PDA

View Full Version : TBL by Christmas 2014!

Pages : [1] 2 3

lapushka
January 2nd, 2014, 04:50 AM
Who's with me? I am between waist & hip currently, so TBL by Christmas 2014 should be do-able. Anyone else out there striving for TBL this year? Come join me! There's cheese & chocolate. ;) :D

RegretsHerCut
January 2nd, 2014, 04:55 AM
I'm between shoulder and collabone so it will be MBL for me !

Skade
January 2nd, 2014, 04:57 AM
:eye: Oh.. So there´s cheese and chocolate, then I would join.. But no it´s not my length, already hit TBL, so I guess I will just check in to snack and spy. :cheese:

Soltimus
January 2nd, 2014, 04:58 AM
I'm with you! My New Year's trim put me at a solid waist so TBL should be possible by the end of this year, I'd say! It WILL happen :hifive:

moon2dove
January 2nd, 2014, 05:16 AM
I'm joining! Pass the chocolate please!!:)

@ lapushka I'm about where you are, between Waist & Hip. Fingers crossed I can make it too.

Good luck everyone!

restless
January 2nd, 2014, 05:19 AM
Oh you guys got chocolate? Im in ;)

My hair is currently an inch from BCL so I think TBL is a reasonable goal for this year. I also aim to slowly microtrim away some thin ends on the way in an attempt to thicken up my hemline. I think my growth rate is pretty average with half an inch a month- never really measured but its an estimated guess. We´ll see how it goes.

Jeleebaby
January 2nd, 2014, 05:35 AM
I'm in, currently at waist, but TBL is still 6 1/2 inches away for me......might just make it if i have another good growing year......

FireFromWithin
January 2nd, 2014, 06:12 AM
I'm in. I reached waist last month and I'm planning to go without trims in 2014 so I should make it. Then I'll be at my final goal and can start micro trimming to get the last of the bleach out.

Rio040113
January 2nd, 2014, 06:31 AM
Where do I sign? :lol: I hope the supply of both cheese and chocolate will be adequate! I'm nearing BCL (~2 inches to go last I measured) so TBL seems like a solid goal for 2014, although I'd love to be pushing Classic... (A girl can dream, right?)

Cheyne
January 2nd, 2014, 07:01 AM
I'm in! Love the cheese and chocolate *chews happily*. I'm about 2 inches from tailbone, but plan to trim 4 inches off once I'm there so this is the perfect thread for me!

lapushka
January 2nd, 2014, 07:03 AM
You guys, seriously, there's endless supplies of cheese & chocolate... of course! :lol:

Glad that you're joining in! :D

Misschilly
January 2nd, 2014, 07:09 AM
hm..I just reached wl..do you think it's possible to reach tbl within another year? That would be great! =)

Rio040113
January 2nd, 2014, 08:05 AM
You guys, seriously, there's endless supplies of cheese & chocolate... of course! :lol:

*Gets comfortable*

I think I'm going to like it here... :eyebrows:

melesine
January 2nd, 2014, 08:35 AM
I'm in!

I was actually looking for a thread with this title yesterday and couldn't find one. I'm in the "is this hip?" zone. My mantra is "I'm not trimming".

sarahthegemini
January 2nd, 2014, 08:51 AM
Damn, I'm only between SL and APL, so my goal is BSL to MBL. I want cheese and chocolate though!!

Magalo
January 2nd, 2014, 09:00 AM
Like Melesine, I'm ALMOST hips. But I will be trimming to get rid of the V. And I should stop trimming myself because I ALWAYS end up with a V: not sure what I'm doing wrong. BCL is 5 inches away and tailbone is about 2 inches after BCL. If I get good growth I should get there by christmas! But I would be happy with BCL. Now, one of my resolution should be: take biotin continuously during a year. :lol: I always forget after a couple of weeks.

Mindy
January 2nd, 2014, 09:02 AM
I'm in! TBL is 38" on me. I'm at 31" now. I hope I can make it if I have good growth and stick to no trims in 2014. It's been several months already since my last trim, so we'll have to wait and see how my ends behave.

restless
January 2nd, 2014, 09:03 AM
Damn, I'm only between SL and APL, so my goal is BSL to MBL. I want cheese and chocolate though!!

Im sure theres enough of this stuff so we can afford to share some :D

melesine
January 2nd, 2014, 09:08 AM
Oh thanks for the reminder magalo, I'm off to take my hair supplements. I really need to set a reminder so I'm consistent about it. But the pills are so huge.

PeaceTeaRules
January 2nd, 2014, 10:03 AM
Hello all, jumping in, if you don't mind... I'm currently BSL, or past it anyway don't know if MBL yet... But I wonder if I could possibly get past that... I think I will be almost waist or somewhere around there by that time this year...

But who's to say... Sometimes it grows faster, other times slower... *munches on chocolate* :)

Happy growing everyone!

summerseason
January 2nd, 2014, 10:29 AM
YES!!!! I'm in!!! I'm currently at waist right now @ 30.25" I CANNOT WAIT to be at tbl! I'm so excited! :o

lapushka
January 2nd, 2014, 02:29 PM
You guys! Yay! So many of you participating! Let's make it a fun experience growing to TBL!!! :D

bekahleigh
January 2nd, 2014, 02:35 PM
I'm joining :) just got a trim, not sure exactly where it places me. Below bra strap but maybe not quite waist? Not sure lol but I hope to be tb by christmas!

alishaxmarie
January 2nd, 2014, 03:30 PM
Hmm, I think I can make it! :cheer: I think I can, I think I can!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8514&d=1388700537

We have chocolate and cheese but what about the wine? :beerchug: haha

Planned Routine: S&D-ing by the moon, CO once or twice a week, coconut and/or EVO oils on length daily as well as weekly DC's, possibly monthly SMT's and/or protein treatments depending on how CO goes (only started CO recently afterall), scalp massages with BBB 1-4 times weekly, and daily vitamins (currently biotin, B-complex, fish oil, and MSM but will definitely change over time).

sarahthegemini
January 2nd, 2014, 03:34 PM
Im sure theres enough of this stuff so we can afford to share some :D

:joy:

Hmm, I think I can make it! :cheer: I think I can, I think I can!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8514&d=1388700537

Screw the wine, vodka + lemonade ;)

restless
January 2nd, 2014, 08:55 PM

Screw the wine, vodka + lemonade ;)

Cheers for another year of growing! May there be growth spurts and not so many failed hair experiments :bottomsup:

LauraLongLocks
January 2nd, 2014, 09:13 PM
There's cheese and chocolate? I'm in! It's about 9 inches of growth for me to make it to TBL, I think. I'm planning no trims and thinking about trying MSM, Monistat, castor oil, and I'm already trying out biotin (so far, my nails are nicer, but I think my hair growth is the same).

bunzfan
January 3rd, 2014, 02:36 AM
Count me in another 4" I need i think going off avatar picture it's the bottom of my top, think I should easily make it by Christmas :D

lapushka
January 3rd, 2014, 04:56 AM
Hey you guys, join on in! :D
Hey there bunzfan, nice to see you here too! :toast:

Mishka_84
January 3rd, 2014, 08:04 AM
After my trim two months ago, I'm finally at a good solid waist. So I'm pretty sure I can be at TBL by Christmas. :) (Not going to lie, I really hope I'm at hip by Christmas, but I just don't know if I'll get that long that quickly!)

lapushka
January 3rd, 2014, 08:38 AM
After my trim two months ago, I'm finally at a good solid waist. So I'm pretty sure I can be at TBL by Christmas. :) (Not going to lie, I really hope I'm at hip by Christmas, but I just don't know if I'll get that long that quickly!)

Can't hurt to try, right? :D

Exodus
January 3rd, 2014, 10:43 AM
Just out of curiosity, for those of you who are now at waist and believe you will be at tailbone in a year, how tall are you? And what distance do have between waist and tailbone / where do you measure tailbone? I'm 5'3" and around hip right now, but my growth is so slow, there is no way I will be at tailbone in a year :/ Or maybe I just have weird body shape, I have short distance between waist and hip (short upper body), but a long way from hip to tailbone...

LauraLongLocks
January 3rd, 2014, 12:51 PM
Just out of curiosity, for those of you who are now at waist and believe you will be at tailbone in a year, how tall are you? And what distance do have between waist and tailbone / where do you measure tailbone? I'm 5'3" and around hip right now, but my growth is so slow, there is no way I will be at tailbone in a year :/ Or maybe I just have weird body shape, I have short distance between waist and hip (short upper body), but a long way from hip to tailbone...

For the last 3 months, my growth rate has been .75", .75", and .5" without doing anything special. Waist to TBL is about 9 inches for me. I could almost make it there in a year with my present growth rate and no trims. I'm thinking about trying some things I've read about to help increase my growth rate. If I can get an even faster growth rate than my natural rate, all the more possibility of reaching my TBL goal in a year, right?

ETA: I'm 5'4" and "can I call this waist?" is 30" on me. TBL is about 39", or just about where my wrist is when my hands are at my sides. Refer to my signature pic. That's how much growth I have to make it there in a year.

ETA 2: Wanted to add this edited picture with lines showing my goals.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Monthlylengthphoto1.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Monthlylengthphoto1.jpg.html)

LadyCelestina
January 3rd, 2014, 02:11 PM
I wish I could join,but I don't think I'll reach tailbone curly that soon,and I'll probably reach tailbone straight too soon :rolleyes:.

lapushka
January 3rd, 2014, 03:17 PM
I wish I could join,but I don't think I'll reach tailbone curly that soon,and I'll probably reach tailbone straight too soon :rolleyes:.

Pulling it straight counts in my book! And no matter if you reach that before the due date. You can celebrate earlier! ;)

bunzfan
January 3rd, 2014, 03:27 PM

I'm 5"3 and hip is just 29" on me and tbl is about 34 inches.

PraiseCheeses
January 3rd, 2014, 06:28 PM
*slinks into thread*

Tentatively joining. My hair is at can-I-call-this-hip and 33" after my New Years Day trim, and tailbone is about 38", so it's possible. My hair has been growing absurdly slowly lately though, and it seems that I fall short of whatever (reasonable) growth goals I set for myself. Maybe I should join the "Classic by Christmas" thread instead. :p

Happy growing, everyone! Is anyone doing anything to attempt to speed up growth?

LauraLongLocks
January 3rd, 2014, 08:19 PM
Happy growing, everyone! Is anyone doing anything to attempt to speed up growth?

Yes, I started on biotin on December 9th, and I'm going to try MSM, castor oil scalp massage, and monistat (each thing separately) to see if any of it helps my growth rate. I will definitely be reporting my results.

lunalocks
January 3rd, 2014, 08:32 PM
ME!!! I am in! Hoping for brie and truffles! And maybe Merlot?

I have taken over doing my own trimming, catnip tea (that has decreased need for trims because it decreased splits dramatically), keeping it up and refraining from being so obsessed with length. (And here I am, obsessing!).

I am at 38 inches which, on me (5'11''), is still .5 - 1 inch from BCL. TB is another 3 inches from that. I grow slow, but I think I'll make it...I think I'll make it...

lapushka
January 4th, 2014, 02:59 AM
I just discovered last night that I'm at hip (a liiiittle past, TBH), and that it's 6 inches from hip to TBL. I should make that, approximately, by next year... maybe Christmas. Hoping for fast, speedy growth. :D

Flossiebell
January 4th, 2014, 03:43 AM
Ooh I will do anything for chocolate! Can I join please? I am 8 inches from TB but my hair grows ridiculously fast in summer and if I continue to s&d only and be extra careful I might just make it do you think?? Definitively will, surely, um...

lapushka
January 4th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Ooh I will do anything for chocolate! Can I join please? I am 8 inches from TB but my hair grows ridiculously fast in summer and if I continue to s&d only and be extra careful I might just make it do you think?? Definitively will, surely, um...

Sure, please join!!! Can't hurt to try, right? :D Besides approximately getting there counts in my book. ;)

heartgoesboom
January 4th, 2014, 06:00 AM
is tbl kinda the length where i can sit on it? if so, i think i'm here! i may be hip right now as long as i don't trim more... my ends are still ok after my last micro trim. i just haven't been able to upload a good progress pic.

lapushka
January 4th, 2014, 06:56 AM
is tbl kinda the length where i can sit on it? if so, i think i'm here! i may be hip right now as long as i don't trim more... my ends are still ok after my last micro trim. i just haven't been able to upload a good progress pic.

Yep, that's the length, just where you could possibly sit on it, though if you can actually sit on it and there's a huge chunk under your bum, it might even be longer. ;)

Andeee
January 4th, 2014, 09:39 AM
I'm 5'3" and around hip right now, but my growth is so slow, there is no way I will be at tailbone in a year :/ Or maybe I just have weird body shape, I have short distance between waist and hip (short upper body), but a long way from hip to tailbone...
This is almost me. I'm 5'2" and am at hip now which is really not too far from waist on me. From hip to tbl is loads longer (haven't measured yet) and seems more than 6".

I will tentatively join here, but if I measure and it's more like 9" I doubt I'll get there in a year...

bunzfan
January 4th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Are we hoping for just tb or full tb I hope to grow past it so I can cut a few inches in Jan 2015 and still be at tailbone.

lapushka
January 4th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Are we hoping for just tb or full tb I hope to grow past it so I can cut a few inches in Jan 2015 and still be at tailbone.

IDK, it's up to each of us individually, I guess, where we want to be exactly, just hitting TB, or a little beyond it in order to maintain. To me it's going to be quite the challenge not trimming, because I'll need all the length I can get. :)

Laura-Anne
January 4th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Count me in! I am at hip and have about 5 inches to get to tailbone. I think that it is a realistic goal to reach tailbone sometime this year with trimmings... :D so exciting!

LadyCelestina
January 5th, 2014, 02:26 AM
Pulling it straight counts in my book! And no matter if you reach that before the due date. You can celebrate earlier! ;)
Haha,great! Then I'm in! :D And who knows,maybe I'll even get at least "can I call this TBL?" for Christmas next year! :D

FireFromWithin
January 5th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I gave in and microtimmed today. Not sure it made much difference to the condition but I don't want to maintain waist when hip and TB are so close. I seem to have a very low waist in comparison to my torso length so I'm only a couple of inches away from hip and should make TB by the end of the year if I resist further tampering. Might have to change the colour of my ends, the blue is almost faded out. I'm thinking purple. The colour makes my hair look so much longer since the blonde it's as easy to see! I'll need to start trimming again at some point though since I want to get rid of the 3-4 inches of bleach that I'm using the bright colours to cover up! I need support, keep me growing to TB! It doesn't help that I had a week in devon without my normal shampoo and conditioner and we have a hot tub there. Chlorine required me to wash almost daily with sulphates and cones and my hair is going to be recovering for weeks!

LauraLongLocks
January 5th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Trying my first castor oil treatment today. I think I have gone a little crazy... willing to try almost anything to eek out a little more hair growth. ;) Next experiment is to try MSM or monistat... whichever comes first in the mail. :D *I will make TBL in 2014* *I will make TBL in 2014* *I will make TBL in 2014* ... also typing weird chants in a thread about growing to TBL, on a long hair forum on the internet... Yeah, I think I'm certifiable.

alexis917
January 5th, 2014, 05:39 PM
My hair is nearly waist now, so I should be ALMOST tbl by Christmas next year....!
Honestly, anywhere past waist and I'll call it a success! My hair hasn't been that long in years...

heartgoesboom
January 5th, 2014, 09:15 PM
haha. well I'm at 33" now and classic is 41" on me so I think I can do it and still have some trims!
Yep, that's the length, just where you could possibly sit on it, though if you can actually sit on it and there's a huge chunk under your bum, it might even be longer. ;)

heartgoesboom
January 5th, 2014, 09:17 PM
ooh I thought I wrote this. haha, we're on the same boat!
Count me in! I am at hip and have about 5 inches to get to tailbone. I think that it is a realistic goal to reach tailbone sometime this year with trimmings... :D so exciting!

lapushka
January 6th, 2014, 03:13 AM
*I will make TBL in 2014* *I will make TBL in 2014* *I will make TBL in 2014* ... also typing weird chants in a thread about growing to TBL, on a long hair forum on the internet... Yeah, I think I'm certifiable.

Nothing wrong with a little chanting now and then. ;) :lol:

Andeee
January 6th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Crumbs! It's gonna be tough, I think. I'm at hip, (which everyone told me I was at 3 months ago) but only just it seems. I'm at a bit of a stall since September (even though my grey roots still come in like crazy). I just measured and while waist and hip are very very close on me, hip to tbl is at least another 7 to 8 inches! Unless my hair starts growing crazy fast (maybe in summer?) I don't think I'll make it....

lapushka
January 6th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Unless my hair starts growing crazy fast (maybe in summer?) I don't think I'll make it....

You can try, and I think that that's what this challenge is all about. Even if you only approximate TBL by Christmas, at least you gave it a fair go, and you're further along in your longhair journey. :)

cathair
January 6th, 2014, 09:43 AM
I would love to be at tailbone by next Christmas. My longest bit is BCL wet now. But my hair very tapered and it only grew 3 inches this year, so I am not convinced it will get there :( Edit: By that I mean get to tailbone and not look invisible, or look that long when not stretched straight.

Andeee
January 6th, 2014, 09:45 AM
You can try, and I think that that's what this challenge is all about. Even if you only approximate TBL by Christmas, at least you gave it a fair go, and you're further along in your longhair journey. :)
Yes I will try! I must have a looong rear end and tailbone, but yes I will try to get there!

woolyleprechaun
January 6th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Ooooh count me in. I'm somewhere between waist and hip right now, hoping to hit a solid hip in the spring. I should (hopefully) reach BCL at the end of this year, but TBL may be quite the challenge.
I'll place a truffle on the alter of hair growth gods ;)

Denebi
January 6th, 2014, 11:12 AM
I'd love to join in, too! I'm currently around hip length, and I had a good growth rate the last two months, so it is possible. However, I planned to do some micro trims (did one today in fact), so it might not work out in the end. We'll see. But TBL is definitely my goal length for this year. If I can't reach it, I will probably be very close though.

silverstars
January 6th, 2014, 11:34 AM
This is where I am hoping to be this time next year. I took a few months to maintain at waist/hip and am ready to move on.

0xalis
January 6th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Haha, if only this was for TBL by Christmas of 2016! :p Good luck you guys, I'll be over here stealing some chocolate and rooting for you!

AmyBeth
January 7th, 2014, 12:52 AM
I like cheese and chocolate, and I'd REALLY like TB by December 2014! I'm a pretty solid hip length now, but I've been stalled here for the past 5 months. I have a pretty thick hemline, and virtually no splits or white dots. I know my hair is growing, because I have to keep hendigo-ing my roots, and I only microtrim 1/4 inch every three months. I'm just not getting any more length, so I don't know if this is my terminal length. I'd like to be at TBL with all of you, so I will just keep trying to take good care of my hair, and maybe I'll be able to keep up with you all!

lapushka
January 7th, 2014, 04:51 AM
Yes, please join Amybeth! Why your hair isn't gaining more length is a positive mystery! Maybe you are trimming slightly more off than you think? Possibly? Maybe try trimming less frequently? And see what that does for a while; or something.

*Passes around the cheese & chocolate. Anyone want wine with that? Because ask, and we shall provide!*

Agnes Hannah
January 7th, 2014, 06:04 AM
I wish!!
Good luck on your growing!

tigereye
January 7th, 2014, 07:54 AM
I might join you folks. I just noticed today in the shower that my soaking-wet hair was brushing BCL. Dry, I'm still an inch and a half from it. My hair is growing more slowly these days with the mega-shed from my meds and the current exam-stress (I only have a inch and a half of roots above my henna - usually I would have had almost 3 by now), but hopefully I'll still make it.

lapushka
January 7th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Glad to have you join, tigereye! You're not that far away! :)

AmyBeth
January 8th, 2014, 01:44 AM
Hey, we're having chocolate, cheese, AND popcorn, AND carrot juice-whether I make it to hip or not, this is the place to be! These are all nice healthy foods (dark chocolate has antioxidants, cheese has protein, popcorn has fiber, and plenty of vitamin A in carrot juice!), that will surely help us all grow beautiful hair.

furnival
January 8th, 2014, 03:26 AM
Did somebody mention wine? :bottomsup:

I've been steadfastly ignoring my length for a good while now (a year or so?) and last night I was astounded to discover that I've reached hip! It seems only a minute ago I was hovering around BSL and bemoaning the sluggardly speed my hair grows. So TBL by next Christmas sounds plausible to me! Can I join? I'll bring more wine if I drink all of yours, I promise. ;)

lapushka
January 8th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Can I join? I'll bring more wine if I drink all of yours, I promise. ;)

Goes without saying, and more wine is always welcome! :D

Tori Angeli
January 11th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Count me in. I made hip length last month and I'm not very tall, so we shall see!

BlackRedRaven
January 11th, 2014, 12:03 PM
May i join, too? I'm a little bit past hip now and my hair grows incredibly slow... but i might reach TBL by christmas...

ladylowtide
January 11th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Me me me me too! I want chocolate and achieving goals! :) I'm solid hip now so I'll be super excited to meet this goal with you all. My longest layers are quick approaching BCL, so I think I've got a good shot at this one! I didn't quite make waist by christmas 2012, so it will feel good to actually complete one of these.

Spindle
January 11th, 2014, 08:24 PM
I'm in too :) Tailbone on me is 39 inches and I'm currently at CICT hip (34inches). An exciting milestone to look forward to!

bunzfan
January 12th, 2014, 10:20 AM
You know, it's awesome being petite as tbl is about 35" on me roughly 5 to go.

lapushka
January 12th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Hi to everyone that's new in joining this challenge! Welcome Tori Angeli, BlackRedRaven, ladylowtide & Spindle!

TrapperCreekD
January 12th, 2014, 01:42 PM
*pokes head in* :waving: I might be able to get to TBL when wet by Christmas. Stretched, my longest pieces are an inch or so past hip, and tailbone is ~6" away (based on the super scientific, accurate method of measuring by yourself and guesstimating, of course). :pray:

BlackRedRaven
January 12th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Thank you lapushka! For me TBL is at 41.5'' and my currant length is 39.25'' - so it's 2.25'' for me to go. Does not sound so much, but with superslow growing hair and hairloss it's a lot;)

bunzfan
January 12th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Thank you lapushka! For me TBL is at 41.5'' and my currant length is 39.25'' - so it's 2.25'' for me to go. Does not sound so much, but with superslow growing hair and hairloss it's a lot;)

Goodness you must be very tall that's classic on me.

Komao
January 12th, 2014, 04:02 PM
I'm with you. I like chocolate, cheese, wine, all of the above. I'll chant even sacrifice to give my offerings to the altar of hair growth gods, thanks for suggestion woolyleprechaun, if I can only be TBL by Xmas 2014. :magic:

nakima
January 12th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Im in! I just reached hip in 2013 so it's on to tailbone for me :) good luck all and happy growing!

Fairlight63
January 12th, 2014, 07:31 PM
I will join also. I am a little past waist now. So hopefully I will be TBL by Christmas. Can't resist the choc. :) I heard choc. is good for hair growth :) (wish)

heartgoesboom
January 12th, 2014, 07:51 PM
yes! i finally got a picture taken and uploaded.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/pineye/Mobile%20Uploads/20140112_152802-1_zps3c6816d7.jpg

hair was straightened and lightly oiled with coconut oil when this was taken today. the ends are just on the top of my jeans. i've been microtrimming when i feel the ends are getting too thin. there are still layers halfway up my hair so it's thin. i'm also on birth control and may be hypothyroid but my hair was abused before by dyes so i dunno what exactly is the culprit. but i hope i get it healthy and thick again eventually! even though every few weeks i've been itching to dye it brown!

BlackRedRaven
January 12th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Goodness you must be very tall that's classic on me.

I'm just 5' 11'' tall but have a tall torso combined with "normal" legs ;) Classic is 46'' for me.

BlueMajorelle
January 12th, 2014, 11:13 PM
I'm at APL.. I'm hoping to reach waist by Christmas. Hair grows ~half an in per month, so that's where it should be in a year... but waist an optimistic goal as my hair doesn't grow very fast.

lapushka
January 13th, 2014, 03:46 AM
Welcome to all who are new. So many, gosh! :lol:

I'm sure we'll be progressing towards TBL at the very least, and reaching it at the very best!

bunzfan
January 18th, 2014, 10:44 AM
I don't know about everyone else but tailbone seems so long away which is strange being so short waist was 26" hip. 28" and tb 34 and I'm only 5ft 3 maybe I'm just long.

cathair
January 18th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I don't know about everyone else but tailbone seems so long away which is strange being so short waist was 26" hip. 28" and tb 34 and I'm only 5ft 3 maybe I'm just long.

Just been trying to work it out, I think it's about 37.5 - 38 inches on me and I about 5' 6". Longest bit of hair stretched is 35.5 inches but it still seems like miles away. Feels a bit like if I watch it, it will never get there lol.

Andeee
January 18th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Me, too. I'm 5'2" and am at just about hip length. Tbl is a good 6 to 7 inches away at the moment.

rose313
January 18th, 2014, 01:24 PM
This seems like a realistic goal for me. My hair is 31 inches and tailbone is about 34 inches on me. However I was at waist at 29 inches and still feel like I'm at waist even though my hair is 2 inches longer. So I will probably aim for around 36 so my hemline will be thick and even right at tailbone. As long as my hair still keeps growing half an inch per month I should be at tailbone by Xmas 2014 even with trims.

tigereye
January 18th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Me, too. I'm 5'2" and am at just about hip length. Tbl is a good 6 to 7 inches away at the moment.

I'm 5'6, but my torso and upper body are fairly short. TBL is about 7" from my hip for me too, even though I'm taller. Half that was the distance to BCL, which I'm pretty much at now.
I guess the disadvantage of a short torso for me is that I have longer to wait for the longer-milestones.

lapushka
January 18th, 2014, 01:49 PM

I'm 5'7" and hip to TBL is about 6 inches apart. I'm short waisted, though. Short body, long legs.

restless
January 18th, 2014, 11:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/pineye/Mobile%20Uploads/20140112_152802-1_zps3c6816d7.jpg

i've been microtrimming when i feel the ends are getting too thin. there are still layers halfway up my hair so it's thin. i'm also on birth control and may be hypothyroid but my hair was abused before by dyes so i dunno what exactly is the culprit. but i hope i get it healthy and thick again eventually!

Actually I dont see anything particularly thin about those ends. They look amazing and so does the rest of your hair :) So smooth and pretty!

FireFromWithin
January 19th, 2014, 01:14 AM
Ok, I broke out the tape measure. I'm currently at 31.5-31.75 inches (my hair is curled right now so it's harder to tell) and hip is about 33" with BCL and the top of my coccsyx at 37" and the very end of my coccsyx at 39". So it looks like I may not fully get to the lower bit of my coccsyx by Christmas but I'm going to try. No more trimming for me (I have in and did a couple of micro trims as my ends were getting ratty). But at half an inch a month I should definitely reach BCL by Christmas and full TB early next year. I'm sticking around here though as I'm hoping for a growth spurt. Then I might cut and grow between BCL and TBL for a while until the rest of the bleach (still died blue, starting to think its permenant and getting quite attached to it) has grown out. If I weren't for the damage and the fact that I need daily oilings to keep the bleach bit at all happy I'd keep it for the colour potential. The directions dye came out of the virgin hair in a couple of weeks!

Wow, long post. Sorry I seem to post infrequently and get over excited when I do.

lapushka
January 19th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Wow, long post. Sorry I seem to post infrequently and get over excited when I do.

No worries! :D I hope you reach your goal, and if not, you gave it your best shot. I'm not trimming either to get those 6 inches of growth, or damn near to, anyway. :)

Foxylocks
January 27th, 2014, 05:01 PM
I'm just barely at hip length. I think tailbone is realistic, with no trimming. Not planning on trimming anyway.

lapushka
January 27th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Yay, thanks for joining! We love new participants!!! :D :cheer:

veryhairyfairy
January 28th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Hello! :waving: I brought Guinness and cookies, can I join the party?
I'm at Hip+ right now, and TBL is the goal I'd like to reach before I start maintaining to get damage gone, I'd love to reach it by the Solstice! :)
I'm not sure where I'm at measurement wise right now, (I'll check sometime soon) but I know that hip on me is 31", and TBL is 35". Even with all of the damage at the ends and a stepped up trim schedule this year, I should be able to just barely grow those 3-4 inches!
Here's my latest length pics (one straight, one with bunwaves):
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af164/veryhairyfairy/length1-12-142282x500_zpsa6f12d57.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/veryhairyfairy/media/length1-12-142282x500_zpsa6f12d57.jpg.html)
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af164/veryhairyfairy/length1-15-14bunwaves244x500_zpse2f264d1.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/veryhairyfairy/media/length1-15-14bunwaves244x500_zpse2f264d1.jpg.html)

TBL is about wrist on me, and in the bunwaves pic the bottom of my shirt is BCL.
We can do it!

lapushka
January 28th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Hello! :waving: I brought Guinness and cookies, can I join the party?

Sure you can, cheers! :D

Lovely hair!

bunzfan
January 28th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Sticking in there just putting it up and forgetting about it, realized the other day its very close to hip on me so goooo being pint sized :lol:

Bagginslover
January 30th, 2014, 03:14 AM
I'm in!! Looooow TB here, I have 5-6 inches to go, so should be possible if I don't get scissor happy! Need to update my sig pic and measurements though, maybe after I henna my roots at the weekend... :)

Avital88
January 30th, 2014, 03:21 AM
Yes me!! I'm currently at hip length w ends that I would like to improve.
Few yrs back it took me 8 months to grow from waist to tbl. For this year I would like tbl hair with an U almost blunt hemline:)))

Snorman
January 30th, 2014, 03:24 AM
I would love to, but I'm currently at BSL, so that seems preeeetty far away...:P
But one can dream, right?

Avital88
January 30th, 2014, 03:24 AM
And I need around 2 inches for tbl but I will be trimming on the way

lapushka
January 30th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Welcome to all who joined. I'm sure we can make it by Christmas. It's a long way away, and with no trimming I should be able to make it. How 'bout you guys? Are you planning on "no-trimming", or are you still on a trimming schedule?

veryhairyfairy
January 30th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Welcome to all who joined. I'm sure we can make it by Christmas. It's a long way away, and with no trimming I should be able to make it. How 'bout you guys? Are you planning on "no-trimming", or are you still on a trimming schedule?

I believe in all of us! :D

My old dye damage is really starting to bug me, and I keep saying that I'll trim a few inches throughout this year... but I may just decide to sprint to TBL and then maintain. :rolleyes:

Heavy Raindrops
January 30th, 2014, 11:24 AM
I am nearly at hip length as well but would love to get to tailbone length as soon as possible! :D I am going to have a minor trim because my ends have a lot of split ends at the moment. So in about 4-6 months I'll be having a small hair cut. :o

Bagginslover
January 30th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I'm on a 'suck it and see' schedule ;) if I pledge not to cut, I'll immediately want to, if I say I'll trim, I'll chicken out constantly, so I won't make a commitment either way, other than to go with my gut as and when it feels like it needs 'something' :)

TrapperCreekD
January 30th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Going to try for no trimming but may do some micro trimming, depending on how my ends hold up...

LauraLongLocks
January 30th, 2014, 02:09 PM

Previous to now, I've trimmed my hair about every 3-4 months. I'm going for no trims in 2014. Just S&D. I have a long haul to make it to TBL. I might be asking too much of my hair follicles, but I like a challenge. If my ends need trimmed in January 2015, then I won't hesitate to do it. I'm thinking that a 1x or 2x a year trim schedule is good, and then a check at each milestone to see if I need to maintain for a while before moving on. I was thinking of cutting out the rest of my layers once I reached waist, but I really want to see progress, so I'm waiting, waiting, waiting.

lapushka
January 30th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I was thinking of cutting out the rest of my layers once I reached waist, but I really want to see progress, so I'm waiting, waiting, waiting.

Personally, I don't think it's bad to have layers, but everyone's mileage varies on that. :flower:

LauraLongLocks
January 30th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Personally, I don't think it's bad to have layers, but everyone's mileage varies on that. :flower:

I like layers on curly or wavy hair, but not on mine. Besides, they just shred my braids.

lapushka
January 30th, 2014, 03:37 PM
I like layers on curly or wavy hair, but not on mine. Besides, they just shred my braids.

Yeah, on wavy hair they're pretty neat! I hope you can grow them out somehow... but first TBL, right? ;)

lunalocks
January 30th, 2014, 04:04 PM
I have already micro-trimmed once this year. I am sitting at 39 inches which is the longest I have ever been. I have just achieved the mini milestone of BCL.

Some days I feel like I have what I call the ratty ends syndrome that always prompts me to get a 1 to 2 inch trim. Trying real hard to fend off the urge. So I just keep it up and try to forget about it.

lapushka
January 30th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Some days I feel like I have what I call the ratty ends syndrome that always prompts me to get a 1 to 2 inch trim. Trying real hard to fend off the urge. So I just keep it up and try to forget about it.

Best way forward (keeping it up)! Gotta remember that for when I get the urge to trim, much later on in the growth process, I hope. :D

tigereye
January 30th, 2014, 04:37 PM

I'll be s&d-ing. If my growth goes back to normal and I get there early I might trim just to even up the ends.

Leslieslsa
January 30th, 2014, 06:38 PM
My hair is around an inch away from tailbone.

LauraLongLocks
January 30th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Yeah, on wavy hair they're pretty neat! I hope you can grow them out somehow... but first TBL, right? ;)

You read my mind. ;)

Indigo Girl
January 30th, 2014, 09:45 PM
I'm in!! I did a major cut and right now I'm in between waist and hip. I'd like to get back to classic eventually.

How 'bout you guys? Are you planning on "no-trimming", or are you still on a trimming schedule?

I would love to do no-trimming to keep the length, but my hair splits like crazy so I need the micro-trims in addition to S&D in order to keep it manageable. So, trims for me.

TrapperCreekD
February 1st, 2014, 06:58 PM
Slowly creeping closer to TBL... Now If I tip my head really far back in the shower, my longest pieces reach right to right about TB. :disco:

LauraLongLocks
February 2nd, 2014, 01:18 PM
Slowly creeping closer to TBL... Now If I tip my head really far back in the shower, my longest pieces reach right to right about TB. :disco:

How exciting! You are just a few inches ahead of me, so I look to you for inspiration!

lapushka
February 2nd, 2014, 01:32 PM
I'm slowly creeping my way past hip... yay. No urge to trim yet. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the newbies to this thread. Leslieslsa, looks like you're almost there.

Aderyn
February 2nd, 2014, 02:05 PM
I think I might be able to have some stretched hairs reach TBL by the end of the year, since apparently my hair grows quite fast. Would be a nice Christmas surprise, that's for sure. :)

nakima
February 2nd, 2014, 02:33 PM
I love choclate and cheese so I'm in to :yumm: I reached just to the top of hips before christmas and I'm not sure if I have some breakage or if I have hit a stall but things seem to have really slowed down. I was hopeing to reach tbl by june or july now I'm not sure so hopefully things will turn around and I will be there sometime in 2014. Good luck all and Happy growing!!!

lapushka
February 2nd, 2014, 02:38 PM
I love choclate and cheese so I'm in to :yumm: I reached just to the top of hips before christmas and I'm not sure if I have some breakage or if I have hit a stall but things seem to have really slowed down. I was hopeing to reach tbl by june or july now I'm not sure so hopefully things will turn around and I will be there sometime in 2014. Good luck all and Happy growing!!!

Happy growing to you too! :D

Kwantslonghair
February 2nd, 2014, 07:10 PM
I am in...all of my hair but bangs are at waist length and the longest part is at hip...it needs a good trim to thicken ends but I should be able to do that and still hit tb by next christmas

lapushka
February 3rd, 2014, 07:56 AM
Yay, thanks you guys for joining in!

restless
February 21st, 2014, 11:30 PM
I think I need some of that chocolate mentioned earlier as comfort food. After taking 3 centimeters off my ends Im now closer to hip than BCL I think *sigh*

Up until yesterday I was only 1 centimeter away from BCL but then I checked the mirror and saw those thin, sad looking ends and just couldnt take it anymore so the scissors was brought out. I gotta admit my ends look a lot better but I was in the hip area for forever and now Im back once again.

I hope the hair growing is going better for the rest of the people in this thread :p

alishaxmarie
February 26th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Growth from December to February (my January picture is awful). My December picture was the only time I took a hair picture with a decent camera lol but hey I made it to waist! :) When straight or wet my hair feels SOO long since I kept it short most of my life and I actually have a lot more wave than I realized. I've started catnip tea rinses and have been CO-ing for a few months now. I've started paying attention to my shedding and it seems like I shed rather excessively but idt it's any more than average for me :confused: I really want to try shampoo bars but that will have to wait. How's everyone been growing as of late? There hasn't been much activity on here from most people...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9428&d=1393297669http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9176&d=1392012995

Indigo Girl
February 26th, 2014, 02:08 PM
alishaxmarie, that's some great growth, I love your waves! :bluesmile

I've been meaning to take a length shot, but I want to do a cassia gloss first. I think I'm coming along pretty well. I'll need to look into getting a trim in the next month or two though.

lapushka
February 26th, 2014, 02:08 PM
I think I need some of that chocolate mentioned earlier as comfort food. After taking 3 centimeters off my ends Im now closer to hip than BCL I think *sigh*

Up until yesterday I was only 1 centimeter away from BCL but then I checked the mirror and saw those thin, sad looking ends and just couldnt take it anymore so the scissors was brought out. I gotta admit my ends look a lot better but I was in the hip area for forever and now Im back once again.

I hope the hair growing is going better for the rest of the people in this thread :p

You'll be back to where you were in no time. *passes the chocolate*

bunzfan
February 26th, 2014, 02:10 PM

Yep very true, put it up and forget about it for a month or two.

AngryVikingGirl
February 26th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Hey! May I join? *looks at the cheese secretly* I'm about 2 inches from hip now. I'm only hoping to make it (TB, I mean) until Christmas because I'm shamelessly cheating with biotin. :p Also, I have an ambivalent feeling about posting on LHC - how do I ignore my hair if I keep reading and watching stuff about hair? But I'll try. ;)

Jessleigh
February 26th, 2014, 02:29 PM
I'm a newby. :waving: would I be a good contender for TL lrngth by December? I'm planning to do some microtrims to thicken up my hemline.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad60/Connor1052009/Hair_zps7196aa8e.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/Connor1052009/media/Hair_zps7196aa8e.jpg.html)

lapushka
February 26th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Hey! May I join? *looks at the cheese secretly* I'm about 2 inches from hip now. I'm only hoping to make it (TB, I mean) until Christmas because I'm shamelessly cheating with biotin. :p Also, I have an ambivalent feeling about posting on LHC - how do I ignore my hair if I keep reading and watching stuff about hair? But I'll try. ;)

*passes cheese tray* Of course you can join. Hope it works out with the biotin, and if not, hey, might as well try for TBL anyway, right?

I'm a newby. :waving: would I be a good contender for TL lrngth by December? I'm planning to do some microtrims to thicken up my hemline.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad60/Connor1052009/Hair_zps7196aa8e.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/Connor1052009/media/Hair_zps7196aa8e.jpg.html)

Of course you are. You're where I am currently, hip/hip+, so it should be do-able!

Happy to have you guys join in !

Jessleigh
February 26th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Thank you. You seem like such a warm person. :love:

Of course you are. You're where I am currently, hip/hip+, so it should be do-able!

Happy to have you guys join in ![/QUOTE]

lapushka
February 26th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Thank you. You seem like such a warm person. :love:

Thank you! That's so nice to hear!!! :D :flower:

LauraLongLocks
February 26th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Hey! May I join? *looks at the cheese secretly* I'm about 2 inches from hip now. I'm only hoping to make it (TB, I mean) until Christmas because I'm shamelessly cheating with biotin. :p Also, I have an ambivalent feeling about posting on LHC - how do I ignore my hair if I keep reading and watching stuff about hair? But I'll try. ;) If using biotin is cheating, then I'm always cheating. I take biotin and it helps my nails, but doesn't seem to do anything for my hair so far. I'm also taking gelatin, collagen, and MSM. I'm a major cheater! I hear you about ignoring hair, while reading about hair, and seeing such awesome photos of beautiful hair. Seems like one doesn't fit with the other.

I think you can make it, and your hemline looks nice as it is, so I wouldn't say that microtrimming is a necessity if you would rather keep your length.

AngryVikingGirl
February 26th, 2014, 03:53 PM
*passes cheese tray* Of course you can join. Hope it works out with the biotin, and if not, hey, might as well try for TBL anyway, right?

Happy to have you guys join in !

Thank you! :flower: Both for the welcome and the cheese. :p This seems to be a good company to be in. The biotin has worked so far but I've never been past hip, so I have no idea what my hair does at TB.

If using biotin is cheating, then I'm always cheating. I take biotin and it helps my nails, but doesn't seem to do anything for my hair so far. I'm also taking gelatin, collagen, and MSM. I'm a major cheater! I hear you about ignoring hair, while reading about hair, and seeing such awesome photos of beautiful hair. Seems like one doesn't fit with the other.

Hihi, when I started taking it, it felt like cheating, that's why I said that! But, yes, you're a major cheater! :D My nails grow faster too, but I don't like that, like to keep them short.

Remi
February 26th, 2014, 04:55 PM
I am jealous! I am no where near TBL by Christmas. But the cheese and chocolate are tempting. My journey will take longer, so I will bring along more cheese.

Monkshood
February 26th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Why is it that when I'm looking at my length pics it looks like I am so far away from TB, when in reality I'm only missing about 4 inches? My hair grows fast, so I have no doubt I'll be there by Christmas. Unless my tailbone isn't where I think it is? Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned being able to sit on their hair at TB... It doesn't seem like it would be possible for me to sit on my hair at that length, but almost.

Jessleigh
February 26th, 2014, 07:17 PM
I think you can make it, and your hemline looks nice as it is, so I wouldn't say that microtrimming is a necessity if you would rather keep your length.

Thanks. I'm still trying to figure things out. I didn't even know the term hemline until coming here. :laugh: I've just seen some pics of nice thick and blunt hemlines that I'm drooling over. Who knows.

restless
February 26th, 2014, 10:14 PM

Yep very true, put it up and forget about it for a month or two.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

veryhairyfairy
February 27th, 2014, 04:47 AM
Still growing strong, probably about three inches away from TBL. It's finally starting to really feel and look long to me because I'm at hip in front!
I'm already starting to look forward to my mid-May length shot, but that's months away! :lol:

My hair has been much nicer and less damaged feeling since I started using a concentrate to make my own conditioner. I think adding a bunch of safflower oil to it is really making my strands more supple. The oil is definitely absorbing into my hair (or at least coating it very lightly) because I can't even apply 2 drops of oil to dry hair without it turning super over-oiled, usually it takes 10-15 drops to look like that!

FireFromWithin
February 27th, 2014, 05:08 AM
I'm starting to worry that I won't make it. I had to do a trim and it's now just past waist when dry. It's got another 6 inches to go before TBL! It's rather depressing me.

lapushka
February 27th, 2014, 06:38 AM
From the looks of it (this is a rough estimate), I have about 4 to 5 inches to go. Meh, more like 5. It's been growing like a weed these past few months.

bunzfan
February 27th, 2014, 06:50 AM
From the looks of it (this is a rough estimate), I have about 4 to 5 inches to go. Meh, more like 5. It's been growing like a weed these past few months.

Yeah i reckon i have too guess its buy a new hair toy excuse when its driving us mad :lol: saying that i'm totally out when guessamating length milestones thought waist was 28" it was 26" thought hip was 31" and it was 28" .

queenovnight
February 27th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Oh! I'm joining in!

This year, I've decided to try new treatments, tea recipes and all kinds of new things. I want to be TBL sooo bad.

lapushka
February 27th, 2014, 08:06 AM
Oh! I'm joining in!

This year, I've decided to try new treatments, tea recipes and all kinds of new things. I want to be TBL sooo bad.

Yay, welcome! :cheer:

hafattack
February 27th, 2014, 09:36 AM
I am at BCL but seem to be stalled. My goal for a while has been TBL by the end of the year, so I will join up and see if I can make it!
There are a lot of experiments I want to try this year, but I got a huge spurt (about two or three inches in as many months) when I tried whey protein so I will definitely be doing that again. Good luck to everyone!

lapushka
February 27th, 2014, 10:52 AM
I am at BCL but seem to be stalled. My goal for a while has been TBL by the end of the year, so I will join up and see if I can make it!
There are a lot of experiments I want to try this year, but I got a huge spurt (about two or three inches in as many months) when I tried whey protein so I will definitely be doing that again. Good luck to everyone!

I hope the stall ends soon! You never know, and you can't but keep checking once in a while! Good luck to you too! :D

Ocelan
February 27th, 2014, 12:10 PM
How have I missed this thread!?! I'm in even though I am a latecomer. *Reaches for the chocolate*

I have a bit less than 4 inches to grow until I hit TBL. Now I'm quite smack in the middle of hip and BCL length and I am not trimming this year. Growing will be so odd after the whole year of barely growing at all last year due to massive micro-trimming. :)

*Snatches some cheese and mumbles "Good nutrition is vital for good hair growth, right?" with mouth full of gouda*

lapushka
February 27th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Welcome Ocelan! Glad you found the chocolate, and the cheese! ;) :lol:

sisi33
February 27th, 2014, 12:26 PM
Oooh, me! I would like to join! If I don't, I have a horrible feeling that I would be cutting a lot off- like, hack-it-all-off! a lot. :rolleyes: At present, I'm about an inch and a half from BCL, so TBL should be attainable by Christmas. Here's hoping!

alishaxmarie
February 27th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Hmmm..... Where exactly is hip length? The tops of my pelvis bones? Where my jeans rest? Or somewhere else entirely?

bunzfan
February 27th, 2014, 12:31 PM
How have I missed this thread!?! I'm in even though I am a latecomer. *Reaches for the chocolate*

I have a bit less than 4 inches to grow until I hit TBL. Now I'm quite smack in the middle of hip and BCL length and I am not trimming this year. Growing will be so odd after the whole year of barely growing at all last year due to massive micro-trimming. :)

*Snatches some cheese and mumbles "Good nutrition is vital for good hair growth, right?" with mouth full of gouda*

Really?? I'd say you're much closer to tailbone than that.

lapushka
February 27th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Oooh, me! I would like to join! If I don't, I have a horrible feeling that I would be cutting a lot off- like, hack-it-all-off! a lot. :rolleyes: At present, I'm about an inch and a half from BCL, so TBL should be attainable by Christmas. Here's hoping!

Welcome! Wow so many newbies in this thread. Yay! :cheer:

Hmmm..... Where exactly is hip length? The tops of my pelvis bones? Where my jeans rest? Or somewhere else entirely?

Where your hip bones start. Not where the legs meet your bum, so to speak, not where you are the widest.

Ocelan
February 28th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Really?? I'd say you're much closer to tailbone than that.

Well atleast based on my measurements made a while back (they might need some checking but I don't think it will change much), that's right. They say TBL is 96 cm (or 38 inches) on me and now I'm at about 86 cm (or about 34 inches). I was already at 89 cm (or 35 inches) before my chop at Christmas, but then I cut off 5 cm. I wish I was closer though!

Flossiebell
February 28th, 2014, 08:21 AM
I'm bailing out of this thread...sigh...2 weeks ago I had to have a major cut (was a couple of inches from waist) to shoulder length heavily layered to stop the helmet effect apparently. This is because my hair reacted badly with something and was permanently sticky and felt like it was full of glue - absolutely no idea what happened there. I didn't use anything different. I am gutted :(
However, I haven't started blubbing yet and fully intend to grow to classic this time around.

Wishing you all the best of luck to get there x

bunzfan
February 28th, 2014, 08:33 AM
I'm bailing out of this thread...sigh...2 weeks ago I had to have a major cut (was a couple of inches from waist) to shoulder length heavily layered to stop the helmet effect apparently. This is because my hair reacted badly with something and was permanently sticky and felt like it was full of glue - absolutely no idea what happened there. I didn't use anything different. I am gutted :(
However, I haven't started blubbing yet and fully intend to grow to classic this time around.

Oh my goodness its a crying shame you had to do that maybe join us in the no trimming thread with your healthy ends you could make such great progress, who told you to cut that much ?? a hairdresser i bet :guns:

:grouphug:

lapushka
February 28th, 2014, 09:12 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. So much was taken off? OMG!

LauraLongLocks
February 28th, 2014, 08:59 PM

Wishing you all the best of luck to get there xI'm so sorry that you lost so much length. I hope you can figure out what caused the glue-like ends so that it can be prevented in the future.

I was hoping for some stellar growth this year, but so far it's been average to dismal. I may not make it to TBL by Christmas, but I'm sure giving my hair the best chance it can get. I'm treating it better than ever before. I hope it pays off.

Andeee
March 1st, 2014, 12:48 AM
Flossiebell, any ideas what caused the issue? Did you do a deep conditioning treatment or anything like that? I did and SMT recently and even though I rinsed for at least twice as long as normal (I do realize it takes ages to rinse it out) my hair was left feeling heavy and residue-y (as well as soft and moisturized) but a good shampoo a few days later sorted it out. So sorry you had to cut so much. :(

I'm still hoping I'll make it to TBL by Christmas. A couple days ago I was at the salon for my colour (I'm only getting the roots done now, no more dye on the length) and while my hairstylist exclaimed, "Look at the length!" in admiration (I think!) the young girl who shampoos said, "It needs cutting". I'm thinking she said it because the bottom several inches are dry and fairy-tailed, but no way--I decided definitely no trims until I get to TBL.

tigereye
March 4th, 2014, 04:37 PM
So I'm quite suddenly at BCL dry. But my ends are getting Velcro-ey. I feel like I need about an inch off to get my hair feeling good again. It doesn't look split or damaged, but it tangles and catches so badly at that final inch or so. It'll add an extra 2 months on to reaching TBL, but I think in this case I may prefer to stop damage from getting worse. For now, I'm sitting gently on it (the idea of trimming, not actually my hair) because I also know that there's little point fixing hair issues until the weather warms a few more degrees.

alishaxmarie
March 5th, 2014, 11:15 AM
So I'm quite suddenly at BCL dry. But my ends are getting Velcro-ey. I feel like I need about an inch off to get my hair feeling good again. It doesn't look split or damaged, but it tangles and catches so badly at that final inch or so. It'll add an extra 2 months on to reaching TBL, but I think in this case I may prefer to stop damage from getting worse. For now, I'm sitting gently on it (the idea of trimming, not actually my hair) because I also know that there's little point fixing hair issues until the weather warms a few more degrees.

My ends have been starting to feel like this a little bit over the past few days, but I personally want to do an ACV rinse since I haven't done one in a couple months and would much rather cut at last resort (plus the water at school is even harder than the water at home). You said you don't see any split ends so why don't you give chelating/clarifying a try first? Oh yeah, did I mention I lost my hair scissors somehow!? :( So no trimming for me until I can afford a new pair or find the old ones.

Madora
March 5th, 2014, 11:23 AM

Could the tangling and catching be due to buildup? Perhaps if you clarify, then do a moisturing treatment afterwards, your tangling issues might vanish? If not, then a slight trim to the ends might be in order.

tigereye
March 5th, 2014, 11:23 AM
My ends have been starting to feel like this a little bit over the past few days, but I personally want to do an ACV rinse since I haven't done one in a couple months and would much rather cut at last resort (plus the water at school is even harder than the water at home). You said you don't see any split ends so why don't you give chelating/clarifying a try first? Oh yeah, did I mention I lost my hair scissors somehow!? :( So no trimming for me until I can afford a new pair or find the old ones.
I can't really clarify very well because I'm allergic to SLS and the related harsh sulphates. I don't use cones because of that, and I have pretty soft water here. Tried a vinegar rinse (white vinegar because my cider vinegar is all out and the supermarket didn't have any)

Achlys
March 5th, 2014, 03:34 PM
If only my tailbone wasn't so long... I'm still checking in in hopes that my hair growth will speed up a bit (like half an inch more per year) as I try to be nicer to my hair and keep up with scalp oilings. Maybe I'll even take some supplements.

AmberJewel
March 5th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Hey everyone! I've been following this thread for a while but only just hit waist. Whee!
So glad to finally join! :)

styric
March 5th, 2014, 06:26 PM
My hair has reached my hip bone in the shower, so I think I will join this thread. I had a MASSIVE adrenal related shed the past year, so my hair lost over an inch in thickness and is at a 3.5" ponytail and I've got tons of halo frizz from regrowth. I couldn't figure out why my hair was rough, and the ends looked like hell so I spent a minor fortune and did a complete revamp of my routine. Firefox made a few suggestions that really helped.

My hair is shinier and prettier than I've EVER seen it, with smooth ends. I finally have long loose coils, all the way down my back, that are silk to touch. I think I'm in love. My husband stares at my hair now, and I get comments in public.

Tailbone here I come!

Jessleigh
March 5th, 2014, 06:33 PM
My hair has reached my hip bone in the shower, so I think I will join this thread. I had a MASSIVE adrenal related shed the past year, so my hair lost over an inch in thickness and is at a 3.5" ponytail and I've got tons of halo frizz from regrowth. I couldn't figure out why my hair was rough, and the ends looked like hell so I spent a minor fortune and did a complete revamp of my routine. Firefox made a few suggestions that really helped.

My hair is shinier and prettier than I've EVER seen it, with smooth ends. I finally have long loose coils, all the way down my back, that are silk to touch. I think I'm in love. My husband stares at my hair now, and I get comments in public.

Tailbone here I come!

Welcome!! I'm not quite at hip yet, but hoping to reach TBL by Christmas. Firefox has been very helpful for me too. :love:

Crumpet
March 5th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Firefox has some good wisdom, for sure!

I'm still bouncing around waist (durned wavy hair!) and doing small bi-monthly micro-trims. I doubt I'll make it to TBL by Christmas but I'll continue to hang for a while at least.

How's everyone else doing?

Aderyn
March 6th, 2014, 02:50 PM
I'm doing fairly well with my growth. Just about brushing hip with my longest hairs stretched.

A bit of a ways to get to tailbone, but I think my fast growth should make it possible to be there stretched by the end of the year. I won't be too upset if I'm and inch or two shy of TBL, though.

Hoping to be somewhere between Jeans Top Length and BCL wavy by the end of the year.

lapushka
March 6th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Still hanging in there with 4 to 5 inches to go. Yay, bring it on!

Crumpet
March 6th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Woot! I'm glad you all are doing well. Its encouraging to see your growth. Keep it up!

Beborani
March 6th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Well if stretched hair of the longest layer counts I might make it! (But lhc police might not agree--just a joke!)

lapushka
March 6th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Well if stretched hair of the longest layer counts I might make it! (But lhc police might not agree--just a joke!)

If you want to measure stretched, by all means *do*! I think it's the only "honest" way, TBH! :D

Rio040113
March 7th, 2014, 03:24 AM
Pretty sure I have about 3" to go until TBL (must measure properly later), if my hair keeps growing at the rate it is, I'll be there by my Birthday! (June 29th). Ooh, keep going/growing hair :lol:

veryhairyfairy
March 7th, 2014, 06:22 AM
Gur, I can't stop checking my length when I'm in the shower! Good news is my dry hair is now 1" away from BCL, so about 2-3 to TBL... that can't be right. I need to actually measure the next time I wash and my hair is straight, get some actual units of measurement. I must be WAY off! :lol:

I've been having velcro ends lately, and I would second Madora's suggestion of a clarify. I did so yesterday and my hair is back to acceptable levels of dryness and tangles.
I'm allergic to SLS too, so to clarify I just use a lot of my normal shampoo (Sheamoisture coconut hibiscus) and really lather all the way to the ends, twice. I also have slightly mineral-y water so I add a tablespoon of lemon juice to my shampoo when I clarify.

Goodness. I can't wait until this winter weather is over and I can stop worrying about damage from taking a walk!

sisi33
March 7th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Okay, being in this thread (self competition) is basically the only thing that's keeping me from setting an appointment *somewhere*. I'm pretty sure that it's just that Winter has being going on FOREVER and it will. Never. End. Which, in turn is making me stir-crazy. Although in reality, I know that all I really want to do is have it out of my way. And I can't really do that with shorter hair. Otherwise, I'm right on schedule! I did do a little trim a week ago, and I'll be doing another on the 19th, to thicken up the hemline that no one ever sees, because it's always up. :lol: Melt snow! :justy:

Oh, oh! And my density has gone up! For the first time in a while I actually measured my circumference, and I'm 4 1/4", compressed! :joy:

Flossiebell
March 7th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Oh my goodness its a crying shame you had to do that maybe join us in the no trimming thread with your healthy ends you could make such great progress, who told you to cut that much ?? a hairdresser i bet :guns:

:grouphug:

Yes, it was the hairdresser. I knew I would have to have quite a lot chopped off due to the gooey ness but I didn't expect it to be this short!! My shortest layer at the back is about 3ins long I think!!

Flossiebell
March 7th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Flossiebell, any ideas what caused the issue? Did you do a deep conditioning treatment or anything like that? I did and SMT recently and even though I rinsed for at least twice as long as normal (I do realize it takes ages to rinse it out) my hair was left feeling heavy and residue-y (as well as soft and moisturized) but a good shampoo a few days later sorted it out. So sorry you had to cut so much. :(

I'm still hoping I'll make it to TBL by Christmas. A couple days ago I was at the salon for my colour (I'm only getting the roots done now, no more dye on the length) and while my hairstylist exclaimed, "Look at the length!" in admiration (I think!) the young girl who shampoos said, "It needs cutting". I'm thinking she said it because the bottom several inches are dry and fairy-tailed, but no way--I decided definitely no trims until I get to TBL.

I don't have a clue why it went glue like. I hadn't used anything different, no deep conditioners other than oils and my leave in and it just went really dry and sticky and was clumping together and sticking to things - it put my in mind of the sticky hair on insects?? Yuck! The only person pleased about it was my mum who told me she had been desperate to get the scissors on me herself! :(

Flossiebell
March 7th, 2014, 08:35 AM
I am off to join a no trimming thread. Good luck ladies. I hope to be catching you up in a couple of years ��

Beborani
March 7th, 2014, 09:21 AM
If you want to measure stretched, by all means *do*! I think it's the only "honest" way, TBH! :D
I had a choice between this thread and hip by christmas--I would feel like an imposter there when my hair is brushing bcl in the shower even if it looks well above hip dry. So yes, I chose to hang out here--about 4-5 inches stretched--I can measure and estimate more accurately. Thanks! :)

Mizumi
March 7th, 2014, 09:51 AM
I am joining here, I hope I can reach it

lunalocks
March 7th, 2014, 10:21 AM
I have only 2 inches to go!!!!!! At BCL right now, 40 inches. I think I will make it by Christmas. Yay!

I just looked at my post from Jan 3rd and it appears I have grown 2 whole inches since then. I must have had a spurt.

I am trying to get out of my measuring obsession. Just found out that restraint has it's perks!

Marbid
March 7th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Hello... Im late to the fray... But im joining here also...
Im triming.. Every 3 months... Microtriming to maintain the blunt hemline.

But im currently 3 inches from BCL.... My tailbone is about 2 inches after that.... So 5 inches in total.... Its a tight squeeze... Might not make it if my growth rate is any less than average. Oh well... Lets see if i can grow 5 inches by the end of the year....

I already dont think ill make it.

lapushka
March 7th, 2014, 10:29 AM
I already dont think ill make it.

I have about 5 inches to go as well. Chin up. We might get there yet! :)

Welcome to all the newbies to this thread!

bunzfan
March 7th, 2014, 10:34 AM
the wavies dont you find it annoying on some days it looks like your hair has grown loads then on other days it seems to lose a good inch, i think for my monthly pic thread i'll had to do it the day after washing my hair always goes pouf:steam

Spindle
March 7th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Mini milestone! Have finally arrived at BCL... what a long way that was from waist!! :D

http://i60.tinypic.com/1y6bt4.jpg

Crumpet
March 7th, 2014, 11:32 AM
the wavies dont you find it annoying on some days it looks like your hair has grown loads then on other days it seems to lose a good inch, i think for my monthly pic thread i'll had to do it the day after washing my hair always goes pouf:steam

YES! I go from waist to above waist to below waist in my monthly photos. I don't measure, but I think I'll be lucky to reach hip by Christmas with these freaking waves!

bunzfan
March 7th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Mini milestone! Have finally arrived at BCL... what a long way that was from waist!! :D

http://i60.tinypic.com/1y6bt4.jpg

Yay i hear you i have another few inches yet i think.

bunzfan
March 7th, 2014, 11:34 AM
YES! I go from waist to above waist to below waist in my monthly photos. I don't measure, but I think I'll be lucky to reach hip by Christmas with these freaking waves!

Aww, glad another understands some days i look barely waist and others past hip my hair just goes pouf!!!! it looks its longest on about day 3..how far have you got till hip it was roughly 2 inches away from waist on me.

TrapperCreekD
March 7th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Congrats on your mini goal, Spindle! :cheer:

I'm allergic to SLS too, so to clarify I just use a lot of my normal shampoo (Sheamoisture coconut hibiscus) and really lather all the way to the ends, twice. I also have slightly mineral-y water so I add a tablespoon of lemon juice to my shampoo when I clarify.

Have you tried adding a bit of BS to your shampoo? A teaspoon of BS and a dab of shampoo diluted in several ounces of water is enough to get my hair squeaky clean whenever it needs a reset.

ladylowtide
March 7th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I was originally trimming this year. Did micro-trim in February, but I think since I have a whole 6 inches to go to TBL, I will probably join the majority of you and not trim. I really don't think I will make it unless I have all of this years growth in the summertime. I only usually get about 6 inches a year... we will see. :)

Spindle
March 7th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Thanks guys :o I've got 5 inches to go before solid TBL so with my very slow growing hair I think I'll make it before Christmas :cheer:

Crumpet
March 7th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Aww, glad another understands some days i look barely waist and others past hip my hair just goes pouf!!!! it looks its longest on about day 3..how far have you got till hip it was roughly 2 inches away from waist on me.

Its about 2 inches, so it isn't far. I'm not very curvy so these body markers aren't as clear on me as on others, unfortunately! I'll keep hanging out on this thread but I think my goal is really hip at this point. I've only recently realized my waviness so I'm still getting accustomed to the impact that they have.

bunzfan
March 7th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Its about 2 inches, so it isn't far. I'm not very curvy so these body markers aren't as clear on me as on others, unfortunately! I'll keep hanging out on this thread but I think my goal is really hip at this point. I've only recently realized my waviness so I'm still getting accustomed to the impact that they have.

I never thought i would get there and with nice ends but i did eventually i had to realize with fast growing hair you have to let the slower hairs catch up with the rest and just leave it alone. At its longest its just a teeny bit past hip .

FireFromWithin
March 7th, 2014, 12:37 PM
I had to do a major s and d which culminated in a couple of microtrims to even up ends. When wet I'm really really close to hip but it doesn't look like it to me. Maybe because I'm always looking at it from the front or with my head turned. I'm still hopeful for TBL by the end of the year but it looks more and more like I'll end up getting to hip and just microtrimming to get rid of the last of the bleach but it also means waiting till next year for TBL so I don't know what to do. Gaaa

hafattack
March 7th, 2014, 01:14 PM
5 inches to tailbone here. I'm currently at BCL (~36.5") and TBL (where bottom meets chair) is ~41.5". I've been stalled here at BCL since what seems like the start of the year, so I may need a spurt in the summer if I want to make it. I am going to start exercising and drinking protein shakes again, which has helped in the past. I've tried two days of the inversion method, promised my scalp I would NEVER put oil on it again haha, so now I will be doing it without oil
I don't think wearing hair down will be pratical anywhere beyond this length.. dont get dysmorphia ladies, our hair is Long!

Bloom
March 7th, 2014, 03:25 PM
I'm at around waist so I'm not sure if my hair will grow fast enough to make it... but I'm sure going to try :p

Sarahlabyrinth
March 7th, 2014, 05:22 PM
I would love to join you all here but that would mean I would have to grow 8" in 10 months to make it and that does feel a little far fetched...So I will just lurk from afar. I'll get there next year though!

Aderyn
March 7th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Apparently I'm right at hip/jeans top length with my hair stretched. Hovering just shy of waist when curly (those dang ringlets at the ends!). About 4-5 inches to BCL, and probably a couple more to tailbone. I think I average around .75 inches per month. I just did a long-needed session of S&D after noticing my ends weren't feeling too hot (it's been 9+ months since my last one.. yikes!).

I'm really wishing I hadn't accidentally deleted some pics I had from when I was BSL in May 2013 and decided to start growing my hair out. Would be interesting to see the amount of growth since then.

kelly20364
March 7th, 2014, 08:31 PM
I'm in! We can do it! I'm currently at hip and plan on trimming 1/2" in 6months. We'll see!http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b482/Kelly_Johnson_Clements/IMG_4698_zps9429cae0.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/Kelly_Johnson_Clements/media/IMG_4698_zps9429cae0.jpg.html) This was after sleeping in 2 braids, so I'm a little longer than hip with my hair straight.

ladylowtide
March 7th, 2014, 09:03 PM
I just wanted to say, Kelly your hair is so pretty, its like my dream hair.

Komao
March 8th, 2014, 08:14 AM

Love your hair. :)

[QUOTE=ladylowtide;2662153]I was originally trimming this year. Did micro-trim in February, but I think since I have a whole 6 inches to go to TBL, I will probably join the majority of you and not trim. I really don't think I will make it unless I have all of this years growth in the summertime. I only usually get about 6 inches a year... we will see. :)

Very pretty hair. :)

I'm in! We can do it! I'm currently at hip and plan on trimming 1/2" in 6months. We'll see! This was after sleeping in 2 braids, so I'm a little longer than hip with my hair straight.

Nice, can't wait till my hair is TBL. I think I might feel it's long then. :crazyq:

bunzfan
March 8th, 2014, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE=Spindle;2662109]Mini milestone! Have finally arrived at BCL... what a long way that was from waist!! :D

Love your hair. :)

Very pretty hair. :)

Nice, can't wait till my hair is TBL. I think I might feel it's long then. :crazyq:

That's what i think, i just measure and tbl is at least 5 inches away :(

veryhairyfairy
March 8th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Hmm, I don't really trust my measuring skills, but according to them I only have about 3" to TBL. I'm rounding it up to 4" to have a margin of error, but that means I should just barely make it to TBL by the end of the year (and that's if I don't manage to speed up my growth with protein shakes!). :)

Have you tried adding a bit of BS to your shampoo? A teaspoon of BS and a dab of shampoo diluted in several ounces of water is enough to get my hair squeaky clean whenever it needs a reset.

That's a good suggestion. :) I actually damaged my hair using BS/ACV to wash with for a few months, so BS scares me, but I'll remember that if I ever get to the point where I need a real reset.

Thankfully I've got my routine down to a few good products that don't really build up.

Rio040113
March 8th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Pretty sure I have about 3" to go until TBL (must measure properly later), if my hair keeps growing at the rate it is, I'll be there by my Birthday! (June 29th). Ooh, keep going/growing hair :lol:

Just had DBF check, I have 0.5" to go until I reach BCL, which means I should only have another 2.5" left until TBL! :D

Komao
March 8th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Just had DBF check, I have 0.5" to go until I reach BCL, which means I should only have another 2.5" left until TBL! :D

Very happy for you. Keep up the good work. :D

hafattack
March 8th, 2014, 01:45 PM
How long is TBL on everyone?

lapushka
March 8th, 2014, 03:43 PM

We no longer measure the entirety of the hair. Just relative to body markers, so: "x-number of inches or cm to TBL", for instance.

Rio040113
March 9th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Very happy for you. Keep up the good work. :D

Thanks Komao :) Pretty excited to get to TBL, doesn't seem too far off now, benefit of being short I suppose :lol:

bunzfan
March 9th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Thanks Komao :) Pretty excited to get to TBL, doesn't seem too far off now, benefit of being short I suppose :lol:

I'm short too :lol: 5ft 3 so classic is about 40"

Rio040113
March 9th, 2014, 07:19 AM
I'm short too :lol: 5ft 3 so classic is about 40"

See now I swear I'm proportioned oddly!! I'm 4ft 10" and Classic on me is 42"... Do I have a long torso (relatively speaking) and short legs then? Baffling. I'm like a Corgi or a Dachshund :lol:

veryhairyfairy
March 9th, 2014, 07:32 AM

TBL is about 37-38" on me, and I'm about 3-4" from there right now.

See now I swear I'm proportioned oddly!! I'm 4ft 10" and Classic on me is 42"... Do I have a long torso (relatively speaking) and short legs then? Baffling. I'm like a Corgi or a Dachshund :lol:

Hah, I describe myself as a corgi because of my proportions! :lol: I think I measured classic at 43" on myself. I'm 5'2" and I just found out that my torso is almost exactly the same length as my 5'9" SO!
I guess that means that anything past classic will be easier for people like us. ;)

LauraLongLocks
March 9th, 2014, 08:31 AM
I don't think I'm going to make TBL by the end of the year. I'll be at hip, though. So, maybe I should leave this thread, even though it has been great fun hanging out with everyone here.

veryhairyfairy
March 9th, 2014, 08:56 AM
I don't think I'm going to make TBL by the end of the year. I'll be at hip, though. So, maybe I should leave this thread, even though it has been great fun hanging out with everyone here.

Don't leave, BELIEVE! ;) I think it's protein shake time! And even if you really don't think you're gonna make it, I think you should hang around and keep us company! :flower:
(for reference, I have the normal 0.5"/month growth rate, and I went from just barely waist to 1" past hip in a year with plenty of microtrims. I think you could at the very least make it to midway between hip and TBL.)

lapushka
March 9th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Don't leave, BELIEVE! ;) I think it's protein shake time! And even if you really don't think you're gonna make it, I think you should hang around and keep us company! :flower:

Seconding this! I think you should stay too. Try first, and if by the end you don't make it, at least you gave it an amazing effort (and got growth to show for it)!

LauraLongLocks
March 9th, 2014, 11:07 AM
(for reference, I have the normal 0.5"/month growth rate, and I went from just barely waist to 1" past hip in a year with plenty of microtrims. I think you could at the very least make it to midway between hip and TBL.) Ha ha, as if I could *believe* my hair to TBL, lol. Well, it might be possible. I am just extremely disappointed in my February 1/4th inch growth.

Seconding this! I think you should stay too. Try first, and if by the end you don't make it, at least you gave it an amazing effort (and got growth to show for it)! Alright, I'll stay. Thanks for the encouragement.

Sometimes my hair looks SHORTER from day to day and that is driving me crazy! It's quite discouraging. I just need to stop looking at it when I have braid or bun waves, because it's throwing me off.

And why can't I get a good measurement for my upcoming body markers? I measured hip at 32" once and another time at 34". That's quite a difference. TBL has ranged between 39" and 41". Argh!

sisi33
March 9th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Ha ha, as if I could *believe* my hair to TBL, lol. Well, it might be possible. I am just extremely disappointed in my February 1/4th inch growth.

It could just be a Winter stall that you're experiencing. I know that I have significantly slower growth during the Winter months, and a great burst in the Spring/Summer months that make up for the previous slowness.

LauraLongLocks
March 9th, 2014, 11:35 AM
It could just be a Winter stall that you're experiencing. I know that I have significantly slower growth during the Winter months, and a great burst in the Spring/Summer months that make up for the previous slowness.

I hope that's the case! Prior to September, I never measured my hair, so I am new at this.

lapushka
March 9th, 2014, 11:43 AM
I hope that's the case! Prior to September, I never measured my hair, so I am new at this.

The thing is, measuring is great, but don't do it too often. It's like getting on the scales obsessively. Just once in a while, measure, when there is growth to measure, like once a month or so.

Ocelan
March 9th, 2014, 12:40 PM
For me even measuring once a month was too much and the measurements so inconsistent. One month it seemed I had hardly grown at all and the next month it was double the normal monthly amount. So now I'm sticking to only measuring and taking a picture every 3 months. Last year I did it every month because I was in the monthly picture thing. It was so frustrating not seeing growth, even though the double amount months were nice. Sometimes I even measured twice a month just because, and that never does any good. "Hey it's been a week, has my hair grown 3 mm or not"? Who notices such small amounts anyway? When I measure every 3 months I should have something to show for it, an inch or inch and a half. That's noticeable.

What I'm trying to say is: Don't sweat it. A good diet is great for you, but you should do it for you and not your hair. If you are doing well, the hair will follow. :flower:

alexis917
March 9th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Still chillin' at waist. And I'm due for a small trim soon.

bunzfan
March 9th, 2014, 02:00 PM
For me even measuring once a month was too much and the measurements so inconsistent. One month it seemed I had hardly grown at all and the next month it was double the normal monthly amount. So now I'm sticking to only measuring and taking a picture every 3 months. Last year I did it every month because I was in the monthly picture thing. It was so frustrating not seeing growth, even though the double amount months were nice. Sometimes I even measured twice a month just because, and that never does any good. "Hey it's been a week, has my hair grown 3 mm or not"? Who notices such small amounts anyway? When I measure every 3 months I should have something to show for it, an inch or inch and a half. That's noticeable.

What I'm trying to say is: Don't sweat it. A good diet is great for you, but you should do it for you and not your hair. If you are doing well, the hair will follow. :flower:

This is so true I'm thinking of stopping the monthly pics and doing them every three months definitely less stressful and you get a pleasant surprise when you do look at the length, as I'm doing my level best not to trim I think that'll be easier to stick too if there aren't pics every month.

lapushka
March 9th, 2014, 02:03 PM
I'm in the hip-zone right now :lol:, I'm "hip+" and I'm going to be there until I hit TBL. In all my growing, hip+ is the longest area of growth I've had to navigate through, that's for sure. All other markers were not so far apart, but TBL is quite far from hip for me.

Rio040113
March 9th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Hah, I describe myself as a corgi because of my proportions! :lol: I think I measured classic at 43" on myself. I'm 5'2" and I just found out that my torso is almost exactly the same length as my 5'9" SO!
I guess that means that anything past classic will be easier for people like us. ;)

:lol: I'm glad I'm not alone! DBF is 5'8", definitely going to have to measure him... poor boy, he puts up with so much weirdness from me ;) bless him. Well the trip from Waist to BCL seems to have been a slow one, so here's to the race to Knee being a sprint for us and other fellow 'Corgis' :toast:

alishaxmarie
March 9th, 2014, 02:46 PM
I started taking monthly photos recently in order to track what my average growth rate looks like. I want to measure my length in inches sometime but I haven't gotten around to that yet as I have no measuring tape. Eventually I'll probably just take one picture per season or something like that but I have no idea how quickly my hair grows yet. Before LHC, it felt like it took forever but now that I wear it up and BBB, it seems to grow much healthier and faster :grnbiggri

veryhairyfairy
March 10th, 2014, 08:20 AM
I had to switch to a similar length picture schedule, bunzfan and Ocelan, for the same reasons. I used to measure and take photos (while I was lurking) every month, and it seemed like my hair was growing SO slowly! Now I take length shots three or four times a year, and I get to see appreciable growth with every picture. And I only measure my hair once or twice a year because I know I'm no good at it. I don't want to be thinking that my hair is breaking off because I measure 3 inches of length increase, but I saw 4 inches of roots grow in. Now I just kind of use it as a rough approximation, more for curiosity than data. :)

I've had similar stalls, LauraLongLocks, and it really does seem to even out over time. There would be months where my roots would only grow 1/8-1/4" (or not at all, once or twice), but then the next month or a few months later I would get a spurt of an inch or so. It evened out to ~1/2" every month in the long run. :)

And on the topic of roots, can I just say that it is very difficult not to obsess over growth when it is right there for me to see?! :eye:
I've had to start a practice of really avoiding any close leaning in when I'm in front of the mirror. :lol: But I should be glad that I have a way of gauging whether or not these protein shakes are speeding growth, I just don't want to be looking for it every day.

Ocelan
March 10th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I'm in the hip-zone right now :lol:, I'm "hip+" and I'm going to be there until I hit TBL. In all my growing, hip+ is the longest area of growth I've had to navigate through, that's for sure. All other markers were not so far apart, but TBL is quite far from hip for me.

It is the longest journey for me aswell. That's why I'm including BCL in there as a mid-hip-and-TBL-pit-stop. BCL to waist was 2.5 inches. Waist to hip was 3 inches. Hip to BCL is 4 inches. BCL to TBL is 1.5 inches. TBL to classic is 4 inches. So hip to TBL would be longest by far with 5.5 inches if I didn't include the BCL pit stop! Just look at that gap!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5218&d=1373397154

And talking about only taking pictures every 3 months. I think this looks way more encouraging than my monthly photos (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7298&d=1383464510), even when this includes microtrimming off nearly all my growth (the last photo was just before I chopped off 2 inches):
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8280&d=1387389585

lapushka
March 10th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Just look at that gap!

Yes, I know! :D I'm going at it inch by inch, every inch grown is an inch gained. I'm counting down, slowly, but still... :D

Colourful
March 10th, 2014, 11:18 AM
I can't say it for sure, but I might be there by Christmas. :) So - I'll join anyways!

bunzfan
March 10th, 2014, 11:36 AM
It is the longest journey for me aswell. That's why I'm including BCL in there as a mid-hip-and-TBL-pit-stop. BCL to waist was 2.5 inches. Waist to hip was 3 inches. Hip to BCL is 4 inches. BCL to TBL is 1.5 inches. TBL to classic is 4 inches. So hip to TBL would be longest by far with 5.5 inches if I didn't include the BCL pit stop! Just look at that gap!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5218&d=1373397154

And talking about only taking pictures every 3 months. I think this looks way more encouraging than my monthly photos (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7298&d=1383464510), even when this includes microtrimming off nearly all my growth (the last photo was just before I chopped off 2 inches):
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8280&d=1387389585

It's not that far away you, will probably make it by the summer.

sisi33
March 10th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't measure, and also doesn't take length shots? :lol: Yesterday was the first time in, oh, a year and a half? since I'd last measured my hair. Apparently I only have 4 more inches until TBL! :whip: Grow hair, grow!

LauraLongLocks
March 10th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Thank you for the encouragement. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when I measure and take my photo on April 1st. I think after the monthly length photo this year, I'll probably switch to once a quarter. I'll see more growth that way. In the meantime, I'll try not to expect growth each time and just be surprised if I see any at all.

hafattack
March 13th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Just checking in! Still here with moderate progress, not stalled but nothing to write home about. This is where the patience kicks in.. inch by inch :) keep growing everyone!

bunzfan
March 14th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Just checking in! Still here with moderate progress, not stalled but nothing to write home about. This is where the patience kicks in.. inch by inch :) keep growing everyone!

I think learning to forget about growth is the key here, normally I keep track of it monthly but as it's so long away it's staying up I'm not even measuring till the summer.. Less frustration and more of a nice surprise hopefully.

lapushka
March 14th, 2014, 06:43 AM
Haven't had it trimmed since last November, so that's still all good, and it's slowly creeping its way on... patience, patience. Haha! :lol:

Avital88
March 14th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Cut my hair back to bsl-mbl two weeks ago. For some weird reason my hair grew back past waist in just 15 days.. thats around two inches of growth in two weeks. Very bizar. But I'm glad that I can aim for tbl again now but w an U hemline this time.

Ocelan
March 14th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Well I sort of checked yesterday. I mean I felt for my ends and how they lay against my back (or should I say rear already as it's getting there now?) I didn't measure or anything, but my hair feels longer than it did when I did my last trim at christmas, and it should. Growth feels so strange after trimming off nearly all growth last year. I'm going to measure at the end of march but it feels like there shouldn't be much more than an inch and a half to BCL. Approaching a new goal! Now it's not just moving downwards from hip but forward towards BCL. I am officially closer to BCL than hip now. And that's the last mini goal before TBL. Anyway, changing back to benign neglect mode until quarterly measure time! :)

Marbid
March 14th, 2014, 12:06 PM
My hair in a braid is now waist length... Just reached it if i braid all the way down to the tips. Pretty happy. Im hip length right now if i wear my hair in braid waves ( i always wear it waved)... So far looks like I'm on track for the tbl by the end of the year. Will be trimming my ends next month thou... Lets see how it is then.

gingeralex
March 15th, 2014, 05:05 PM
I'm in :) Mine's at hipish right now, but it's really neglected, so I might need to trim it a bit. I'm trying to get it put in buns with hairsticks more and do less brushing and using elastic bands. Grows quite fast though, so should be tailbone if I look after it.

lapushka
March 15th, 2014, 05:18 PM
I'm in :) Mine's at hipish right now, but it's really neglected, so I might need to trim it a bit. I'm trying to get it put in buns with hairsticks more and do less brushing and using elastic bands. Grows quite fast though, so should be tailbone if I look after it.

Great! Welcome to the thread! :)

Toffeemonster
March 16th, 2014, 07:07 AM
I'll be joining you Lapushka!

I'm also floating somewhere between waste and hip, so I'll go for tail bone and hope for the best :D

Can anyone tell me, when measuring your hair, do you hold it straight or go by where the hair naturally sits? I loose or gain a few inches depending what way I do it.

Dessi
March 16th, 2014, 07:11 AM
I'm in too! I'm at hip right now and I hope I can reach TBL by Christmas. Not sure, but let's hope for the best.

lapushka
March 16th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Can anyone tell me, when measuring your hair, do you hold it straight or go by where the hair naturally sits? I loose or gain a few inches depending what way I do it.

Yay for joining!

You measure starting at the forehead, throw the tape measure over your head and then measure the length. It is measured starting from the forehead so you'll have a consistent type measurement (same starting point).

LauraLongLocks
March 16th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Toffeemonster - I hold mine straight, even though I'm not very wavy, just because I feel like it's more accurate. You can do it however you like, but if your wave/curl pattern is variable from day to day, the measurement will not be consistent if you don't pull it straight.

Toffeemonster
March 17th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Thanks guys. Yes I have a slight wave that varies day to day, I was trying to figure my length in terms of wl, tbl etc I'm not too far off tail bone if I hold it straight, it should be achievable by Christmas :)