PDA

View Full Version : What's my hair type?

Almendra
December 22nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
I finally decided to define my hair type again, since I never did it properly, because I can't avoid to detangle my hair when it's wet. Today I clarify my hair and din't touch it until it was completely dry. I'm really surprised with the resuts... I think it's 1c/2a, but I'm not sure. Last night I sleep with oil & braids, I don't know if this could affect the results. What do you think? (I'm going to put three different pictures so you can compare):

ETA: I bun my hair for a while after the second picture and I lose the waves considerably. It's still very frizzy and it has to much volume.

This is was my hair looks today, after clarify it and dry, no brush, no comb (Sorry for the quality).

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a503/natalia_natalia1/22-12-2013_zps171ddd2d.jpg

This is how my hair looks today after I brush it.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a503/natalia_natalia1/22-12-2013-2_zps60d71562.jpg

This is how my hair usually looks (Actually this is my previous wash picture, I comb before it was dry that day, as always)

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a503/natalia_natalia1/22-12-2013-3_zpsa3a6740a.jpg

Could it be 1c/2a?

BlazingHeart
December 22nd, 2013, 12:25 PM
Looks like a nice solid 2a to me!

biogirl87
December 22nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Almendra, I think you are 2a as well. Your hair in the top two pictures looks almost exactly like mine does at shoulder length. It is possible that with shorter hair you may even be a 2b.

NuclearApple
December 22nd, 2013, 01:26 PM
2a as well!:)

leslissocool
December 22nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
2a for me too

Mindy
December 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
Your texture looks very similar to mine. I'd call it 2a as well. If I comb a few times while it's drying, it can look virtually straight, but if I leave it alone I get lots of whurls.

ejking2
December 22nd, 2013, 03:04 PM
I'd go with 2a as well. It's about as wavy as mine, maybe a bit wavier (but it looks to me like you have layers so that may be the difference) except my ends are super flippy.

ravenheather
December 22nd, 2013, 03:41 PM
I agree 2a.

Almendra
December 22nd, 2013, 05:43 PM
I'm very surprised. I never thought I could be a solid wavy, since these waves get looser when I brush and my hair is so easy to get straight with some up dos. I guess I got to believe you :)

Naiadryade
December 22nd, 2013, 08:11 PM
Yup, I definitely think you're a 2a as well. Your texture actually looks rather identical to mine, in all 3 scenarios. We even have the same number of waves at this length, 4-5! And almost the same color! Can we be hair twins? Yours might just be a little thicker than mine. What's your ponytail thickness? I'm right at 4".

It's real easy to lose the wave when it's so slight, just from manipulating it while wet or having it bunned for a while or what have you. I find with my hair, it's also easy to enhance the wave. 2 braids for a while leaves me wavier afterwards, even just scrunching a bunch when it's almost dry will enhance my wave pattern a bit. Do you find the same to be true?

animetor7
December 22nd, 2013, 08:32 PM
I agree with everyone else that you are a 2a. Congrats, rock those waves!

Anje
December 22nd, 2013, 08:46 PM
Solid 2a, I think.

leslissocool
December 22nd, 2013, 09:39 PM
I'm very surprised. I never thought I could be a solid wavy, since these waves get looser when I brush and my hair is so easy to get straight with some up dos. I guess I got to believe you :)

I'm a 2b/2c and my hair can look quite straight too, and quite wavy.

biogirl87
December 22nd, 2013, 10:20 PM
I'm very surprised. I never thought I could be a solid wavy, since these waves get looser when I brush and my hair is so easy to get straight with some up dos. I guess I got to believe you :)Almendra, it could be that clarifying has made your hair wavier. If you take a look at the Visual Hairtyping Guide that is posted as a sticky in the Mane forum, you will see that hair typing is best done with your normal routine. Doing a clarifying wash for hair typing only makes sense if you will be clarifying your hair every single time you wash it. It could be that with your normal routine your hair type is 1c/2a.

I remember when my hair was longer, when I did a clarifying wash for hair typing, it came out as 2b but with my normal routine my hair behaved (and still does) as 2a as the waviest, maybe even 1c/2a. So, I would suggest taking a look at what type of hair you have when you wash your hair in your normal way next time.