PDA

View Full Version : Amla for toning down red box dye?

Ms. Littlefish
January 1st, 2014, 03:53 PM
I used the search function for awhile but it was taking me awhile to get in the right direction I was steering, so I'd like to make a thread. :eek:

I have a couple layers of demi on bleached ends. A lot of it has been trimmed off but I plan to grow out my natural color but would like to explore a few avenues to blend my roots in and make it a little more visually appealing while growing out. My natural color is level 6-7 with no distinct undertones, though they are a little golden in sunlight.

I have about an inch of roots
Dyed hair is a darker reddish color

My idea.

I was thinking that after a few more weeks to another month of dye fading I would try to take up some dye with Color Oops (I'm very experienced with this product).
I was thinking I would like to start cassia treatments to get my henna health effects back (I hennaed for about two years at one point but all this hair has since been cut out).

I was wondering if amla could help tone down some of the residual red tones I will have and make it a little more seemless into the blonnette color I have.

Would I use amla as it's own treatment or could I mix it into a cassia treatment?
Does alma deposit a dye thus resulting in a darker color?

Please and thank you!

cheetahfast
January 1st, 2014, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't suggest amla. It really did not work for me to help with color and to be honest IDK if it would really work over chemical dye. I also tried indigo and buxus/katum and those didn't work either.

The indigo never stuck to my hair. The buxus/katum never stuck and went grey-ish. Amla really did nothing color-wise for me, it was way too subtle.
I know you can do amla on it's own or mix it into cassia. The only thing it did for me was make my hair a tad curlier.

I personally would do the color oops then wait and get a demi permanent color done to match the roots and not mess with amla. I don't think it would be worth the hassle.

durgidog
January 1st, 2014, 09:20 PM
I did an amla treatment once and it did lend a browner cast to my greys which are fiery red from henna. The color washed out fairly quickly.

Ms. Littlefish
January 1st, 2014, 09:34 PM
Alright, that solves it then. I'll just look into further fading the hair dye. Thank you, all.