PDA

View Full Version : Found my Post-Workout hair care

CaityBear
September 8th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I think I found my solution! I posted a while ago about what to do with my hair after a workout. I found that if I left my hair, it would get really greasy and gross and if I just rinsed it with water then the oil would just slip down and the whole crown of my head would look gross so I found my solution.

I do CO so I'm not afraid of it being too harsh on my head, that's just a lot of conditioner needed to wash my hair everyday. I've started to rinse my hair with conditioner water. I put about a tablespoon of conditioner in a bottle with water and rinse the crown of my hair with it, then use cold water and it saves me for at least another day.

Just thought I'd share if anybody had the same problem as me. And I'm quite happy to find something to do about the oiliness. lol

zen_oven
September 8th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Just thought I'd share if anybody had the same problem as me. And I'm quite happy to find something to do about the oiliness. lol

Thank you for this post! I've been thinking about this myself since I work out a lot but am trying to cut back how much I wash my hair. Do you do this immediately after every workout? I ask because I generally shower in the morning and work out in the evening and don't really want to have to shower twice. I generally don't get really smelly or anything so I'm not worried about that, but I've been wondering if leaving all that perspiration in my hair is bad for it.

CaityBear
September 8th, 2008, 10:01 PM
I try to do it soon after. I usually workout then I have to go feed pigs (farm girl, yay lol) so I wait until afterwards because there is not use feeding stinky pigs after I cleaned my hair. lol So I have at least half an hour wait for my hair to start drying before I rinse.

Once I'm done, I leave my hair in a bun (I wear my hair in a braided bun; the only thing that my hair will hold in while working out/volleyball) then tip my head over the tub, rinse with conditioner water really well, then rinse with cold water. So that way you wouldn't have to have a second shower.

I guess it'd still work if you waited longer? Either way it gets the oil and sweat/salt that's dried onto your hair. I wouldn't think the perspiration would be bad for your hair because a lot of people work out, sweat a lot, then let it dry still and it does no harm.

Fillette
September 8th, 2008, 11:41 PM
Hey! This sounds pretty good. Thank you for sharing. I will definitely have to try this.

vampodrama
September 9th, 2008, 02:53 AM
that sounds like a pretty nifty solution!

I work out at a sports club (30 minutes drive from my home) and after a very intense dance/weightlifting session my hair, as the rest of me, drips with sweat. I do shower at the club, but I don't like wetting my hair there (I have to be careful with the water getting in my eyes and it's very hard with the gym showers). plus it would be very unwise in winter. so I usually rinse my hair once I get home, just WO. but the very diluted CO sounds even better. I shall give it a try sometimes!

Simplicity
September 9th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Thanks for sharing! I've been wondering how to handle post workout too. I've been doing regular CO, but I'm going to give this a try!

Strongnlong
September 9th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Great post Op. I work out often and sweat like a beast so conditioner rinsing is all good with me too when a WO rinse isn't ginna do it.

Islandgrrl
September 9th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the tip! I'll have to give it a try this morning after spinning!