PDA

View Full Version : Blog won't allow comments?

Saldana
January 1st, 2014, 07:59 PM
Hi -

I've gotten a couple of messages from users saying that my blog won't allow comments - I went in and checked the permissions, they are all set to 'allow', but I rechecked them and saved them anyway.

I love using and reading blogs, and often leave comments. I love it when people leave comments for me. Can you help me figure out what I am doing incorrectly? Thanks very much!

- Saldana

Gumball
January 1st, 2014, 08:42 PM
Hi Saldana! Let's see if I can help out. Looking into things, the option "Allow blog comments to be posted" is not enabled on your most recent entry, causing the issue you're experiencing. It appears it was not saved during the time you attempted to edit it.

Saldana
January 1st, 2014, 09:13 PM
Oohhh.....do I need to set it with each blog entry, then? Or is it just if I edit one? Happy to do either, just didn't know....thank you for your help! :)

Gumball
January 1st, 2014, 10:03 PM
You're welcome. :) From what I know it's generally toggled on, but it never hurts to check.

Check on your blog's Permissions & Privacy (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog_usercp.php?do=editoptions) under Default Entry Options at the top just to make sure it's enabled there so you don't have to deal with it for every single future entry.