PDA

View Full Version : Monoi oil

moniquerenaud
December 30th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Has any one tried The Body Shops Monoi Miracle oil? I got it for Christmas. It's for skin and hair. Has anyone used it yet? I'm not sure if it'll be too heavy as a leave in for me since it contains coconut oil, or if maybe I should use it as a prewash. What are your experiences with it?

it's basically a blend of sweet almond oil, sesame seed oil, coconut oil, and a few other ingredients

DweamGoiL
December 30th, 2013, 12:15 PM
This is not Monoi Oil and may not even actually contain real Monoi Oil in it. They do state that it contains coconut oil, but it doesn't say how the oil was processed. I think this would be a nice oil blend for dry hair. You can also use it as a pre poo, hot oil treatment, or even to seal your ends. As a long time user of Tahitian Monoi Oil, I am a bit put-off by the deceptive labeling Body Shop is using. Why not call it Body Shop Tropical Oil Miracle or something along those lines? Real Monoi Oil solidifies when it's cold and liquifies when it's warmed and it is all coconut oil infused and refined, not a blend of oils. As part of a traditional process, they leave an actual gardenia flower inside the bottle...this is definitely not that.