PDA

View Full Version : Current length shot

Aingeal
December 28th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I had hubby take a pic of my length today.

Here I am in September right after joining

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/thevictorious6/1379130294_zps865b6804.jpg

And here is today. I'm having a bad curl day because of dry weather...not to mention they are day two curls.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff27/thevictorious6/Mobile%20Uploads/1388250793_zps2d8bef64.jpg

its hard to tell about the growth, but I am pleased to see that it has thickened at the shoulders and looks much happier. I'm starring to think I may be more 2c than anything. Most of my curls are at the ends. During the summer they really curl up though so I don't know....

Wildcat Diva
December 28th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Ummmm. I'd go with 3. Somewhere in that realm. You are beyond the 2s. I think....

Looks so great!

Aingeal
December 28th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Ummmm. I'd go with 3. Somewhere in that realm. You are beyond the 2s. I think....

Looks so great!

Thanks! I do see a lot of 3a. During the summer I can get into 3c with all the humidity!

Tini'sNewHair
December 28th, 2013, 08:10 PM
So beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!

walterSCAN
December 28th, 2013, 08:22 PM
I definitely see 3a at least. And lots of increased thickness! Yay! :bounce:

Firefox7275
December 28th, 2013, 08:32 PM
You aren't a wavy in the 2s, definitely a curly in the 3s.

Aingeal
December 28th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Thank you! I always have to giggle at some of my ends that have little to no curl. They re so damaged from flat ironing. I got a new flat iron a little over a year ago, maybe 18 months, and turned it up too high, burning a section of my hair. I'm still growing that section out.

Anje
December 28th, 2013, 09:09 PM
It's grown a bit, though I can see that the curls are concealing some of that.

I'd definitely put you in the 3a-3b range. I tend to think of 3s in terms of curl diameter, personally. In my mind (curlies, feel free to correct me here) 3a is something like fat sidewalk chalk, 3b is Sharpie/Magic Marker size, and 3c is pencil size curls. That sound about right?

Aingeal
December 28th, 2013, 09:12 PM

I'd definitely put you in the 3a-3b range. I tend to think of 3s in terms of curl diameter, personally. In my mind (curlies, feel free to correct me here) 3a is something like fat sidewalk chalk, 3b is Sharpie/Magic Marker size, and 3c is pencil size curls. That sound about right?

Honestly it's grown almost two inches since then! It's crazy how the curls hide it.

That's kind of how I think of it too. I have combo hair. Some of it has tight s waves, some tight coils, and lots of in betweens.

lapushka
December 29th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Very nice, and I *love* your color! :D

sarahthegemini
December 29th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Lovely hair, so nice and shiny. And it's definitely thickened up :)

melusine963
December 29th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Your day two curls look better than my day ones ever do. You have lovely hair.

Hootenanny
December 29th, 2013, 11:24 AM

That's the "official" way of determining curl type, as far as I know. :)

Aingeal: My hair is quite similar to yours in texture (maybe slightly curlier in some places), and I consider myself a 3b. I know how hard it is to see growth on our kind of hair, but it does look to me like you've grown and certainly it looks thicker, as you said. The color is absolutely stunning as well!

Aingeal
December 29th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Lovely hair, so nice and shiny. And it's definitely thickened up :)

Thank you! It's getting even thicker. I have tons of new growth coming in!

Your day two curls look better than my day ones ever do. You have lovely hair.

Thanks! I'm honestly still getting used to being curly all the time. I used to keep it straight.

That's the "official" way of determining curl type, as far as I know. :)

Aingeal: My hair is quite similar to yours in texture (maybe slightly curlier in some places), and I consider myself a 3b. I know how hard it is to see growth on our kind of hair, but it does look to me like you've grown and certainly it looks thicker, as you said. The color is absolutely stunning as well!

Thanks! Yay for henna!

SleepyTangles
December 29th, 2013, 03:13 PM
If this it "bad hair day", can you please post a "good" one ;)? To me it looks awesome, but I admit I have a bad case of curl-envy!
It looks happier and fuller, but it was pretty even in the first photo.