PDA

View Full Version : My first hair sticks!

pariate
September 9th, 2008, 01:00 AM
I just ordered my first hairsticks :D :D :D Bought them from Fox at Sticks & Stones. I'm getting silver Alice in Wonderlands on rosewood Ketylos. I can't wait to get my paws on them!

:cheer: I have been enabled! :demon:

Shanarana
September 9th, 2008, 01:28 AM
Now remember.......don't stalk the mailman.......;)

pariate
September 9th, 2008, 01:37 AM
But... but... he's got my stiiiiiiiiiiiiiicks! :twisted:

Shanarana
September 9th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Yeah, your right.......go get em' girl........:D

There will be pictures yes?

pariate
September 9th, 2008, 03:11 AM
I might have to make do with copying the picture from the site - I don't own a digital camera, and can't figure out how to take one on my phone and upload it! :doh:

sexyjacksparrow
September 9th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Yay - hair sticks are cool. My hair's not really long enough to make good use of them though.

paper
September 9th, 2008, 06:33 AM
:cheese: Hope you like your 1st hair sticks! Thats something I need to buy. :hmm:

SHELIAANN1969
September 9th, 2008, 06:36 AM
If you had to start with a pair, I would say that any kind of Ketylos are a fabulous start, when I first tried using sticks, I had a hard time with straight sticks.

The curves / twists in the Ketylos make it easier (in my case anyway) to insert and use.

Congrats on the new sticks, let us know how you are doing with them when they arrive! :)

Islandgrrl
September 9th, 2008, 06:42 AM
No stopping you now! You know this hairtoy thing is an addiction, right? Once you start you really cannot stop. :)

Congrats on your new hairsticks! Wear them well!!

FrannyG
September 9th, 2008, 06:50 AM
I'm so happy for you! :hollie: I can't wait to see the photos.

I remember the day I got my first non-drugstore hairsticks, after being enabled here. Ahhhhh, good times.

Silver & Gold
September 9th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I just ordered my first hairsticks :D :D :D Bought them from Fox at Sticks & Stones. I'm getting silver Alice in Wonderlands on rosewood Ketylos. I can't wait to get my paws on them!

:cheer: I have been enabled! :demon:

AAAaaaack! You made me look! I went to the website to find the pair you ordered. (Of course I couldn't just wait for you to post an action shot.) Now I've bookmarked the website . . . which is the first step on a slippery slope.

You've chosen one of the most interesting designs! I can't wait to see your action shot. Don't let me down!

bjt
September 9th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Congratulations Pariate! I hope you get them soon!

I just got my very first hair sticks too! They arrived yesterday (from Ron Quattro) and I'm really excited about them!

cheers--

dorothea-brooke
September 9th, 2008, 07:29 AM
AAAaaaack! You made me look! I went to the website to find the pair you ordered. (Of course I couldn't just wait for you to post an action shot.) Now I've bookmarked the website . . . which is the first step on a slippery slope.

You've chosen one of the most interesting designs! I can't wait to see your action shot. Don't let me down!

I just did the same.... Wow! Those Alice sticks are fabulous, and all his designs are really breathtaking.

I'm torn between thinking Why did I not know about this site? and Oh, no, I wish I didn't know about this site!

Congrats, pariate! :cheese:

JessTheMess
September 9th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Thank you for enabling me with your being enabled haha. Beautiful hairsticks!! I cannot wait to get paid hehehehehe >:)

pariate
September 9th, 2008, 10:44 AM
:D I spent sooooooooo long trying to choose a pair. I came this close to giving up and ordering all five pairs. I figured I could share the cat's food for the rest of the month before I came to my senses... and realised I don't much care for rabbit and beef. I'll wait for a tuna month. :rolling:

pariate
September 9th, 2008, 10:45 AM
I can't wait to see your action shot. Don't let me down!

That's good Miss Platinum - no pressure, no expectations, nice and relaxed :p :D

Silver & Gold
September 9th, 2008, 11:16 AM
That's good Miss Platinum - no pressure, no expectations, nice and relaxed :p :D

That's right . . . no pressure . . . (Do it! Do it NOW!)
No expectations . . . (I'll kick and scream and hold my breath if you don't!)
Nice and relaxed . . . (Are they there yet? When is the postman going to deliver then? Have you checked the mail lately? Check again, just in case. Is your camera ready? Is the battery charged? Why are you just sitting there at your computer? The postman may be delivering right this very minute!)

dorothea-brooke
September 9th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Nice and relaxed . . . (Are they there yet? When is the postman going to deliver then? Have you checked the mail lately? Check again, just in case. Is your camera ready? Is the battery charged? Why are you just sitting there at your computer? The postman may be delivering right this very minute!)

:mail:

pariate
September 9th, 2008, 01:05 PM

She seems so sweet and innocent with those angelic golden locks, but she waits for me after school and extracts hairtoys with menaces. :( *sniff*

All subscriptions to the Pariate Liberation Fund gratefully accepted.

dorothea-brooke
September 9th, 2008, 01:14 PM
She seems so sweet and innocent with those angelic golden locks, but she waits for me after school and extracts hairtoys with menaces. :( *sniff*

Ahhh, so that's why she has such a good collection!

She actually steals hairtoys from those smaller and weaker than herself. :demon:

Where shall we send our contributions, pariate? :D

Silver & Gold
September 9th, 2008, 01:17 PM

*Pats your head innocently* :whistle:

Oh? This is your hairtoy? Why . . . I just saw it laying there. I was just getting ready to ask you if you lost it. Here you go.

*Hands you the hairtoy. Pats you again, sweetly . . . looks around to see if anyone notices . . . pinches you secretly* :demon:

pariate
September 9th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Ahhh, so that's why she has such a good collection!

She actually steals hairtoys from those smaller and weaker than herself. :demon:

Where shall we send our contributions, pariate? :D

You'll find me cowering behind my sofa at:

Hillcrest Cottage
Atop the Mountain
Vale Town
Hampshire, England.

Somebody please warn the postman. He is an unsuspecting pawn in Silver&Gold's evil plan.

pariate
September 9th, 2008, 01:21 PM
*Pats your head innocently* :whistle:

Oh? This is your hairtoy? Why . . . I just saw it laying there. I was just getting ready to ask you if you lost it. Here you go.

*Hands you the hairtoy. Pats you again, sweetly . . . looks around to see if anyone notices . . . pinches you secretly* :demon:

:rollin: I love you! :D

pariate
January 9th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Four months after I purchased it I am pleased to announce that I have finally got a photo to show you! More to the point, I've figured out how to post the photo... :o

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n67/_bacchus_/il_430xN39032037.jpg

It was designed and made by LHC's Nightshade. I've got a few more on the way, two from Nightshade again and one from Forever Sunshine (another Etsy seller).

I'll post pics of those when they come in!

Silver & Gold
January 9th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Very nice. Beware the hairstick addiction. Sure, you say you'll just try it a few times and before you know it you're a flat out junkie.

pariate
January 9th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Hi! :D Long time no see.

Yeah, I've had an itchy Paypal-trigger finger this week. I meant to buy one new set... that turned into three and that was after I'd talked myself out of the other two sets :o They're so pretty and at the moment I need these little boosts. I'm all about my hair these days, it's so much nicer than this thing called the Real World ;)

lora410
January 9th, 2009, 09:12 AM
AHH, theres nothing like your first. My first set was a pair by nightshade. I still have them :D

sahiba
January 9th, 2009, 09:46 AM
What a thread. :laugh:

Four months after I purchased it I am pleased to announce that I have finally got a photo to show you! More to the point, I've figured out how to post the photo... :o

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n67/_bacchus_/il_430xN39032037.jpg

It was designed and made by LHC's Nightshade. I've got a few more on the way, two from Nightshade again and one from Forever Sunshine (another Etsy seller).

I'll post pics of those when they come in!

This stick is gorgeous. too pretty.