PDA

View Full Version : pesky tufts

diddiedaisy
January 1st, 2014, 06:28 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else suffered from this problem. For as long I can remember I have had a fair amount of strands of about 2-3 inches long sticking up from the top of my head. They look like they run along my parting line, but if I move my parting there they are. So they seem to be all over. None of them look damaged so is it new growth or is it breakages. Also do broken strands always have split ends or do they sometimes clean break? I don't know if they look worse because I have fine blonde hair which doesn't have much weight and they are always wisping about getting on my nerves

woodswanderer
January 1st, 2014, 07:30 PM
I have pesky tufts, while I'm pretty sure is just new growth. If the hair has a split or white dot at the end it is probably broken....if it just has a taper or clean line I wouldn't worry.

woodswanderer
January 1st, 2014, 07:31 PM
You could smooth them down with a tiny bit of aloe vera gel if it is bothering you.

Rio040113
January 1st, 2014, 08:17 PM
I have quite literally hundreds of these right now, they're new growth from my hair loss and yeah they are a bit pesky haha but for me they're a good sign, so I don't hate them too much :lol:

bradlea
January 1st, 2014, 08:28 PM
I don't have anything useful to add, except
1. I do get pesky tufts and just hope they grow out, and
2. pesky tufts is one of the cutest phrases I have ever heard

SouthernSweetie
January 1st, 2014, 08:44 PM
I don't have anything useful to add, except
1. I do get pesky tufts and just hope they grow out, and
2. pesky tufts is one of the cutest phrases I have ever heard

^^^I agree 100%^^^ Haha.:wigtongue

ExpectoPatronum
January 1st, 2014, 08:47 PM
My tuft is on the side of my head...on the side I lay on my pillow. It doesn't really bother me. I just use a bit of gel when I put my hair up to keep that part smooth. I like to think these tufts add character lol.

bradlea
January 1st, 2014, 10:47 PM
^^^I agree 100%^^^ Haha.:wigtongue

hahaha it's like something i want to start calling my cat! "come here you little pesky tufts"

Ambystoma
January 5th, 2014, 04:32 AM
It sounds like new growth, mine does that too and in the humidity the little baby hairs like to pretend that they're 2c which makes them even more "pesky" :laugh: I also have a 3" terminal length on two tufts right above my temples - they've been that way my whole life and sometimes like to turn into little horns :evil:

Dowzey
January 5th, 2014, 05:30 AM
I have these on the sides of my forehead and temples, very thin and straight while my other new growth is wavy and coarser. They go over my ears and then away from the face, which makes me look like an axolotl sometimes.
I used to have more of this hair, up until my 4th bday my hair stood up straight like an elf.

Ambystoma
January 5th, 2014, 06:40 AM
They go over my ears and then away from the face, which makes me look like an axolotl sometimes.

There's nothing wrong with occasionally looking like one of the best animals in the whole wide world :p

spidermom
January 5th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Axolotls! They're amazing.

I have lots of new growth sproinging up all over my head. Gel does help stick them down so that I don't look like a crazy bag lady.

jupiterinleo
January 5th, 2014, 09:52 AM
I think I have what you mean--I've heard them called "baby hairs," or the hair around your face/forehead that just doesn't grow out. I have some that are curly and like to stick out like devil horns.