PDA

View Full Version : TBL by Christmas 2014!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

cathair
August 21st, 2014, 03:14 PM
Thank lapushka :D :cheese: :disco: :happydance:

prettyinpink
August 22nd, 2014, 09:36 PM
Count me in! Awesome thread idea, Thanks Lapushka!

lapushka
August 23rd, 2014, 03:25 AM
Count me in! Awesome thread idea, Thanks Lapushka!

Great to see you here! :D

Ingrid
August 29th, 2014, 09:15 PM
I measured today and it looks like I've got approximately 6.3cm (2.5 inches or so) until TBL. It does sound pretty close but I'm not entirely sure I'll make it there by Christmas this year, my hair does grow pretty fast but I'm also micro-trimming 0,5cm every month.

MountainMane
August 29th, 2014, 09:25 PM
I am (maybe) WL? I might get hip by the ol jolly Saint Nick time!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 30th, 2014, 02:43 AM
I'm hoping for BCL by the end of the year and that's not far from TBL, but not quite there,,,, I may have to give TBL 2014 a miss! Growing as fast as I can, though!

lapushka
August 30th, 2014, 07:14 AM
I'm still an inch away... Hmm hoping I haven't stalled. :hmm:

TrapperCreekD
August 31st, 2014, 01:01 PM
Has anyone run into this? TBL is roughly wrist-length, which equates to 39"... or so I thought. When I measure my hair, which reaches my wrist, I come up with 37.5". :confused:

lapushka
August 31st, 2014, 03:18 PM
Has anyone run into this? TBL is roughly wrist-length, which equates to 39"... or so I thought. When I measure my hair, which reaches my wrist, I come up with 37.5". :confused:

Shrinkage, perhaps? Due to wavy texture.

PeaceTeaRules
August 31st, 2014, 04:06 PM
Hello all, and congratulations on the ones here that have made it! I had miscalculated und probably won't make it to TBL, made it to waist though... Ah well, it happens yes?

Ingrid
August 31st, 2014, 04:29 PM

I don't really rely on measurements for the most part... it's so difficult to take consistent and accurate measurements. Self-measurements are probably the most difficult to keep consistent because you have to move you arms/change your posture. Also it's difficult to keep measurements accurate given the curve of your back. Going by visual cues is probably the best bet.

Hello all, and congratulations on the ones here that have made it! I had miscalculated und probably won't make it to TBL, made it to waist though... Ah well, it happens yes?

Congratulations on reaching waist!! From your photo it actually looks like you're a little past waist :) Your hair grows fast!! It looks so healthy, too.

veryhairyfairy
September 1st, 2014, 07:06 AM
Welp, I feel so glad to be able to say that I have just barely reached TBL and so I no longer belong in this thread! :cheese:
(I'm still in a bit of shock, even though it's been weeks since I realized I was TBL... but to be fair this is the longest hair I've ever had!)
I took a length shot yesterday because I wasn't very happy with the most recent one I took:
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af164/veryhairyfairy/length8-31-14138x400_zps2269caa8.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/veryhairyfairy/media/length8-31-14138x400_zps2269caa8.jpg.html)
(let it down from a lazy wrap bun literally seconds before the picture was taken, I like that the ends are clumped together to show the taper)
((bonus kitty! The perspective makes it look like my hand is resting on his head, hehe!) :D

Ingrid
September 1st, 2014, 04:24 PM
Congratulations, veryhairyfairy! I love your hair, the colour is particularly stunning. Is it henna?

veryhairyfairy
September 1st, 2014, 05:56 PM
Congratulations, veryhairyfairy! I love your hair, the colour is particularly stunning. Is it henna?

Oh thank you! :flower: :o Yep it's henna over dark blonde and old light red dye, I love it!

DreamSheep
September 1st, 2014, 06:09 PM
*double post, bad internet...*

DreamSheep
September 1st, 2014, 06:10 PM
Going to join this thread, although given I have 5 inches to go before TB length, I probably have closer to a year to go than Christmas :) So I guess I'd be looking at least Easter, if not my birthday (July). Grow, hair, grow!!!

Absolutely gorgeous hair, veryhairyfairy!!!

I apologise for recent photospamming - but what hair looks like today,a nd TBL length goal is probably out of shot, a few inches into my pyjamas. :p
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12785&d=1409613789

PeaceTeaRules
September 1st, 2014, 06:45 PM
Congratulations on reaching waist!! From your photo it actually looks like you're a little past waist :) Your hair grows fast!! It looks so healthy, too.

Vielen Danke! Wait, what picture? :p Though I had updated the NW/SO album recently, though it isn't really all NW/SO pictures. I had been getting lazy and didn't want to start a new one. Do you mean those pictures? :oops: I feel dense today. :p

Ingrid
September 1st, 2014, 11:37 PM
Vielen Danke! Wait, what picture? :p Though I had updated the NW/SO album recently, though it isn't really all NW/SO pictures. I had been getting lazy and didn't want to start a new one. Do you mean those pictures? :oops: I feel dense today. :p

Yes, I remember you posting in the NW/SO thread a while ago, and you were asking if you'd reached waist yet.

PeaceTeaRules
September 2nd, 2014, 12:24 AM
Ah, Vielen Danke! I think that was a couple of days ago or yesterday, it's what I get for posting while overly tired.

Also I apologise for random Deutsch into my sentences... Ich bin Deutsch zu lernen. But I am not doing a very good job. :oops:

Ingrid
September 2nd, 2014, 01:11 AM
Ah, Vielen Danke! I think that was a couple of days ago or yesterday, it's what I get for posting while overly tired.

Also I apologise for random Deutsch into my sentences... Ich bin Deutsch zu lernen. But I am not doing a very good job. :oops:

Nah, actually I remember you make a post like that a couple of months ago :lol:

alishaxmarie
September 7th, 2014, 01:04 AM
Congrats VeryHairyFairy! And DreamSheep, you're hair is absolutely gorgeous!

I reached hip when stretched and I'm about 2.5 inches from BCL when my hair is wet so I'm not entirely sure if I'll make it to TBL by Christmas but I'm hoping I at least get to BCL when dry (without stretching). I slacked on vitamins all summer and didn't work out (so I've gained some weight) so I'm thinking vitamins and the inversion method and some good old-fashioned exercise shall definitely help me get to the BCL/TBL territory by Christmastime... If not, then at least I got somewhere :shrug:

Dessi
September 7th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Welp, I feel so glad to be able to say that I have just barely reached TBL and so I no longer belong in this thread! :cheese:
(I'm still in a bit of shock, even though it's been weeks since I realized I was TBL... but to be fair this is the longest hair I've ever had!)
I took a length shot yesterday because I wasn't very happy with the most recent one I took:
http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af164/veryhairyfairy/length8-31-14138x400_zps2269caa8.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/veryhairyfairy/media/length8-31-14138x400_zps2269caa8.jpg.html)
(let it down from a lazy wrap bun literally seconds before the picture was taken, I like that the ends are clumped together to show the taper)
((bonus kitty! The perspective makes it look like my hand is resting on his head, hehe!) :D

Congratulations! Your hair is very beautiful! And I love the color!

veryhairyfairy
September 7th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Congrats VeryHairyFairy! And DreamSheep, you're hair is absolutely gorgeous!

I reached hip when stretched and I'm about 2.5 inches from BCL when my hair is wet so I'm not entirely sure if I'll make it to TBL by Christmas but I'm hoping I at least get to BCL when dry (without stretching). I slacked on vitamins all summer and didn't work out (so I've gained some weight) so I'm thinking vitamins and the inversion method and some good old-fashioned exercise shall definitely help me get to the BCL/TBL territory by Christmastime... If not, then at least I got somewhere :shrug:

Congratulations! Your hair is very beautiful! And I love the color!

Thank you both! :flower:
(it's still weird to have it this long lol) :lol:

prettyinpink
September 7th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Does it look like I'm at TBL???:confused:

and veryhairyferry, your hair is gorgeous!!!!

lapushka
September 8th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Does it look like I'm at TBL???:confused:

and veryhairyferry, your hair is gorgeous!!!!

I think I already answered this just now in another thread. :confused: I think you have about an inch to go. ;)

prettyinpink
September 8th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Sorry Lupushka. I didnt think anybody seen my post so I felt the need to make a thread lol but thank you (:

tigereye
October 4th, 2014, 05:52 AM
So I'm bumping this thread just to relay my excitement: today, after rinsing out my conditioner, I discovered my ends, dripping wet, were brushing where my tailbone is. Now it's drying, it's springing up a bit, but I'm close!

lapushka
October 4th, 2014, 07:10 AM
So I'm bumping this thread just to relay my excitement: today, after rinsing out my conditioner, I discovered my ends, dripping wet, were brushing where my tailbone is. Now it's drying, it's springing up a bit, but I'm close!

I'm with you on that. I'm like a fingerswidth away from the bump on my rear (lol). Don't know where it gets to when wet because hair is washed upside down all the time.

cathair
October 7th, 2014, 11:00 AM
These are my waves, washed, not combed, slept on, still not combed them and gone out the next day :D So I think the ends are still a bit more curled up that my normal length photos. One stray curl is hanging lower and it's starting to look dangerously close to TBL/sit length unstretched. I was quite shocked!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13699&d=1412696826

Probably still pushing it for Christmas? I am not sure. I didn't expect to see it that low already.

Arete
October 7th, 2014, 02:38 PM
That's what I'm shooting for as well. Currently about an inch and a half away (just had a half inch trimmed off). Crossing my fingers!

fairy_hair
October 7th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Hmm, my hair is about two inches from tailbone at the moment... Christmas is 2 months away... Unless my hair grows really fast, i don't think i'll get there by christmas, sadly :'( I guess there is still hope. :)

lapushka
October 7th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Hmm, my hair is about two inches from tailbone at the moment... Christmas is 2 months away... Unless my hair grows really fast, i don't think i'll get there by christmas, sadly :'( I guess there is still hope. :)

October has just started, so October, November, and December, so just about three months still. I wouldn't despair yet, you just might make it.

DreamSheep
October 7th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Just noticed my longest bit of hair hits BCL - but that's not a great achievement because:

1) I will undoubtedly trim those ends as they are constantly splitting :(
2) It's still miles away from my true tailbone
3) My back is extremely arched, so the hair is crossing a shorter distance

Not sure I'll make it in time for Christmas...

alishaxmarie
October 9th, 2014, 01:10 PM
I'm just about jeans-top-length (which is more or less BCL but either way I'm not there yet so...) so I'm definitely not going to make it to TBL by Christmas but my hair is still longer than it's ever been and I'm happy with my growth thus far since this is the first year that I truly monitored my growth to begin with. I did start microtrimming in March so that obviously has affected the amount of length I've gained but hey I'm lazy about S&D-ing so this at least helps keep my hem healthy as I grow. On the bright side, I have hit hip (although I won't call it just yet) so I at least successfully completed the Hip by Christmas 2014 thread! :D

lapushka
October 12th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Made my goal! This is TBL (stretched) on damp hair. It's still partly damp, but has been dried with the diffuser here.

Yay! :cheer:

http://i.imgur.com/YyrelP3.jpg

Beckstar
October 12th, 2014, 07:45 AM
/\ gasp! This is the first time I have ever seen your hair! Gorgeous.

lapushka
October 12th, 2014, 07:48 AM
Thanks, Beckstar! :)

LongCurlyTress
October 12th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Lapushka!! Thank you for showing us your mane of hair! Just beautiful! :blossom:

lapushka
October 12th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Thanks so much for saying that, LongCurlyTress!

cathair
October 12th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Made my goal! This is TBL (stretched) on damp hair. It's still partly damp, but has been dried with the diffuser here.

Congratulations! :cheer: I feel like we got a present early, I didn't think we would get to see your hair till Xmas. It's looking lovely, very healthy :) Doing a happy dance with you that you've reached the goal of your thread :happydance: :cheese:

lapushka
October 12th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Congratulations! :cheer: I feel like we got a present early, I didn't think we would get to see your hair till Xmas. It's looking lovely, very healthy :) Doing a happy dance with you that you've reached the goal of your thread :happydance: :cheese:

Yes, true, I've reached my thread-starter goal. :) Yaaay. :lol:
Thanks so much, cathair!

GetMeToWaist
October 12th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Lapushka, :thud: :thud: :thud:

I want mine to look like that! So ethereal and pretty

fiğrildi
October 12th, 2014, 02:16 PM

Yay, you got it! Congratulations, lapushka! :D
This is the first time I see your mane, and what a mane!!

Aderyn
October 12th, 2014, 02:20 PM

Congrats! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! :cheer:

I always like seeing photos of your hair, especially since you don't post too many of them it seems.

lapushka
October 12th, 2014, 02:27 PM
Lapushka, :thud: :thud: :thud:

I want mine to look like that! So ethereal and pretty

Yay, you got it! Congratulations, lapushka! :D
This is the first time I see your mane, and what a mane!!

Thanks so much, you guys! :D

Congrats! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous! :cheer:

I always like seeing photos of your hair, especially since you don't post too many of them it seems.

Thanks so much, Aderyn! And no, I'm a little wary of posting pictures, you know with all that's "out there". But still you know, you can't be anonymous forever - not nice, IMO, on such a busy forum. So yeah. Here we are. :D

Sarahlabyrinth
October 12th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Yay Lapushka, you made it! Such beautiful and thudworthy hair too! It must feel amazing to reach your goal......

lapushka
October 12th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Yay Lapushka, you made it! Such beautiful and thudworthy hair too! It must feel amazing to reach your goal......

Yes it feels amazing. I've been in a good mood ever since posting the pictures. I'd love to reach it unstretched as well (but I go by stretched). :D

Komao
October 14th, 2014, 12:00 PM
sorry, now I can't post pictures. I use to go right into my album here on LHC and copy the BB code and put that in for the url address. Now since Apple update IOS 8.0.2 I don't even get the choice of selecting all to copy info!
Oh well, I apparently was way off on thinking I could make it to TBL by XMAS. The good news is it's much longer than it was.
If you feel like checking out length, I took 2 pictures, today's date. Hopefully will figure this out soon as it was so quick and easy to do, before.

Pictures aren't great but I think they show length pretty well. I never post pictures on my 1 year anniversary and thought I could do that. Nothing seems easy, lately! :rant:

This goes to my album but not correct picture so please look at today's dated pics.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=11233&attachmentid=8258

cathair
October 14th, 2014, 12:05 PM
sorry, now I can't post pictures. I use to go right into my album here on LHC and copy the BB code and put that in for the url address. Now since Apple update IOS 8.0.2 I don't even get the choice of selecting all to copy info!
Oh well, I apparently was way off on thinking I could make it to TBL by XMAS. The good news is it's much longer than it was.
If you feel like checking out length, I took 2 pictures, today's date. Hopefully will figure this out soon as it was so quick and easy to do, before.

Pictures aren't great but I think they show length pretty well. I never post pictures on my 1 year anniversary and thought I could do that. Nothing seems easy, lately! :rant:

This goes to my album but not correct picture so please look at today's dated pics.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=11233&attachmentid=8258

I see what you mean, that is strange, the BB code and link is totally missing. Here are the pictures anyway, hope this helps:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13810&d=1413305137

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13809&d=1413305112

Your waves are gorgeous :)

Komao
October 14th, 2014, 12:18 PM
cathair, not sure how you worked your :magic: but thank you. My head hurt thinking about it!

Thanks for compliment, too :)

Komao
October 14th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Congratulations, lapushka. You must be thrilled! I'm glad you started this thread:o

cathair
October 14th, 2014, 12:31 PM
cathair, not sure how you worked your :magic: but thank you. My head hurt thinking about it!

Glad to help :) You said are using a mac? I think the equivalent would be to hold down control then click on the image of your hair. The select 'Copy Image Location' (might be worded slightly differently depending on your browser). Then when you write a post or comment, you can use the 'Insert Image' button with the picture of the tree, at the top of the compose box and paste the link in that you have just copied. I hope that makes some sense :)

Might be worth dropping the mods a line? It really is very strange the BB code is missing from your album.

lapushka
October 14th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Congratulations, lapushka. You must be thrilled! I'm glad you started this thread:o

No worries, and yay for reaching goals eh. I'm sure you'll reach yours as well!

nakima
October 20th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Hi All, I am about 1 inch away from tbl I thought I would be reaching it sooner than christmas but I had a slight set back with splits etc :( I had to do a lot of s&ding and a micro trim but I think I can still make it by Dec. but just barely ha! I have noticed something though and just curious as to what others think... ok when standing I am 1 inch away from tbl but when I sit down I'm 2 inches away. what made me take a look at this was the thread for reaching bcl 2015 bcl and tbl are the same on me and some of the others on this site say when they reach tbl their hair touches the chair while sitting. mine is 4 iches from the chair when I sit so what gives ha! For my hair to touch the chair I would be at middle of my butt. I am built kind of long and lean maybe that has something to do with it ? Anyway TBL here I come! Good luck to you all and congrats to all who have already met their goals for this year! Thanks Lapushka for this thread.

lapushka
October 20th, 2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks Lapushka for this thread.

:thumbsup:

Katrina
October 26th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Congratulations, Lapushka :)

Yay, I made it too! This is my hair today, at TBL (37"/94 cm).

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/pitkatukka/bc16da5e-6390-4bac-ba65-3f906d2f0715_zps9a660b90.jpg (http://s452.photobucket.com/user/pitkatukka/media/bc16da5e-6390-4bac-ba65-3f906d2f0715_zps9a660b90.jpg.html)

Ilax
October 26th, 2014, 05:28 AM
Katrina :applause you have fabulous hair

Katrina
October 26th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Thank you, Ilax :)

lapushka
October 26th, 2014, 06:39 AM
Congratulations, Lapushka :)

Yay, I made it too! This is my hair today, at TBL (37"/94 cm).

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq243/pitkatukka/bc16da5e-6390-4bac-ba65-3f906d2f0715_zps9a660b90.jpg (http://s452.photobucket.com/user/pitkatukka/media/bc16da5e-6390-4bac-ba65-3f906d2f0715_zps9a660b90.jpg.html)

Thanks so much, Katrina.

Amazing hair you've got there! And congrats on reaching TBL! :)

Ingrid
October 26th, 2014, 03:24 PM
My longest layers are about a finger-width away from TBL when wet. Exciting! I'm not sure it'll be TBL when dry by Christmas because I'm still doing micro-trims. We'll see, it's most likely going to be a close call :)

Sarahlabyrinth
October 30th, 2014, 04:21 PM
I'm only an inch and a half away from TBL! Hopefully I can make it by the end of the year. Last month I grew a whole inch so if the growth rate keeps up I will make it!

lapushka
October 30th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I'm only an inch and a half away from TBL! Hopefully I can make it by the end of the year. Last month I grew a whole inch so if the growth rate keeps up I will make it!

Let's hope so!!! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
October 30th, 2014, 04:47 PM
We are heading into summer so with luck I will get a nice growth spurt with the warmer weather :)

tigereye
October 30th, 2014, 05:03 PM
My hair decided to have a straight day today (yes, my hair decided to behave like a 1b today - I think it's the complete lack of humidity here now that the bitter cold has hit) and I'm only about 1/2 inch away, dry. I'd take a photo but my camera died and my mirror/phone combo just isn't working.

lapushka
November 1st, 2014, 05:38 PM
Check in ladies & gents!

Who is there, or is going to be there by Christmas? :D
I made it, so who's with me?

Sarahlabyrinth
November 1st, 2014, 07:05 PM
Hopefully me!

LadyCelestina
November 2nd, 2014, 01:13 AM
Not me I cut :) or more like :( ?

tigereye
November 2nd, 2014, 02:47 AM
I might :)

DreamSheep
November 2nd, 2014, 05:05 AM
Probably not me, though I might hit BCL if I'm lucky. I feel my hair needs a small trim though, so if I do that over Christmas then I definitely won't hit TBL

lapushka
November 2nd, 2014, 07:07 AM
Come on let's hear from everyone who joined this challenge!

prettyinpink
November 3rd, 2014, 08:31 AM
Uhhh I have like an inch to go! I better start poppin my garlic pills (: Anybody else here take garlic for their hair?

PS 51 days until Christmas!!

Ocelan
November 3rd, 2014, 01:09 PM
If I won't make it, then atleast I'll be really close. I haven't measured in a month and a half and back then I still had 1.5 inches to go. I should measure and see where I'm at. I've been growing quite slow in the past year due to stress, anemia and other things, but better slow than not at all, right? :)

lapushka
November 3rd, 2014, 02:36 PM
Uhhh I have like an inch to go! I better start poppin my garlic pills (: Anybody else here take garlic for their hair?

PS 51 days until Christmas!!

About two months to go, so I'm rootin' for ya! :D

If I won't make it, then atleast I'll be really close. I haven't measured in a month and a half and back then I still had 1.5 inches to go. I should measure and see where I'm at. I've been growing quite slow in the past year due to stress, anemia and other things, but better slow than not at all, right? :)

For sure! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
November 3rd, 2014, 02:45 PM
I think I will be pretty close to TBL stretched!

FireFromWithin
November 3rd, 2014, 03:57 PM
I took a length shot today and I'm about an inch from TBL so there is a very slim chance that I might still make it by christmas.

Here's my shot:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14125&d=1415054865

What do you think? It's actually straight here where it's been getting curly so I'm not sure I'll actually be able to call TBL by Christmas but I might get brushing.

lapushka
November 3rd, 2014, 04:09 PM
I took a length shot today and I'm about an inch from TBL so there is a very slim chance that I might still make it by christmas.

Here's my shot:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14125&d=1415054865

What do you think? It's actually straight here where it's been getting curly so I'm not sure I'll actually be able to call TBL by Christmas but I might get brushing.

An inch to go looks about right, to me at least. In two months, if all goes well, you'll probably make it. :)

JadedByEntropy
November 9th, 2014, 08:54 PM
I might still make it if I'm allowed to count the pointy front, but i just reached BCL with the back so i'm close-ish. Sometimes i wish there were front-milestones since thats the hem i have :)
http://s26.postimg.org/dz9ch68tl/Hair_14_11_3o_36_bcl_edits.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
how to take screenshots (http://postimage.org/app.php)

lapushka
November 10th, 2014, 03:24 PM
I might still make it if I'm allowed to count the pointy front, but i just reached BCL with the back so i'm close-ish. Sometimes i wish there were front-milestones since thats the hem i have :)
http://s26.postimg.org/dz9ch68tl/Hair_14_11_3o_36_bcl_edits.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
how to take screenshots (http://postimage.org/app.php)

I'm sorry to say, but it looks like you're still a couple of inches away from TBL. :flower:

VJG
November 29th, 2014, 11:26 AM
I believe that I made it to tailbone in October. Sorry the photos aren't too clear. I am terrible about doing real update photos! Thankfully, my husband loves my hair and likes taking photos of me while we are hiking. :crush:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14525&d=1417285055

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14524&d=1417285054

lapushka
November 29th, 2014, 04:49 PM
I believe that I made it to tailbone in October. Sorry the photos aren't too clear. I am terrible about doing real update photos! Thankfully, my husband loves my hair and likes taking photos of me while we are hiking. :crush:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14525&d=1417285055

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14524&d=1417285054

Congrats, VJG! :)

Ingrid
December 3rd, 2014, 09:43 PM
I'm sceptical I'll reach TBL dry by Christmas, although I'm super close when my hair is wet. If I wasn't micro-trimming every month my longest hairs would've probably already made it to TBL. Ah well.

furnival
December 4th, 2014, 01:36 AM
I bowed out of this thread some time ago after a two-inch 'trim on a whim', but yesterday when I got out of the bath I noticed that the ends of my hair were actually lodged in my bum-crack, so I can't have that far to go! :p

lapushka
December 4th, 2014, 04:01 AM
I'm sceptical I'll reach TBL dry by Christmas, although I'm super close when my hair is wet. If I wasn't micro-trimming every month my longest hairs would've probably already made it to TBL. Ah well.

I bowed out of this thread some time ago after a two-inch 'trim on a whim', but yesterday when I got out of the bath I noticed that the ends of my hair were actually lodged in my bum-crack, so I can't have that far to go! :p

Oh come on you guys, don't tempt me with your "nearly there" hair. I'm sure if you stop trimming, this last month you'll make it!! Yes?

tigereye
December 4th, 2014, 04:58 AM
I'm there. Pics will follow when I go home and get my camera back :)

Ingrid
December 4th, 2014, 04:12 PM
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss61/jiuta_album/DSCN2491sm.jpg

I placed my shirt to end around the TBL line. My hair is a bit more wavy today because of the humidity so there's some more shrinkage than usual. Probably a bit too ambitious for a month's growth...

lapushka
December 4th, 2014, 05:08 PM
http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss61/jiuta_album/DSCN2491sm.jpg

I placed my shirt to end around the TBL line. My hair is a bit more wavy today because of the humidity so there's some more shrinkage than usual. Probably a bit too ambitious for a month's growth...

Meh, I don't know. You might still make it.

JadedByEntropy
December 4th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Each time i measure it's grown about half an inch, but theres no way i can make up 1.5" in a few weeks :/

Ingrid you might make it on a less humid day...but even if you don't, it looks fantastic

Sarahlabyrinth
December 4th, 2014, 05:26 PM
My longest hairs are there - when wet. Won't call it yet though.

lapushka
December 4th, 2014, 05:32 PM
My longest hairs are there - when wet. Won't call it yet though.

Why not? I would. ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 4th, 2014, 05:37 PM
You are tempting me horribly lapushka. It's not as if I can post a pic either. Longest hairs = about 6 of them....

lapushka
December 4th, 2014, 05:48 PM
You are tempting me horribly lapushka. It's not as if I can post a pic either. Longest hairs = about 6 of them....

Well, they're part of your hair, so... :whistle:

Sarahlabyrinth
December 4th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Well, they're part of your hair, so... :whistle:

Jeez you're awful:p You really want me to claim it don't you?

lapushka
December 4th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Jeez you're awful:p You really want me to claim it don't you?

Yep. :D Of course!!! Whether it's just one tuft of hair, or 1 or 2, or 6, or 10. There is there. And if not now, then surely by the end of the month (I have patience - not). ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 4th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Yep. :D Of course!!! Whether it's just one tuft of hair, or 1 or 2, or 6, or 10. There is there. And if not now, then surely by the end of the month (I have patience - not). ;)

Well I'm gunna make you wait a bit longer. I could claim it on Christmas Day....:p

Ocelan
December 5th, 2014, 05:52 AM
Well I'm gunna make you wait a bit longer. I could claim it on Christmas Day....:p

This is exactly what I'm planning to do. I don't trust my 5-15 longest hairs. It just might be that they all fall off tomorrow and then I would feel like a fraud! :cool:

DragonAngel
December 5th, 2014, 06:07 AM
I keep generalizing that I am at Tailbone but if I am honest I think it is wishful thinking. So perhaps its solid TBL by March 2015 :rolleyes:

lapushka
December 5th, 2014, 07:13 AM
I keep generalizing that I am at Tailbone but if I am honest I think it is wishful thinking. So perhaps its solid TBL by March 2015 :rolleyes:

Well there's always the TBL by Christmas 2015 thread. You can call it early. ;)

lapushka
December 5th, 2014, 07:15 AM

This is exactly what I'm planning to do. I don't trust my 5-15 longest hairs. It just might be that they all fall off tomorrow and then I would feel like a fraud! :cool:

No worries. It's the focus of the thread anyway: Christmas is its deadline. :D

DreamSheep
December 5th, 2014, 07:18 AM
My longest tuft of hairs is solidly at BCL, but I don't think I will reach TBL until maybe... April/May next year? I'm just guessing months here really. :p

tigereye
December 6th, 2014, 06:57 AM
Well jeez, that was an awful lot of work for a picture. I was home at my parents place so I got my old little camera back. I took a few pictures, then realised my hair wasn't showing up against my dark jeans, so I had to change into my white ones. Then the sun started to disappear so I couldn't find a mirror with enough light. Then when I got the picture, I discovered my new laptop (well, it's almost 2 years old now, but I haven't emptied the camera onto my own computer since then anyway). Then I had to hunt around to attempt to find the USB cable. Turns out I found it in the drawer with all the old phones (mine, mums, dads, and brothers, since the day of the Nokia brick, is a lot of phones), amongst all the old phone USBs.
So I uploaded it, and went to crop it and resize it (because my camera takes huge pictures, and realise that it seems my winter growth spurt has kicked in, because it looks like I've very suddenly stormed past tailbone without realising it.
Also, the thickness I lost from the medication-related shed is slowly moving down my hair too. I might maintain a while at classic until some of it catches up.
http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/lost-kitty/th_P1010078_zpsa782cceb.jpg (http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/lost-kitty/?action=view&current=P1010078_zpsa782cceb.jpg)

ETA: picture is clickable, by the way.

lapushka
December 6th, 2014, 09:27 AM
You for sure made TBL, tigereye, if it isn't classic already!

Ocelan
December 6th, 2014, 03:00 PM
I agree with Lapushka with your hair tigereye. It looks like it's way past TBL and pretty much classic right now. And gorgeous too! :)

Well now I'm pretty damn sure now about properly making it to TBL by Christmas. I realised I hadn't measured since late September and was still kind of imagining I was close to those numbers when in fact I'm only missing 0.5 cm (or 0.3 inches) for the crowd of a couple dozen hairs to make it. My longest five or so racers have already made it and the very longest one hair is already about 1 cm past the marker. So after Christmas I'll surely be coloring in the "L" in my "TBL". This race was a close one but it was a successful one after all! :cheer:

lapushka
December 6th, 2014, 03:06 PM
This race was a close one but it was a successful one after all! :cheer:

tigereye
December 6th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Yeah. I think because I didn't have a camera to get an objective view from the back, I thought my hair was shorter than it actually was. It's not quite properly classic, since I'm not sitting on it while it's air-drying yet.

TrapperCreekD
December 9th, 2014, 01:02 PM
So pretty, tigereye!

Popping in to say it looks like I achieved both tailbone goals (stretched and wurly)! :happydance: Onto classic!

lapushka
December 9th, 2014, 04:07 PM
So pretty, tigereye!

Popping in to say it looks like I achieved both tailbone goals (stretched and wurly)! :happydance: Onto classic!

Congrats! :)

TrapperCreekD
December 12th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Pics or didn't happen, right? Photographic evidence!

http://i.imgur.com/8qMNtJn.png

http://i.imgur.com/ipH8EHh.png
Why is it that a breeze has to come up every time you want a nice hemline shot? :patrol:

lapushka
December 12th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Congrats! :)

nakima
December 15th, 2014, 01:13 PM
wow tigereye your hair is way past tbl and it looks beautiful another inch or so you'll be at classic. Great job!

nakima
December 15th, 2014, 01:15 PM
very close ingrid, if not by christmas it will be there very soon after :)

cathair
December 15th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Mine's been TBL stretched for a while. Now it's at definitely-can't-miss-it's-at-TBL-wet-cause-there's-quite-a-chunk-of-hair-I-can-feel-there-length [not a mouth full at all :D]. I think looking TBL dry and wavy has to come soon. It finally feels long and looks long when I look in the mirror.

nakima
December 19th, 2014, 03:31 PM
congrats to you cathair!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 19th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Well done, cathair!:) Such a great milestone!

nakima
December 19th, 2014, 03:36 PM
I have a question for you all. I was reading the tbl thread and some of them consider tbl to be at the bottom of their tail bone I myself have been measureing at the top so where do you measure yours? if the top counts then I will make by christmas because i'm just grazing the top now but if it's the bottom then I will not make it for another 2 months :( what do you all think? I dont want to cheat lol!

lapushka
December 19th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I have a question for you all. I was reading the tbl thread and some of them consider tbl to be at the bottom of their tail bone I myself have been measureing at the top so where do you measure yours? if the top counts then I will make by christmas because i'm just grazing the top now but if it's the bottom then I will not make it for another 2 months :( what do you all think? I dont want to cheat lol!

Well, go by this measurement. TBL should be lower than your bum crack.

nakima
December 19th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Thanks Lapushka, My problem with that is tbl and bcl are about the same on me :( I have seen others on this site with the same problem. I guess we're odd ducks ha!

Aurum
December 19th, 2014, 04:06 PM
It's pretty unlikely that your tailbone is the same as BCL. Your true TBL is the lowest point where you can still feel bone, which generally extends down into the vertical smile region.

tigereye
December 19th, 2014, 04:59 PM
I count from the bottom of mine. :shrug: not sure it matters really.

Ingrid
December 19th, 2014, 07:16 PM
Thanks Lapushka, My problem with that is tbl and bcl are about the same on me :( I have seen others on this site with the same problem. I guess we're odd ducks ha!

Mine are about the same too.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 19th, 2014, 08:02 PM
So are mine:)

tigereye
December 20th, 2014, 02:29 AM
The top of mine is barely below BCL, but the bottom of mine is a fair bit lower.

nakima
December 21st, 2014, 02:53 PM
well I guess I will wait a few more days see where I'm at. There are three prongs that make up the tailbone 2 at the top 1 at the bottom it forms a v the longest part of my hair which is u shape is just grazeing the top 2 prongs so maybe I'll just wait until it reaches the bottom before I call it tbl which means at least another month :( then I will maintain there for a little while. will see how it goes. So I guess I didnt make my goal this year but it wont be long. I did have some problems with breakage here a couple months ago and lost some length so I almost made it :) well you all have a very merry christmas and happy growing! thank you all here at lhc!

nakima
December 21st, 2014, 03:01 PM
Maybe those of us that bcl and tbl being about the same should start our own thread ha!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 24th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Ok, it's Christmas Day and I'm claiming tailbone! It's there wet and that's good enough for me, impatient little soul that I am!!! :) MADE IT! YAY!!:) Also, Merry Christmas to everyone!

Halliday
December 24th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Merry Christmas Sarah! I forgot you're in NZ, in the UK it's still Christmas Eve evening. And congrats! I envy you, can't wait to get to tailbone.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 24th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Thank you Halliday! Yes, you guys are all living in the past! LOL.

Ingrid
December 24th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Merry Christmas, everyone! I'm still a couple of centimetres away from TBL while dry, hopefully I'll be reaching it in the next couple of months.

nakima
December 24th, 2014, 05:38 PM
congratulations Sarah! mine is just touching the top of my tailbone when dry so I think I am with you and I am going to claim it! and I have 8 1/2 more hrs to go til christmas day and then I have 23 more hrs to grow ha! I will see if my sister will take a picture for me and post it if I can figure out how to do it lol! M Have a Merry Hairy Christmas everyone!:toast:

DreamSheep
December 24th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Congrats Sarah! :)

Just over an inch away from tailbone here sooo... mission "failed" :) But hopefully I'll be there solidly next year (because it is only one small clump that is one inch away...) and maybe I'll be just loitering nearly at classic by next Christmas. *she dreams*

DreamSheep
December 24th, 2014, 07:50 PM
...and I eat my words. The air here changes my texture, and after brushing out it is now pretty straight, and straight enough for ~100ish hairs at my tailbone!! Whoopwhoop. It is the dangly layer in need and danger of a trim, but I'm so pleased!! Never thought hair reaching my butt hole would make me this happy. Sure my hair doesn't like it :-p

Sarahlabyrinth
December 24th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Yay! Two more get to graduate! :)

DreamSheep
December 25th, 2014, 03:22 AM
Yay! Two more get to graduate! :)

Yay!! I know :-)
Though personally I'll wait a couple of months for more hair to catch up :-)

Ocelan
December 25th, 2014, 04:11 AM
I'm now officially claiming TBL since it's been feeling like it is so for 2 weeks or so. It's also been exactly a year now since my last trim. I think I'm ready to start maintaining for a while right about now.

I hope you all have a peaceful christmas. It's a white one this year here in Finland. :)

lapushka
December 25th, 2014, 06:45 AM
Congrats to everyone who made it. Woohoo. You guys deserve to celebrate. Getting to a goal length is awesome! I'm about half an inch past TBL right now and claiming TBL+ (haha, what a minor detail). :o

FireFromWithin
December 25th, 2014, 07:13 AM
I think I'm about half an inch to an inch off a solid looking TBL dry although it is there when wet. I'm npt going to call it yet since I'm also going to cut a couple of inches in January assuming I don't chicken out as I've a tiny amount of bleach damage left and want it gone. Hopefully will be TBL by June or so and then on to Classic by the time I graduate June of 2016. That's the current goal anyway.

Congradulations to everyone who made it and merry christmas to all.

prettyinpink
December 25th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Whoohoo, I think I made it! Congrats to everyone! Havea merry Christmas!!

nakima
December 25th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Congrtulations to all who made it :applause I will be staying here a couple months myself then on to classic. It might take until spring of 2016 to reach this next goal if all goes well.

Caraid♫
December 26th, 2014, 10:56 AM
double post oops!

Caraid♫
December 26th, 2014, 10:57 AM
I also think I've made it! this is my length pic from December 1st and I think I was already tbl by then if not just barely, so hopefully my January length pic will look more solidly tbl!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14960&d=1419616384

nakima
December 27th, 2014, 06:13 PM
caraid you are definitley there! nice growth and very pretty color :)

Caraid♫
December 27th, 2014, 07:16 PM
caraid you are definitley there! nice growth and very pretty color :)
than you nakima!! :D

lapushka
December 28th, 2014, 05:58 AM
I also think I've made it! this is my length pic from December 1st and I think I was already tbl by then if not just barely, so hopefully my January length pic will look more solidly tbl!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14960&d=1419616384

Yay, you definitely made it! :D

Toffeemonster
December 31st, 2014, 06:33 AM
Hi everyone! Hope you all had an amazing Christmas and congrats to all who made TBL! I am just about scraping tbl with a few hairs but it's kind of pathetic. Not 100% comfortable calling it tbl although technically a few over-achievers made it haha Based on my calculations made earlier in the year this means my hair grows quite a bit slower than average *grumpy face*. It's probably to do with my fairly low protein diet, oh wells! Everyone have a great New Year!