PDA

View Full Version : Hair dried rapidly after wash! Never happened.

höpönasu
December 25th, 2013, 01:06 PM
I came here as quickly as I could. *pant*
I just took a shower and after I applied my face creams which took about 1-2 minutes. In that time my hair dried from I-just-got-out-of-shower-and-did-nothing-to-dry-my-hair wet to hey-I'm-not-dripping-wet-anymore. I literally did nothing to dry my hair when I stepped out of the shower and started my face care. Usually my hair is still heavily dripping when I've applied my body creams and start to put on clothes (roughly 10-15 minutes after I've stepped out of shower AND patted my hair a little drier). I added some glycerol after my Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator. Could it be that glycerol is still there absorbing the moisture and actually drying my hair? I applied some coconut oil on my ends but bah do I feel betrayed by glycerol after the magic it did to my skin. Did I rinsed too fast?

/ So, my main concern is: is this bad for my hair?

Madora
December 25th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Looks like the glycerol might have helped with drying. You might want to Wiki glycerol and read about it. Personally, I'd have reservations about using it as a drying agent.

MeowScat
December 25th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I agree with Madora, look it up.

My hair has been drying a lot faster lately, but it's freezing outside so I have the heat up in the house. There's almost no humidity in here and it's even drying out my oily skin so much that I have to wear a lot of moisturizer.

höpönasu
December 28th, 2013, 10:38 AM
My ends were a bit more crunchy than before so I oiled them lightly with avocado oil. Today I washed again my hair without using glycerol and my hair is back to normal. Now I just have to figure out where to use that glycerol. I won't use it again on my hair and I use enough products on my face.:)

meteor
December 28th, 2013, 10:56 AM
My hair dries much faster in winter due to heating. When I use heavier conditioners, lots of oils and cones, my hair dries somewhat slower as they provide an occlusive barrier.

And I agree with Madora on glycerol reservations.