PDA

View Full Version : herbal care

Lucy
March 19th, 2008, 07:48 AM
ooo, hi there :) (i already wrote that :shrug:)

I thought of rinsing my hair with some teas. What tea is good, and what for? :confused:

BlueRose4217
March 19th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Well, tea rinses are great! It kind of depends on your hair color. Light colored teas are best for lighter hair, and darker teas are best for darker hair. What color is your hair?

Mine is dark, and I've even used coffee as a rinse! :)

Nightshade
March 19th, 2008, 12:04 PM
There's a link to an herbal hair coloring article in my sig, that has a massive list of herbs and what color they may impart to your hair. You could sort by color, and then look up the benefits of the ones you find interesting :)

icydove
March 19th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I use a hibiscus and elderflower tea with a little honey for a conditioning rinse. I haven't found anything like it!

Ohio Sky
March 19th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Ive used chamomile on DD in a mister bottle. Its really helps with her tangles, and doent affect her color too much because she has dark blonde hair. Im sure a chamomile rinse would work great too.
I havent found anything yet that has the same detangling properties on my black hair :(

khyricat
March 19th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I too use hibiscus and elderflower (no honey) as a leave in conditioning rinse and also in my mister bottle in the summer.

Amie

tiny_teesha
March 20th, 2008, 12:53 AM
you can use hibiscus in a mister, it leaves hair a dark red colour (washes out) and adds bounce.

Shikakai and amla are the godesses of hair cleaning herbs. Shikakai is astringent and amla is conditioning. Both strengthen roots. You can massage the goop on your scalp and leave it a few minutes then rinse. Or just pour it throguh and massage. Try to strain it out first and add corn starch or else it is a mess to work with. They will darken your hair after a while. chamomile will lighten it. hibiscus will add red tones.

I use teas. I still have not perfected it!!! (been useing them for over 2 months now i think)

I like neem washes for the germ killing properties. I dont mind haveing a greasy head, just not scalp so i pour it on let it sit and massage my scalp (if i get too oily my hair sheds!) and then use conditioner still (my hair is SUPER dry on the ends from damage!)

You can use all sorts of herbs, the article on indian herbs is reaaaallllly good! read it! Western herbs can also be used. um, just go up top where it has the little hot links and there is articles there, it is in the natural method or something category.
ill link to it actually....
HERE (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=3)