PDA

View Full Version : 5 Months of Growth

&rea
December 24th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Just wanted to share my progress. The photo in the corner is from July 2013, after my big chop (my apologies for the quality of the photo). It's about chin length there. The larger photo was taken a few minutes ago. I know everyone is different, but does this rate of growth seem normal?

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj183/andrea_brooke_2007/Snapshot_201312243copy-1.jpg (http://s272.photobucket.com/user/andrea_brooke_2007/media/Snapshot_201312243copy-1.jpg.html)

ErinLeigh
December 24th, 2013, 10:58 PM
It seems it grew pretty fast to me. I notice some people have hair that grows faster at certain times. Mine does the same old barely a half inch every single month. You may have had some .75 to inch months perhaps? Do you know how many inches it grew?
It looks really pretty right now :)

THis link shows what you can expect for an average timeline and you surpassed it. http://www.hairfinder.com/info/hair-lengths2.htm

Auburndreaming
December 24th, 2013, 11:00 PM
I think you've had great growth progress! But then again my hair might grow slow in comparison! :D

&rea
December 24th, 2013, 11:40 PM
It seems it grew pretty fast to me. I notice some people have hair that grows faster at certain times. Mine does the same old barely a half inch every single month. You may have had some .75 to inch months perhaps? Do you know how many inches it grew?
It looks really pretty right now :)

THis link shows what you can expect for an average timeline and you surpassed it. http://www.hairfinder.com/info/hair-lengths2.htm

Thank you! ;) I don't know exactly how many inches it has grown. I wish I would have measured. In the first photo, my bangs are above my eyebrows. Now (when hanging straight down) my bangs are touching my lips. I think that is about 4 to 4.5 inches. I haven't trimmed at all, just S&D as needed. I also gave up heat styling, so that helps me go as long as I can without getting a trim.

&rea
December 24th, 2013, 11:41 PM
I think you've had great growth progress! But then again my hair might grow slow in comparison! :D

Thanks! :pinktongue: It just feels slow. Maybe I'm just inpatient.

DweamGoiL
December 24th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Nice growth!

Tini'sNewHair
December 25th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Awesome growth :)

Agnieszka
December 25th, 2013, 02:00 AM
Your hair seem to grow very fast to me! Congrats!

redtuss
December 25th, 2013, 04:18 AM
That is good growth! :D

Hair grows in cycles, at least for me, so at times it's slower and at other times faster. When growing from chin it's always been kinda fast for me - if it's because it is actually growing faster or it just feels faster since you can see the difference better is a question of it's own though ;)

Unfortunately the hairfinder-link did not work for me, I was excited to see it :S
I think that roughly I think of waist/hip to take 3 years from chin, tailbone as 4-5 and knee as 7 years or something but that differs from person to person of course. In the past waist/hip has taken me 3 years to achieve with my mothers haircare as a child (and shorter!) and with salontrims 2-3 times a year.

Flor
December 25th, 2013, 04:32 AM
When growing from chin it's always been kinda fast for me - if it's because it is actually growing faster or it just feels faster since you can see the difference better is a question of it's own though ;)

I've noticed it too! Pretty sure it's just easier to see the difference. Once it's a few inches past shoulder, it feels like it's going much slower. I'm now creeping up on midback and all of a sudden it feels like it's growing faster again, because it's becoming easier to visually track down the progress and I'm getting out of the awkward (for me) APL zone, where I was most impatient.

redtuss
December 25th, 2013, 04:48 AM
I've noticed it too! Pretty sure it's just easier to see the difference. Once it's a few inches past shoulder, it feels like it's going much slower. I'm now creeping up on midback and all of a sudden it feels like it's growing faster again, because it's becoming easier to visually track down the progress and I'm getting out of the awkward (for me) APL zone, where I was most impatient.

I think so too :) It's a lot easier to see as well when it's above the shoulders, when the length is at the back it's a lot harder, sure one can see on the front as well but boobies steals the length a bit on the front! XD

&rea
December 25th, 2013, 09:38 AM
That is good growth! :D

Hair grows in cycles, at least for me, so at times it's slower and at other times faster. When growing from chin it's always been kinda fast for me - if it's because it is actually growing faster or it just feels faster since you can see the difference better is a question of it's own though ;)

Unfortunately the hairfinder-link did not work for me, I was excited to see it :S
I think that roughly I think of waist/hip to take 3 years from chin, tailbone as 4-5 and knee as 7 years or something but that differs from person to person of course. In the past waist/hip has taken me 3 years to achieve with my mothers haircare as a child (and shorter!) and with salontrims 2-3 times a year.

This is from the link that ErinLeigh posted. I guess it does seem to be growing faster than the time frames given here. It's also more noticeable than growth I gained when I had longer hair because it's practically in my face. I think I'm going for waist-hip. Three years seems like such a long time, but oh well. The time will pass anyway :).

Ear to chin = 6 months
Chin to neck = 3 – 4 months
Neck to shoulder = 3 – 4 months
Shoulder to collarbone = 4 months
Collarbone to bra straps = 12 months
Bra straps to mid-back = 6 months
Mid back to waist = 8 months
Waist to Hip = 9 months
Hip to Tailbone = 5 months
Tailbone to classic = 6 months
Classic to mid-thigh = 6 months
Mid-thigh to knee = 10 months
Knee to calf = 12 months
Calf to ankle = 15 months

Kikina
December 25th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I think you have gotten to almost twice the average growth, which is awesome.