PDA

View Full Version : TBL by Christmas 2014!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

bunzfan
March 17th, 2014, 06:15 AM
I'm a very happy bunny :bunny: i thought i'd measure as i'm doing my inversion week starting today and in the last 3 weeks it's grown over a inch wow so just 4 inches to go.

kaydana
March 17th, 2014, 06:42 AM
I totally missed this thread! I'm in, for the snacks if nothing else. I'm just at BCL right now (trimmed a couple of weeks ago to get rid of some misbehaving ends) and have ~4 inches to go, so hopefully I'll get TBL as a christmas present.

veryhairyfairy
March 17th, 2014, 07:40 AM
I'm a very happy bunny :bunny: i thought i'd measure as i'm doing my inversion week starting today and in the last 3 weeks it's grown over a inch wow so just 4 inches to go.

:cheer:

That's great! Inquiring minds want to know; have you been drinking protein shakes?

bunzfan
March 17th, 2014, 07:49 AM
:cheer:

That's great! Inquiring minds want to know; have you been drinking protein shakes?

Not at all, lots of peanut butter i have it daily and the inversion method :D i think maybe i am retaining length better because its in much better condition now.

lapushka
March 17th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Still 4 to 5 inches here, not much has changed. I'm right in between. But still, progress, albeit a little slow and tiny. :D

veryhairyfairy
March 17th, 2014, 08:23 AM
I'm BCL when wet! :disco: I accidentally found out in the shower yesterday when the ends of my hair gave me a shock! :lol:
I don't really have any kind of reference for how much my hair shrinks when it's dry, but I know it's at least an inch because I'm not BCL dry yet. If I give myself some wiggle room, I think I must be about 4 inches to TBL. I still have almost two months until my next length shot, I'm really interested to see where the length is hanging.

Not at all, lots of peanut butter i have it daily and the inversion method :D i think maybe i am retaining length better because its in much better condition now.

Oh, that's even better, then. It's nothing but frustrating when you know your hair is growing but you aren't gaining the length (ask me how I know :rolleyes: ). Well keep up the good work, we can do this together! :D

LauraLongLocks
March 17th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Congratulations to all who are making such wonderful progress right now! This photo was taken last night. If I wasn't measuring, I would think I haven't grown at all since October when I took my first length shot.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/march2014henna002.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/march2014henna002.jpg.html)

And for reference, here is my hair at the end of October:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/001.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/001.jpg.html)

I wish one of the hair growth experiments I've tried would work to increase my growth rate, but I guess I'm getting the average, no matter what I do. ;) Oh, and I think that measurement of 31" the other day was a fluke. I remeasured and it was only 30.5". Ah well, can't win 'em all, I suppose.

kaydana
March 17th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Your hair is beautful, LauraLongLocks!

veryhairyfairy
March 17th, 2014, 12:24 PM
I can actually see a lot of growth, LLL! :) It looks like your very longest hairs have started to brush the swell where your hips start, whereas in October the very longest hairs were solid waist.

I've been getting about the average growth rate for as long as I've been keeping track (years), and progress will happen as long as you don't trim it off! :D

Crumpet
March 17th, 2014, 03:07 PM

Wow -- amazing growth! I don't measure at all but I think I'm just average. I would definitely notice an inch in 3 weeks. Well done!

lapushka
March 17th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I can actually see a lot of growth, LLL! :) It looks like your very longest hairs have started to brush the swell where your hips start, whereas in October the very longest hairs were solid waist.

Yes, I totally agree. I can see the growth that you mention as well!

LauraLongLocks
March 17th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Your hair is beautful, LauraLongLocks! Thank you so much!

I've been getting about the average growth rate for as long as I've been keeping track (years), and progress will happen as long as you don't trim it off! :D I guess it's okay to have average hair growth, right? I mean, at least it's not slower than average. In October, people told me I should call waist, and now some are telling me that I look solid waist. It was a bit discouraging, but it's my own fault. I had a trim in December, where I thought only a half inch was taken, but maybe it was more. The dust on the floor at the salon only looked about a half inch to me. Anyway, yes, no more trims for me until my 1" trim in January, and then full speed ahead to TBL. I don't think I'll make TBL this year, but I'm sure going to give my hair every chance. :)

Yes, I totally agree. I can see the growth that you mention as well!
Thanks again! It feels like such little improvement, but I could tell when I did my infinity bun this morning that it is easier than it used to be. Could be that I'm getting better at all these different buns and styles, but it might also be that I have more hair to work with.

Time to go have a protein shake... ;)

Toffeemonster
March 18th, 2014, 03:50 AM
Yay for joining!

You measure starting at the forehead, throw the tape measure over your head and then measure the length. It is measured starting from the forehead so you'll have a consistent type measurement (same starting point).

Okay, I did it this way and I held my hair straight, note the hair at the end is so thin it hardly counts! It was 33.5 inches.

Bagginslover
March 18th, 2014, 04:06 AM
Just updated my length :)

Fuuny, because its only grown an inch and a half in the back since my last update (can't remember when that was, but it wasn't that recent) but my bangs have grown 3 inches since the beginning of December!! I think I need to be more mindful of my ends.

EDIT- I meant to say, I am now tickling BCL!! Woot!!

Toffeemonster
March 18th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Well done bagginslover, I'd say you'll hit tbl by summer not christmas! :)

Bagginslover
March 18th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Well done bagginslover, I'd say you'll hit tbl by summer not christmas! :)

You could be right!! In some ways I'd like it to slow down a little- I have an event in November, which I need to wear a short wig for (think 1 inch all over1!!), and I'm not sure how I'm going to fit it all under there!! I struggled at waist+! #longhairproblems

restless
March 18th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Laura: I agree with the others, I can also see growth there and your hair looks wonderful :)

On topic: Nothing to report regarding my own hairs´ growth here, Ive tried not to check the length since my 3 centimeter trim a few weeks ago (other than in a monthly length shot, that is). Im hoping that´ll result in a pleasant surprise when I suddenly realise Ive finally (!) reached BCL in the summer (maybe for my birthday in June as a present...? ;) ).

TrapperCreekD
March 18th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I need to measure and put a number to TBL - every time it crosses my mind, my hair is already up and I can't properly measure with a bump on the back of my head. :laugh:

LauraLongLocks
March 19th, 2014, 01:26 AM
Laura: I agree with the others, I can also see growth there and your hair looks wonderful :)

Thanks! :)

BlackRedRaven
March 23rd, 2014, 02:03 PM
Just wanted to show my today-length-shot... 4cm / 1.5inch to go!!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7069/13355979743_8a3705795d.jpg

LauraLongLocks
March 23rd, 2014, 02:41 PM

:thudpile:

Whoa! I LOVE the length, color, and health of your hair. Are you sure you still have 1.5" to reach tailbone? It looks like it's already there. Well done, your hair is awesome.

BlackRedRaven
March 23rd, 2014, 03:32 PM
Thank you so much! It might be the perspective, i'm not sure, but i measured tailbone at 41.3inch and now i'm at 39.7inch.

Komao
March 23rd, 2014, 03:43 PM
BlackRedRaven, beautiful hair. :)

Dessi
March 23rd, 2014, 11:44 PM
Thank you so much! It might be the perspective, i'm not sure, but i measured tailbone at 41.3inch and now i'm at 39.7inch.

Your hair is really nice. And lol, for me tailbone is at 39 inches and Classic at 42. Really looks like you're already there!

Andeee
March 24th, 2014, 02:11 AM
Just wanted to say I'm not posting much lately due to a crazy busy work schedule, but I'm now JTL (jeans top length), depending on the jeans and almost BCL when wet! I need to get a recent length shot in as the most recent one is now 6 months old, so hopefully that's at least 3 inches shorter than what I am now although I don't bother with measuring.

Everyone's hair looks great and BlackRedRaven you'll be graduating this thread very soon!

Toffeemonster
March 24th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Looks great Blackredraven, looks like just scraping tbl to me too but it's probably just camera angle, you've not far to go anyway :)

Andee, you should upload before and after shots with the one from 6 months ago if you find the time. Would be great to see what others are managing, I hope I can get some new length soon :)

bunzfan
March 25th, 2014, 02:17 PM
I noticed today I'm about a inch away from bcl finally it's getting past hip :disco:

LauraLongLocks
March 25th, 2014, 03:58 PM
I noticed today I'm about a inch away from bcl finally it's getting past hip :disco:

That's exciting! I feel like I'm at waist forever, lol!

kaydana
March 25th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Sort of a length shot?
http://i57.tinypic.com/21n1j4j.jpg
I'm always surprised how long my hair looks in pictures. It doesn't feel anywhere near as long as it looks.

LauraLongLocks
March 25th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Sort of a length shot?
I'm always surprised how long my hair looks in pictures. It doesn't feel anywhere near as long as it looks.

Hair dysmorphia. I think several of us have it, myself included.

TrapperCreekD
March 25th, 2014, 09:43 PM

Can I haz your color? :crush:

Sort of a length shot?

Looks amazing!

furnival
March 26th, 2014, 03:13 AM
Beautiful hair everyone! I might have to bow out of the TBL by Christmas thing as I was seized by a "Hey! Trim on a whim!" compulsion last night and now I'm back at waist... :uhh: Oh well!

FireFromWithin
March 26th, 2014, 04:00 AM
My hair is just starting to brush hip. I have quite a short lower torso so I'm still hoping to reach TBL by the end of the year. Will take a length shot for March/April at the weekend and post here. Hopefully there will be some progress. It still feels so short even though my friends are amazed at the length! I'm also starting to notice more and more people around here with long hair. Thing is most of them are just at MBL but it feels like they have longer hair than me!

Bagginslover
March 26th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Did a small, rather rough dusting last night, and a quick S&D, as my layers have been really tangly recently, the difference is amazing!! I took off , 3mm at most, maybe even as little as 2mm, but those new ends make all the difference!

lapushka
March 31st, 2014, 06:04 PM
I'm currently 4 inches from TBL. That should still be do-able, I think (8 months of growth). Again, I'm also not trimming this year.

TrapperCreekD
March 31st, 2014, 09:33 PM
I finally remembered to measure when my hair was down; TBL is about 39", or wrist length-ish, on me. Assuming I gained .5" this month, I should be 4" from TBL on measuring day!

hafattack
March 31st, 2014, 09:42 PM
~3.5 in here, still not on the dot when measuring. This is the first I've noticed growth since the beginning of the year, finally! Hopefully I can make it by Christmas.. come on, growth spurt!

FireFromWithin
April 1st, 2014, 02:43 AM
I'm waiting for my summer growth spurt that I'm hoping I'll have because this almost hip is just about killing me. I want it past hip already so I can start feeling like it's getting somewhere! Must remember to do lengths shot today...

FireFromWithin
April 1st, 2014, 11:34 AM
Here's the picture of my current length. I'm probably half an inch away from hip. It's there if I stretch it, there isn't much wave to my hair but there's enough to make it very frustratingly close!
sorry I can't get it to go the right way up!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10066&d=1396369791

hafattack
April 1st, 2014, 11:40 AM
Looking good FireFromWithin!

Crumpet
April 1st, 2014, 11:47 AM
Beautiful hair Firefromwithin! You are super-close. You'll be there soon...and it is so beautiful!

FireFromWithin
April 1st, 2014, 11:53 AM
Thank you crumpet. It's so strange. I've never had hair this long before and it still feels short to me! But it's in much better condition than before. I think maybe my eye keeps being drawn to the bottom of my virgin hair and discounting the blue as part of the length!

Ocelan
April 1st, 2014, 12:51 PM
It was measuring day today and the tape measure said I'm a bit less than 3.5 inches from TBL (3.3 inches in fact but I'll say 3.5 to be sure)! And it turns out BCL and TBL are a bit closer together than I thought so BCL is still 2 inches away.

Also, it seems that recently I've developed a tiny asymmetrical widow's peak. I don't know if it's because I don't dye my hair anymore, because I've been taking vitamins and my iron levels are better or if it's just an age thing and by the time I'm 50 I'll have a line of hair running down my nose (just kidding, I hope...), but I've been tempted to measure from the tip of the peak now instead of where most of the hairline is in a straight line. My hairline used to be straight or even had a reverse widow's peak at the parting so this is odd to me. And I still wear my parting at that point most of the time like I used to before so it's not like parting it there wore it off. Anyway, feeling a bit like a fraud if I measure at the peak since it does give me half a cm or about 0.2 inches more length in the measurement even though it doesn't get me to my goal lengths any sooner.

LauraLongLocks
April 1st, 2014, 03:45 PM
I don't think I'll make it to TBL this year, but I probably will be flirting with BCL at least. Here's my latest length shot. I made it to 31". TBL is ~39" so I would have to grow 1 inch a month for the rest of the year.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/Bestbirth/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/April2014lengthphoto017.jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/April2014lengthphoto017.jpg.html)

Dessi
April 2nd, 2014, 05:35 AM
Same here. I don't think I can make it by the end of this year.
http://prikachi.com/images/168/7219168s.png - wet
http://prikachi.com/images/170/7219170i.pnghttp://prikachi.com/images/171/7219171D.png - 3 hours later.
32" here and Tbl is at 39". Bcl at 36, so I guess I'll have it by the end of the year.

veryhairyfairy
April 2nd, 2014, 07:38 AM
Still chugging along, using catnip tea and bunning constantly.
Now when I'm in the shower I can tell I'm fully BCL wet anytime I move my head lol! shudder: Oh goodness... you know you're a longhair when you have to change the order in which you clean yourself to avoid germy ends!!! :tmi:

Here's the picture of my current length. I'm probably half an inch away from hip. It's there if I stretch it, there isn't much wave to my hair but there's enough to make it very frustratingly close!
sorry I can't get it to go the right way up!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10066&d=1396369791

I actually think you're at hip length! (but I go by the top of the hipbone, which tends to be right where hips start to swell outward. Some people wait until they're at the widest part of their hips to call it.)
Love that funky color on the ends!

I don't think I'll make it to TBL this year, but I probably will be flirting with BCL at least. Here's my latest length shot. I made it to 31". TBL is ~39" so I would have to grow 1 inch a month for the rest of the year.

http://s21.photobucket.com/user/Bestbirth/media/Hair%20Gallery/Hair%20length%20shots/April2014lengthphoto017.jpg.html
I agree it's a stretch to grow that much in the remaining year, but you should still hang out with us and think encouraging thoughts at your follicles, lol! :)
Your hair is looking very lovely and lively after your henna glosses!

Same here. I don't think I can make it by the end of this year.
<snip> :)
32" here and Tbl is at 39". Bcl at 36, so I guess I'll have it by the end of the year.

Ooooh, pretty waves!!! I think you're another one with hip-length, Dessi! It looks like the top of your hipbone is right in the middle of the waist and hip lines you added. But again, I call hip the top of the hip bones, not the middle of the swell. :)

(and then, I could be wrong about both of you, and your hipbones start in the middle of your hips! I don't know!)

restless
April 2nd, 2014, 08:11 AM
you know you're a longhair when you have to change the order in which you clean yourself to avoid germy ends!!! :tmi:

Lol oh no...! :lala::shake: Brutal truth at its finest (or maybe at its worst).

Dessi
April 2nd, 2014, 08:13 AM
Thank you, Veryhairyfairy! The waves are even more if I haven't brushed. :D And yes, the top of the hipbone is somewhere in the middle of the waist and hip lines. I say I'm at hip since I reached the top of the hipbone and I'll call it hip until I reach BCL...

LauraLongLocks
April 2nd, 2014, 10:19 AM
Still chugging along, using catnip tea and bunning constantly.
Now when I'm in the shower I can tell I'm fully BCL wet anytime I move my head lol! shudder: Oh goodness... you know you're a longhair when you have to change the order in which you clean yourself to avoid germy ends!!! :tmi:

I agree it's a stretch to grow that much in the remaining year, but you should still hang out with us and think encouraging thoughts at your follicles, lol! :)
Your hair is looking very lovely and lively after your henna glosses!

Ha ha! I love the comments from people who are at BCL for the first time ever. It makes me laugh.

And thank you, I think the henna glosses have made a positive change, too. I'm actually thinking I want to do straight henna on the bottom 4-6" of my hair, just for the fun of it, going for that ombre look. I think I may do that when I have enough money to buy some more henna. I used all mine up on a friend's head. Anyway, yes, I'll stick around and maybe I can just think myself to longer lengths and it will happen, like some sort of Jedi mind trick.

:luke:

Hey, last month I got .75" growth while drinking protein shakes and getting 100-120 grams protein every day, so I'm going to keep that up and I will probably make more progress that way.

FireFromWithin
April 2nd, 2014, 10:38 AM
Dessi I think I've got a similar length to go as you. I'm at 33" and TBL is 38". I'm hoping for a summer growth boom but at least we'll be close to TBL by the end of the year. Hopefully TBL will feel long enough and I can just spend next year maintaining! All these beautiful heads of hair look amazing.

Dessi
April 2nd, 2014, 02:19 PM
Dessi I think I've got a similar length to go as you. I'm at 33" and TBL is 38". I'm hoping for a summer growth boom but at least we'll be close to TBL by the end of the year. Hopefully TBL will feel long enough and I can just spend next year maintaining! All these beautiful heads of hair look amazing.

Oh, I think you can make it by the end of the year. You're at 33", I'm at 32" and TBL is 38" for you, but 39" for me. So I wish you good luck and I hope you will reach it by the end of the year!

Frozen_Farmgirl
April 2nd, 2014, 08:54 PM
I am hoping to get to TBL by December if not sooner :) At WL now after a 2 in trim. I am going to try holding off on trimming since my hair is doing pretty well endwise. I would really really like to be at classic length by the end of the year, but I think that is a slightly impossible feat...

veryhairyfairy
April 3rd, 2014, 06:07 AM
Haha, apparently I've become known in my small circle of (male) acquaintances for only wearing my hair in stick buns. I have one kinda-friend who always asks what I'm using to hold up my hair "a fork, a twig, a shiny gold stick, nothing?" it's fun.

Ha ha! I love the comments from people who are at BCL for the first time ever. It makes me laugh.

<snip> :)

Hey, last month I got .75" growth while drinking protein shakes and getting 100-120 grams protein every day, so I'm going to keep that up and I will probably make more progress that way.

Lol, just you wait! Someday very soon it'll be you discovering all of the adventures of newly BCL ends! :lol:

.75" in a month is really great growth! I wonder if the extra protein could be combined with other things to really speed things up? :hmm:
For instance, I used green tea as the liquid for my henna this month, and less than 1 week later I measured 1/4" of growth (which is unheard of for me, most of my growth happens during the last two weeks before I henna again). I'll be measuring my roots after a full month to see what's what.

Jomo
April 3rd, 2014, 07:47 AM
It's optimistic for me... but I'm hoping to be part of this 'graduating class' too. I have I think about 3.5-4.5 inches to go, I'm not 100% sure because I don't seem to be able to find where my tailbone would end, lol. I always assumed tailbone length was a bit above BCL, but I had no idea the tailbone went so looow!

LauraLongLocks
April 3rd, 2014, 08:14 PM
Lol, just you wait! Someday very soon it'll be you discovering all of the adventures of newly BCL ends! :lol:

.75" in a month is really great growth! I wonder if the extra protein could be combined with other things to really speed things up? :hmm:
For instance, I used green tea as the liquid for my henna this month, and less than 1 week later I measured 1/4" of growth (which is unheard of for me, most of my growth happens during the last two weeks before I henna again). I'll be measuring my roots after a full month to see what's what.

Ha ha! I hope it will be by the end of the year for me, even if I can't make TBL, I really think I might make BCL if I don't stall.

I was also wondering the same thing. If I can get .75" with extra protein, maybe if I do monistat, or caffeine rinses, or inversion method I could get even more. I am already taking a whole lot of supplements. Some are specifically for my hair, and others are just because I feel I need them. Most are in a superfood form, because I believe that's the best way to obtain nutrients, through food.

Andeee
April 4th, 2014, 01:46 AM
It's optimistic for me... but I'm hoping to be part of this 'graduating class' too. I have I think about 3.5-4.5 inches to go, I'm not 100% sure because I don't seem to be able to find where my tailbone would end, lol. I always assumed tailbone length was a bit above BCL, but I had no idea the tailbone went so looow!
I'm not entirely sure where my tailbone is, either, but I am going by the rule that when you sit down on a hard chair with your back straight, if the ends of your hair touch the seat of the chair, then you are at tailbone.

veryhairyfairy
April 4th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Ha ha! I hope it will be by the end of the year for me, even if I can't make TBL, I really think I might make BCL if I don't stall.

I was also wondering the same thing. If I can get .75" with extra protein, maybe if I do monistat, or caffeine rinses, or inversion method I could get even more. I am already taking a whole lot of supplements. Some are specifically for my hair, and others are just because I feel I need them. Most are in a superfood form, because I believe that's the best way to obtain nutrients, through food.

Oh, you'll most definitely be at least BCL by the end of the year. :agree:

It sounds like you'll be getting the absolute most out of your hair with your regimen, I'll be interested to see if/when you break 1"/month!
(I feel the same way about supplements, I just found Megafood vitamins a few months ago and there is a noticeable difference in energy compared to the centrum knockoffs I used to take.)

I'm not entirely sure where my tailbone is, either, but I am going by the rule that when you sit down on a hard chair with your back straight, if the ends of your hair touch the seat of the chair, then you are at tailbone.

Goodness, if I went by that measure it would be almost classic, but I have mucho 'padding' when seated. ;) But at least with this method you'll know you're 100% solid TBL.
Another one for people who can't figure out where TBL is... you will know you're past TBL when you reach BHL. :rollin:

tigereye
April 18th, 2014, 05:58 AM
I got my hair trimmed in the end. Just an inch off the ends.
I took a photo (which should be clickable), but since it got blow-dried by my hair-dresser on Tuesday, my hair is missing its slight body-wave and wavy ends. I can expect it to shrink an inch or so with the next wash when the wave returns. Its a nice sunny day so I'll be throwing it up now to avoid getting too hot :coolblue:

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/lost-kitty/th_47c03844c0c470165eb78f558f99ba6d_zps2e6cda39.jp g (http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/lost-kitty/?action=view&current=47c03844c0c470165eb78f558f99ba6d_zps2e6cda 39.jpg)

lapushka
April 18th, 2014, 07:37 AM
I took a photo (which should be clickable), but since it got blow-dried by my hair-dresser on Tuesday, my hair is missing its slight body-wave and wavy ends. I can expect it to shrink an inch or so with the next wash when the wave returns. Its a nice sunny day so I'll be throwing it up now to avoid getting too hot :coolblue:

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/lost-kitty/th_47c03844c0c470165eb78f558f99ba6d_zps2e6cda39.jp g (http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/lost-kitty/?action=view¤t=47c03844c0c470165eb78f558f99ba6d_zp s2e6cda39.jpg)

You're still well on your way, and should get there by Christmas - for sure!
Very nice!!!

tigereye
April 18th, 2014, 08:24 AM
You're still well on your way, and should get there by Christmas - for sure!
Very nice!!!

Thanks Lapushka.
It's was quite a funny experience. My newest mini-milestone has to be my hairdresser telling me that she's never known anyone to have to sit down to blow-dry clients hair before, but she had to with mine or she couldn't reach to the ends.

Beborani
April 18th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Is there an easy way to find out what you posted last on a thread short of going back page by page?

I am on a slightly different hair journey than most of you in that I am growing brand new (or reviving old dead ones) follicles with minoxidil so I have two different types of growths to monitor and length is actually less exciting but more socially relatable on a site like this. The last 8 or so inches of my hair is very thin but I like to keep it so I get to see the contrast with the hair up on top. The tippy tip is at bcl stretched but will look bcl in a year or so. More interesting will be when all the thickness travels down which will be another 5 years--I will be 55--kinda cool to think about it. This is the hair I ahould have had but didnt during youth though I appreciate every single strand more now. Nice thing about curling wavy hair is that it hides the thinness at the bottom by twirling up.

tigereye
April 18th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Is there an easy way to find out what you posted last on a thread short of going back page by page?

I am on a slightly different hair journey than most of you in that I am growing brand new (or reviving old dead ones) follicles with minoxidil so I have two different types of growths to monitor and length is actually less exciting but more socially relatable on a site like this. The last 8 or so inches of my hair is very thin but I like to keep it so I get to see the contrast with the hair up on top. The tippy tip is at bcl stretched but will look bcl in a year or so. More interesting will be when all the thickness travels down which will be another 5 years--I will be 55--kinda cool to think about it. This is the hair I ahould have had but didnt during youth though I appreciate every single strand more now. Nice thing about curling wavy hair is that it hides the thinness at the bottom by twirling up.

Below the thread title, there's the search button. Click on it, then advanced search. From there you can search by member name, so you can just put in your own and the ones in that thread should come up. There used to be an easier way, but it all changed with the system update way back when, so this is the only way I know.

Beborani
April 18th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Ah thanks Tigereye!

hafattack
April 18th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Anybody else feel like they're stalling out? I've gotten a half inch since the start of the year and have upped my protein intake and scalp massages. So frustrating! Only 3.5 to go, but may not make it after all. What have you done to break a stall?

Toffeemonster
April 19th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Only managed to grow a cm in the last month! Disappointing! Might not make my goal after all :(

All that said my hair condition is improving drastically and even the ends look so much better.

Hafattack, I think I've around 3.5 to go as well and thought I'd make it no problem...urgh!

Toffeemonster
April 19th, 2014, 07:00 AM

As far as I know(correct me if I'm wrong) tailbone is just below the top of your butt crack. Mine is anyway. So what you describe would add over 2 inches past tail bone for me.

tigereye
April 19th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Only managed to grow a cm in the last month! Disappointing! Might not make my goal after all :(

All that said my hair condition is improving drastically and even the ends look so much better.

Hafattack, I think I've around 3.5 to go as well and thought I'd make it no problem...urgh!

It's okay. That's almost half an inch, so I'm sure you'll still make it :)

tigereye
April 19th, 2014, 07:49 AM
As far as I know(correct me if I'm wrong) tailbone is just below the top of your butt crack. Mine is anyway. So what you describe would add over 2 inches past tail bone for me.

Mine is a good bit below BCL, but an inch above the chair when sitting down. I know this because the bone itself is pretty easy to find on me. If I'm standing, that works out about half-way down my back jeans pocket.

TrapperCreekD
April 19th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Has anyone done a head tilt photo for inspiration? I saw this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46767) and thought it would be a really cool idea. :)

tigereye
April 19th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Has anyone done a head tilt photo for inspiration? I saw this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=46767) and thought it would be a really cool idea. :)
I've not taken a pic, but I usually tilt my head back to rinse out my hair at the end (cold water - it might benefit my hair, but I still prefer not to stand in it). It touches classic :cloud9:

LauraLongLocks
April 19th, 2014, 10:30 PM
If you tilt your head back is it a good indicator of where you'll be in a year? I gotta go take my hair down and see!

...running to pull the flexi8 out of my LWB and smooth my hair out...

Well, now I'm bummed. It only added another 2-3" to my length. So, I really hope that's not an indicator of where I'll be in a year. :(

PraiseCheeses
April 19th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Anybody else feel like they're stalling out? I've gotten a half inch since the start of the year and have upped my protein intake and scalp massages. So frustrating! Only 3.5 to go, but may not make it after all. What have you done to break a stall?

Stay busy. :) The only time I notice growth is when I'm really busy and don't have time to dwell on hair thoughts. Other than that, you might try changing your supplement routine? I'm usually pretty lackadaisical about anything besides a multivitamin, but I've broken out of two-month stalls once by restarting MSM, and once by starting DE (which I would take anyway for the benefits to restful sleep, more energy, and oh those vivid dreams). It might be purely psychological though...

If you tilt your head back is it a good indicator of where you'll be in a year? I gotta go take my hair down and see!

...running to pull the flexi8 out of my LWB and smooth my hair out...

Well, now I'm bummed. It only added another 2-3" to my length. So, I really hope that's not an indicator of where I'll be in a year. :(

Never fear; I'm guessing this is more indicative of neck flexibility that hair growth rate. :lol: Your hair seems to grow pretty fast and from what I've seen, you lead a ridiculously healthy and active lifestyle. I'd say you have a shot!

Right now, I'm feeling pretty good about making TBL by the end of the year. Pulled straight I'm juuuusssst at BCL, and I have a bit more than 3 inches until tailbone. But my hair grows unpredictably in fits and spurts, and I will need to trim twice between now and then.

I'd take a length shot.... but when I was doing some score study with a friend of mine a couple weeks ago, he used my computer, closed the browser window... aaaand my length shots folder was open underneath the browser so he saw a screen full of hair shots. :whistle: I haven't been able to bring myself to open that folder since then. :oops: If I don't see it, he didn't either, right? :lol:

veryhairyfairy
April 20th, 2014, 08:43 AM

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/lost-kitty/th_47c03844c0c470165eb78f558f99ba6d_zps2e6cda39.jp g (http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/lost-kitty/?action=view¤t=47c03844c0c470165eb78f558f99ba6d_zp s2e6cda39.jpg)
Looks great! :flower:

I just wanted to commiserate. :grouphug: It's tough growing out awesome hair while having not-as-awesome hair at the ends (I'm growing out pretty severe damage-caused thinning).
I agree that your wurls really help both disguise and pretty-up thin ends. My curl/wave envy really comes out when I see how gorgeous fairly tailed wurly/curly hair is!

VJG
April 20th, 2014, 02:47 PM
If I'm not at tailbone by Christmas 2014, then I know I really have stalled. I am going for this as well. :)

LauraLongLocks
April 20th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Never fear; I'm guessing this is more indicative of neck flexibility that hair growth rate. :lol: Your hair seems to grow pretty fast and from what I've seen, you lead a ridiculously healthy and active lifestyle. I'd say you have a shot!

Thank you, I hope you are right. My husband said, "That's as far as it goes?" when I tilted my head back. He said it didn't seem like I had a very wide range of motion. So, let's hope I can make it a lot farther than just past hip in a year!

TrapperCreekD
April 20th, 2014, 08:55 PM
I agree about flexibility. If a typical year equals 6", I think you'd really have to compress the back of your neck... :cheer:

FireFromWithin
April 21st, 2014, 04:18 AM
I finally got DBF to take some length shots (thus it's debatable if the main focus is actually my hair but oh we'll) it's starting to feel long but it doesn't look quite hip to me, or is hip higher than the top of my jeans (if I hold my head as I usually would and not trying to make sure it's straight my hair just touches the top of my jeans)
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/FireFromWithin/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8770e739.jpg

And a bit of an action shot since its also my 2 year anniversary and my birthday (whoop!)

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/FireFromWithin/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps92380910.jpg

FireFromWithin
April 21st, 2014, 04:30 AM
And here's a head tilt photo that I'm going to use for motivation. This is my head resting on my back and is as far as I can go without bending my back (I'm hypermobile) unfortunately I doubt I'll be nearly classic in a year sadly,

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/FireFromWithin/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc760ffd7.jpg

Crumpet
April 21st, 2014, 06:47 AM
Firefromwithin -- your hair looks amazing! And yes, I think his focus was elsewhere...

lapushka
April 21st, 2014, 07:02 AM
I finally got DBF to take some length shots (thus it's debatable if the main focus is actually my hair but oh we'll) it's starting to feel long but it doesn't look quite hip to me, or is hip higher than the top of my jeans (if I hold my head as I usually would and not trying to make sure it's straight my hair just touches the top of my jeans)

That looks like it's "just" hip! You can call it, in my book! :flowers:

lapushka
April 21st, 2014, 07:11 AM
My mom measured yesterday, and it looks as though I'm 2 to 3 inches away from TBL! It grows so fast, it seems! :D Yaaay! :cheer:

veryhairyfairy
April 21st, 2014, 07:33 AM
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/FireFromWithin/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps8770e739.jpg

And a bit of an action shot since its also my 2 year anniversary and my birthday (whoop!)

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/FireFromWithin/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps92380910.jpg

Firefromwithin -- your hair looks amazing! And yes, I think his focus was elsewhere...

:rollin: Agreed on both counts! :lol:

My mom measured yesterday, and it looks as though I'm 2 to 3 inches away from TBL! It grows so fast, it seems! :D Yaaay! :cheer:

Oh wow, you're so close!:cheese:
(I have a feeling I'm about that far from TBL when wet, but I musn't claim anything until my length shot in 3 weeks)

FireFromWithin
April 21st, 2014, 07:43 AM
Thank you, it's always good to take a length shot and realise your hair has grown. I love coming to this thread and seeing how much progress everyone has made. It gives me hope!

LauraLongLocks
April 21st, 2014, 10:28 AM
I have the same trouble when my husband takes length shots for me. It's all about my butt. Ha! Your hair is just reaching hip, I think you can call it, FireFromWithin.

Beborani
April 21st, 2014, 10:44 AM
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/Beborani/imagejpg1_zps6cd10cf6.jpg (http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/Beborani/media/imagejpg1_zps6cd10cf6.jpg.html)

These two pictures are not exactly equivalent but I really dont have patience for those beautful perfectly aligned length shots. But it shows about years growth wavy/curly with all the imperfections. I think the 2013 is day after a haircut (blowdried) but cant be certain and 2014 is third day hair. Anyway, I thought it worth sharing.

Aderyn
April 21st, 2014, 12:42 PM
My growth rate is about .75 - 1 inch a month, currently at the top of my jeans stretched. Around 5-6 inches until tailbone. 8 months should be more than enough to be there stretched.

Hoping to be solidly hip length when curly by the end of the year, maybe even at the top of my jeans curly, which shouldn't be too hard as I went from top of BSL to top of Waist curly in less than a year (BSL to Waist is 6-7 inches straight, don't know how long that would be with wurls included) and that was with me primarily wearing my hair down and not taking very good care of it.

Pleasantly surprised with my growth rate.

lapushka
April 21st, 2014, 05:12 PM
These two pictures are not exactly equivalent but I really dont have patience for those beautful perfectly aligned length shots. But it shows about years growth wavy/curly with all the imperfections. I think the 2013 is day after a haircut (blowdried) but cant be certain and 2014 is third day hair. Anyway, I thought it worth sharing.

Gorgeous, especially the second pictures with your waves/wurls unchained! :)

My growth rate is about .75 - 1 inch a month, currently at the top of my jeans stretched. Around 5-6 inches until tailbone. 8 months should be more than enough to be there stretched.

I'm sure you can make it by Christmas!

LauraLongLocks
April 21st, 2014, 05:24 PM
Why is it taking so long for me to grow to hip length?

Crumpet
April 21st, 2014, 05:36 PM
Why is it taking so long for me to grow to hip length?

I was just thinking the same thing today. I am more patient now than pre-waist, but really, c'mon!!

LauraLongLocks
April 21st, 2014, 05:43 PM
I was just thinking the same thing today. I am more patient now than pre-waist, but really, c'mon!!

Seriously, I thought I would breeze right by hip and the long wait would be between hip and BCL, but not so. I guess I'm going to wait a long time for each and every milestone.

I think I'll be a lot more patient after I reach TBL since I'll be in maintenance mode, trimming half my growth every other month for 6-12 months. I won't be expecting any noticeable gains in length at that point, so anything I get will be a bonus.

It's the top of the iliac crest, right? Well, since my hip bones are on my sides, I've drawn an imaginary line to the center of my back and I'll need 33" to call it. So maybe 3 more months? July? August at the very latest? Time is just going by excruciatingly slow, I guess.

Beborani
April 21st, 2014, 08:31 PM
Thanks lapushka--yes I am also not fond of the blow dried look that poor stylist took so much pain to do--even she offered not to do it during the next cut! Veryhairyfairy--I hope you are able to outgrow the damage soon. Laura--you are probably tall so it takes longer. It is all about enjoying the journey...

TrapperCreekD
April 21st, 2014, 09:26 PM
FireFromWithin, classic length looks awesome on you!

The weather was nice today so I decided to do a head tilt shot. With it wavy I go from hip+ to left side pioneer hairs just brushing CICT classic... :cloud9: What's that sound, my goal length slipping a little lower?

http://i.imgur.com/2kVJj4w.png

LauraLongLocks
April 21st, 2014, 11:00 PM
Thanks lapushka--yes I am also not fond of the blow dried look that poor stylist took so much pain to do--even she offered not to do it during the next cut! Veryhairyfairy--I hope you are able to outgrow the damage soon. Laura--you are probably tall so it takes longer. It is all about enjoying the journey... I'm only 5' 4.5" but getting to waist was 30" as I guess I have a long torso.

Out of curiosity, I measured 32" from the floor and found that around TBL is half the length of my body. So, since classic is sometimes referred to as half the length of the body, I can call it at TBL, right? Or maybe I just need to work my glutes more to lift my rear end up from the effects of gravity, lol!

veryhairyfairy
April 22nd, 2014, 05:53 AM
I found myself incredibly impatient to get past hip just because that was my own personal "wow, that's long" marker, so I feel you both, LLL and Crumpet.
When I was watching my growth it seemed like I was growing so slowly! I finally figured out that in order to stay sane, I need to keep length shots to once every few months, and the same with measuring.
I suggest distraction and putting it away to surprise yourself with some growth! :flower:

Lol, now I get impatient to check my length! :lol:

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/Beborani/imagejpg1_zps6cd10cf6.jpg (http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/Beborani/media/imagejpg1_zps6cd10cf6.jpg.html)

Look at that growth! I think it looks wonderful all bun-straightened, I'd love to see it in its natural wurly state, too! :D

FireFromWithin, classic length looks awesome on you!

The weather was nice today so I decided to do a head tilt shot. With it wavy I go from hip+ to left side pioneer hairs just brushing CICT classic... :cloud9: What's that sound, my goal length slipping a little lower?

http://i.imgur.com/2kVJj4w.png

Oh goodness, I lolled for real! :lol:

Love your wild mane! :D

Crumpet
April 22nd, 2014, 07:09 AM
Gorgeous hair Trappercreek!

LLL -- we'll make it! It is surprising how long it takes though. There are some people who seem to grow so quickly between waist and hip. I don't seem to. The waves also play lots of tricks on me, but I forgive them since I'm so glad to finally realize why my hair was 'misbehaving' so much. Oops!

LauraLongLocks
April 22nd, 2014, 09:38 AM
I found myself incredibly impatient to get past hip just because that was my own personal "wow, that's long" marker, so I feel you both, LLL and Crumpet.
When I was watching my growth it seemed like I was growing so slowly! I finally figured out that in order to stay sane, I need to keep length shots to once every few months, and the same with measuring.
I suggest distraction and putting it away to surprise yourself with some growth! :flower:
The only way I could stop thinking about it is to stop coming to the LHC forum. You can't get rid of me that easily, lol.

LLL -- we'll make it! It is surprising how long it takes though. There are some people who seem to grow so quickly between waist and hip. I don't seem to. The waves also play lots of tricks on me, but I forgive them since I'm so glad to finally realize why my hair was 'misbehaving' so much. Oops! I have straighter hair than you so it *should* go faster. Oh well. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised on my measure/picture day. Only 8 days to go!

Beborani
April 22nd, 2014, 09:39 AM
http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag50/Beborani/f325babe-3e78-4c76-96a1-f32d8bf00db8_zps18ed9ff7.jpg (http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/Beborani/media/f325babe-3e78-4c76-96a1-f32d8bf00db8_zps18ed9ff7.jpg.html)

It is because of this I don't mind the slowness of apparent growth and in fact even welcome it as I am afraid I will lose these curls at longer lengths. Everytime I had long hair it has mostly been in contained hairstyles which is supported and encouraged here on lhc but I am so sick of it. So it is always loose except when I am doing physical work.

Trapper your hair looks similar to mine but lighter and thicker and longer!

veryhairyfairy
April 23rd, 2014, 07:35 AM
Oooh, thanks for obliging me, Beborani, your texture is just lovely! :D

The only way I could stop thinking about it is to stop coming to the LHC forum. You can't get rid of me that easily, lol.

I have straighter hair than you so it *should* go faster. Oh well. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised on my measure/picture day. Only 8 days to go!

Oh goodness, it's the age-old "I need to stop thinking about my hair, but LHC is so much fun and there's so much to read and talk about and look at and admire and oh my hair is not growing at all!" :lol:

Even with my ban on checking my length I still find myself obsessing and checking in the shower (I mean, c'mon, how am I supposed to stop myself from feeling my ends petting my booty?!) ;)

Crumpet
April 23rd, 2014, 08:04 AM
Yes, its hard to be on the LHC and not think about hair...constantly. I just can't give the LHC up! Too much good company and eye candy.

LauraLongLocks
April 23rd, 2014, 09:23 AM
Oooh, thanks for obliging me, Beborani, your texture is just lovely! :D

Oh goodness, it's the age-old "I need to stop thinking about my hair, but LHC is so much fun and there's so much to read and talk about and look at and admire and oh my hair is not growing at all!" :lol:

Even with my ban on checking my length I still find myself obsessing and checking in the shower (I mean, c'mon, how am I supposed to stop myself from feeling my ends petting my booty?!) ;)

Yes, its hard to be on the LHC and not think about hair...constantly. I just can't give the LHC up! Too much good company and eye candy.

You understand perfectly. Only 7 days until I get to measure and take a picture.

VJG
May 5th, 2014, 04:58 PM
I cannot remember if I ever commented on this thread, but I have finally reached BCL dry (and a hip length braid! Yay!) and I think maybe, possibly, a little bit, that I might get to TBL by next Christmas. It's worth a shot, eh?

LauraLongLocks
May 5th, 2014, 05:08 PM
I cannot remember if I ever commented on this thread, but I have finally reached BCL dry (and a hip length braid! Yay!) and I think maybe, possibly, a little bit, that I might get to TBL by next Christmas. It's worth a shot, eh?
Welcome and good luck. I won't make it by the end of this year, but I'm here for the good company and growth vibes.

lunalocks
May 5th, 2014, 05:24 PM
LLL, I just measured from the floor, and yes! TBL is my half height, and I am only an inch away.

Since I have been self trimming for the past year, I have gained 5 inches net. No more salon trims for me.

LauraLongLocks
May 5th, 2014, 06:19 PM
So I am not alone where half my height is TBL. But can we call it classic? LOL. <wink>

veryhairyfairy
May 6th, 2014, 05:54 AM
I'm not calling it until I've taken my length picture sometime next week, but I'm pretty sure I'm finally BCL with dry hair... which means just 2-3" to TBL! :D

LLL, I just measured from the floor, and yes! TBL is my half height, and I am only an inch away.

Since I have been self trimming for the past year, I have gained 5 inches net. No more salon trims for me.

So I am not alone where half my height is TBL. But can we call it classic? LOL. <wink>

So it's not just me, then??? TBL is almost literally half my height, down to the 1/4". Now the question is; long torsos, or short legs? ;) :p

Sarahlabyrinth
May 6th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Hmmm, I've just worked out that half my height is at 35". Which is an inch above hip on me. Short legs.......long torso. Does that mean I can call it classic at 35"? Instead of having to grow aaaaalll the way to 44"?

lapushka
May 6th, 2014, 06:49 AM
Hmmm, I've just worked out that half my height is at 35". Which is an inch above hip on me. Short legs.......long torso. Does that mean I can call it classic at 35"? Instead of having to grow aaaaalll the way to 44"?

Hehe, nice try. :lol:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 6th, 2014, 07:00 AM
Hehe, nice try. :lol:

Ah well, it never hurts to try, right?:)

restless
May 6th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Its fun to see this thread back on the first page and to read about peoples progress :D Me, Im still hovering just above BCL, I have about an inch to go when wet... So close but yet so far away. I had been hoping to reach it for my birthday next month but Im not so sure about that anymore. Maybe for July. Im hoping that my summer updo- challenge and the warm weather will make some miracles :p

lapushka
May 6th, 2014, 07:14 AM
I'm about (a little more than) halfway there, you guys. We figure I still have about a large 2 inch piece to go. That's roughly 4 months' worth of growing. Let's hope I don't get stalled along the way. :)

LauraLongLocks
May 6th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Hey, the hair length charts say that classic is HALF the length of the body. They really just need to say it's the bottom of your arse.

Ocelan
May 6th, 2014, 03:14 PM
I just calculated my halfs of body and I passed my halfway point already 1.5 inches ago (yay!?). It was at 84.5 cm (or 33.3 inches) or just an inch below hip length. My hair is now about 88.5 cm (or 34.8 inches). And there's still a long way to go to classic which on me is at 107 cm (or 42.1 inches), nearly 10 inches below my halfway point! So I guess my calculated "classic" is on the wrong side of my arse then. It's above when it should be below. :P I never knew it but it seems I have a stubby feet! Or my bottom hangs too low... hmm... it makes me wonder... The bottom-of-arse classic would be about accurate if I didn't have a head. :P

PraiseCheeses
May 6th, 2014, 11:15 PM
I just calculated my halfs of body and I passed my halfway point already 1.5 inches ago (yay!?). It was at 84.5 cm (or 33.3 inches) or just an inch below hip length. My hair is now about 88.5 cm (or 34.8 inches). And there's still a long way to go to classic which on me is at 107 cm (or 42.1 inches), nearly 10 inches below my halfway point! So I guess my calculated "classic" is on the wrong side of my arse then. It's above when it should be below. :P I never knew it but it seems I have a stubby feet! Or my bottom hangs too low... hmm... it makes me wonder... The bottom-of-arse classic would be about accurate if I didn't have a head. :P

This made me chuckle, but there's a reason for that. The "classic is the halfway point of the body" refers to a measurement which is half of your measured height - i.e. from your feet to the top of your head - not over your head to the hairline like we measure hair length. :lol: I'm guessing when people are making the comparisons of hair length to height, they're using measure-from-hairline for hair values and measure-down-from-crown for height values. (Correct me if I'm wrong, of course. :)) What would everyone's measurements be if they measured where their hair hit them in relationship to their official-doctor's-office-height? My LHC hair length is 34". If I measure from the top of the back of my head (where the doctor would measure as my height) my hair goes 28" down my back. Classic length is 40" LHC-style, but only 34" of my height. I'm 65" tall, so a little past the halfway mark. (Long legs, short torso, stupid-long neck.)

Erm, and my length measurement is an inch shorter than two nights ago. :oops: I was fed up with uneven ends and tried rather unsuccessfully to even them out. My hair is still uneven, and shorter now. :( We'll see about that TBL-by-2015 thing.

Ocelan
May 6th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Oh you are so right PraiseCheeses! I thought about this when I was posting and somehow in my very sleepy state I imagined I had measured from the crown which I of course never do. Daft me! So taking the measurement from hairline to crown away from the total hair length evens things out a bit and brings my classic measurement closer to the hair related classic, not quite even still, but closer. I'm not a total freak after all! But I do feel stupid for the way my mind worked. I blame a long evening shift at work and the fact that I should have already been asleep when posting my reply. :brains:

LauraLongLocks
May 7th, 2014, 09:38 AM
I measured from the floor to my mid-height, which is 32". It was at TBL. TBL on me is 40" from hairline to ends.

tigereye
May 7th, 2014, 10:51 AM
I never associated classic with "middle-of-body-height". To me, if you can sit on it, it's probably about classic or longer. Or, standing, the point where your butt meets the back of your thighs

PraiseCheeses
May 7th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Yeah, the "middle-of-the-body" designation is a new one to me. I agree with LauraLongLocks that the charts should just say "bottom of your arse." :lol: That accounts for the fact that we all have different proportions, too.

I'd love to see a project in which LHCers traced the outlines of their body onto some huge pieces of paper, drew lines where the different measurements fall on their outlines, and then photographed the results and posted them on LHC with the markers labeled with their measurements. It's really fascinating how much variation there is!

ZenaZoo
May 7th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I'm in!

I've been hivering around bcl for a few months now just maintaining/dusting to get rid of a few old scruffy ends. I'm hoping to reach tbl with a good few trims in between by Christmas 14.
My goal is just past classic. With as many trims as it takes. I have around 3 inches of really old bleach damage and about 6 inches of old box dye.

I've been toying with the idea of cutting back to mid hip to take that 3 inch jump but never got any further with it.
I've kept my style to a single English braid day and night since I work alot and get headaches really easily I can't really bun too much anymore.

What would you guys suggest? Take the plunge and cut, pros would be I can have a thicker hemline and have better control over oiling my ends. Or micro trim every month?

FireFromWithin
May 7th, 2014, 02:18 PM
If your ends are unmanageable cutting might be a good idea. You could still make TB by christmas you just wouldnt have any other trims. I would also suggest going to your doctor about the headaches to make sure nothing is wrong. Just don't cut out of frustration, cutting decisions need to be made from a calm place.

ZenaZoo
May 7th, 2014, 03:03 PM
They're not unmanageable just I know it's there and it's the majority of my braid tassel. I keep s&d int the white dots but there's only so much I can do without chopping an few inches. I'll leave it another month and see how I feel then.
My headaches have been going in for years. As long as I can remember since leaving school really. Been to the doctors numerous times but they always say "if it hasn't got worse there's no point in doing any tests/scans" cause it's been there for years. It's frustrating. I've tried changing my routine in general life,diet, exercise. Nothing seems to help =(

veryhairyfairy
May 8th, 2014, 05:53 AM
I'm in!

I've been hivering around bcl for a few months now just maintaining/dusting to get rid of a few old scruffy ends. I'm hoping to reach tbl with a good few trims in between by Christmas 14.
My goal is just past classic. With as many trims as it takes. I have around 3 inches of really old bleach damage and about 6 inches of old box dye.

I've been toying with the idea of cutting back to mid hip to take that 3 inch jump but never got any further with it.
I've kept my style to a single English braid day and night since I work alot and get headaches really easily I can't really bun too much anymore.

What would you guys suggest? Take the plunge and cut, pros would be I can have a thicker hemline and have better control over oiling my ends. Or micro trim every month?

Welcome to the thread! :)

There's an article here (I think) about the benefits of microtrimming vs chopping, and basically; Microtrimming allows you to have fresh, unfrazzled ends very often, whereas a chop means that as you grow out the ends become messy and you trim more. (I'm doing a terrible job of explaining it)

I'm going the microtrim/maintain route for my 12"+ of damage, and if you can deal with your ends I would suggest the same. From what I understand about microtrims, you'll have an easier time of it and maybe even have a thicker hem than you would if you chopped and then grew. :)

Oh, and my sympathies for your headache problems! :grouphug: They are a part of my life, too!

hafattack
May 8th, 2014, 06:24 AM
That's what I am planning to do: I've got 9-12 inches of old dye and it is porous, dry, tangly and unhappy. I'm not willing to lose length :) and I have been microtrimming and really like it.

LauraLongLocks
May 8th, 2014, 06:04 PM
I'm in!

Welcome to the thread! :)

There's an article here (I think) about the benefits of microtrimming vs chopping, and basically; Microtrimming allows you to have fresh, unfrazzled ends very often, whereas a chop means that as you grow out the ends become messy and you trim more. (I'm doing a terrible job of explaining it)

I'm going the microtrim/maintain route for my 12"+ of damage, and if you can deal with your ends I would suggest the same. From what I understand about microtrims, you'll have an easier time of it and maybe even have a thicker hem than you would if you chopped and then grew. :)

Oh, and my sympathies for your headache problems! :grouphug: They are a part of my life, too!

That's what I am planning to do: I've got 9-12 inches of old dye and it is porous, dry, tangly and unhappy. I'm not willing to lose length :) and I have been microtrimming and really like it.

Another vote for microtrimming. The blog article I think veryhairyfairy was referring to is here. http://longhairedatheart.blogspot.com/2010/03/even-hemline-without-loosing-length.html

After reading that, I decided unless I would prefer a shorter length, there is no reason to ever do a big chop again. I mean, if I get to TBL and hate it (I doubt that will happen), and decide I would rather have waist length again (not happening, but this is hypothetical), then sure, I would do a big chop, but if my aim was to maintain or even gain more growth, I would not choose a big chop.

Andeee
May 9th, 2014, 01:41 AM
I've also got several inches of somewhat damaged and dry hair, but there's no way I'd do a big chop right now. I'm almost at BCL and don't want to lose any length. Those ends are great for securing buns (tapered and fairy-tailed). I just oil and condition (need to do it more often!) them and hope for the best (I'm too lazy to microtrim).

Bagginslover
May 9th, 2014, 04:35 AM
I think I'm going to have to trim at least an inch :( Its my own fault-I shaped the front of my hair, to blend in the bangs I'm growing out, but because the bangs are so short (1 inch longer than chin) and the rest is at BCL, the blending is very steep, and goes pretty far back :/ its left me with very sparse ends at the back, which look OK, but feel horrid to me. I've been podering the trim for a week, but going to extend my 2 week wait to a month, just to be sure.

restless
May 9th, 2014, 05:14 AM
Yep, Im another one in the "growing out damage but dont want to chop it all off in one go"- team. If I decided to do that, it´d put me back to almost waist I think and no way... Ive been in the waist-growing-to-hip area for a year now while slowly trimming away damage, its time to move on and reach the next milestone. Oiling with coconut oil (and sometimes avocado oil) has helped my hair tremendously during my hair growing journey that started off with a very abused, layered shoulder length cut. Im just microtrimming every now and then (no schedule for it, but looking back it seems to happen around every 3 months or so) when I get the urge to even up my hemline a little or my ends feel tangly/dry and no oil will help them.

hafattack
May 9th, 2014, 06:42 AM
My patience is running out... it is just taking forever to grow. I feel like makin it past my bum is going to take years. I usually have growth spurts in the summer though so hopefully I will be encouraged

FireFromWithin
May 9th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Hafattack I feel like that too most of the time but I think it is mostly just very frustrating when you've got months and months between reference points you start to feel like its not growing even when it is!

veryhairyfairy
May 9th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Thanks for posting the article I was referring to, LLL. :) It really does a fantastic job of explaining why it's better to microtrim rather than chop. I feel the same way about chopping, I'll never do it again!

In about a month I'll be going out West for the summer, so I'll probably drop off the face of the earth (no home internet). But when I come back in early September I think I'm going to be TBL!!! I have to admit that while I am really excited to hopefully be at such a long length, I'm even more excited about reaching the length so I can start microtrimming. :o

All of us are going to take over the microtrimming and maintaining thread lol!

hafattack
May 9th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Hafattack I feel like that too most of the time but I think it is mostly just very frustrating when you've got months and months between reference points you start to feel like its not growing even when it is!

You're right and I know you're right. I am dreaming of miracle growth and my poor hair has these expectations thrust on it.

DH is growing his beard and yesterday he said
"now I know how you feel."
"What do you mean"
"Every half hour I'm checkin in the mirror going 'has it grown, has it grown?!'" Haha

TrapperCreekD
May 9th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I think I'm going to have to trim at least an inch :( Its my own fault-I shaped the front of my hair, to blend in the bangs I'm growing out, but because the bangs are so short (1 inch longer than chin) and the rest is at BCL, the blending is very steep, and goes pretty far back :/ its left me with very sparse ends at the back, which look OK, but feel horrid to me. I've been pondering the trim for a week, but going to extend my 2 week wait to a month, just to be sure.

I did the exact same thing last year, right about the time I joined LHC. I stupidly cut too far back so I basically had one blunt layer... being wurly helped hide it some but it wasn't pretty, and thinned my already fairytailed ends. :silly: After a couple months I (carefully) trimmed the front of the face-framing bits and now it looks like I totally meant to do that. ;) If it left the ends uneven, you could even it up; otherwise, I say keep the length!

The Kraken
May 9th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Yes oh yes i'm with you there girl !! I am 5" away from tailbone and been well and truly bitten by the growing bug :-D haha I am running , hydrating, taking vitamins and silica complex too....time will tell but its looking good.

LauraLongLocks
May 9th, 2014, 05:47 PM
You're right and I know you're right. I am dreaming of miracle growth and my poor hair has these expectations thrust on it.

DH is growing his beard and yesterday he said
"now I know how you feel."
"What do you mean"
"Every half hour I'm checkin in the mirror going 'has it grown, has it grown?!'" HahaHmm, makes me wonder if a beard grows faster than scalp hair.

veryhairyfairy
May 10th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Whoop whoop! If all goes well I'll be TBL in less than 6 months! (red line marks wrist/TBL)

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af164/veryhairyfairy/length5-10-14tblmarked_zps1dc6906c.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/veryhairyfairy/media/length5-10-14tblmarked_zps1dc6906c.jpg.html)

(and new henna color, it's perfect!)
:disco:

lapushka
May 10th, 2014, 09:52 AM
You'll be sure to hit TBL by Christmas, veryhairyfairy! Looks lovely, BTW! :)

kaydana
May 10th, 2014, 11:38 AM
veryhairyfairy - Oh wow! Your hair colour is absolutely stunning!

veryhairyfairy
May 10th, 2014, 01:29 PM
You'll be sure to hit TBL by Christmas, veryhairyfairy! Looks lovely, BTW! :)
Thank you! :) I'm so excited to reach TBL because I get to start maintaining and getting rid of those see-through ends. I'm not sure whether I'll keep to no trims until the end of the year or start maintaining as soon as I get to TBL... things to think about.

veryhairyfairy - Oh wow! Your hair colour is absolutely stunning!

Oh thank you! :o I just changed my henna color last weekend and I'm so in love with it!

LauraLongLocks
May 11th, 2014, 09:55 AM
veryhairyfairy - beautiful hair! You are making such fast progress towards TBL. Love your color.

veryhairyfairy
May 11th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Thanks, LLL! :o I'm so incredibly happy with the new color and the way it looks against my face!

This is officially the longest my hair has ever been! It's kind of bizarre to see it because I've been on a "don't wear it down or look at it while it's down" personal challenge.

Toffeemonster
May 25th, 2014, 03:54 AM
Time to check in I think!

I'm just scratching hip length! yeeee! I seem to be growing slowly so that snuck up on me. Here's a lil pic but it was taken a month or so ago...if nothing else it shows my hair condition has improved, all thanks to LHC :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11021&d=1400498044

Dessi
May 25th, 2014, 06:11 AM

I'm just scratching hip length! yeeee! I seem to be growing slowly so that snuck up on me. Here's a lil pic but it was taken a month or so ago...if nothing else it shows my hair condition has improved, all thanks to LHC :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11021&d=1400498044
Beautiful! It looks to me like you're at BCL or at least very close. o.o How many inches/cm is your hair?

lapushka
May 25th, 2014, 06:45 AM

Looks like you're well on your way!

veryhairyfairy
May 25th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Looking sleek and shiny and gorgeous, Toffeemonster, what a beautiful color you have! :thumbsup: And definitely closer to BCL than hip, like Dessi said!

Barring some crazy accident, I'll definitely make it to TBL by the end of the year, and I'm already planning my celebratory "TBL and 4.0 semester #3 (I hope)" hairtoy.

Is anyone else planning a present for themselves or some other kind of celebration upon reaching TBL?

lapushka
May 25th, 2014, 08:46 AM
Is anyone else planning a present for themselves or some other kind of celebration upon reaching TBL?

:hmm: Hadn't thought of that... the possibilities... :lol:

StickyMane
May 25th, 2014, 09:11 AM
I'm at HL now, so I should be at TBL by Christmas, probably passed it by a tiny bit by then.

FireFromWithin
May 25th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I'm getting so many split ends! I've even used some coney shampoo and condish to try and help. I think the last scissors I bought were dud and I need to get some more that are sharper. Or I'll need to take an inch or so off and I risk not getting to TBL!

Toffeemonster
May 25th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the compliments. I'm terrible at measuring my hair, it came out at 34.6 inches when i checked yesterday, that is with pulling it straight. The other day I checked against my hip and it seemed just about hip, today it seemed about a cm past hip, so I'm not sure. I might have to rope the OH in to measure, as I don't feel I do it properly as I get inconsistent results. It is definitely a ways to BCL though, I've done the nudey measuring to check :P

Aww Firefromwithin, that sucks! I know all to well how you feel *hugs*.

TrapperCreekD
May 31st, 2014, 09:18 PM

I am! My reward for getting to TBL will be finally getting to even up my hemline, and giving myself a V hem. The jury's still out on whether or not I'll add layers. I'm getting my mom a flexi for her birthday in August, plus one for myself, so depending on how well the coffee experiment keeps working, the flexi will either be a reward or encouragement.

Quasiquixotic
June 1st, 2014, 12:44 AM
Whoop whoop! If all goes well I'll be TBL in less than 6 months! (red line marks wrist/TBL)

http://i1004.photobucket.com/albums/af164/veryhairyfairy/length5-10-14tblmarked_zps1dc6906c.jpg (http://s1004.photobucket.com/user/veryhairyfairy/media/length5-10-14tblmarked_zps1dc6906c.jpg.html)

(and new henna color, it's perfect!)
:disco:

Wow! I don't normally groove on super red hair but this is divine!

Rio040113
June 1st, 2014, 05:31 AM
Well it seems I'm now 1" past BCL length :D Pretty sure I have 1.5" to TBL, hoping to be there by Halloween. Out of curiosity, is a picture showing like 1" of buttcrack (cropped to hide the rest) okay or is it better to just draw a line of to mark it over clothes?? Genuinely not sure if an inch of buttcrack is over the line at this point compared to some pictures I've seen on here :lol: Opinions?

lapushka
June 1st, 2014, 07:03 AM
I'm getting so many split ends! I've even used some coney shampoo and condish to try and help. I think the last scissors I bought were dud and I need to get some more that are sharper. Or I'll need to take an inch or so off and I risk not getting to TBL!

That's terrible! What kind of scissors do you have? Might be worth replacing, and if it's not the scissors... that's even worse. Maybe dust the ends some, or S&D heavily?

Well it seems I'm now 1" past BCL length :D Pretty sure I have 1.5" to TBL, hoping to be there by Halloween. Out of curiosity, is a picture showing like 1" of buttcrack (cropped to hide the rest) okay or is it better to just draw a line of to mark it over clothes?? Genuinely not sure if an inch of buttcrack is over the line at this point compared to some pictures I've seen on here :lol: Opinions?

Congrats on your progress.

veryhairyfairy
June 1st, 2014, 08:54 AM
I am! My reward for getting to TBL will be finally getting to even up my hemline, and giving myself a V hem. The jury's still out on whether or not I'll add layers. I'm getting my mom a flexi for her birthday in August, plus one for myself, so depending on how well the coffee experiment keeps working, the flexi will either be a reward or encouragement.
That's a great way to celebrate! Hah! You can't go wrong either way with a hairtoy purchase! Either it encourages you to keep growing so you can buy more, or it's a celebration of how much you've grown, or both! :thumbsup:

Wow! I don't normally groove on super red hair but this is divine!
:o Thank you!!!

LOL, I have no idea! :lol: I'm definitely not offended by the idea, but(t) you may want to avoid possible trouble and just paint in the line over clothing. Congrats on your length! You'll be TBL super soon!

Rio040113
June 1st, 2014, 12:39 PM
Congrats on your progress.

Thank you :D

LOL, I have no idea! :lol: I'm definitely not offended by the idea, but(t) you may want to avoid possible trouble and just paint in the line over clothing. Congrats on your length! You'll be TBL super soon!

That's what I was thinking lol! I've seen pictures of memebers with no shirts/pants (no anything in some cases) or but their hair covered anything and everything so technically... hmm... I think I'll play it safe and try and get a decent clothed length shot next time I wash my hair, you all better prepare yourselves for my mad paint skills ;) :lol: Thank you! I'm wondering just how close to Classic I'll be by Christmas... imagine! You must be about the same length as me surely? You looked mighty close to TBL last time I saw a picture :D

veryhairyfairy
June 2nd, 2014, 08:41 AM
Thank you :D

That's what I was thinking lol! I've seen pictures of memebers with no shirts/pants (no anything in some cases) or but their hair covered anything and everything so technically... hmm... I think I'll play it safe and try and get a decent clothed length shot next time I wash my hair, you all better prepare yourselves for my mad paint skills ;) :lol: Thank you! I'm wondering just how close to Classic I'll be by Christmas... imagine! You must be about the same length as me surely? You looked mighty close to TBL last time I saw a picture :D

You could also just 'paint' some clothing over the exposed area, too, so you don't have to worry about where exactly BCL is under your clothing.
I think you're about an inch ahead of me in length, so we're right there together! :D I could definitely see you very near (or even at) classic by Christmas, wouldn't that be amazing?!? (I may not hold out that long on the no-trims challenge, it's up to my ends)

Rio040113
June 2nd, 2014, 03:47 PM
You could also just 'paint' some clothing over the exposed area, too, so you don't have to worry about where exactly BCL is under your clothing.
I think you're about an inch ahead of me in length, so we're right there together! :D I could definitely see you very near (or even at) classic by Christmas, wouldn't that be amazing?!? (I may not hold out that long on the no-trims challenge, it's up to my ends)

Ooh, that could work... Aww yay, we should both be hitting TBL soon then! I'm so so excited for Classic, I think at Christmas I'll be around 2" away from it... So near and yet so far :lol: I think at Classic my hair will feel 'properly' long, or I hope it will anyway ha. I'm planning on a 0.5"-1" trim around New Years, depending on how my ends are doing :) My ends have decided to gain some kind of random flick/wannabe waves lately, no idea what they're up to!

veryhairyfairy
June 3rd, 2014, 08:47 AM
Ooh, that could work... Aww yay, we should both be hitting TBL soon then! I'm so so excited for Classic, I think at Christmas I'll be around 2" away from it... So near and yet so far :lol: I think at Classic my hair will feel 'properly' long, or I hope it will anyway ha. I'm planning on a 0.5"-1" trim around New Years, depending on how my ends are doing :) My ends have decided to gain some kind of random flick/wannabe waves lately, no idea what they're up to!

They've become long enough to have sentient thoughts! :silly:
It'll be awesome to get to TBL before the end of the year, and then I might just continue on with no trims til the end of the year, and do my big chop back up to TBL. I'm looking forward to watching all my challenge peeps continue growing while I maintain at TBL for at least a year!

Looking forward to your pics! :D

TrapperCreekD
June 13th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Getting closer to TBL! :hollie: I checked while I was washing, and the left racer hairs are right at wrist/TBL!

Lady Una
June 13th, 2014, 10:33 PM
Maybe...maybe...just maybe I can get to TBL by Christmas. I'm an inch above hip and a short person, and my hair grows pretty fast. :)

lapushka
June 14th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Getting closer to TBL! :hollie: I checked while I was washing, and the left racer hairs are right at wrist/TBL!

Oooh, exciting! :D Almost there!

Maybe...maybe...just maybe I can get to TBL by Christmas. I'm an inch above hip and a short person, and my hair grows pretty fast. :)

Why not? In any case, you can see how far you get!

FireFromWithin
June 16th, 2014, 08:01 AM
That's terrible! What kind of scissors do you have? Might be worth replacing, and if it's not the scissors... that's even worse. Maybe dust the ends some, or S&D

I bought them off amazon and they seemed good. I got some boots ones as replacement and did one S&D and I've been avoiding as much as possible. Hair seems to be alright but the ends are becoming Velcroy again. Clarified this morning (technically just used heavy sulphate shampoo) and had to put my hair up before it was dry so I'll see if it's better tonight but they've been clumping and catching when I braid my hair which could also just be because it's longer than before.

My braid is very tapered at the end and I feel like I may need to start micro trimming as there's lots of leakage from the braid but I'm scared of causing more splits with the scissors especially when I can just bun and ignore it. I'll probably go for a trim in the summer which may mean I miss TBL by Christmas. I've got about 3 inches to go and realistically I need 2-3 inches off to get back to virgin ends. It's so difficult to decide!

lapushka
June 16th, 2014, 08:56 AM
I'll probably go for a trim in the summer which may mean I miss TBL by Christmas. I've got about 3 inches to go and realistically I need 2-3 inches off to get back to virgin ends. It's so difficult to decide!

That *is* a difficult decision. Anyway, you do what you think is best, and if that's trimming then so be it. Plenty of chances to get to TBL, if not by Christmas, then by another date in the future. :)

leilani
June 16th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I guess I need to join here! I don't know how realistic tailbone is from where I'm at now, that's about 3.5" growth from now and I'm 32"....well it is possible! I'm also starting to henna which is supposed to solve a lot of my scalp issues, and they say a healthy scalp leads to better growing, healthier hair, right? So that might help if my scalp is getting in better shape from the henna and overall better care. Let's see.

Scissor recommendations, that's a good one. I want some amazing scissors I can take with me like on my keychain so I can S&D at red lights because THAT IS THE ONLY TIME I CAN FIND THEM! SO annoying because of course I never have scissors in the car.

lapushka
June 16th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Scissor recommendations, that's a good one. I want some amazing scissors I can take with me like on my keychain so I can S&D at red lights because THAT IS THE ONLY TIME I CAN FIND THEM! SO annoying because of course I never have scissors in the car.

Some tinier embroidery scissors can be of help. They are really sharp and nicely suited to S&D. Like these ones:
http://www.bamboo-knitting-centre.com/ekmps/shops/yngvarion/images/3.5-inch-stork-embroidery-scissors-by-premax-7125-x28-without-box-x29-%5B2%5D-99-p.jpg

cathair
June 16th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Some tinier embroidery scissors can be of help. They are really sharp and nicely suited to S&D. Like these ones:
http://www.bamboo-knitting-centre.com/ekmps/shops/yngvarion/images/3.5-inch-stork-embroidery-scissors-by-premax-7125-x28-without-box-x29-%5B2%5D-99-p.jpg

I have these scissors! I must have really abused them because they are the bluntest pair I own now :D

lapushka
June 16th, 2014, 07:01 PM
I have these scissors! I must have really abused them because they are the bluntest pair I own now :D

LOL, that sure isn't the way to go! :lol:

JadedByEntropy
June 17th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I broke a streak of over a year and did a microtrim, [love the results] but I'm hiding the scissors and in for the looong hair. :cheese:

TrapperCreekD
June 17th, 2014, 10:12 PM

Teh Stork scissors! I have a pair of these (actually a gift from a family friend whose last name is Stork :laugh:) and I can't imagine S&Ding with anything else, they're the perfect size for my hands.

I broke a streak of over a year and did a microtrim, [love the results] but I'm hiding the scissors and in for the looong hair. :cheese:

Your avatar looks amazingly thick. :crush: How far into iii are you, if you don't mind me asking?

JadedByEntropy
June 17th, 2014, 11:40 PM
TrapperCreekD I'm a 4.5" [11.5cm] ponytail; I just re-checked. I have shed about 2cm from stress. I don't entirely miss the volume, and I'm a little worried it might come back thicker. Does that happen???
That avatar braid was a 3 strand using the reverse idea of a herringbone... so each turn borrowed and recycled most of my hair. It had to be really short, but held up pretty good.

FireFromWithin
June 18th, 2014, 01:02 AM
I've ordered a pair of stork scissors from John Lewis (£6 does that sound right? We're cheaper than amazon anyway) and a new tangle teaser as the tines of mine are quite bent and broken. Excitingly this is the first thing I've ordered to my new house! I'm trying to fully switch over today but it means moving a mattress so I may have to wait for Saturday when my parents are here to help with their big car. Lol.

VJG
June 29th, 2014, 02:58 PM
So, not trimming has been doing the trick. I'm maybe 1/2" off from tailbone while my hair is wet! :D Dry, my length changes drastically by the day, depending on the wavies or lack thereof. :rolleyes:

lapushka
June 29th, 2014, 03:22 PM
The thing to measure whether you're TBL is when you sit down and the hair hits the chair, right? Well I'm about 1 and a half inches away from TBL when measured effectively to the tailbone, but it's about 6 inches to the edge of the seat. What gives? Oh gosh, maybe I have a big bum. :oops:

Dessi
June 29th, 2014, 03:30 PM
The thing to measure whether you're TBL is when you sit down and the hair hits the chair, right? Well I'm about 1 and a half inches away from TBL when measured effectively to the tailbone, but it's about 6 inches to the edge of the seat. What gives? Oh gosh, maybe I have a big bum. :oops:

I still have 4-5 inches to go but I can say my hair wouldn't touch the chair even if my hair was at tailbone. I mean I have atleast 3 inches from my tailbone to the edge of the chair.

VJG
June 30th, 2014, 05:50 PM
I thought tailbone was at the actual tip of the tailbone. For me, my hair would not touch my seat at that length. Maybe I've been measuring it wrong? But, people don't sit directly on their tailbones.

lapushka
June 30th, 2014, 06:00 PM
I thought tailbone was at the actual tip of the tailbone. For me, my hair would not touch my seat at that length. Maybe I've been measuring it wrong? But, people don't sit directly on their tailbones.

I can't recall who first said that TBL equals your hair touching the seat, but it was someone on LHC! I know that much. It doesn't add up, though. Not for me, at least, and not for a few others as well, so it's probably safe to say that that assumption is wrong.

Beborani
June 30th, 2014, 06:06 PM
After poking around a bit and not getting a consistent spot for TB i decided to try this. I did not realize how easy it is to measure the distance from edge of seat to tip of hair relatively accurately-- I can stretch the hair and use comb to measure. Turns out I am 3.5 inches away from tippy tip--maybe I will scrape by by December or will just call it anyway if it is close enough!

JadedByEntropy
June 30th, 2014, 06:17 PM
I thought seat touching was classic? My tail bone is much higher than that, and I've got nothin down there. You sit on the pelvis not the tailbone.. er at least youre supposed to.*corrects posture*
I've got 8" to chair, 5" to tailbone. Am I not gonna make it?!?!!? :violin:

lapushka
June 30th, 2014, 06:29 PM
I've still got one inch and a half to go. I'll probably make it by September, which is what I thought it would be. If not, maybe October or November. November is when I started no trimming last year, so if by then I can for sure make it, I'll be happy. So very happy!

TrapperCreekD
July 1st, 2014, 03:06 PM
Question for the wavies and curlies: are you planning on claiming TBL wet or dry?

FireFromWithin
July 1st, 2014, 03:11 PM
If you sit back you sit on your TB. Because that's where we had to be for some of the dance exercises I did when I was younger and it hurt after a few mins of sitting!

I trimmed a couple of centimetres and now it feels short again! I'm going out on Friday and I'm straightening my hair for it so I'll take a picture then to confirm length but I think its only just hip again. I've probably got a good 3 inches to go still and it feels so far away!

lapushka
July 1st, 2014, 03:32 PM
Question for the wavies and curlies: are you planning on claiming TBL wet or dry?

Dry. Wavy. Is my thinking now. We always measure on day 1 hair, when it's still pretty wavy, but we measure stretched. :)

Beborani
July 1st, 2014, 03:37 PM
If not anything else I have started watching my posture searching for these elusive markers--at my age that is more important than hair length. :) It takes about a year to claim each marker dry--so for now Tb will be wet/dry stretched and then hang around until it feels long enough.

Heavy Raindrops
July 2nd, 2014, 08:29 PM
Have reached hip length, so I think I'll make it to tailbone soon. Need a tiny trim though. :)

LadyCelestina
July 3rd, 2014, 03:03 AM
Just checking back to say I'll reach TBL-stretched in a month or so :) As I said a lot of pages back in this thread - I will reach tbl earlier than Christmas with stretched hair,but probably won't reach TBL by Christmas with curls.

So,I'm halfway there :D And maybe I'll get to make a similar post in some future TBL by Christmas 2015 thread :D

restless
July 23rd, 2014, 08:15 AM
For the past couple of days I´ve had this crazy itch to cut off all the last of the previously dyed and fried ends. Its so, so tempting and Ive reached for the scissors several times only to stop myself in the very last minute. It would nice to be completely dye free and have a thick (well, as thich as ii-hair can be, that is) hemline. The catch? Well, it would set me back from more-or-less-BCL to waist... I just cant do that, its a years growth. And my ends, even though they´ve been through abuse in the past, dont appear damaged. They´re soft and have very few splits after years of LHC babying. The hemline isnt even uneven, its just that they´re thinner than the virgin hair and it bothers me right now.

I tried to cure the itch with a sparkly hairpin and coconut oil for today... I dont know how long that´ll work though, so I came to this thread to whine a little and remind myself of the fact that I have a goal of reaching TBL this year and I am NOT giving that up (it would be nice with some moral support and chocolate too ;) )

How´s everybody else doing? We have 5 months to go, will you reach the goal?

lapushka
July 23rd, 2014, 09:17 AM
I have "a big inch" to go. Like an inch and a bit (not quite a quarter of an inch). Yay. If I don't stall, I can get there (I think) by the end of September. Maybe that's optimistic, I don't know. :lol:

BlackRedRaven
July 23rd, 2014, 09:35 AM
About one 1cm to go (which will probably take 2 month) and than i finally reach TBL!! Or is it more than 1cm, what do you think?

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3846/14721239715_c612db1824_c.jpg

lapushka
July 23rd, 2014, 11:01 AM
About one 1cm to go (which will probably take 2 month) and than i finally reach TBL!! Or is it more than 1cm, what do you think?

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3846/14721239715_c612db1824_c.jpg

I can't really tell by this picture, but you look like you're about there. Maybe yes, 1cm as you said.

BlackRedRaven
July 23rd, 2014, 11:06 AM
It looks different in every picture i have... here i would guess it looks already as TBL, but it does not feel like it is :]
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5564/14715932414_3c6ef22de1_z.jpg

bunzfan
July 23rd, 2014, 11:47 AM
It looks different in every picture i have... here i would guess it looks already as TBL, but it does not feel like it is :]

You really do look like you are their, gorgeous hair.

restless
July 24th, 2014, 12:43 AM
I have "a big inch" to go. Like an inch and a bit (not quite a quarter of an inch). Yay. If I don't stall, I can get there (I think) by the end of September.

Only "a big inch" (lol :D ) left? Thats not bad at all, Im sure you´ll make it by September, or maybe even earlier if you get a summer growth spurt. Fingers crossed!

Your hair is lovely :) You are way ahead of the schedule though! It looks like youre already there and ready to graduate from this thread.

FireFromWithin
July 24th, 2014, 01:20 AM
I'm debating whether I need to bow out of this thread. It feels like I've been at hip for ages but measuring shows that straight I 'should' reach TBL by Christmas. I did a small trim and it set me back nearly an inch, I think that's what is skewing my judgement. I feel like I'll get to TBL and then trim back to BCL repeatedly until all the bleech and damage is gone before growing on but it's hard to stay away from the scissors before then and this thread is one of my main motivators for not cutting.

lapushka
July 24th, 2014, 08:49 AM

I think you can safely call it!!! :D

Only "a big inch" (lol :D ) left? Thats not bad at all, Im sure you´ll make it by September, or maybe even earlier if you get a summer growth spurt. Fingers crossed!

Yes, fingers crossed. Hoping for that growth spurt, most assuredly!

I'm debating whether I need to bow out of this thread. It feels like I've been at hip for ages but measuring shows that straight I 'should' reach TBL by Christmas. I did a small trim and it set me back nearly an inch, I think that's what is skewing my judgement. I feel like I'll get to TBL and then trim back to BCL repeatedly until all the bleech and damage is gone before growing on but it's hard to stay away from the scissors before then and this thread is one of my main motivators for not cutting.

If this thread is a big motivator, then by all means stay, even though you're trimming and might not make it. It will still get you further along than you initially thought. And what's so bad about that? :D :flower:

Tini'sNewHair
July 24th, 2014, 08:00 PM
I will join this thread with the HUGE HOPE that i can make it to TBL or very close by. I'm touching hip now with a good growth rate so maybe, just maybe I can be at TBL as well but we will see. I can at least HOPE, right?! :D

Neptune
July 24th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Joining the party ~ bringing wine :) I'm between waist and hip now (at 31") so should possiblyyy be at tailbone around Christmas!! Yay!

restless
July 24th, 2014, 11:59 PM
Tini´sNewHair With your super growth rate Im sure you can do it! :)
Neptune Oh wine to the cheese and the chocolate? Welcome to the party! :bottomsup:

TrapperCreekD
July 25th, 2014, 12:41 PM

Looks TBL to me. I love your triple ombre; you must have some gorgeous variegated updos!

I'm getting closer! Here's a photo from around the first of July (please excuse the over-oiledness!) and the left side is brushing CICT TBL. :joy:

http://i.imgur.com/VByD8Rr.png

queenovnight
July 27th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Hm, I should probably withdraw from this thread xD I don't think I'll be hitting a solid TBL by Christmas. Either 1. It'll be a near miss! or 2. I'll be just scrapping it. - Since I stopped trimming, my FTE's have come in a pretty full force. My wispy ends have already hit BCL, but I don't want to call it until it's solid.

BlackRedRaven,
I adore your hair!

TrapperCreekD,
Your hair is gorgeous! It looks super healthy o.o

lapushka
July 27th, 2014, 06:55 PM
TrapperCreekD, looks to me like you can call it! :D

Tini'sNewHair
July 27th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Haha I sure hope so restless :) fingers crossed for both of us. BlackRedRaven your hair is stunning certainly at tbl congrats. TrapperCreekDI also call tbl for you as well, such beautiful hair! Congrats

cathair
July 27th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Stretched and wet I'm sure my longest bit of hair is there now, rather than me thinking maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I think even dry with oiled end it *might* be. $#%& knows when it will ever look there wavy though! Seeing my ends is always problematic :D I think I will have to take another photo sitting down and check soon :)

JadedByEntropy
July 30th, 2014, 04:21 PM
I'll be changing to sit-down photos next month when I reach hip :D I'm barely going to make it, but I'm determined I still will. :D

Congratulations TrapperCreekD!!!!

Elven_Escapist
July 31st, 2014, 07:28 PM
I have a good inch and half until my hair reaches TBL, when wet only an inch, but I'm thinking I can make it by Christmas! :D

lunalocks
July 31st, 2014, 07:51 PM
Good news! On Jan 3rd I posted that I was at 38 inches and had 3 to go to TB. Well now, not quite 7 months later, I am at 42 inches. I hit TB about a month ago. I can't believe I have grown 4 inches in 7 months. The previous year I grew 0 due to trims. I gave up trims. None since Jan. I S and D and do a catnip soak and leave in for the ends and lightly oil ends with baby oil nightly. I have had my hair up every day. This no trimming and catnip that prevents breakage and protective up dos have really, really helped me gain length.

So I will bid you farewell. Enjoy the brie and Merlot I am leaving behind. The truffles, too. May you all grow exceedingly fast and far.

PraiseCheeses
July 31st, 2014, 10:37 PM
Congrats, lunalocks! Thanks for sharing what helped you break the TB barrier. :)

*reaches for Brie and truffles*

*...and maybe some Merlot too*

leilani
August 1st, 2014, 03:52 AM
Count me in amongst the dying to trim ends but dying for length club. My ends are annoying and so much thinner but I already took half an inch to an inch off and there's no unhealthy ends there so I ought to leave them be and chop them to thicken up my hemlime at some distant date in the future, if ever they show white dots or splits... I want to gain length and get solidly away from waist, but...I love a non-see-through hemline! So so torn...

lapushka
August 1st, 2014, 05:00 AM
Good news! On Jan 3rd I posted that I was at 38 inches and had 3 to go to TB. Well now, not quite 7 months later, I am at 42 inches. I hit TB about a month ago. I can't believe I have grown 4 inches in 7 months. The previous year I grew 0 due to trims. I gave up trims. None since Jan. I S and D and do a catnip soak and leave in for the ends and lightly oil ends with baby oil nightly. I have had my hair up every day. This no trimming and catnip that prevents breakage and protective up dos have really, really helped me gain length.

So I will bid you farewell. Enjoy the brie and Merlot I am leaving behind. The truffles, too. May you all grow exceedingly fast and far.

Congratulations! :D Woohoo. Enjoy your newly acquired length! :D :cheer:

Dessi
August 1st, 2014, 05:37 AM
Is it possible for my hair to grow another 5 inches until the end of the year? :D I usually get 6-7 inches for one year (with my micro trims) and by now my hair has grown 3 inches so I may be close to TBL by the end of the year. But I think I'll be at BCL by Christmas. I have 2-3 inches until BCL. Oh, I really have to stop hoping for TBL. :( :( :(

TrapperCreekD
August 1st, 2014, 11:43 AM
Hang in there! Have you looked into the Inversion Method or caffeine/coffee rinses?

Congrats to the graduatee! :toast: I'll probably officially call this month after my length check-in next week, but comes the decision: do I reward myself with the end-evening trim I promised myself, or grow to the of the year and then cut, since I also decided to participate in the no trims for 2014 challenge?

lunalocks
August 1st, 2014, 12:36 PM
Thanks for all the congrats! Trapper creek, leilani, my ends are thin, too. I had thought of staying at TB and microtrimming but I really, really want to get to classic. So I hope to maintain there for a while to thicken up ends, OR cut back to TB and then grow it out with thicker ends. I am positive the thin ends are due to damage from 5 years ago and still growing out. The last 6 to 8 inches are pretty thin compared to the rest of my hair, but the extra length is great for bunning and since I have my hair up all of the time, why cut it now? That's how I reason away cutting at this stage.

Komao
August 1st, 2014, 03:30 PM
Hang in there! Have you looked into the Inversion Method or caffeine/coffee rinses?

Congrats to the graduatee! :toast: I'll probably officially call this month after my length check-in next week, but comes the decision: do I reward myself with the end-evening trim I promised myself, or grow to the of the year and then cut, since I also decided to participate in the no trims for 2014 challenge?

I would grow till end of year. Your hair does look really healthy but you know how it feels and that's a good indicator if you need to trim or not. Congratulations to you and all that have reached their goals. :beerchug:
I'm still hoping I can make it by end of this year but if I don't I'll be a lot closer than at beginning of this year. I've learned to relax and enjoy the journey and than when I do reach my goal, I'll be celebrating!

restless
August 2nd, 2014, 04:26 AM
Not only am I restless but Im also hopeless :shake:

I caved in and trimmed off my sad-looking ends the other day so now Im back in the hip/hip+ area for the umpteenth time. I really tried to resist and cure the urge to cut with deep treatments, pretty hairtoys and by hiding the scissors, but in the end I couldnt fool myself. So, I trimmed off about 3-4 centimeters with Feys self trimming method and that left my hemline in a soft U-shape.

I have to admit it does look a lot better, but I guess Im not really in this challenge anymore, I dont think I can grow like 10 centimeters in 5 months. BCL when dry for Christmas 2014 is a more realistic goal I think. However, I like this thread and Im always up for a challenge (hey, I could still get a crazy summer growth spurt... or autumn growth spurt... or Christmas food growth spurt... or something) so I´ll stick around anyway.

leilani
August 2nd, 2014, 05:45 AM
I cut another inch off my sad bottom layer. I'll never shake having waist length hair. Sigh.
I must say that it looks great now.
Maybe hip with great ends is a more realistic Christmas goal....

lapushka
August 2nd, 2014, 06:09 PM
I cut another inch off my sad bottom layer. I'll never shake having waist length hair. Sigh.
I must say that it looks great now.
Maybe hip with great ends is a more realistic Christmas goal....

Maintaining at waist for a bit might not be a bad idea, and hip for Christmas is a nice goal to have as well! :flower:

BlackRedRaven
August 3rd, 2014, 09:06 AM
So... i will stay some more time here. just cut about 1.5inches and my hair grows sooooo incredibly slow, i hope i will recht TBL until the end of the year, but i don't think so.

lapushka
August 3rd, 2014, 09:24 AM
So... i will stay some more time here. just cut about 1.5inches and my hair grows sooooo incredibly slow, i hope i will recht TBL until the end of the year, but i don't think so.

Who knows. You might surprise yourself? ;) How much length do you still have to gain?

BlackRedRaven
August 3rd, 2014, 09:30 AM
5cm / a bit more than 2'' ... but may hair usually grows just about 0.5cm every month, so i will have to see. It's possible, but i will not believe it until i made it to TBL ^^

lapushka
August 3rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
5cm / a bit more than 2'' ... but may hair usually grows just about 0.5cm every month, so i will have to see. It's possible, but i will not believe it until i made it to TBL ^^

Let's hope you get there! And if not, you might still have made it to BCL. Milestone in and of itself. ;) :)

leilani
August 4th, 2014, 05:38 AM
I'm just so hooked on my uber sharp scissors and how amazing my ends feel after being trimmed! I don't think there are any splits or white dots at all, not using anything damaging on my

leilani
August 4th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Hair in the last five months. Staying away from bleach does wonders for your ends APL and longer.

I am am loving my layers but sort of want a thick hemline.... well until my new growth and bangs and previously bleached hair grows out, layers are best for thick ends and blending...

bunzfan
August 4th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Still at hip but with nicer ends as i cut most of the damage out in may which took me just above waist..its now just back at hip thats a lot of growth and it was the end of may so not quite three months yet.I dont intend on trimming as the ends look so much healthier even two months later previously i would of had dots galore!! i've only seen the odd one and thats on the damaged bits i have left i'm going to s & d and see if i can get near bcl by december i've never made it beyond hip i seem to crave thick ends and with my hair type fine/medium strands thats a bit unrealistic and, as i wear it up all day no one actually see's it, i could just micro trim once i get to bcl.

I think for me going from hip- tbl is too a big a challenge so i just end up cutting out of frustration,boredom and wanting healthy un split ends so if i go for bcl first that is much more attainable right now i am "just hip" wavy so thats some pretty awesome growth considering i was only just waist two months ago, i've been drinking much more water i wonder if that has something to do with it apart from totally ignoring it too :cool:

When i looked the other day i only found 1 split end, i think my holy grail honey and banana conditioner probably has something to do with that its so moisturizing but doesn't weigh it down either.

Éowyn_GreyEyes
August 4th, 2014, 11:41 AM
It seems like waist/hip to TBL is such a long way even in a year... My hair grows so slow and the strands are thin and break/split soooo easily that I go in for 1/2 inch trim about every 8-9 months :( I would love to think I can make it to TBL but realistically I'm thinking a solid hip.... I'm about an inch past waist in a U hem trying to grow out straight across bangs (an inch past chin at this point)... Any thoughts for SLOW growers?

JadedByEntropy
August 6th, 2014, 01:15 AM
Éowyn_GreyEyes
- I've considered cutting 'growing out' bangs for framing layers. I think they look great with long hair. Not really advice, but I'm happy for your commitment and success with getting them into the purposeful range. :D

lapushka
August 6th, 2014, 09:09 AM
It seems like waist/hip to TBL is such a long way even in a year... My hair grows so slow and the strands are thin and break/split soooo easily that I go in for 1/2 inch trim about every 8-9 months :( I would love to think I can make it to TBL but realistically I'm thinking a solid hip.... I'm about an inch past waist in a U hem trying to grow out straight across bangs (an inch past chin at this point)... Any thoughts for SLOW growers?

Yes, set realistic goals. If you're just past waist now, and the year is nearly over, there's little chance you're going to be TBL by Christmas.

Éowyn_GreyEyes
August 6th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Éowyn_GreyEyes
- I've considered cutting 'growing out' bangs for framing layers. I think they look great with long hair. Not really advice, but I'm happy for your commitment and success with getting them into the purposeful range. :D

Thats exactly what i have :) thats also why the U is there... To blend in those pesky bangs hahaha thank you!

Éowyn_GreyEyes
August 6th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Yes, set realistic goals. If you're just past waist now, and the year is nearly over, there's little chance you're going to be TBL by Christmas.

My thoughts exactly :P maybe TBL for next Christmas 2015 haha

AmberJewel
August 6th, 2014, 04:39 PM
I've been trying to keep my little bubble of hope from bursting, but I think it's days are numbered. I finally achieved a solid hip, but tailbone it's still 6" away. Not very likely that I'll be there by Christmas. (Weeps inconsolably). Looks like next year's goal is already set! Hopefully I'll be able to surpass it by next Christmas. The happy bubble is revived! :bow:

lapushka
August 6th, 2014, 05:09 PM
My thoughts exactly :P maybe TBL for next Christmas 2015 haha

I've been trying to keep my little bubble of hope from bursting, but I think it's days are numbered. I finally achieved a solid hip, but tailbone it's still 6" away. Not very likely that I'll be there by Christmas. (Weeps inconsolably). Looks like next year's goal is already set! Hopefully I'll be able to surpass it by next Christmas. The happy bubble is revived! :bow:

Next year, for the both of you is much more "real" of a goal, and I think there's already a thread started for this. Yes there is, here it is:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=122665

Caraid♫
August 6th, 2014, 05:11 PM
I was hoping for tbl by the end of summer, but with all the microtrimming I like to do, I think I'm safer to aim for Christmas, and then be happy if it comes sooner :)
I'm not sure if I'm underestimating the length of tbl- I've heard that tbl and bcl are basically the same length, and I've also read that tbl is actually when hair touches the seat you're sitting on which is a few inches of difference between those two points. I'm not too picky about exact measurements, I'll probably just call tbl when it looks somewhere in that ballpark between the two :)

LongCurlyTress
August 6th, 2014, 05:26 PM
I was hoping for tbl by the end of summer, but with all the microtrimming I like to do, I think I'm safer to aim for Christmas, and then be happy if it comes sooner :)
I'm not sure if I'm underestimating the length of tbl- I've heard that tbl and bcl are basically the same length, and I've also read that tbl is actually when hair touches the seat you're sitting on which is a few inches of difference between those two points. I'm not too picky about exact measurements, I'll probably just call tbl when it looks somewhere in that ballpark between the two :)

Hi Caraid,
I know you aren't into measuring but... just thought I would put in my two cents and share a measuring trick I learned to see how far we are from tbl. So, sitting on a hard chair take a ruler and with your left hand, pull down your hair towards the chair seat. With your right hand, hold the 1 on the ruler against the chair seat, right up against your backside and touching the chair seat. Then holding your hair down on top of the ruler, pinch the ends of your hair against the ruler and this should give you how many inches you are from tbl. I still have 6 inches to go... but at least I know the reality of the situation now, pending of course, any 1/2 inch trims I might need to do to trim off my longest layers on my hemline. :rolleyes:

LongCurlyTress
August 6th, 2014, 05:57 PM

Hi AmberJewel, (pretty name, btw :) I am exactly where you are, 6 inches from tbl. We can do this!!! ;) Xmas 2015!!:popcorn:

LongCurlyTress
August 6th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Still at hip but with nicer ends as i cut most of the damage out in may which took me just above waist..its now just back at hip thats a lot of growth and it was the end of may so not quite three months yet.I dont intend on trimming as the ends look so much healthier even two months later previously i would of had dots galore!! i've only seen the odd one and thats on the damaged bits i have left i'm going to s & d and see if i can get near bcl by december i've never made it beyond hip i seem to crave thick ends and with my hair type fine/medium strands thats a bit unrealistic and, as i wear it up all day no one actually see's it, i could just micro trim once i get to bcl.

I think for me going from hip- tbl is too a big a challenge so i just end up cutting out of frustration,boredom and wanting healthy un split ends so if i go for bcl first that is much more attainable right now i am "just hip" wavy so thats some pretty awesome growth considering i was only just waist two months ago, i've been drinking much more water i wonder if that has something to do with it apart from totally ignoring it too :cool:

When i looked the other day i only found 1 split end, i think my holy grail honey and banana conditioner probably has something to do with that its so moisturizing but doesn't weigh it down either.

Woot! Woot! Woot!! Nice going bunzfan! Happy for you!! I measured (ruler from hemline to chair seat) and I am 6 inches from tbl so.... maybe by xmas 2015 hoping so anyways! :whistle:

Caraid♫
August 6th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Hi Caraid,
I know you aren't into measuring but... just thought I would put in my two cents and share a measuring trick I learned to see how far we are from tbl. So, sitting on a hard chair take a ruler and with your left hand, pull down your hair towards the chair seat. With your right hand, hold the 1 on the ruler against the chair seat, right up against your backside and touching the chair seat. Then holding your hair down on top of the ruler, pinch the ends of your hair against the ruler and this should give you how many inches you are from tbl. I still have 6 inches to go... but at least I know the reality of the situation now, pending of course, any 1/2 inch trims I might need to do to trim off my longest layers on my hemline. :rolleyes:

oh no, with this method I'm 3 whole inches away! I had guestimated an inch or two! :laugh: (if I did it right) Oh well, it's ok- I recently reached a length that I actually really like and finally feels somewhat "long" to me, so while I still want to make it to tbl and beyond, I'm not in so much of a hurry like I used to be now that I enjoy my length :D If in the future I decide I don't like longer lengths, I would be ok to chop back to my current lenth (but hopefully I will like the longer lengths!)

Éowyn_GreyEyes
August 6th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Next year, for the both of you is much more "real" of a goal, and I think there's already a thread started for this. Yes there is, here it is:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=122665

Oo thank you *w*

LongCurlyTress
August 6th, 2014, 08:46 PM
oh no, with this method I'm 3 whole inches away! I had guestimated an inch or two! :laugh: (if I did it right) Oh well, it's ok- I recently reached a length that I actually really like and finally feels somewhat "long" to me, so while I still want to make it to tbl and beyond, I'm not in so much of a hurry like I used to be now that I enjoy my length :D If in the future I decide I don't like longer lengths, I would be ok to chop back to my current lenth (but hopefully I will like the longer lengths!)
I know how you feel. Now that I can do some of the fancier buns/a real crown braid, etc. I love my hair length at a bit at hip, 30 inches...and any more growth will just be a plus. Btw, you will be at tbl in 6 months, while I have to wait a year at least! LOL... ;)

AmberJewel
August 6th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Hi AmberJewel, (pretty name, btw :) I am exactly where you are, 6 inches from tbl. We can do this!!! ;) Xmas 2015!!:popcorn:

Aww, thanks. I'll race you! :run: :)

Caraid♫
August 6th, 2014, 11:06 PM
I know how you feel. Now that I can do some of the fancier buns/a real crown braid, etc. I love my hair length at a bit at hip, 30 inches...and any more growth will just be a plus. Btw, you will be at tbl in 6 months, while I have to wait a year at least! LOL... ;)
*sigh* such is life! But a good way to think of it- from here on, all the new growth is just a plus :D

Soltimus
August 7th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Well, I'd almost made it. Unfortunately I haven't had any growth for quite a few months. Well, growth probably. I mean, I can tell where there's henna up there and where there isn't, ha ha. My only brush, a TT, started breaking. All the little bristles were breaking off and I wasn't paying any attention and I think that didn't go down well with my ends. I'm also partial to blaming my layers as I'm still growing them out. They made it hard to keep the ends safe in plaits which is what I mainly wear.

Anyway. I had to cut back. It's just above waist now As soon as I cut it I put it in a plaited bun and tried to forget about what I just did. It'll grow back, it just feels so blegh. I'd gotten so far but it just started breaking off. Little white dots and breakage everything. NOTHING was happening. Hopefully I'll be waist by Christmas, though! Isn't it!!!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 7th, 2014, 04:15 AM
Well, I have 6.5" to go until TBL so I think I should hop out of this thread and into the TBL by Christmas 2015... as I won't be managing that distance this year. Congrats to all of you who graduate from here this year though!:)

lapushka
August 7th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Thanks for all the growth wishes. I'm *sure* we all appreciate it. :D :flower:

LongCurlyTress
August 7th, 2014, 10:19 AM
*sigh* such is life! But a good way to think of it- from here on, all the new growth is just a plus :D
"Just a plus...just a plus... just a plus..." Our new mantra!!! :lala:

LongCurlyTress
August 7th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Aww, thanks. I'll race you! :run: :)
LOL! you are so "on,"" AmberJewel! Ready... set....grow!!! lol.... :cool:

LongCurlyTress
August 7th, 2014, 10:22 AM
gaaah double post... dang it! :(

LongCurlyTress
August 7th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Well, I have 6.5" to go until TBL so I think I should hop out of this thread and into the TBL by Christmas 2015... as I won't be managing that distance this year. Congrats to all of you who graduate from here this year though!:)
Hi Sarahlabrnth! I have 6 inches to grow to tbl too! At least we can do lots of buns now, so this extra growth will just be for fun!! :)

bunzfan
August 7th, 2014, 11:48 AM
So i last cut on the 22nd of may and as i'm just passing hip again i'm thinking i'm just going to leave it alone as for the first time in almost 4 years i only have a few splits :D normally whenever it got to this length it would split terribly. I'm thinking the conditioning of the ends twice might be the reason and for once i don't even want to trim lol if i just s&d now till the end of the year i might make it as it is about 4-5 inches thats just a guess mind you.

TrapperCreekD
August 8th, 2014, 01:15 PM
I would grow till end of year. Your hair does look really healthy but you know how it feels and that's a good indicator if you need to trim or not. Congratulations to you and all that have reached their goals. :beerchug:
I'm still hoping I can make it by end of this year but if I don't I'll be a lot closer than at beginning of this year. I've learned to relax and enjoy the journey and than when I do reach my goal, I'll be celebrating!

Thank you! It's a kind of an optical illusion, though, because when you look closer than a resized photo allows, it's riddled with splits from the mechanical damage I inflicted pre-LHC. That said, my hair does seem pretty happy with the new routine, and my poor tired ends are almost silky when oiled and properly moisturized, so I think I will hold off on cutting.

leilani
August 9th, 2014, 09:33 AM
Trappercreek I know what you mean. I find so many splits in sunlight outside and inside, or in photos, it looks so healthy. :( Well, I bleached. And bleached, every few months, bleach highlights, so what do I expect?
I did the chair test and seems I have 6+ inches to go before tailbone so I think there is no way.... off to the 2015 thread!

http://i59.tinypic.com/dnepvc.jpg

bunzfan
August 9th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Trappercreek I know what you mean. I find so many splits in sunlight outside and inside, or in photos, it looks so healthy. :( Well, I bleached. And bleached, every few months, bleach highlights, so what do I expect?
I did the chair test and seems I have 6+ inches to go before tailbone so I think there is no way.... off to the 2015 thread!

http://i59.tinypic.com/dnepvc.jpg

The chair test doesn't work fro everyone bcl/tbl is only about a inch apart on me but then i'm very petite 5"3 .I think its about 4 inches from hip length.

cathair
August 21st, 2014, 03:00 PM
I was brave enough to try the tailbone sitting down test today. I think my hair is definitely there stretched :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12658&d=1408648345

Not there yet unstretched though, but I am happy with the stretched milestone :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12659&d=1408648346

I don't know if that counts as making it by Christmas 2014? I don't think I have much hope of making it there unstretched now, with only 4 months to go. Stilling optimistically hoping I might make it there by next May.

FireFromWithin
August 21st, 2014, 03:11 PM
I keep thinking that there's no way I'll get there but I've realised the issue is that I only ever look at my hair from the front or with my head twisted. I can feel it very close to the top of my bottom when it's wet. Measuring while holding it's about an inch from BCL so probably 2" to look it dry and maybe 3" to TBL. 4 or 5 to feel really secure there but I think I'll end up at classic before I feel like it's TBL! It's really. Starting to feel long now for me (since it reaches my jeans quite solidly now even when I'm looking with my head twisted.)

lapushka
August 21st, 2014, 03:47 PM
Congrats, that's definitely TBL, cathair! :D

Sounds like you're making progress, FireFromWithin! :)