PDA

View Full Version : Seven months of growth PICS!

swearnsue
December 31st, 2013, 03:53 PM
I took a picture of my hair today and put it in my siggy. My avatar is a pic of my hair mid May 2013, seven months ago. There are some braid waves.

It doesn't look like my hair grew very much in 7 months, does it???

I know it looks thinner now, I've just gotten over a large shed.

ExpectoPatronum
December 31st, 2013, 04:09 PM
I think it looks like it grew. It also looks much shinier and healthier...Sometimes, that's better than a lot of growth.

swearnsue
December 31st, 2013, 04:13 PM
Thank you! It doesn't usually look that good I don't think. I don't even recognize myself! I've been using Doo Gro hair oil.

swearnsue
December 31st, 2013, 05:33 PM
I'm just looking at my pic and I've always I thought I had stick straight hair but I'm thinking maybe I'm a 1b instead of a 1a.

There may be a slight wave there. What do you think?

AspenSong
December 31st, 2013, 05:39 PM
Doesn't look like a lot of growth, however your hair looks INSANELY shiny and gorgeous!! I am in love with your color!!

DebieT
December 31st, 2013, 05:41 PM
I agree with the others, your hair is so shiny and the color is beautiful.

swearnsue
December 31st, 2013, 05:46 PM
Thank you AspenSong! I cheat and use henna and cassia. Full head many times 2 years ago and now I have to touch up my roots every 4 to 6 weeks. Plus the photo was taken outside which makes hair look shiny with the henna!

I see you are a F i and have 46" length! It's good to see that it CAN be done for us fine and thin haired folk.

PixxieStix
I think your ideas of how thick your hair looks are a little distorted, because in your avatar picture, you have braid waves which can add quite a bit of volume, in your sig pic, your hair is super sleek and shiny, and while there hasn't been A LOT of growth, it does look like it has grown some, and the condition look amazing. :) Congratulations!

BambooBeauty
wow your hair is amazing! So shiny. What is your routine?

joflakes
December 31st, 2013, 05:47 PM
I'd say a 1b.
It looks awesome! Your colour is stunning! Is it virgin?

swearnsue
December 31st, 2013, 05:52 PM
I think your ideas of how thick your hair looks are a little distorted, because in your avatar picture, you have braid waves which can add quite a bit of volume, in your sig pic, your hair is super sleek and shiny, and while there hasn't been A LOT of growth, it does look like it has grown some, and the condition look amazing. :) Congratulations!

Hi PixxieStix, we joined at about the same time. You're right about the braid waves giving it more volume, that's why I like to do it every once in a while. I've been trimming a bit to get rid of the old pixie layers too.

swearnsue
December 31st, 2013, 05:59 PM
Hi Joflakes and BambooBeauty! Thank you for the complements! My routine has changed over time as I experiment with different things. I think the best thing is the henna. I dilute shampoos and conditioners, rinse with vinegar water.

I take DE and eat no fast food. I make sure I eat enough protein and take fish oil and B vitamin supplements.

Two and a half years ago I had shaved my head with the dog clippers because it was so gross. Now I'm liking my hair and enjoy brushing it.

browneyedsusan
January 1st, 2014, 08:33 AM
Hi! You were one of the first to greet me when I joined, and I so admired your hair even then. It still looks spectacular, and I'm pleased to have a longer-haired, hennaed rolemodel to look up to. :)

lapushka
January 1st, 2014, 08:42 AM
I think I see growth as well. A lot depends on the angle of the picture, and if you don't have full body markers on there, it's hard to tell, so don't beat yourself up about it. I'm sure in 7 months, it grew!

Sterlyn
January 1st, 2014, 09:40 AM
Your hair is lovely, looks very shiny and healthy. It does look like it's grown and I'm not sure if its the braidwaves creating an illusion but it seems to be more one length in the 2nd pic, did you do some trimming to remove layers too? As Lapushka said, camera angles can be deceiving.

Either way it looks great :)

swearnsue
January 1st, 2014, 11:50 AM
Hi! You were one of the first to greet me when I joined, and I so admired your hair even then. It still looks spectacular, and I'm pleased to have a longer-haired, hennaed rolemodel to look up to. :)

I remember! I'm about a year "ahead" of you and we were both starting out with the henna thing. I've been watching your progress, your hair has really grown! We're rockin the red hair!

Lyv
January 1st, 2014, 12:01 PM
Your hair looks so healthy and shiny!

swearnsue
January 1st, 2014, 12:04 PM
Hi Lapushka and Sterlyn! I did do a few self trims because I'm growing out a pixie. I didn't think I trimmed THAT much but it does add up. Sometimes I have to trim random sections, like an extreme S&D, when a small chunk of ends feels tangle-y and not smooth. It's usually the top back where the old fringe has grown out.

I try to trim in a fairly drastic V but it looks like I'm getting the left side shorter than the right and it's not much of a V. I want to eventually have fairy tail ends which should be easy with my thin hair.

swearnsue
January 2nd, 2014, 05:42 PM
Your hair looks so healthy and shiny!

Thank you! You must be at waist by now! How do you get that wonderful red that is in the siggy pic???

WoolSweater
January 2nd, 2014, 05:53 PM
Gorgeous hair! And it doesn't look thin at all to me, so you're obviously on to something. Absolutely beautiful. Enjoy it!!

swearnsue
January 2nd, 2014, 06:03 PM
Gorgeous hair! And it doesn't look thin at all to me, so you're obviously on to something. Absolutely beautiful. Enjoy it!!

Thank you for saying so. If I stand completely still, like for a photo, my hair looks ok. It's when some hair is in from of my shoulders and some is in back the thinness really shows. Most of the time when I make a bun I have to take a comb and come the hair that is on my scalp so that my scalp doesn't show through.

I hope that sentence made sense. Anyone with thin hair will probably know what I'm talking about! BUT.... I have a forest of baby hairs sprouting out of my head. Almost looks like a halo! (as close as I'll ever get to a real halo, that's for sure!)

Anyway, thank you for the complements and I HAVE been enjoying it lately.

WoolSweater
January 2nd, 2014, 06:12 PM
:laugh: I thought I was the only one who combs out my head hair to hide my scalp! You are not alone. Still, despite it being thin, it's beautiful!

Thank you for saying so. If I stand completely still, like for a photo, my hair looks ok. It's when some hair is in from of my shoulders and some is in back the thinness really shows. Most of the time when I make a bun I have to take a comb and come the hair that is on my scalp so that my scalp doesn't show through.

I hope that sentence made sense. Anyone with thin hair will probably know what I'm talking about! BUT.... I have a forest of baby hairs sprouting out of my head. Almost looks like a halo! (as close as I'll ever get to a real halo, that's for sure!)

Anyway, thank you for the complements and I HAVE been enjoying it lately.

swearnsue
January 2nd, 2014, 06:21 PM
:eek: I know! Especially with my dark hair and bright white scalp! LOL

neon lights flashing **** bald spot ***** bald spot*****! LOL

ravenheather
January 3rd, 2014, 07:35 AM
I think your hair looks longer and shinier. Nice hair. I don't think it looks thin either.

swearnsue
January 3rd, 2014, 04:38 PM
I think your hair looks longer and shinier. Nice hair. I don't think it looks thin either.

Thank you! It's been nice to see so many compliments because Hubby made a comment about a month ago about my hair. I've been trying to learn some updos to make it look better.