PDA

View Full Version : modifying claws and barrettes to use in fine hair

Agnes Hannah
December 26th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Hi
I have very fine thin hair and wear it in a claw regularly. My claw is specifically for fine hair, but its the only one I can use as ordinary claws fall out and will not hold my hair. I would like to wear different ones to ring the changes. Does anyone know if there is a way of modifying claws and barrettes so they will be suitable for finer hairs?
Thank you
AgnesHannah
x

DweamGoiL
December 26th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I am just curious as to what the difference is? I have fine hair and just use regular claws. I try to find ones that are not too big since they do feel heavy.

georgia_peach
December 26th, 2013, 03:37 PM
I've seen claw clips with the extra teeth near the hinge area, which I think is supposed to hold thin, fine hair more effectively. I've used that kind with success, but don't know how to modify a claw for fine hair. Sorry, guess that wasn't much help. :o

swearnsue
December 26th, 2013, 06:15 PM
I like the Soft Grip series from Goody.

Child sized silicone hair bands, like rubber bands but tiny, can be used around some clip parts so they don't slid out of your hair. For example the pin on a Flexi-8 can be wrapped with a couple of tiny silicone bands to keep it from slipping out.

Using styles that are braided give clips and pins something to grab onto! Sorta.

I've also tried using bobby pins just underneath a clip to keep it from just slipping down onto the floor!