PDA

View Full Version : I am freaking out because I am shedding a lot of hair today??

Leslieslsa
December 29th, 2013, 10:42 PM
I don't know if it is really an unusual amount but to me, it seems like it, and it could just be because of how long the strands are, but it also seems like it is more than usual. And I don't know what could be causing it. But I have this crazy fear that that will make it stop growing, or I will shed too much and it will get thin, even though it still feels thick. About two months ago, I didn't really eat for two weeks. I had a bout with anorexia while I was in the hospital (I had it severely three years ago, and lost a TON of hair, but it didn't still really look noticeably thin.) So I am just wondering if I am paying for that two week bout? I did drink some Ensure here and there but I only ate one meal pretty much in that amount of time. This happened about a week ago too and I thought it was the conditioner I was using on it. It wasn't as bad today as that day, however. Plus today was wash day, and when it isn't wash day, it doesn't seem to shed. I don't know, I am just anxious about it. What do you guys think?

Flor
December 30th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Well, if you had your 2 week starvation period about 2 months ago, then it could be that hair you're shedding now is from the stress your body went through back then. Fear of losing hair is partially what's keeping my crash dieting tendencies at bay nowadays and making me want to eat better on daily basis.

Leslieslsa
December 30th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Yea. I conditioned it today and only lost like five hairs the whole time :-) Yay