PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite detanger

VixenWolfMare
December 28th, 2013, 08:15 PM
My hair hates anything thats not miracle 7.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1eKNR6ge8_o/TeSQQmqYl0I/AAAAAAAAAAw/rIv7qJb-QmE/s1600/311hHAn8d3L._SL300_%255B1%255D.jpg
Witch i'm finding stranger and stranger. I tried to switch to miracle 7 silk witch is suppose to be better for your hair! lol my hair is just like now i'm going to stick to myself like velcro!!! I wanted to know what detangers everyone else seems to like so i can give it a try maybe.

berr
December 28th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Fekkai glossing creme.

ceruleansky
December 28th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Infusium in a spray bottle worked wonders on tangles for me.

HintOfMint
December 29th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Hmm, for me it's never a leave-in, it's usually my rinse out conditioner that does all the heavy lifting. I've had good luck with virtually anything by Herbal Essences, and my hair is perfectly tangle free after any wash with that conditioner. I haven't tried any product to detangle dry hair in between washes, but an Herbal Essences coney conditioner tends to be all I need, with maybe a bit of olive oil after.

sarahthegemini
December 29th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Dove do a nice spray, if you're not adverse to silicones. I'll find a link for you ....

http://m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.com/en/Dove-Hair-Nourishing-Oil-Care-Leave-In-Spray-200ml_1262075/

It worked well for me and also added shine when my hair was in not-so-great condition.

SleepyTangles
December 29th, 2013, 04:13 AM
A bit of jojoba oil (a smidge goes a long way) on wet hair. It works like magic.
Not every oil is so great - argan, that may be enough light for my fine hair, is usually immediatly absorbed by the hair shaft, so it can't be worked through hair like jojoba.

YamaMaya
December 29th, 2013, 05:29 AM
olive oil worked into my hair then a quick run with the TT usually does the trick for me. It gets absorbed later so my hair doesnt get all greasy

lapushka
December 29th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Conditioning twice (really helps), and then a leave-in (Pantene Naturefusion currently), serum (and gel, see thread on "loc method").

jacqueline101
December 29th, 2013, 06:53 AM
I make my own with my cheap white rain 2 teaspoon of conditioner 8 ounce spray bottle and shake thoroughly.

melusine963
December 29th, 2013, 11:11 AM
My favourite leave-in detangler is coconut oil. It's the only thing that stops me from destroying my hair by ripping through tangles.

Naiadryade
December 29th, 2013, 11:40 AM
A few drops of olive oil on dry hair works magic for me! That and keeping up with daily S&D, since splits cause tangles.

My hair hates anything thats not miracle 7. :scissors: Witch i'm finding stranger and stranger. I tried to switch to miracle 7 silk witch is suppose to be better for your hair! lol my hair is just like now i'm going to stick to myself like velcro!!! I wanted to know what detangers everyone else seems to like so i can give it a try maybe.

Bolding mine: it sounds like your hair may not like protein. Silk in hair products is a form of protein, which some people (especially with porous or damaged hair) really need, but some people really must avoid.

Sillage
December 29th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray! Many thank yous to LuxePiggy for recommending it to me. Nothing leaves my hair as smooth and as tangle free as the Alterna Kendi spray. I've used coney products before but this is in a class by its self!

Covet
December 29th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I only detangle wet because I'm super curly and my favourite conditioner for that is Tresemme Naturals.

ositarosita
December 29th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Ion Inspired by Nature Coconut Milk Detangler ... seems to be the only detangler/leave-in my hair actually likes.. followed by a coney serum

schnibbles
December 29th, 2013, 01:39 PM
John Freida Frizz Ease Daily Nourishment Conditioning Spray (has cones but my length really likes it..plus it's cheap)

TheHowlingWolf
December 29th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Kinky Curly's Knot Today, but I recently got Shea Moisture's Detangler & I like it just as much & it seems to be a tad bit more moisturizing.

Dark40
December 29th, 2013, 08:35 PM
My favorite detangler is It's a 10 miracle or Isoplus wrap and setting lotion.

HappyHair87
December 29th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Kinky-Curly Knot Today, Tresseme Naturals or GVP Conditioning Balm...on soaking wet hair in the shower.

I, too, am a super-curly :)

Marika
December 30th, 2013, 03:20 AM
I've used CHI keratin mist for years even though I'm not so crazy about spray leave-ins. Super coney serums are also good if I have really bad tangles (any brand goes really).

AmyBeth
December 30th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I've gone back to a coney rinse out conditioner, it works for me like nothing else. Although when I was exploring no cone hair care, I did like a few drops of avocado oil in a teaspoon or so of aloe gel to aid in distribution so it didn't weigh my hair down.

spirals
December 30th, 2013, 01:17 PM
I only need detangler on dry hair. I have catnip and nettle tea in a spray bottle for that; nettles contain natural silica. But before that I will lightly oil it by putting a drop of almond/jojoba oil in my hand, running a BBB over it, and brushing the surface and underlayer of my hair. The oil helps the TT or comb to glide better. I will say the TT (really Goody's version, the Tanglefix) is fantastic. Without that I'd have a harder time.

long&blonde
December 30th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Mane and tail detangler spray.

OurAtronach
December 30th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Glycerin mixed in water does the trick.

heidi w.
December 30th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I use a conditioner which detangles VERY well. Let me go look at the name. Hold on. Well, I can't mention the product on this site, but it works beautifully, PLUS it makes my hair smell really, really good.
heidi w.

swearnsue
December 30th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I use a conditioner which detangles VERY well. Let me go look at the name. Hold on. Well, I can't mention the product on this site, but it works beautifully, PLUS it makes my hair smell really, really good.
heidi w.

Now I'm really curious and must know the name of the product!