PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about Face Shapes!!!

Tini'sNewHair
December 29th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Hey guys, like the title sayswhat face shape do you have? What hairstyle/fringes suits you? I went to this website (http://fluttereyewear.com/face-shape-application)and entered my picture to see what face shape I am, its verrry simple and accurate

I have a long face/OBLONG shaped.Heres a little bit of info I found about my face shape (website here (http://beauty.about.com/od/bestcutsbyfaceshap1/ss/Are-You-Round-Square-Long-Heart-Or-Oval_6.htm) )
Styles That Work Best on a LongFace --- Bangs can be your best friend because they canhide a big forehead. Try brow-skimming, side-swept bangs or blunt bangs. Longlayers work best with pieces hitting at the nose, the chin and the collarbone.
Celebs Who Share Your Face Shape--- Sarah Jessica Parker, AshleeSimpson, Liv Tyler, Giselle Bundchen

I really don’t like having bangsof any type because of the maintenance and styling it needs to look decent somy fringe right now is about APL again… I don’t look good with my hair tied upbut I seem to be OK with a low bun or an above ear high pony tail… I lookterrible when I have my hair down and I put my hair/fringe behind my ears tokeep it out of my face because it makes my face look even bigger…. So, I might beconsidering a fringe, but that’s a HUGE MAYBE… How do you guys manage? .

Here is some pictures of my ALL TIMES favorite BLUNT FRINGE!!! I thought it looked pretty good on me, but what do YOU think? Did it really suit my face shape? (Oblong)

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/PicMonkeyCollage-4.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/PicMonkeyCollage-4.jpg.html)

And THESE are two photos of what i look like now, with my hair UP and pretty plain AND with my hair down along with my trade mark Lipstick.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm242/MayasMommy7nov/save2.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/MayasMommy7nov/media/save2.jpg.html)

WHICH look do you think that it suits me face the best? HELP!!! Thank you :)

Tini'sNewHair
December 29th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Ahhhh i dont understand why some of my words are connected as one like that, im SURE i corrected that :disgust: sorry.

Sharysa
December 29th, 2013, 06:08 PM
I have a square face, and long hair definitely softens up my face and chin, especially if it's wavy/curly. I looked fine with side-bangs to soften up my forehead, but the both grow out way too fast. Same with layers--they looked nice, but they grew out in two or three months.

Currently I prefer a side part with fairy-tale ends for the low upkeep.

bradlea
December 29th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I'm a heart shape! I'm pretty sure heart-shaped faces are supposed to look best with the opposite of what I do, haha. I like to contour my cheekbones and jawline, but never my forehead. Not sure what bangs are good, but my favorite bangs on myself are baby/bettie bangs. Currently, I'm just letting my hair grow until it's all one length at waist, and then I will let myself consider cutting baby bangs again. I think my face is most flattered by a deep side part, but I wear center partings too!

Here's a picture from last night:
http://i.imgur.com/EMOBfqA.jpg

Tudor Dream
December 29th, 2013, 06:23 PM
According to that website, I have an oblong face now, and I had a round face when I was younger. This makes sense as a center part and bangs really suited me in my 20s and early 30s whereas now, in my early 40s I feel that bangs look odd and I'm no longer sure where to part my hair. I'd love to cut my bangs back in (I'm growing them out at the moment) as I think they look cute, young and doll-like but they just don't seem to suit me now :(

Tini'sNewHair
December 29th, 2013, 06:39 PM
I'm a heart shape! I'm pretty sure heart-shaped faces are supposed to look best with the opposite of what I do, haha. I like to contour my cheekbones and jawline, but never my forehead. Not sure what bangs are good, but my favorite bangs on myself are baby/bettie bangs. Currently, I'm just letting my hair grow until it's all one length at waist, and then I will let myself consider cutting baby bangs again. I think my face is most flattered by a deep side part, but I wear center partings too!

Here's a picture from last night:
http://i.imgur.com/EMOBfqA.jpg

I LOVE your face - Look at those awesome eyes, give them to me please!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Heart shapes are my favorites obviosly haha :)

Tini'sNewHair
December 29th, 2013, 06:40 PM
According to that website, I have an oblong face now, and I had a round face when I was younger. This makes sense as a center part and bangs really suited me in my 20s and early 30s whereas now, in my early 40s I feel that bangs look odd and I'm no longer sure where to part my hair. I'd love to cut my bangs back in (I'm growing them out at the moment) as I think they look cute, young and doll-like but they just don't seem to suit me now :(

I have trouble parting my hair to, I just never seem to find the right part to flatter my face :( Thats why i was thinking of doing bags again...

Tini'sNewHair
December 29th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I have a square face, and long hair definitely softens up my face and chin, especially if it's wavy/curly. I looked fine with side-bangs to soften up my forehead, but the both grow out way too fast. Same with layers--they looked nice, but they grew out in two or three months.

Currently I prefer a side part with fairy-tale ends for the low upkeep.

I love long hair and mine is long and straight but it dosnt suit my face shape :( LUCKY YOU!

bradlea
December 29th, 2013, 06:51 PM
I LOVE your face - Look at those awesome eyes, give them to me please!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Heart shapes are my favorites obviosly haha :)

Aww thank you! <3 I like my face just fine, but the heart shape can be a little hard to work with when I'm trying to not look extreme. Which, admittedly, is not often, ahaha.

Sharysa
December 29th, 2013, 07:03 PM
I used to straighten my hair, but now that I've been taking care of it, it's almost wavy (1c/2a). Straight hair doesn't soften my face as well as wavy hair unless I have layers, and layers don't look good on me unless they're straight, so I definitely like my low-maintenance braid waves better than THAT vicious cycle.

AngryVikingGirl
December 29th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Tini'sNewHair,
I don't think your forehead is too high so you can pull off all the styles, actually they look great on you in my opinion. I'd rather consider your face oval shaped when choosing styles.
Mine is diamond, something like yours with wider cheekbones.

Tudor Dream
December 29th, 2013, 07:50 PM
[COLOR=#800000][SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][SIZE=4]WHICH look do you think that it suits me face the best? HELP!!! Thank you :)

The blunt fringe looks great on you!!! This is exactly the dilemma I'm going through at the moment. I have an oval face and I looked good with a center part and blunt bangs when I was younger but I'm just not sure that it still suits me now. I'm growing my fringe out but I'm really tempted to try it once again when I see photos like yours!

Tini'sNewHair
December 29th, 2013, 08:24 PM
AngryVikingGirl Thank you. Everything i read and the website says that im Oblong/long face because the distance between my forehead and chin is greater than the distance between my cheekbones. I feel like blunt style fringes suits me best. What styles do you use for your diamond shaped face?

Tudor Dream I was very very affraid when i went in to get that blunt cut for the first time because i was sure that it would be yet another horrible fringe cut on me but there you go i was wrong and ever since then i only went for blunt fringes. Why change what works!!! I say go for it!!! If you end up not liking it, you can pin it away from your face and it will grow in no time!

Yozhik
December 29th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Blunt bangs look terrific on you!
You also look great without bangs, though, so I'd say it's really your preference. :flower:

bmcfarland
December 29th, 2013, 09:04 PM
I have a square face shape, and have always had shoulder length hair with side-swept bangs to offset the boxiness of my jaw... :) But I've also seen a few square-faced ladies rock the blunt fringe with ends that taper downwards at the temples (if that makes sense?)

ErinLeigh
December 30th, 2013, 01:07 AM
I cannot decide. I think the bangs would look good when you wear it up, and it brings a lot of attention to eyes when down, however I love the flowing look of it down without bangs. You are one of the people who can pull of either look equally well so it will come down to styling preference probably. Neither look adds anything negative for you. Lucky!

RedRavenCurls58
December 30th, 2013, 01:31 AM
I have an oval-shaped face, and although I prefer not to have a fringe, I think that a chin-length fringe suits my face shape.

Arciela
December 30th, 2013, 05:02 AM
I've got an oval face...I just wear my hair all one length and part in the middle :)

Selchie
December 30th, 2013, 05:12 AM
I have a Steven Tyler- shaped face, sometimes I just wanna use my hair all over my face. But I just part in the middle and that works ok with me. teehee :~

didrash
December 30th, 2013, 05:24 AM
To the OP. I think you are very pretty! That said, I like you better without the fringe... It sort of "closes off" your face, and covers your nice forehead. That is of course, just a personal opinion, what matters is what you like better!

Ms. Littlefish
December 30th, 2013, 05:30 AM
I have a pretty strong jaw and I like the way I look with all my hair off my face. That's mostly how I've ended up with short hair for so long. When I grow it out I will wear it up a lot to keep it off my face but I don't know what sort of framing, parts, ect may suit me when I would like to wear it down. I could always braid my fringe off to the side to keep my face open, I suppose. I just lose so much if the sides of my face are covered with hair.

Wisé
December 30th, 2013, 05:50 AM
@ OP:

Like others have said, both looks suit you well.
In my opinion, the difference is mostly what kind of image you want to portrait.
To me, the fringe makes you look playful, cheerful and maybe a tad bit naive (compared to the other photos, not in general) - a cute girl next door look.
Whereas the long version strikes me as more mature, and I think you look honest with that style. Plus, it adds some mystery.

This may differ for other people, but that's the impression I get without knowing anything about you.

Lyv
December 30th, 2013, 06:37 AM
You look great with both! I like the one's with bangs most though they bring out your eyes. I have an ovalish face =, my sister says I'm an oval diamond lol, if I have bangs I usually prefer sides swept since blunt bangs look terrible on me.

GoddesJourney
December 30th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Tini'sNewHair,

To answer your OP, you actually look fine with tournament down and up. However, the bangs pictures are really cute. If you want to stay low maintenance keep it all one length. If it's not too much trouble, those blunt bangs look great on you.

Covet
December 30th, 2013, 07:29 AM
I've always loved blunt fringes and it looks great on you (biased lol). I have an oblong or maybe a heart shaped face but my hair is furiously curly so I don't have a fringe. My hair is all one length too, not quite sure what else to do with it.

DweamGoiL
December 30th, 2013, 07:40 AM
@OP - I am of the opinion that both looks are ok for you, however, I do feel that the bangs hide too much of your face. You have a very pretty one and the flowing locks just lets the world see how pretty it really is!

shutterpillar
December 30th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Tini - I agree with everyone else on the bangs/no bangs. I think it really just depends on what type of image you would like to pull off. Whenever I have bangs of the blunt variety, I always get more "you look so cute" comments. When they are grown out like those in your second picture (or side swept) I get more comments that include the words "beautiful" and "hot." So I'd agree that the bangs have more of an innocent look.

My face is a definite oval and I go in a vicious cycle of blunt bangs, side swept bangs, and no bangs. I currently have side swept bangs, but I get the most comments on my appearance when they are blunt or grown out. I prefer side swept or grown out bangs... blunt bangs are just too much work for me. :)

I don't normally like my hair pulled back unless I have a bang of some sort or can find a way to soften the look without bangs.

Stray_mind
December 30th, 2013, 09:01 AM
My face is oval shaped and i can pull of any style. I don't want bangs at the moment but maybe someday i'll get them. I had them in the childhood and it suited me well.

DMARTINEZ
December 30th, 2013, 01:57 PM
I don't think you have a super long face. I think the fringe suits you too! Either way is nice!

Deb

Tini'sNewHair
December 30th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Wise - Thank you, you have said it so well!!! Defiantly going for the mature/mysterious look right now :)

Ms.Littlefish - I like the hair out of my face to and its very easy to keep it out of the way when long because you can bun it or braid etc. and the fringe will easily stay in when long enough.

didrash - Thank you :) and I agree, my forehead is not long but more of a happy medium so i havent worried to much about covering it up and i like the way my hair fall around it :)

Selchie - Glad you found what works! :)

Cesil m_ Sounds good and from the look at your profile pic, it suits you well!

RedRavenCurls58 - Whatever works best :)

ErinLeigh - Thank you, I struggled to accept that i can pull it off both ways... I feel like ive grown a lot now because im not so worried about how i look, instead im more relaxed :)

bmcfarland[/B - Yeah i know what you mean, its one of the fringes i like to have :)

[B]Yozhik - Thank you :) Not going to chop my bangs for now, mainly because im to lazy to mantain but also because I like them long for once :)

Apriori
December 30th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I think the blunt fringe looks really good on you, Tini'sNewHair

I have an oval face, so most styles work for me, though I don't quit like how round my face looks with a blunt fringe

Wosie
December 30th, 2013, 02:39 PM
When I saw the first three pictures of you with a fringe I instantly thought "she can't look better without a fringe" as you looked so good with one. But then I scrolled down a little and saw the pictures without a fringe... And I have to say that I think you look even better without it, even though you look very nice with one as well. PS: I have to add that you fit very well in the lipstick you wear in the last piccy!

Speaking of face shapes, I have a very square face. It can't get much squarer. x) It was funny this Christmas when my sister and I compared our face shapes in the mirror and saw the contrast between her very long face and my square. =D

blue_eyes
December 30th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Hey guys, like the title sayswhat face shape do you have? What hairstyle/fringes suits you? I went to this website (http://fluttereyewear.com/face-shape-application)and entered my picture to see what face shape I am, its verrry simple and accurate

I have a long face/OBLONG shaped.Heres a little bit of info I found about my face shape (website here (http://beauty.about.com/od/bestcutsbyfaceshap1/ss/Are-You-Round-Square-Long-Heart-Or-Oval_6.htm) )
Styles That Work Best on a LongFace --- Bangs can be your best friend because they canhide a big forehead. Try brow-skimming, side-swept bangs or blunt bangs. Longlayers work best with pieces hitting at the nose, the chin and the collarbone.
Celebs Who Share Your Face Shape--- Sarah Jessica Parker, AshleeSimpson, Liv Tyler, Giselle Bundchen[COLOR=#4b0082][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]

I have a long/oblong face too. I used to do lots of research on hairstyles for my face type because I'm never happy with how it shapes my face, so naturally I looked at celebrities with the same face shape. What I don't understand is that I always see bands or short hair for this face type, but when I look at the celebrities they've all got LONG hair with NO BANGS (even the ones with big foreheads).

I toy back and forth between no bangs and side swept...I still have no clue which way I should keep it. For now I'm growing them out.

I like both of your hairstyles. Bangs are super cute, no bangs looks very sophisticated :)

MidnightSunlite
December 30th, 2013, 04:12 PM
the blung bangs looked great on you.

i'm oblong face too, but I have side swept bangs because I have glasses and bangs like that just dont work for me, don't like it on my forehead and touching my eyes lol

chen bao jun
December 30th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Another heart shape here. But I look like a pumpkin head with short hair!(because my head is BIG)
Oddly enough, I look just fine with long hair pulled back.
I do have bangs--laziness more than anything. Have had them forever and hate change.

Tini'sNewHair
December 30th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Apriori - Thank you :)

Wosie - Thank you :) I love my red lipstick, I stayed away from it for many many years... since i was a child when my step sister laughed at me saying that red lipstick looks hideous on me - I know its silly but that stuck in my head but about a year ago i bought it and tried it and i was shocked to see that its not bad at all!! I'm 26 years old now, took me long enough :p

Blue_eyes - From what i read, you CAN have long hair IF you keep it wavy to add some width to your face... braid waves are also excellent! BUT I love to keep my hair natural the way it is to and i think its fine. My forehead is not that long and i think that thats what lets me get away with this :)

MidnightSunlite - Thank you and funny you say that because thats what i think of side swept bangs haha :)

chen bao jun - Im like that to :)