PDA

View Full Version : Cones in a clarifying shampoo

ErinLeigh
December 30th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Can someone please explain to me how a clarifying/chelating shampoo works if it has cones in it?
how do you clarify cones from hair when you are adding the cones back to the hair ?
I am trying to decide if I need to toss one of my clarifying/chelsting shampoos as I discover cones in It.
The cone is amodimethicone if that effects the answer.

ErinLeigh
December 30th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Its is a little higher then half on the list by the way. And it is a pretty big list of ingredients. Number 12 out of 43

Firefox7275
December 30th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Amodimethicone resists building up, it's probably present to disguise how harsh the shampoo is - many clarifiers leave hair feeling straw-like (generally goes back to normal with a deep condition or two).

ErinLeigh
December 30th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Yes this particular shampoo is hideous. Matts the hair like nothing I ever felt.
Tossing it. I just don't want the cones in hair when clarifying to remove cones. Built up or not. I use cones a lot less anymore but clarify in case of oil buildup and of course still the occasional cone use I still want off. I'm kinda of obsessed with letting my hair breathe.

Firefox7275
December 30th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Hair is dead it does not breathe. Oils should be removed by co-washing and not build up, butters waxes and polyquats may tho.

Do be aware that there are not just the components of oils (fatty acids) on the surface of the hair - from sebum or products - but also within the structure of the protective cuticle. Most clarifying shampoos are not picky they will shift any fatty acids, structural or superficial, so don't clarify needlessly.