PDA

View Full Version : Unable to view very long threads when logged in?

sumidha
December 28th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Hello Mods, I'm sorry if this has already been covered somewhere and I missed it, but I've looked around a little bit and not been able to find the information I'm looking for.

When I'm logged in to my account, and try to view a very long thread (around over a thousand responses, although I haven't gotten scientific with it yet...) nothing happens. The page loads, but it's a blank white page. This happens no matter what browser I use, and if I log out, and view the thread, it loads. I've also tried clearing my history/cookies, which is about the extent of my computer skills, and that hasn't fixed it either.

Am I missing something really obvious? Am I just not cool enough to post in the braid picture thread? Should I have PMed someone about this instead of making a whole new thread? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Anje
December 28th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Huh, weird. Can't say I've seen that sort of trouble myself, and I can't see anything obvious with your account.

I guess the next thing is have you make sure your cache is cleared as well as dumping cookies, then restart your browser. Let us know if that works.

Oh, and no problem starting a new thread. It makes it more obvious that there's a problem.

Gumball
December 28th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Head into your settings, then into General Settings. Is your thread display linear or hybrid? I believe this issue happens with the hybrid setting.

sumidha
December 28th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Yes that fixed it, thank you Gumball! :D

Gumball
December 28th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Yay! :happydance:

Anje
December 29th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Heh, you can tell who's been at this longer. :D

hypersensitive
January 17th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Head into your settings, then into General Settings. Is your thread display linear or hybrid? I believe this issue happens with the hybrid setting.

This solved it for me as well! Thanks Gumball!

Gumball
January 20th, 2014, 12:40 PM
This solved it for me as well! Thanks Gumball!

:happydance: