PDA

View Full Version : I've just found a "le hair" on my head

YamaMaya
December 26th, 2013, 04:27 AM
I remember someone on this forum posting a thread about a hair they dubbed "le hair", and I thought it fitting, so I'm hijacking it :p. Anyhow, I've found a few on MY head. I ended up pulling one out as I examined it, but I left the other be because I don't want to develop a habit of pulling. They are weirdly textured and crinkly looking, almost like they're damaged but it just grows that way. I also found a weird albino hair that's completely white that I hadn't noticed until I stopped dying my hair. It's funny what you start to notice when you're really paying attention :lol:

Kherome
December 26th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Albino hairs are AKA grey Haha!

martyna_22
December 26th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Yes, I've got these weirdly-textured ones! Mostly on the top of my head. These strands are somehow coarser.. but feel and look horrible. I don't have that many of them, though! :D

Lunearia
December 26th, 2013, 05:49 AM
I have these too! What IS this? :confused: My 'le hairs' are short and new, and on top of my head just like Martyna's…they're not noticeable until you look closely, but this bothers me a bit.

antler_tines
December 26th, 2013, 06:03 AM
I have a few, and I found one on my husband recently. I think its normal to have different hair textures mixed in. I have a mix of fine and medium mostly, with some super coarse and super fine mixed in. Occationally I find those type 4 hairs mixed in but they don't worry me :P its these "albino" hairs I keep finding that bother me...... they seem to be growing in numbers lol!

YamaMaya
December 26th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Albino hairs are AKA grey Haha!

I'm 25, can they really come that early? :(

MandyBeth
December 26th, 2013, 07:32 AM
I'm 25, can they really come that early? :(

I've had scattered greys since I was 12. First at 25, you are lucky :)

owly
December 26th, 2013, 07:37 AM
I got my rogue streak of gray when I was in my last semester of graduate school. I've learned to love it. :)

antler_tines
December 26th, 2013, 07:45 AM
I found the first when I was 19, I'll be 28 in January. Every time I lose a hair near my temples it comes back "albino" its really noticeable against my dark hair. :justy:

Redvelvetdragon
December 26th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Late onset Albinism. :)

embee
December 26th, 2013, 07:48 AM
When I was in college I found "le hair" growing out of one eyebrow. Now how could I have missed that while it was growing??? It was at least 2 inches long, coarse and twisty. I pulled it (after freaking a bit) and it bled like crazy for a moment or two. Never came back, never saw another (that I remember, certainly not in my *eyebrow*!). I think it grew overnight, because I do not think I could have missed several months of growing....

lapushka
December 26th, 2013, 09:03 AM
When I was a teen I had a weird "le hair" on the middle of my head, right at my forehead, it was thicker than dog hair and had a massive root with a diameter of a few mm. To this day I don't know what caused that to grow there. After pulling it out (it was too thick even for a fine toothed comb to pass over), it never grew back. I had a gaping little hole for a few weeks, though.

Dowzey
December 26th, 2013, 09:16 AM
I started developing them in middle school, and now about 30 percent of my hair is like this. My normal hair is light blonette, fine and stick straight, these are black with a red shine and crinkly curly. My eyebrows are dark brown, but my arm hairs are white. I'm really starting to wonder what I am turning into. :P How many more hairs will be assimilated? Fun fact, my eyes are slighty different coloured and shaped too, am I secretly two people? xD

DweamGoiL
December 26th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I managed to spot one when I was first growing out my hair to TBL (about 9 years ago). It was really wiry, but dang if the sucker wasn't as healthy as can be - shinny, coarse as a bobbed wire fence, but straight and growing strongly. This time around, I haven't found it again, but it may be lurking under the canopy of my hair somewhere :monkey:

truepeacenik
December 26th, 2013, 09:55 AM
I giggled at barbed wire fence.

Well, my first "fishing lines" appeared at 16. I even had banded hairs my then partner dubbed "peppermint stripe." (In my 30s)

I'm 45 now with a section trying to be a cool stripe and some sparklies scattered about.
You have to be very close to notice the silvers.

So early invasion can be slow colonization as far as grey is concerned.

Texture? I think that's so random. I joke that it's proof I should have been curly.
At 45, there's an age related texture shift possibility.

noludoru
December 26th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I started developing them in middle school, and now about 30 percent of my hair is like this. My normal hair is light blonette, fine and stick straight, these are black with a red shine and crinkly curly. My eyebrows are dark brown, but my arm hairs are white. I'm really starting to wonder what I am turning into. :P How many more hairs will be assimilated? Fun fact, my eyes are slighty different coloured and shaped too, am I secretly two people? xD

I'm so relieved to hear that I'm not the only one. I started finding these in 2008, and they're super coarse, black and crinkly. 2-3x the width of the other hairs. I fried and dyed my hair for a few years straight, so I've never noticed how many there are, but now that I'm growing it out, I have at least 30% coverage of them. I'm brunette, at least, so it's harder to tell, but they're all JET BLACK and crinkly. They stand up in weird ways, too.