PDA

View Full Version : Hair straightening (kind of)

Kikina
December 30th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Is there a way to straighten my hair without heat and without completely washing it.
A also don't need it perfectly straight, I'm actually trying to loosen my crazy curls, which I got from cocooning my hair, and make it wavy.

cranberrymoonz
December 30th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Cocoon curls will loosen througout the day. Try fingercombing them.

melusine963
December 30th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Try wearing a tight braid for the day/night. This might reshape the curls into waves. This would work expecially well if you dampen the length before braiding it.

Ambystoma
December 30th, 2013, 05:43 PM
To just calm it into soft waves, you could spray it lightly with water after detangling and then wear it in a loose bun until it dries (I use a nautilus or cinnamon bun) and the curl pattern will loosen somewhat. This is how I tame my natural "beachy waves" into something larger and smoother. If you want more straightening and don't mind waiting overnight (or until you hair dries 100%, you might be one of those lucky people whose hair dries faster) then dampening hair a bit more with a spray bottle, but not till it's wet, just damp, and setting it on jumbo rollers or in a doobie wrap should work wonders - I can get mine to look 1b/c with a wrap.

katiebeans
December 30th, 2013, 06:30 PM
if you search "heat free hair straightening" on youtube you will get tons of tutorials. I know a lot of girls who wrap their hair in doobies for straight hair. Dunno if doobies is the universal term though :)

TheVegan6
December 31st, 2013, 02:03 PM
I wrap my hair around my head to get straight hair, because my hair is so tangly and I have to comb it. I can't comb it curly. I take millions of hair clips (bobby pins?) and I wrap the hair around.:popcorn: