PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here do a 'Baptismal Rinse'?

sarahthegemini
December 30th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I read about this on naturallycurly, the general idea is after applying your RO (amd waiting a few minutes) instead of rinsing it out completely, you cup your palms and fill them with water then pour it over your hair a few times. This ensures some of the conditioner is left in, and it eradicates the extra step needed when applying a LI in the traditional way.

I've read that it can reduce frizz, I am going to try this on my next wash day. I normally use GVN Smooth as Silk for the RO step, and then Schwarzkopf Gliss for the LI step. When trying this though, I will just be using the GVN. Anything to simplify my routine even more! :)

Does anyone have experience with this?

midbackorbust
December 30th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Ooh, that's a good idea! I can't say I know anything about it but maybe I'll be experimenting with you :)

curlsgalore
December 30th, 2013, 09:46 PM
I've done this with great results. I usually do it more in the winter but does work in the summer too. Please share your results :).

LadyCelestina
December 31st, 2013, 02:12 AM
Hehe,when I was on NC it was called "super soaker method " :D
Personally I like the extra cleansing step I get or at least I think I get when I rinse out my conditioner and also,the stream of water helps me get out any knots that are left.
But the method or rinse creates great clumps!

oktobergoud
December 31st, 2013, 02:55 AM
It sounds interesting, might give it a try! :) My hair is always frizzy *sigh*

sarahthegemini
December 31st, 2013, 05:44 AM
I am quite excited to try this, I'll make sure to report my results!

lapushka
December 31st, 2013, 05:56 AM
You don't have to cup your palms. Running the handheld shower over it very shortly and lightly instead of full force leaving it over your head also does the trick.

Firefox7275
December 31st, 2013, 09:19 AM
Nope, mostly because I wash upside down so it would be impractical; it is similar to supersoaker but not the same.

lapushka
December 31st, 2013, 09:55 AM
Nope, mostly because I wash upside down so it would be impractical; it is similar to supersoaker but not the same.

Look at the method I explained above. We upside-down wash over here too, and this method works.

jeanniet
December 31st, 2013, 11:11 AM
I do it sometimes (this morning, in fact), but usually I just put a bit of leave in right side up, and then a bit more upside down. I don't see any particular difference in clumping either way, but maybe that's just due to my technique in general. I add a small bit of curl cream on top of the leave in, and that seems to be what helps clumping the most.