PDA

View Full Version : Showering morning vs evening and scalp health/seborrheic dermatitis

coffinhert
December 31st, 2013, 10:49 AM
I was wondering if anyone else notices a difference in their scalp/hairfall between (a) shower at night and go to bed w/ damp hair and (b) shower in morning and air dry more quickly? I have noticed a huge difference personally, I've been struggling with seborrheic dermatitis for a few years and tried a ton of things which have alleviated it, but recently I've noticed that if I go to bed with wet hair, the seborrheic dermatitis comes back the next day. Now I'm carefully only showering first thing in the morning and my scalp is holding its own without any treatments! Woo! Anyone else?

Kaelee
December 31st, 2013, 10:52 AM
I suspect this is true, I went to bed with wetter than usual hair a couple nights in a row and had the worst flakes ever, but it's back to normal now. Showering in the morning instead isn't really an option for me because I work with oil and solvents of all sorts and come home covered in it.

martyna_22
December 31st, 2013, 10:57 AM
Showering in the evening is only allowed here when I am certain my hair will have a chance to dry - otherwise I get sore throat.
When I did go to sleep on wet hair, though, both my hair and scalp were so much worse.

Wisé
December 31st, 2013, 11:44 PM
Just wondered: When going to bed with wet hair, are you covering it (with a towel, bonnet or s.th. similar) or letting it hang loose/braided.
Maybe there's a difference in it (you could try that out)

lapushka
January 1st, 2014, 08:14 AM
I have SD, and it's pretty much under control right now, but when I go to bed with wet hair, I make sure it's the summer, and the hair is damp and towel dry (and even a little more dry than that), not dripping wet.