PDA

View Full Version : I chopped it all off! (pic)

Lyv
December 28th, 2013, 01:27 AM
I went in on the 26th and had all of my hair cut off, I went from about .5-1" away from waist to having a long pixie. I've been thinking about doing it for a couple of months now because I was getting so frustrated with the old bleach damage and demarcation line between colors but decided to really think about it instead of just chopping it off on a whim. I also decided not to post about it too much on here and didn't talk about it with my friends so I could really decide what *I* want to do without having anyone else's opinion influencing me. I actually really like it and haven't missed my hair at all, I love that it's is all one color now! I am still growing my hair and don't plan to keep it short I just want to have hair that is healthy and I feel like now that I've learned how to really care for it I'll enjoy the process a lot more than I did before. I don't think it'll take me long to get back to where I was pre chop, it only took 2 years to go from bob to bsl and since I don't use heat or plan to cut it should take me about the same amount of time. And of course here's a picture!

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx197/ambersylviadawn/3576b5c1-593f-43a8-a4c4-95171782f2b9.jpg (http://s755.photobucket.com/user/ambersylviadawn/media/3576b5c1-593f-43a8-a4c4-95171782f2b9.jpg.html)

TheWhiteRabbit
December 28th, 2013, 01:35 AM
It looks really cute!

Flor
December 28th, 2013, 01:42 AM
Glad to hear you're happy with your decision! I think often part of fun of having long hair is actually growing it out ;) You know, the journey, not destination.

RubberDucky
December 28th, 2013, 01:45 AM
That looks really nice - suits you :)

Tini'sNewHair
December 28th, 2013, 02:25 AM
OMG!!! :O you were in the BSL to waist thread im pretty sure...

anyway

The new cut looks really good on you and im glad you are happy :)

Silverbrumby
December 28th, 2013, 05:18 AM
It looks beautiful on you and you have an amazing growth rate so growing it back will take no time at all. So you are a natural auburn?

Juniper.
December 28th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Your new cut really suits you :)

Is that your natural colour? If so that's such a beautiful natural shade to have (it's beautiful if it's dye/henna too - it complements your skin tone perfectly).

NuclearApple
December 28th, 2013, 05:48 AM
I see many chops in this period lol! anyway it looks awesome on you! you rock it girl! :D

Aingeal
December 28th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Looks fantastic! Glad you like it!

allycat
December 28th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Your haircut looks adorable on you! Enjoy.

ErinLeigh
December 28th, 2013, 07:01 AM
wow we could be related. You and I look a lot alike. I may have to PM u a pic of me. crazy
You could be my prettier sister! lol

I am so happy for you, I wouldn't have told anyone either if I was cutting either. It's better when it is you personal thing. Cutting hair almost feels spiritual in a way. It really changes something inside of me anyway I have gone from long to bald, to long to chin bob, curly to straight etc etc. I just love all things hair and love the energy certain cuts give me.

It is going to be so fun starting over with a clean slate. I personally love all the different styles you get growing out a short cut. Keeps the look very fresh and new as hair looks different every single month.

I was just looking at your signature the other day marveling at your below bob to past BSL in 2 yrs photo. I was feeling bummed about layers and wondering what to do do about them. I saw your pic and I made me realize it is just hair, it does grow and just enjoy the journey. Ended up booking a cut for Tuesday actually :)

So in all my ramblings what I really want to say is thank you for sharing your photo of the haircut. It looks great and I am really glad you are enjoying it. It just looks fun!

oh..and you my get to post in the dumbest comments you have received thread. I bet someone is going to ask you if you had your extensions removed. hehehe

jacqueline101
December 28th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Your hair looks great. I do hope you enjoy it.

lapushka
December 28th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Too bad you didn't want to post about it... I always think it's sad to see someone go from long hair to so short (pixies have such awkward lengths to go through and that's the first thing that crosses my mind). But it looks really nice! :flower: :D

Aingeal
December 28th, 2013, 07:24 AM
wow we could be related. You and I look a lot alike. I may have to PM u a pic of me. crazy

I am so happy for you, I wouldn't have told anyone either if I was cutting either. It's better when it is you personal thing. Cutting hair almost feels spiritual in a way. It really changes something inside of me anyway I have gone from long to bald, to long to chin bob, curly to straight etc etc. I just love all things hair and love the energy certain cuts give me.

It is going to be so fun starting over with a clean slate. I personally love all the different styles you get growing out a short cut. Keeps the look very fresh and new as hair looks different every single month.

I was just looking at your signature the other day marveling at your below bob to past BSL in 2 yrs photo. I was feeling bummed about layers and wondering what to do do about them. I saw your pic and I made me realize it is just hair, it does grow and just enjoy the journey. Ended up booking a cut for Tuesday actually :)

So in all my ramblings what I really want to say is thank you for sharing your photo of the haircut. It looks great and I am really glad you are enjoying it. It just looks fun!

oh..and you my get to post in the dumbest comments you have received thread. I bet someone is going to ask you if you had your extensions removed. hehehe

Can you not get me emotional so early in th morning! :) ;) what a beautiful comment!

Lyv
December 28th, 2013, 08:04 AM
It looks really cute!

That looks really nice - suits you :)

Looks fantastic! Glad you like it!

Your haircut looks adorable on you! Enjoy.

Your hair looks great. I do hope you enjoy it.

Thank you so much!

Glad to hear you're happy with your decision! I think often part of fun of having long hair is actually growing it out ;) You know, the journey, not destination.

I agree! I was so unhappy with the way my hair looked that I was constantly trying to find ways to hide what I didn't like and dreaming about what it would look like once I grew out all of the damage. Now I remember all of the stages my hair went through already and know the things I can do differently and I'm excited about my hair again!

OMG!!! :O you were in the BSL to waist thread im pretty sure...

anyway

The new cut looks really good on you and im glad you are happy :)

Thank you! Yes I was, I'll be there again someday but I'm sure you'll have moved on by then lol good luck on getting to waist I think the last picture you put up in that thread you were about MBL so you don't have much longer to wait!(unless I'm confusing you with someone else)

It looks beautiful on you and you have an amazing growth rate so growing it back will take no time at all. So you are a natural auburn?

Thank you! I am hoping my growth stays the same (wouldn't mind faster though haha) No I'm not mine is a natural dark blonde with some red in it, I just hennaed my roots a few days before I cut.

Your new cut really suits you :)

Is that your natural colour? If so that's such a beautiful natural shade to have (it's beautiful if it's dye/henna too - it complements your skin tone perfectly).

Thank you! No it isn't I just hennaed my roots before the chop :)

I see many chops in this period lol! anyway it looks awesome on you! you rock it girl! :D

Thanks! Yeah I've noticed that too, I wonder if it's because of the new year coming or the dryness that can come along with the winter...

Thank you so so much! This explains how I was feeling about cutting my hair when I did it, I feel so fresh and new right now and I can't wait to see how it grows and all the things I can try again. I'm so glad I didn't try to get too many opinions its the first time I've gotten a cute and really been happy with it and I think it's because I did what I wanted and not let someone else tell me to do something I wouldn't be as happy with. Good luck on your cut! Are you going shorter or just trimming? I hope you post pictures :)

Too bad you didn't want to post about it... I always think it's sad to see someone go from long hair to so short (pixies have such awkward lengths to go through and that's the first thing that crosses my mind). But it looks really nice! :flower: :D

Thanks! It was a little sad but I needed the fresh start and I knew it wouldn't take much to talk me into keeping it even if I was unhappy with the way it looked so I had to keep it to myself lol. I am a little worried about the grow out but I think if I get it shaped it'll be ok and it's not a full pixie so it isn't really really short in the back and should grow into a workable bob pretty easily.

spidermom
December 28th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I like it; nice cut on you.

LauraLongLocks
December 28th, 2013, 09:10 AM
It looks really pretty on you, and you chose a nice, longer pixie, so hopefully you won't have the evil mullet stage for very long, if at all. I hope you love it!

Wosie
December 28th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I think somebody as pretty as you (plus the addition of an oval face shape) could look good in any hairdo. :)
I got a little curious about something, though, is the picture of your longer hair in your signature representative of how your long hair looked like on a regular basis? If so, I think your quality of hair is amazing. I guess you mainly wanted to cut away the coloured hair to continue growing out your own hair colour? Either way, you'll grow back your hair in no-time, it seems to grow quite fast! And I'm sure it'll look even better this time around. :D

patienceneeded
December 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Very cute!!!

Talma
December 28th, 2013, 12:01 PM
When I first started reading your post my thought was "oh no! *gasp* she cut all of that beautiful hair off?" Then I scrolled down to your picture and I must say that I love it! And I'm glad that you made a decision that you're happy with instead of letting others tell you what they think you should do. I'm always frustrated with my hair due to change in texture, frizz, poofiness, tangles, and dry scalp issues but just can't bring myself to actually cut it. There would be a giant moon pie face with a tiny halo of curls if I did lol. I plan to put it in updos for a month and maybe if I'm tired of it after that I can re-read your post for the courage to cut. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Crumpet
December 28th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Lovely! You have a good philosophy about your hair. Enjoy!

Angela_Rose
December 28th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Wow, what a drastic change. It is a really cute cut, though, and you get to begin the growth journey all over again! Have fun!

HintOfMint
December 28th, 2013, 12:17 PM
You look lovely! I know you're planning on growing it out again, but rest assured, you look great with short hair as well. You also kinda look like a younger version of the female detective on Law and Order SVU, very pretty!

bunnylake
December 28th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Yay! Doesn't it feel awesome?
I'm growing mine out again too, but I actually don't want to grow it past BSL I don't think. I just want to have fun with different cuts and styles for a while along the way.
Enjoy your fun short hair :D

Laura-Anne
December 28th, 2013, 12:30 PM
You're so beautiful! The pixie really suits your face.

Skade
December 28th, 2013, 12:32 PM
I'm so caught up in my growing-long-hair-state-of-mind that it feels really refreshing to see a picture like yours and feel, wow that woman looks gorgeous in short hair. To be reminded that short hair can look good too. You really rock that hairstyle. You look great Lyv!

walterSCAN
December 28th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Oh that is SUCH a cute haircut! Suits your face perfectly! Happy growing!!

Decemberrose
December 28th, 2013, 12:38 PM
So cute :)
Some people can have their short or long and still look cool in both looks.
You look like a modern Audrey Hepburn ;) cute... enjoy the fun hairstyles at every length on your journey.

jacqueline101
December 28th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Thank you so much!

I agree! I was so unhappy with the way my hair looked that I was constantly trying to find ways to hide what I didn't like and dreaming about what it would look like once I grew out all of the damage. Now I remember all of the stages my hair went through already and know the things I can do differently and I'm excited about my hair again!

Thank you! Yes I was, I'll be there again someday but I'm sure you'll have moved on by then lol good luck on getting to waist I think the last picture you put up in that thread you were about MBL so you don't have much longer to wait!(unless I'm confusing you with someone else)

Thank you! I am hoping my growth stays the same (wouldn't mind faster though haha) No I'm not mine is a natural dark blonde with some red in it, I just hennaed my roots a few days before I cut.

Thank you! No it isn't I just hennaed my roots before the chop :)

Thanks! Yeah I've noticed that too, I wonder if it's because of the new year coming or the dryness that can come along with the winter...

Thank you so so much! This explains how I was feeling about cutting my hair when I did it, I feel so fresh and new right now and I can't wait to see how it grows and all the things I can try again. I'm so glad I didn't try to get too many opinions its the first time I've gotten a cute and really been happy with it and I think it's because I did what I wanted and not let someone else tell me to do something I wouldn't be as happy with. Good luck on your cut! Are you going shorter or just trimming? I hope you post pictures :)

Thanks! It was a little sad but I needed the fresh start and I knew it wouldn't take much to talk me into keeping it even if I was unhappy with the way it looked so I had to keep it to myself lol. I am a little worried about the grow out but I think if I get it shaped it'll be ok and it's not a full pixie so it isn't really really short in the back and should grow into a workable bob pretty easily.

I do hope you stay on here. I'm glad you like your hair once again.

Tini'sNewHair
December 28th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Yup, thats me trying to get to waist already :) If only my hair grew as fasty as yours and IF ONLY i could pull out such awesome shorter styles, it would be a lot of fun but it seems like im a long hair type of girl *sigh* - Anyway, takecare *hugs*

durgidog
December 28th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I absolutely LOVE IT! Very flattering to your features. I admire that you thought it over for yourself without sharing, that would be hard for me. But so much fun to surprise your friends and family, I bet some of them were floored.

MeowScat
December 28th, 2013, 02:40 PM
What a great cut! I wish I could rock a pixie, but my face shape can't pull it off. Good for you for starting fresh, it'll make the growing-out journey much easier. You look fantastic!

Brielle
December 28th, 2013, 02:54 PM
It looks great on you! I hope you have fun with it as it grows out. I really loved some of the styles I could do with shorter hair! :)

SleepyTangles
December 28th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Its really pretty :D! Suits your face shape very well, too!

Lyv
December 28th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I like it; nice cut on you.

Thank you!

It looks really pretty on you, and you chose a nice, longer pixie, so hopefully you won't have the evil mullet stage for very long, if at all. I hope you love it!

Thanks! I really do love it but I'm readying myself for the mullet stage haha!

I think somebody as pretty as you (plus the addition of an oval face shape) could look good in any hairdo. :)
I got a little curious about something, though, is the picture of your longer hair in your signature representative of how your long hair looked like on a regular basis? If so, I think your quality of hair is amazing. I guess you mainly wanted to cut away the coloured hair to continue growing out your own hair colour? Either way, you'll grow back your hair in no-time, it seems to grow quite fast! And I'm sure it'll look even better this time around. :D

Aww thank you! Yeah that's what my hair looked like before, it wasn't terribly damaged but with the difference between what the new growth looked and felt like made it seem worse I think. It does grow fairly quick, about an inch a month on average so I'm hoping I'll be back to BSL in 2 years if I don't cut like I did before I grew it out the last time.

Very cute!!!

Thank you!

When I first started reading your post my thought was "oh no! *gasp* she cut all of that beautiful hair off?" Then I scrolled down to your picture and I must say that I love it! And I'm glad that you made a decision that you're happy with instead of letting others tell you what they think you should do. I'm always frustrated with my hair due to change in texture, frizz, poofiness, tangles, and dry scalp issues but just can't bring myself to actually cut it. There would be a giant moon pie face with a tiny halo of curls if I did lol. I plan to put it in updos for a month and maybe if I'm tired of it after that I can re-read your post for the courage to cut. Thanks for sharing this. :)

Thank you! I think there's a lot less regret when you come to the decision on your own. My sister has curly hair and actually went with me and got hers cut into a pixie and it looks fantastic!

Lovely! You have a good philosophy about your hair. Enjoy!

Thank you!

Wow, what a drastic change. It is a really cute cut, though, and you get to begin the growth journey all over again! Have fun!

Thanks, I can't wait to grow it out without all of the heat/dye damage I put it through the last time!

You look lovely! I know you're planning on growing it out again, but rest assured, you look great with short hair as well. You also kinda look like a younger version of the female detective on Law and Order SVU, very pretty!

Oh I love her! Thank you!!

Yay! Doesn't it feel awesome?
I'm growing mine out again too, but I actually don't want to grow it past BSL I don't think. I just want to have fun with different cuts and styles for a while along the way.
Enjoy your fun short hair :D

It really does! I really liked BSL once it got a little longer I ran into some styling issues because my hair is so thick. I hope you enjoy growing yours out and finding new styles!

You're so beautiful! The pixie really suits your face.

Thank you so much!

I'm so caught up in my growing-long-hair-state-of-mind that it feels really refreshing to see a picture like yours and feel, wow that woman looks gorgeous in short hair. To be reminded that short hair can look good too. You really rock that hairstyle. You look great Lyv!

Thank you! You're all so sweet I'm blushing!

Oh that is SUCH a cute haircut! Suits your face perfectly! Happy growing!!

Thank you!

So cute :)
Some people can have their short or long and still look cool in both looks.
You look like a modern Audrey Hepburn ;) cute... enjoy the fun hairstyles at every length on your journey.

Thank you :)

I do hope you stay on here. I'm glad you like your hair once again.

I'm definitely planning to stick around especially since I'm starting a brand new hair journey!

Yup, thats me trying to get to waist already :) If only my hair grew as fasty as yours and IF ONLY i could pull out such awesome shorter styles, it would be a lot of fun but it seems like im a long hair type of girl *sigh* - Anyway, takecare *hugs*

I think you could probably pull it off but long hair is so beautiful especially with hair that looks as healthy as yours!

I absolutely LOVE IT! Very flattering to your features. I admire that you thought it over for yourself without sharing, that would be hard for me. But so much fun to surprise your friends and family, I bet some of them were floored.

Thank you! I did tell my sister before doing it so she could help explain what I wanted to the stylist but everyone else was pretty surprised, they knew I was going to get it cut but they're used to that being my once a year trim.

What a great cut! I wish I could rock a pixie, but my face shape can't pull it off. Good for you for starting fresh, it'll make the growing-out journey much easier. You look fantastic!

Thank you! I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's long an undamaged!

It looks great on you! I hope you have fun with it as it grows out. I really loved some of the styles I could do with shorter hair! :)

Thank you! I did too, I can't wait to be able to do a crown braid again!

Its really pretty :D! Suits your face shape very well, too!

jacqueline101
December 28th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Thank you!

Thanks! I really do love it but I'm readying myself for the mullet stage haha!

Aww thank you! Yeah that's what my hair looked like before, it wasn't terribly damaged but with the difference between what the new growth looked and felt like made it seem worse I think. It does grow fairly quick, about an inch a month on average so I'm hoping I'll be back to BSL in 2 years if I don't cut like I did before I grew it out the last time.

Thank you!

Thank you! I think there's a lot less regret when you come to the decision on your own. My sister has curly hair and actually went with me and got hers cut into a pixie and it looks fantastic!

Thank you!

Thanks, I can't wait to grow it out without all of the heat/dye damage I put it through the last time!

Oh I love her! Thank you!!

It really does! I really liked BSL once it got a little longer I ran into some styling issues because my hair is so thick. I hope you enjoy growing yours out and finding new styles!

Thank you so much!

Thank you! You're all so sweet I'm blushing!

Thank you!

Thank you :)

I'm definitely planning to stick around especially since I'm starting a brand new hair journey!

I think you could probably pull it off but long hair is so beautiful especially with hair that looks as healthy as yours!

Thank you! I did tell my sister before doing it so she could help explain what I wanted to the stylist but everyone else was pretty surprised, they knew I was going to get it cut but they're used to that being my once a year trim.

Thank you! I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's long an undamaged!

Thank you! I did too, I can't wait to be able to do a crown braid again!

I'm glad you're looking forward to your new hair journey. See you around.