PDA

View Full Version : Question about headbands

Foxylocks
January 1st, 2014, 10:46 AM
I wear a braid everyday with a headband to prevent hair parting. The headbands I wear are the kind that are soft, composed of cotton, and go all the way around the head. I'm worried that the fabric might be rubbing against the nape of my neck in such a way that it will cause a thinning spot. My question is: Do you think these headbands are capable of bald spots? They are soft and fairly loose, but I want to make sure that they won't endanger my hair in any way. If you do think they will cause a bald spot, is there anything I can use in place of a headband to keep my hair back so that it won't part?

Magalo
January 1st, 2014, 11:04 AM
To hide my center part, I let it dry or blowdry it in the opposite way it grows. Then when I braid or bun it, I take a small section where the part is, twist it once, then braid/bun as usual. It works pretty well to me. :)

Foxylocks
January 1st, 2014, 11:30 AM
Thank you very much, I never thought of that! I will try it tomorrow. I've heard of parts thinning, so I prefer not to keep one when I am wearing a braid. On the rare occasion when I wear my hair down, I will wear the center part.

To hide my center part, I let it dry or blowdry it in the opposite way it grows. Then when I braid or bun it, I take a small section where the part is, twist it once, then braid/bun as usual. It works pretty well to me. :)