PDA

View Full Version : OSCO method

meteor
December 23rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
On a friendly suggestion from another LHC thread, I decided to post the method of washing I've had best results with and decided to stick with after experimenting with CWC, LOC, herbs, soaps + acidic rinses, clays and some other hair-friendly approaches.

I call it OSCO: Oil + Shampoo + Conditioner + Oil
1) Oil: heavy pre-poo oiling overnight or longer on dry hair.
Preferred oils: coconut, avocado, olive, palm. Coconut oil is proven to penetrate hair shaft, other oils I've listed are likely to penetrate hair due to their fatty acid composition (palmitic acid, oleic acid).
The reasoning behind pre-poo oiling is that oil penetrates hair, thus reducing its porosity, increasing elasticity, preventing too much keratin loss and damage from harsh cleansing and hydral fatigue. Oils reduce the water uptake by hair. This effect is even pronounced on chemically treated, damaged and porous hair.
This post (http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2011/05/before-you-shampoo-conditioner-or-oil.html) very well explains the reasons why oil is better than conditioner as a pre-poo, and that's why I prefer OSCO to CWC.

2) Shampoo: diluted, sometimes applied twice depending on how dirty hair is.

3) Conditioner / Masque: diluted, because it significantly helps spreading all over hair and adsorption. I like to use a soak, drenching hair in a bowl of conditioner + water. I often use SMT or conditioners rich in proteins and other humectants, as this is the "wet" stage.

3) Oil: sealing, light oil like mineral oil or grapeseed oil. Just a few drops. This works better at sealing moisture for me than most leave-ins that tend to dry.

What are your thoughts, guys? Anybody else does this or would like to experiment with this?

lapushka
December 23rd, 2013, 04:17 PM
*Love* that you decided to share this method, meteor! I mostly use oil (mineral) in my styling method (or a serum), but I can't use oils as "masques" or deep treatments. Always afraid the drain is going to get clogged. :oops:

Agnes Hannah
December 23rd, 2013, 04:30 PM
I've tried this, it does make my ends very soft. Thanks;)

Marika
December 23rd, 2013, 04:34 PM
I do something quite similar but I haven't tried diluting my shampoo and/or conditioner. Is there a particular ratio in diluting or do you just go with a flow? :) I'm slowly coming over my fear of mineral oil (it clogged my pores pretty badly when I used it for months to take off my mascara). I might try that too because I have some samples of Johnson's baby oil. And I know my current leave-in (Redken Anti-Snap) has some mineral oil in it and I haven't had any problems.

Thanks for posting!:flower:

Rio040113
December 23rd, 2013, 04:41 PM
I do this! Most days I miss out the 'S' and just co-wash (+ honey), once a week or so it's the full routine with shampoo though :) I use coconut oil as my pre-wash and avocado oil and vit. e oil as my post wash oils. With the weather being so poopy right now I'm layering a tiny bit of shea butter over the top of my oils as well, great results so far.

Aingeal
December 23rd, 2013, 06:17 PM
Thank you. I've been using coconut lightly to seal lately and my hair is soaking it up.

TrapperCreekD
December 23rd, 2013, 07:56 PM
Me, me, me!

My routine is very similar to this. I heavily oil the length with EVOO the night before, let it marinate in sleep braid, shampoo out in the morning with slightly diluted shampoo (stick palm under shower head), then condition/smt. The conditioner, it's a watery V05, so I don't dilute it. Once the ends are damp, I put a dab of EVOO on them. My hair absolutely hates coconut oil and gets crispy feeling if I put it on wet or damp hair - dry, it loves it. :confused:

The sealing oil - are you applying to your length or just the ends?

HintOfMint
December 23rd, 2013, 09:43 PM
Haha, this is exactly the routine I've settled on this year, glad it has an acronym to go with it now! I don't dilute my shampoo or conditioner, but all in all, the pre-wash oiling, shampoo, conditioner (often an SMT), and a sealing oil is pretty much my routine, down pat.

Naima
December 23rd, 2013, 10:01 PM
I do this most of the time. But I don't dilute conditioner. When I'm in a hurry, I replace it with CWC.

0xalis
December 23rd, 2013, 10:53 PM
this would probably make my hair a greaseball. I just use diluted shampoo on my scalp, use a cheap light condish [vo5] all over my hair and then apply some coconut oil to the ends when i'm done :p

biogirl87
December 23rd, 2013, 11:10 PM
Emily, you have got to have either drier hair than I do or more damaged hair than I do. Just conditioner alone makes my hair enough of a greaseball that ideally I need to be washing it every three days if I am using conditioner and that's without pre-shampoo and post-shampoo oiling.

windyballoons
December 24th, 2013, 01:57 AM
This looks great, thanks for sharing-im going to try it next wash day!

LadyCelestina
December 24th, 2013, 02:24 AM
meteor,I do this,but I have discovered my hair benefits more from switching up the shampoo with oil.It increases softness and manageability for me when detangling and adds shine.
That means I oil after I shampoo and let the conditioner rinse out the excess.
As for leave in,I apply a silicone serum first and only oil when dry or semi dry and the hair looks like it needs it.I find it hard to not go overboard when wet.
The result is soft,light hair and very curly for me.

ETA:I have a pic of hair this method ^ produced with aloe + honey,in my blog.

arr
December 24th, 2013, 08:54 AM
This is almost my exact routine too except i dont dilute my conditioner since its already quite runny (suave clarifying) plus i add a few drops of coconut and olive oil to my shampoo which really tames frizz. I love mineral oil for sealing! Been doing it for 3 months now and my hair is so much better than when i was sealing with coconut oil.

ositarosita
December 24th, 2013, 09:57 AM
That is my current method :)

meteor
December 24th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I do something quite similar but I haven't tried diluting my shampoo and/or conditioner. Is there a particular ratio in diluting or do you just go with a flow? :) I'm slowly coming over my fear of mineral oil (it clogged my pores pretty badly when I used it for months to take off my mascara). I might try that too because I have some samples of Johnson's baby oil. And I know my current leave-in (Redken Anti-Snap) has some mineral oil in it and I haven't had any problems.

Thanks for posting!:flower:
Thanks so much, Marika!
About dilutions:
- Shampoo:
I dilute shampoo with different proportions, depending on how greasy my hair is and how harsh or gentle the shampoo is.
Sometimes, I'll dilute right in my palm maybe half and half and apply to wet scalp. But I prefer to dilute closer to 1:5 to 1:8 and use the resulting soapy water twice for a cleaner wash. Somehow diluted shampoo washes hair more intensely, irritates scalp less and all my scalp is equally saturated, instead of getting most of it concentrated around the canopy.

- Mask / Conditioner:
I had heard of diluting conditioner a long time ago, and it made no sense to me, so I never tried it until I accidentally dropped my jar with conditioner into bathtub full of hot water and gave the resulting watery mixture a go. I did a soak for a couple minutes in the bowl, rinsed, didn't even follow up with an acidic rinse, cold water, leave-in or oil. This gave me the best hair I'd had in at least a year! And that conditioner was a really bad disappointment to me before dilution! Now I always do it by putting 1-2 palmfuls of conditioner in a big bowl and filling the bowl with hot water and mixing, and get a lot better results from all my conditioners/masques that I used undiluted before. Now, to be fair, I always buy really heavy, thick masques / conditioners so diluting them makes more sense.
Of course, you can successfully add honey, oil, aloe, ACV and many other goodies to your conditioner, just don't forget to add good old H2O to make the mixture watery - it really, really helps distribution and penetration. If I don't dilute heavy conditioner, I end up with more shedding from pulling and smoothing it down, gobs of conditioner in some parts and nothing in other parts.

Give it a whirl, the results may surprise you!

As for mineral oil, I never put it on skin and scalp, but many people do so successfully. I think you can't hurt your hair by putting mineral oil on it, as hair doesn't have pores, doesn't "breathe". You just need to add emolliency, elasticity, which mineral oil provides. And mineral oil doesn't build up on hair, it washes off in just one wash, unlike many other light oils (think grapeseed, safflower, sunflower and other drying and semi-drying oils).

meteor
December 24th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Emily, you have got to have either drier hair than I do or more damaged hair than I do. Just conditioner alone makes my hair enough of a greaseball that ideally I need to be washing it every three days if I am using conditioner and that's without pre-shampoo and post-shampoo oiling.

Biogirl87, I think you mentioned your hair does best with shampoo alone or shampoo + sealant oil, you are definitely lucky to have naturally more tangle-free and less porous hair than many.
If I skip conditioner, I definitely suffer from major tangles. My hair is also relatively long and has some bleach highlights at the ends, so conditioner is clearly a needed step for me. I've also done oil rinses instead of conditioner before and they are good, too, but it's hard to get the right amount - easy to turn into greaseball.

meteor
December 24th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Me, me, me!

My routine is very similar to this. I heavily oil the length with EVOO the night before, let it marinate in sleep braid, shampoo out in the morning with slightly diluted shampoo (stick palm under shower head), then condition/smt. The conditioner, it's a watery V05, so I don't dilute it. Once the ends are damp, I put a dab of EVOO on them. My hair absolutely hates coconut oil and gets crispy feeling if I put it on wet or damp hair - dry, it loves it. :confused:

The sealing oil - are you applying to your length or just the ends?

I put sealing oil from my shoulders down, but literally a drop or two, maybe more if my hair is very dry. If I feel that the hair is really well-conditioned, I can even skip this step and add oil next day instead.

I think the reason coconut oil can feel unpleasant on wet hair is that it just coats wet hair and can't penetrate the "water barrier" in hair as well. Curlies seem to report better success with oil on wet hair though. I personally prefer oils on dry or barely damp, but well-moisturized hair.

swearnsue
December 24th, 2013, 01:24 PM
I've recently sort of fell into this OSCO routine, right down to diluting the conditioner! I only oil for about an hour though before shampooing and I use a vinegar/water rinse as a final rinse.

For mineral oil I've been using Doo Gro oil from Sally's. It's mostly mineral oil with some other stuff and it smells good!

meteor
December 24th, 2013, 01:39 PM
I've recently sort of fell into this OSCO routine, right down to diluting the conditioner! I only oil for about an hour though before shampooing and I use a vinegar/water rinse as a final rinse.

For mineral oil I've been using Doo Gro oil from Sally's. It's mostly mineral oil with some other stuff and it smells good!
Great!
I think 1 hour is totally fine for penetration, especially if you use a good amount and put a plastic cap on to trap some body heat.
I notice that if I leave oil overnight or longer, it basically totally soaks in making hair strands look thicker, but if I leave it in for just an hour, the hair still looks wet and oily when I jump in the shower. Either way, it's quite protective.
I do use vinegar/cold water rinse to wash out conditioner, but strangely I don't usually see a huge difference on my hair. But it's such an easy step that I don't like skipping it.

Firefox7275
December 24th, 2013, 03:50 PM
On a friendly suggestion from another LHC thread, I decided to post the method of washing I've had best results with and decided to stick with after experimenting with CWC, LOC, herbs, soaps + acidic rinses, clays and some other hair-friendly approaches.

I call it OSCO: Oil + Shampoo + Conditioner + Oil
1) Oil: heavy pre-poo oiling overnight or longer on dry hair.
Preferred oils: coconut, avocado, olive, palm. Coconut oil is proven to penetrate hair shaft, other oils I've listed are likely to penetrate hair due to their fatty acid composition (palmitic acid, oleic acid).
The reasoning behind pre-poo oiling is that oil penetrates hair, thus reducing its porosity, increasing elasticity, preventing too much keratin loss and damage from harsh cleansing and hydral fatigue. Oils reduce the water uptake by hair. This effect is even pronounced on chemically treated, damaged and porous hair.
This post (http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2011/05/before-you-shampoo-conditioner-or-oil.html) very well explains the reasons why oil is better than conditioner as a pre-poo, and that's why I prefer OSCO to CWC.

2) Shampoo: diluted, sometimes applied twice depending on how dirty hair is.

3) Conditioner / Masque: diluted, because it significantly helps spreading all over hair and adsorption. I like to use a soak, drenching hair in a bowl of conditioner + water. I often use SMT or conditioners rich in proteins and other humectants, as this is the "wet" stage.

3) Oil: sealing, light oil like mineral oil or grapeseed oil. Just a few drops. This works better at sealing moisture for me than most leave-ins that tend to dry.

What are your thoughts, guys? Anybody else does this or would like to experiment with this?

Olive oil is also scientifically proven to penetrate, and that is thought to be the oleic acid. IIRC the study I've seen is hydrogenated palm fruit oil, tho its quite possible some components of non hydrogenated palm would also penetrate.

Only coconut oil is proven to have the benefits you attribute to pre oiling in general, the evidence does not conclusively link the penetration to the benefits, that is a leap since chemical structure of the fatty acids may well play a role - especially in the affinity for structural proteins/ reducing protein loss.

What are you trying to achieve by reducing moisture (= water) uptake with the pre oil, yet then maximising moisture with your conditioner ingredients and additives? That sounds counter productive.

Naiadryade
December 24th, 2013, 09:51 PM
My routine is very similar to this! Mine is more like OSCLO: oil, shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, oil. I pre-wash with coconut oil for 12-24 hours, and post-wash with 3 drops of EVOO (mixed with essential oils) when my hair is like 90% dry.

I dilute my shampoo, but I haven't diluted my conditioner. I think I will try it the next time I wash. I also use a heavy masque as conditioner, and gosh I must go through the $11 tub in only 4-5 washes! Undiluted, using so much is necessary in order to get it distributed through all my hair. (It's a good thing I only wash every 7-10 days! But I've actually been wanting to un-stretch my washes a bit, and the cost of my conditioner is a big part of what's been holding me back.) I love the idea of it distributing better so I have to use less, especially if it still makes my hair as nice--or better!

MandyBeth
December 24th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Adorably evil minion's routine

O - Oil. This is done on damp hair at night. Argan oil here. This is post shower.

W - whatever her hair needs once dry. Cocoa butter, aloe, oil, whatever. Then I pigtail braid her hair and add more oil to the tassels.

S - Scritch while still braided. Loose makes for nasty tangles.

B - Brush. The dread of all curlies. But, I use her Tangle Teezer as I unbraid her hair, again because it stops the tangles. Plus, all her hair is mostly hanging down.

C - Conditioner. Diluted 1 part conditioner to 2 parts filtered water. She then goes to take care of her ponies.

W - wet her hair down

B - brush with TT again to get better oil removal.

C - more conditioner, this time not diluted.

V - vinegar rinse. Any slightly acidic rinse is fine.

W - whatever is needed again. Only avoidance now is argan as it increases photosensitive issues. Flax seed gel with aloe and glycerin is her usual.

O - Oil. Her favorite is sweet almond. Also a few drops of mineral oil to smooth any excessively frizzy areas.

Yes, her hair gets wet twice a day. But, must shower before bed or she's an itchy mess. And she still isn't comfortable without really good bribes washing her hair in the shower, plus her actual length is in the long for here range but dry it's midback to waist so it's not easy to get all of that washed.

This looks insane written out, but honestly, it's the braiding and unbraiding that takes the most time. But, can't sleep with loose hair, she's all over in her sleep (it's not odd for her to get under the fitted sheet.) yet, wearing braids longer than 24 hours and her hair starts to loc up and her braids are so freaking long, they're actually a nasty risk to run around with them down. So, have to put the braids in and take them out. I'm fast at sloppy inverted English braids and putting in is 15-2 minutes, removing is 30 to take out correctly or 90 if not.

faerielady
December 25th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Hm. I already (mostly) do this. I oil with coconut oil the night before a wash, wash with diluted shampoo (to scalp only... When rinsing it runs down the length), condition with my regular conditioner, and oil the ends with a drop of Argan oil and the canopy with a bit of an avocado/jojoba/olive oil blend. Works really well for me.

DweamGoiL
December 25th, 2013, 01:05 PM
I pretty much do this myself, but on dry hair (night before washing), I mostly use Jojoba oil. I sometimes do dilute the conditioner depending on how much slip it has after washing, but I just try to not apply too much (and always below the ears). I then finish up by mixing a very modest amount of Monoi Oil with some light gel and spreading it all over my hair.

meteor
December 26th, 2013, 10:25 AM
What are you trying to achieve by reducing moisture (= water) uptake with the pre oil, yet then maximising moisture with your conditioner ingredients and additives? That sounds counter productive.
Thank you, Firefox! :) That's such a great question, and I'd love to know more on how to maintain proper water balance.

To me, the idea of pre-poo oiling is quite similar to just wanting to avoid harshly shampooing and heavily manipulating my wet hair. I shampoo scalp only, but I can't keep the length from the cleansers, so I oil the hair.

But it's impossible to keep hair completely sealed off with oils or silicones or anything, and if it were, hair would probably be dry and hard and in desperate need of clarifying.
So humectants in SMT and conditioners are to attract and prevent water from evaporating too fast, as their hygroscopic nature holds onto water. Then spreading a couple drops of light, "sealant" oil on top of hair, I further slow down the evaporation of water from hair.
I believe the hair that is well moisturized is not the hair that one just wets down, it's the hair that holds on to just enough water to stay elastic and doesn't let the water easily leave the cuticle and evaporate in different environments (same as with skin). This is also why I don't use heat for fast drying, as you want the water bound to the hair to stay there. Some refer to it as "water of hydration", and it's certainly needed to create "plump", well-moisturized feel, unlike, let's say, water splashed on hair/skin.

I think hair needs a good balance of hygroscopy and occlusion, so I focus on humectants and anti-humectants in my routine, but the difficulty is in figuring out that balance.

I'd love to know your take on this and what you recommend for achieving and maintaining that moisture balance.

Firefox7275
December 26th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Thank you, Firefox! :) That's such a great question, and I'd love to know more on how to maintain proper water balance.

To me, the idea of pre-poo oiling is quite similar to just wanting to avoid harshly shampooing and heavily manipulating my wet hair. I shampoo scalp only, but I can't keep the length from the cleansers, so I oil the hair.

But it's impossible to keep hair completely sealed off with oils or silicones or anything, and if it were, hair would probably be dry and hard and in desperate need of clarifying.
So humectants in SMT and conditioners are to attract and prevent water from evaporating too fast, as their hygroscopic nature holds onto water. Then spreading a couple drops of light, "sealant" oil on top of hair, I further slow down the evaporation of water from hair.
I believe the hair that is well moisturized is not the hair that one just wets down, it's the hair that holds on to just enough water to stay elastic and doesn't let the water easily leave the cuticle and evaporate in different environments (same as with skin). This is also why I don't use heat for fast drying, as you want the water bound to the hair to stay there. Some refer to it as "water of hydration", and it's certainly needed to create "plump", well-moisturized feel, unlike, let's say, water splashed on hair/skin.

I think hair needs a good balance of hygroscopy and occlusion, so I focus on humectants and anti-humectants in my routine, but the difficulty is in figuring out that balance.

I'd love to know your take on this and what you recommend for achieving and maintaining that moisture balance.

Laymen can't directly measure the moisture (= water) in the hair so have to rely on related measurements such as porosity, elasticity as you say, and emollience (softness, slip). Really what when people talk about moisturising and moisture balance they often actually mean conditioning or emollience. Although we tend to like the softness that comes with plenty of water in the hair this can make it weak so we can overemphasise 'moisture'.

You can find out your hair properties by examining your own hair and how it behaves or having an analysis under a microscope from Goosefootprints on Etsy or Komaza Care. If your porosity is low to normal, elasticity is normal and you are happy with the emollience (within the limitations of your hair type, coarse hair won't necessarily feel super soft unless overly wet or soaked for a long time breaking some of the structural protein bonds) then you like have appropriately moisturised hair.

Although ingredients like aloe, honey, glycerin and propylene glycol are primarily known as by their main property/ being humectants, do be aware many common ingredients have humectant properties from hydrolysed proteins (especially for fine hair) to the major emollients/ conditioning agents (fatty alcohols and cationic surfactants). So whilst some may benefit from the moisturising of an SMT, it may not be required if regular conditioning (wash out or leave in) is adequate.

There is a good series of articles on deep conditioning on tge Natural Haven blog, what different ingredients penetrate, the effect of time and temperature for example. Also a series on hydrolysed protein including one on protein and moisture.

Overall I'd recommend working with your own hair properties (being aware ends may be different to roots) and dew points/ humidity when choosing products and ingredients. Mine is colour treated so somewhat damaged and more porous than it would be virgin - I go for ingredients that aim to normalise my properties, patch repair damage (temporary) and multi task. My hair doesn't need a ton of moisture, that can cause further damage (hygral fatigue) so I use the weaker humectants I mentioned earlier (protein and major emollients) as well as panthenol - all of which also patch repair, help with shine and slip, strength/ elasticity.

Sorry if that's too rambling to actually answer your question, hope it makes some sort of sense!!

meteor
December 26th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Sorry if that's too rambling to actually answer your question, hope it makes some sort of sense!!
Definitely not rambling! Great information, Firefox! :) Thank you!
Yes, I find that my own hair has different needs along the length (roots - greasy, ends - dry), position on scalp (canopy hair much finer than nape), processing (highlights more porous). So I have to use a combination and a rotation of different products.
And thanks so much for mentioning Natural Haven Bloom blog, Komaza Care and Goosefootprints hair analysis services. Those are great recommendations for all hair enthusiasts! :)

breezefaerie
December 27th, 2013, 06:34 AM
I use this method myself.
My conditioner is not diluted being pretty runny already (VO5) and my hair looks and feels great.

Ophidian
January 31st, 2018, 07:47 PM
I am dragging this thread out of retirement because I stumbled across a routine that's been working really well for me lately and I searched for it on a whim, and well turns out I didn't invent it because meteor was talking about it in 2013 :p

So here's my version of OSCO (oil, shampoo, conditioner, oil):

O: I usually add a small amount of oil to my hair focusing on the ends daily, rather than one heavier pre-poo oiling. But by time it's wash day it has a fair amount of oil in it. I used to always use coconut but my hair seems to be rebelling so I'm experimenting with avocado and olive now.

S: I use a moisturizing, mild sulfate-free shampoo (right now having a love affair with Acure's Argan Ultra Hydrating shampoo). I dilute it in an applicator bottle, apply it to scalp only, then add more water to the bottle when I'm done so it's just a lightly soapy "rinse" and pour it through the length.

C: Conditioner tends to make my length really gunky but my ends get dry so I have a compromise here. After I rinse out the shampoo I soak my length in an herb tea and honey rinse then dump the rest over my head. After that I apply a heavy protein free conditioner (currently Desert Essence Coconut) to the last few inches of hair where the layered ends are. Sometimes I add a few drops of oil and/or honey so it's like a lil mini-SMT. It ends up pretty diluted by the tea so I gently squish it in and let the whole thing sit for a while before rinsing well.

O: Once I've t-shirt plopped for a while and my hair is damp, I use jojoba as a light sealing oil, focusing on ends and smoothing a few drops into my canopy. Since I usually wash in the evening, I'll let it air dry a bit more and then braid it for bed, often adding some Nightblooming salve to the tassel.

So yeah, I know that all the acronyms for things around here can seem overwhelming especially if you're new and just want some basic info so I don't mean to present this as some new magic routine or anything. I just thought it was cool that I came to this the backwards way, in that I started doing something and then realized that someone else however long ago had already done it. It's been a pretty awesome solution for me and my moisture-loving conditioner-hating hair.

ShahMat
January 31st, 2018, 10:56 PM
I am currently using this method and so far I'm appreciating results in terms of both appearance and health of the hair
But maybe my method should be more precisely called OOSCO rather than OSCO

O: I oil heavily throughout the length with a DIY concoction (coconut oil, pure aloe vera gel, castor oil and a few drops of cinnamon, vanilla and orange EO - this smells great!) the night before
O: I oil the scalp with another DIY mixture (coconut oil, castor oil, very strong ginger infusion, aloe vera and lavender EO), massage and leave it for a couple of hours
S: shampoo once (I'm finishing the last of Lush's shampoo bars, then I will try and find something better)
C: I don't dilute it but I apply on dripping wet hair so I guess the result is pretty much the same
O: a few drops of argan oil, or argan-oil based mixture if I can't find it pure

gustavonut
February 1st, 2018, 04:34 AM
I do OSCCO and it works for me. I have super soft, super slippery hair.
O: I coconut oil prepoo a night or few hours before I wash my hair.

S: Shampoo with HH hello hydration or if I swim I use HH green bottle citrus “clarifying” shampoo

C: Condition with a light-ish conditioner or whatever I’m trying to use up first then let it sit for a while.

C: Condition again with hello hydration conditioner or a thick whole blends conditioner. Squeeze my hair out till it’s not super dripping and sometimes wrap it up in a soft t shirt or just move on to next step.

O: Apply marvelous oil aka Wunder Öl; Garnier Fructis on my ends and sometimes all over my hair and then brush with wet brush and blow dry warm or cool depending on if I’m in a rush. But I don’t blow dry completely. That’s it. :)
Other than that I use the marvelous oil on my ends every once in a while on the days after wash day.