PDA

View Full Version : Flyaways

moniquerenaud
December 24th, 2013, 03:07 PM
So I just did my first SMT. I used TREsemme naturals conditioner (4tbs), lily of the desert aloe (1tbs) and honey (1tbs). My hair turned out smooth except there's tons of flyways and it's not super shiny. Did I do something wrong and how do I get rid of the flyways right now?

Firefox7275
December 24th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Not every hair type benefits from such potent humectants and the resultant increase in moisture (= water). It also isn't well suited to all hairs in all dew points/ humidities. Humectants can draw water to the hair or out of it, the difference will be more noticeable depending on your wave/ curl pattern and porosity.

durgidog
December 24th, 2013, 06:19 PM
My hair hates humectants in DTs but loves them at other times, whether it's high humidity or low humidity makes no difference in my case. As firefox said, SMT's may not be the best treatment for your hair type.

redtuss
December 25th, 2013, 05:04 AM
To smoothe the flyaways out you can take some aloe vera on your fingertips and use as a gel :)

When has your hair been the most shiniest? Maybe your hair needs something else as firefox and durgidog suggests?

bibijay
December 25th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Are you avoiding cones? If not, I find serum and / or hair oil works great on my flyaways. Recommendations include Organix coconut milk serum and Loreal Elvive extraordinary hair oil. Just a couple of drops on palms, smoothed onto dry flyaways does it for me!