PDA

View Full Version : What is your minimalist routine?

rcblinn
December 22nd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Just curious to hear how others have pared down their routines! I read about some very elaborate methods of hair care and I think I must just be very lazy. Also feel free to include any other beauty routines as well!

Hair: daily cowash with Suave Tropical Coconut and a sulfate shampoo to clarify once a week on Wednesdays. A little bit of olive oil scrunched into the ends to keep them from tangling and to add a little bit of moisture.

Skin: wash face with honey in the am. water rinse in the pm. A little bit of olive oil under my eyes in the mornings and coconut oil as a body moisturizer. I should use sunscreen but it always seems to break me out.

Nails:Bare and usually short. I'll file and buff them out usually once a week and rub a little bit of coconut oil in them. I use to paint them but lately I've been wayyyy to lazy!

Makeup: pretty minimal. Usually some concealer and mascara and that's it!

ositarosita
December 22nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
Nails- Bare and short ... only file before I shower because of snags

Hair- Shampoo and condition whenever needed (every 2-3 days) .. products always changing ... chelate when needed... only deep condition before using heat. After i'm out of the shower I use my leave in and seal with a coney serum

Makeup - Usually don't wear it lol when I do I go all out lol

Skin - water wash in the morning and apply oil to skin .. same at night ... unless I have warn makeup then I will exfoliate and use my oil as a moisturiser

Emichiee
December 22nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Great idea for a thread!
I have simplified a lot of things, also because of many products simply not having any benefit or even downsides.

Hair: Wash every 4 days with shampoo, oil lengths the day before the wash every second time.

Skin: Wash with water once a day or less. Moisturize with linseed oil if needed but often I go without moisturizer. (atm I also use anti fungal cream at night every two days cause I dealt with a skin fungus a while back)
I don't wear sunscreen anymore.

Make Up: Often none, but when I feel like it I will either wear eye shadow, kohl kajal or red/ dark lip stick.
I will occasionally use other make up items but more rarely. If my face looks shiny I use translucent powder or blotting papers (powder free).

Nails: a bit longer than short, oval shape, about 3mm? I either wear them bare or paint them in preferably dark or red tones. I clip and file them when needed.

Body: Water only

Islandgrrl
December 22nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
Hair: CO wash with Suave naturals coconut when needed, maybe once a week. WO in between. Damp gunning helps with moisture, but I sometimes oil.

Skin (face): WO alternated with OCM a couple times a week. I use jojoba oil for OCM. No other moisturizer.

Makeup: Mostly none, but I use a Burt's Bees tinted lip balm.

Nails: Short and bare. Work requires it. In the summer I sometimes wear pale nail polish.

Skin (body): WO on a daily basis. If I'm actually dirty, I use a mild body wash. Coconut oil on my skin.

battles
December 22nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Hair: Wash every few days with shampoo bars and diluted vinegar rinse or cone free shampoo/conditioner. It's too short to wear up, but I usually bun it when it's long enough.

Skin: Skin is the one thing I go all out on. I follow a Korean routine and use Korean products. http://www.skinandtonics.com/asian-skin-care-guide/

Make Up: None, ever.

Nails: Trimmed short-ish and unpainted except for when I feel like being ridiculously glittery.

Body: Most of the time I do water only, occasionally I use PBSW sorbettos. (http://www.etsy.com/shop/paintboxsoapworks?section_id=6924621)

Other than these, I wear BPAL occasionally.

ErinLeigh
December 22nd, 2013, 12:14 PM
Hair:
WASH: shampoo and condition with alternating honey CO washes.
LEAVE IN: Pantene Shining Start.
SEAL: Sometimes sealing oil using Avocado or hemp. OR If blow drying use Bioinfusion blow dry conditioning balm.
CLARIFY: monthly using Suave Daily Clarify mixed with Purelogy SLS free chelating shampoo followed with SMT
PRE WASH: coconut oil
Skin:
FACE:
DAILY: wash face with honey in shower. after work sink wash using Simple foaming face wash alternating with Dr Dover Skin Effects Gylcolic Cream Cleanser.
WEEKLY: deep clean using OCM with hemp oil mixed with polysorbate 80. Moisturize with Garnier Moisture Effects for dry skin (used because it has no ingredients on the acne ingredients to avoid list)
BODY: Shea Moisture Body Oil.

Nails:
FINGER NAILS: Bare and usually short. clip with nail clipper and benign neglect them.
TOE NAILS: Toes always painted (at home, sick of spending $ for a pedicure)

Makeup:
DAILY: none
SPECIAL EVENT: mascara, lip gloss, bare minerals powder, brown eye shadow and black eyeliner.
OCCASIONAL: tinted moisturizer with SPF 30 or 15 and a tinted lip balm.

sumidha
December 22nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
I love minimalist routines!

Hair- Wash with shampoo bar and acidic rinse about once a week. Condition, if it's needed, throw a little oil on the ends when I get out.

Skin- Dr Bronner's for the body, water for the face. Witch hazel and coconut oil on my face afterwards, if needed.

Sometimes I'll use mascara, but that's pretty much it. I do full make-up like once every six months, for going out.

höpönasu
December 22nd, 2013, 12:30 PM
Hair: Wash & condition twice a week, reconstructor one a week, over-night oiling once a week (whole head or only ends), leave in is some random hair spray and/or oiling the ends. Blow dry with coolest setting or air dry.

Skin: Wash every morning and evening with Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash, moisture with mix of coconut oil and Nivea Creme (blue package). I don't use any make-up except for rare occasions (then I use mascara, lip gloss, concealer, eye shadow, blush (I can't do my make-up d:)).

Nails: File when needed, I like to apply nail polishes 1-2 a week. My nails don't manage to grow very long but if they do I usually file them shorter.

Saldana
December 22nd, 2013, 12:35 PM
*committed minimalist here*

Hair: Wash every other day (or so) with scent free organic shampoo. Once a week, use the matching conditioner. Sometimes diluted Monistat, vinegar rinse, or nettle tea rinse. Occasional oil (coconut or jojoba), occasional aloe vera gel on canopy.
Body: WO shower 2-3 times per week, wash up daily (WO). Body wash (matching to shampoo/cond) once per week. Coconut oil to skin as needed.
Face: WO wash 2x daily. Occasional Burt's Bees cleanser or scrub. Coconut or jojoba oil to moisturize if needed.
Nails: Clean, short, buffed.
Makeup: Concealer, mineral mascara, occasionally mineral blush. Burt's bees lip balm.

That's pretty much it. No fragrances, except rarely lavender, as an essential oil.

NoRush
December 22nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
Hair: prewash oiling, wash & deep cond every 3/4 days, a bit of oil before drying for detangling and after dry to tame flyaways or on ends as needed. I clarify when needed, about once every two months or so.

Skin: Nothing minimalstic here XD. Morning: cream cleanser and massage, soothing toner, moisturizer and makeup if I'm working.
Night, take makeup off with balm, then hot cloth, then cream cleanser, hot cloth again, toner, and either serum and moisturizer or chemical exfoliant depending on the day. I also do a deep cleansing mask once or twice a week.

Nails: Handcream 3/4 times a day, file when needed and cirrently, clear polish once a week or so.

biogirl87
December 22nd, 2013, 12:53 PM
Hair: wash every five or six days with Herbal Essences shampoo, use a bit of mineral oil in damp hair to help with detangling, brush when dry. I am considering switching back to using conditioner if mineral oil turns out to not be enough and if I do, I will stop using mineral oil. My hair likes simplicity and the less things I put on it, the better it behaves and more importantly the easier it is to take care of.

Skin: will go back to using a face wash when I can buy a new bottle (my own bottle of face wash ran out yesterday). I have not been using toner lately, but thinking I need to start using it. So, when I get a new face wash, my skin care routine will be to try to wash my face twice a day, toner after washing face, then facial moisturizer on skin after toner dries/is absorbed. I do not use sunscreen in the winter (I typically only use sunscreen in the summer) and my current facial moisturizer contain SPF.

Make-up: usually only lip balm, sometimes I put mascara on as well.

Nails: nail polish makes the ends of my nails flake after I take it off and I get cuticle injury when/after taking off nail polish, so I am not painting my nails often. Usually with nails I will only cut them when they are getting too long and file the edges that the nail scissors make.

Andeee
December 22nd, 2013, 12:58 PM
I am definitely minimalist--I'm done in the bathroom in way less time than it takes my husband to do his routine!

In shower: a mild soap or body wash, whatever we have.

Hair: wash about once a week with diluted SLS shampoo and then condition. Once a month I shampoo with a SLS-free shampoo and do an SMT with the matching cone-free conditioner.
Squeeze out excess water, gently towel dry and let air dry. Apply olive oil to ends.

Face: wash every couple days with a mild face wash (whatever we have) I use just warm water on the days I don't wash. Moisturize with a light moisturizer (whatever we have).

Nails: very short (you can't have long nails when you play harp and fiddle!).

Toes: painted (by me) in summer.

Makeup: lipstick or tinted lip balm (I hardly ever remember or have time to reapply). On special occasions mascara. I would like to be able to do eyeliner but I can't manage it yet. I only wear sunscreen on sunny days in summer.

No fragrance, except maybe when I mist my hair with peppermint oil.

Verdandi
December 22nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
My kind of tread! I sometimes get a bit scared of everyones elaborate routines or worried that I'm the only one not spending ages on my looks.

Hair: Washing twice a week with Urtekram organic Nordic birch shampoo (diluted) and conditioner. Applying a few drops of coconut oil on damp hair, airdrying until damp and then it goes into a braid until next morning.
I also oil the ends daily before putting it up in some sort of lazy bun or french braid (Hairstyles have to be either very secure or possible to redo quickly at work, since we have to wear hair up).
Clarify about once a month.

Body: Nothing exciting at all. Daily WO wash-up and soap when washing hair. Bodyshop Nutriganics day cream when face feels dry, otherwhise the only thing I use is a lip balm.

Nails: Kept short because of work requirements. Sometimes a clear polish to make them stronger. I do love nail polish though, so when I get the chance, I go all crazy with patterns, pretty colors, sparkle and what not.
A LOT of hand cream due to using alcohol-based hand sanatizer at work. Either the mineral oil-based one work provides or the organic almond-oil based I have at home.

Makeup: Depends on how tired I look (working shifts). Mostly none, but sometimes I use a black eyliner and either a bright red lipstick or a more subtle one. I'm a huge fan of pretty, vintage-looking makeup, but it doesn't suit my everyday life.

When reading this trough, I realize work really is the one deciding my routine, not me.
I had a much more complicated routine involving a lot more makeup and hairstyling when still in school (hey, peer pressure), but it has obviously worn off.

NuclearApple
December 22nd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Hair:wash it with one of my 4 shampoos (I choose the closer I can find),condition with a normal conditioner (i find it in the supermarket) and then put some leave-in to detangle,using a wide tooth comb.I blowdry.

skin:not that much,soap,water and a product that keeps pimples away.

nails:I used to paint them every day,now i'm trying to regrow them to do it again since i have more than 80 nail polishes :)

make-up:my room is completely filled with palettes,eyeshadows,lipsticks ecc...I usually use eyeshadow,eye-liner,mascara and gloss or lipstick.

Mayflower
December 22nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
I have my minimalistic periods, I suppose.

I wash my hair twice a week, just shampoo and conditioner. I let it air dry and that's it. I'll sometimes have periods (usually in winter) where I'll be really good with using hair masks and coconut oil and such, but that always dies down eventually, because of laziness and other things.

long&blonde
December 22nd, 2013, 01:54 PM
Hair: wash once every 2 weeks, shampoo & conditioner. Apply leave in conditioner. Comb thru. Let air dry. Wear daily ponytail or bun. Every 3-4 days,rub pea sized dot of African 6 oils over hair.
Skin/Body, bathe daily,wash face every few days with gentle soap.
Nails-Pedicure & gel manicure on my natural super super short nails once a month.
Makeup-grew up a flower child/hippie: Peppermint ChapStick is all I ever ever wear-even on special occasions.

makeminea99
December 22nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
Well, don't know how minimal it is, but here goes:
Hair - alternate between c/o (using Superdrug own brand coconut & almond conditioner) and c/w/c (Superdrug, then Lush's Godiva shampoo bar and their Retread conditioner to follow) every 5 days or so. I T-shirt it until damp, then let it air dry, then detangle - adding a bit of leave in if need be. I wear it up most of the time.
Face/Body - wash face in the morning, either Lush Fresh Farmacy or their Angels on Bare Skin scrub, bit of toner and moisturiser. I only do makeup for nights out, and then it's done Drag Queen style! :) I have a bath every day - 'cos our shower is dead! So husband and I take turns choosing what to use. Our eyesight is rubbish so it could be anything! I usually follow with Body Shop hemp or aloe vera body butter.
I keep my nails short and bare most of the time, but I do paint my toenails in the summer.

Alena
December 22nd, 2013, 03:08 PM
Hair: Pre-wash oil with olive oil. Wash two or three times a week with shampoo. I put more oil on if needed after shampooing but no conditioner. Air dry and comb.

Skin: Wash with soap everyday. I don't wear any makeup or do anything else to it.

Nails: Apart from cutting them when they need it, I don't do anything to them. I've never really had the urge to paint them or anything!

SThr
December 22nd, 2013, 05:59 PM
Hair: Once a week wash with baking soda, detangle with watered down VO5, then condition with VO5. Air dry and put coconut oil on the ends.
Skin: Wash with water only in the shower. Sometimes I'll wash my nose with olive oil and splash witch hazel all over my face if I'm getting pimples.
Nails: Nothing.
Makeup: Most of the time nothing, sometimes I'll brush on cornstarch so I'm less shiny. I'll sometimes wear powder, a little eyeshadow and mascara, but it's like once every two months.

Foxylocks
December 22nd, 2013, 06:07 PM
Hair: Wash every other day with shampoo (no sulfates) and conditioner. I've found that any kind of conditioner will work just fine for me (silicone derivatives or not, brand names, nothing makes a difference. Everything conditions my hair well, so I just buy what smells nice and is relatively inexpensive) No oils or anything. I might use one of those deep conditioner treatments once in a while if my ends feel crispy. Damp braid after shower, and wide tooth comb at the end of the day (goes back into braid before sleep).
Skin: Wash with a bar of soap every other day. Use some lotion if skin is feeling itchy or dry.
Face: Wash with a bar of soap every day. Minimal mascara is the only makeup.
Nails: Allow nails to grow for 3 or 4 weeks (though I play piano and cello, for some reason the long nails don't get in the way), then chop very short. Repeat. I always keep them natural; it is a rarity when I paint my nails.

DarleneH
December 22nd, 2013, 06:07 PM
I'm doing water only for hair and that just when I think it needs it (not a regular schedule).

Face is a hot wet washcloth in the mornings, moisturizer with SPF, and at night it's OCM to remove makeup then baby wash with baking soda. And Retin-A as a treatment.

Nails: nothing. They're so pathetic nothing's ever helped them anyway.

Logi Bear
December 22nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Hair: mostly water only, but I use a natural shampoo if my hair starts getting greasy.
Skin: Natural soap. Shea butter, coconut oil, and coconut milk as moisturizers. Sometimes honey or a homemade clay mask if I'm in the mood to pamper myself. :)
Nails: I used to paint my nails all the time, but I don't bother anymore. My toe nails always look terrible because I'm a runner, and I don't have the patience to keep paint on my fingernails from chipping.
Makeup: none.

Maktub
December 22nd, 2013, 07:00 PM
Skin (face, lips): WO. Vitamin E oil only if needed.

Skin (body) : WO or natural soap.

Makeup: Never.

Nails: Short and bare.

Hair: that varies...

GrowingGlory
December 22nd, 2013, 07:22 PM
Nails: Cut short and file
Body: Shower with deodorant soap and a bath brush or bathe in vinegar and baking soda; deodorant afterward
Hair: Shampoo with distilled water/ACV

eurolee
December 22nd, 2013, 08:51 PM
My routines vary all the time! Mostly because I am using up all my grandma's products from when she passed away--is that creepy? :hmm: But here is what I'm doing now.

Hair: Shampoo every other day with Nature's Gate Hemp (just ran out and will try one of the other 10 million shampoos I have). Occasionally use Lamas Chinese herb stimulating shampoo. Scrunch with mousse or gel (currently Tresseme curl mousse). Then air dry and maybe diffuse a couple minutes. I deep condition, usually with garnier triple moisture, every couple weeks or so. And I'll often put some oil on my ends the night before I wash.

Skin: Wash twice daily with Alba pineapple enzyme face wash. I scrub with an exfoliating pad or alba acnedote scrub every few days. I also use some horrible harsh acne stuff every once in a while. :uhh: Really liking my Simple face moisturizer right now.

Nails: ....uh....:shrug:

Makeup: Sorry, my makeup isn't minimalistic! I wear a little of everything, but it's still natural looking (I think).

SleepyTangles
December 23rd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Hair: wash every two/three days with a sulphate-free, gentle shampoo, then I splatter generously a light, runny conditioner on the lenght and keep for some minutes, ACV rinse as final touch. No oils, for now. Clarify whenever I'm needed, henna on my roots when they make their appearance.

Face: witch hazel water to clean it in the morning, a sulphate-free cleansing gel in the evening or whenever I need to wash my face. In the morning I use a light cream for skin with couperose, or a organic tinted moisturizer, or just nothing at all; AHA serum or snail cream (or just nothing) in the evening.
Every time I shower, I make a scrub with sugar and liquid honey: its amazing, I love that stuff!!
Sometimes castor oil (eyelashes, brows) or aloe vera gel (after plucking some stray hair off my eyebrows).

Body: daily wash, shower every other day, with gentle shower gel/soap; I use a scrubby glove. Body cream.

Make up: whatever I'm feeling like, sometimes nothing, sometimes a bright lipstick with a nice black eyeliner, sometimes something smokier. I prefer natural products, as my skin can't stand cones, so its easy to wash it away with my cleansing gel, but I occasionally rub an oil on a stubborn mascara or eyeliner.

Nails: bare, I have the bad habit of biting them :(. Sometimes a nice polish, if they aren't too short :o.

meteor
December 23rd, 2013, 12:53 PM
Hair: oiling before every wash, mild shampoo and heavy, rich conditioner, always protective styles.

Face: no makeup, except special occasions, water/rosewater/honey/ACV/mildest cleansers to wash and tone, rosehip oil, grapeseed oil, evening primrose oil and other oils to moisturize every night, cream moisturizers whenever skin feels dry, strong SPF only when it's sunny, because I don't like having to remove it.

Body: water, lightest cleansers, oils and shea butter when feeling dry.

Nails: long, no polish, as it stains yellow after a while even if you use great products for base coats; cuticle oils, strengthening products for nails.

Hands: oils and butters, heavy moisturizers, especially in winter.

Loviatar
December 23rd, 2013, 02:46 PM
Hair:
Wash daily with a CV bar and cheap conefree conditioner - runny works better than creamy.
Once a week I do an overnight oiling with coconut or emu oil.
Once a week I use a creamy conditioner as a deep treatment.
Air dry and comb. Tangle teezer for bad days. Bit of aloe gel to keep the growing-out bangs neat.

Face:
Liz Earle cleanser with muslin cloth
Neal's Yard frankincense moisturiser
Sunscreen

Body:
CV bars
Solid cocoa butter

Makeup:
Daily - nothing at home. BB cream and black mascara for work. Lanolin lip balm
Special occasions - whatever I like. Coconut oil to remove any mascara.

Nails: huge polish collection but new job means short bare nails most days.

I used to experiment a lot with all of the above. I have a lot of things to use up, but the above routines are what I now prefer.

velorutionista
December 23rd, 2013, 03:49 PM
my routine is pretty bare bones (I'm lazy!)...

Hair: wash/condition every 2-3 days with whichever shampoo/conditioner catches my eye (I have a pretty good variety of mostly empty bottles at the moment!). air dry, with a light run of coconut oil through the ends to combat static (only during winter hat season!)

Face: wash with olive oil in evening, cool water in morning

Makeup: nothing...I cannot be bothered except on very special occasions

Nails: ah, here I go a bit nuts...mine are usually polished with some sort of design (right now they're red & white plaid!). But it's not so much a routine as something I do when I'm bored, so sometimes they look great, and sometimes they're all chippy, and they just continue to get all chippy until I get bored enough to paint them again!

lapushka
December 23rd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Hair: weekly shampoo with a harsh sulfate shampoo, condition twice, then loc method for styling, or in my case log method: leave-in, oil/serum, gel.

Skin: water only (no make-up to remove), Nivea cold cream (dark blue tin) as moisturizer and eye cream.

Nails: filed down once a week.

Make-up: non-existent (except for special occasions).

neko_kawaii
December 23rd, 2013, 05:20 PM
Hair: Wash 3-7 days. Oil on length, diluted condish for 20 min, shampoo on scalp, condish on length. Air dry till barely damp, bun.

Face: honey or just water once a day.

Skin: whatever local soap happened to catch my fancy every 2-3 days. Lotion if itchy and on hands after washing dishes. Lotion and gloves if hands are very dry.

Nails: Trim and file before they start to crack and snag. Cuticle creme if dry.

Make up: rarely eyeshadow and lipstick.

BlueMajorelle
December 23rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
I noticed that too. Seems like a ton of people on this side have homemade recipes with a million ingredients in them! I'm also way too lazy for that, haha.

Hair: Sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner every other day. On friday evenings I'll do baking soda with an ACV rinse because we have super hard water and it keeps my scalp healthier.

Skin: I wash with tea tree oil. Gets me nice and clean without drying skin. Couldn't get away with WO because I work with children and paint supplies and am always getting dirty and gross. I use coconut oil on my face.

Nails: I'm a painter, potter and sculptor, so my nails can get really gross. I keep em short to prevent the clay from getting into the beds, and I'll usually keep clear polish on them to keep em from getting scuffed and covered in paint. I keep my hands and cuticles moisturized with Gold Bond extra strength.

Makeup: BB cream, dark brown eyeliner, mascara.

proo
December 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
Hair: NW/SO
Face: water with washcloth, MO as sealer
Body: vigorous dry brushing
Nails: closely clipped, filed, very clean

HintOfMint
December 23rd, 2013, 10:40 PM
I'm afraid my hair routine is rather elaborate, at least for me. Everything else, on any given day, is pretty minimalist and I don't consider myself a minimalist, no-frills type of person.

Hair: the newly dubbed OSCO method, or rather, heavy pre-wash oiling, shampoo, modified SMT mixture as a conditioner (honey, capful of ACV, protein-free coney conditioner), icy cold rinse, olive oil as a leave-in, damp bun. It's not the most labor intensive routine, but it's kind of annoying to mix up the SMT before each wash instead of just going into my shower and having a bottle ready for me. Definitely feels high maintenance for me. I tried adding an egg yolk to my shampoo, but really it's too many cups of concoctions to bring into the shower. It's insane.

Skin (face): Just became high maintenance as well. Face wash consists of either water only or an EmergenC and honey mixture (occasionally with a bit of kosher salt in the mix), a vitamin C serum, and sunscreen. At night, I'll splash some hot water on my face and reapply the serum.

Face: No makeup at least as a part of my everyday routine.

Body: Bodywash with a loofah. Every once in a while I'll apply lotion on my arms and legs.

Feet/toenails: Basically nothing. I trim my toenails.

Hands/fingernails: Basically nothing. Again, unless I've gone for a manicure, they're unpainted, and cuticles left alone. I trim when they get too long.

Eyebrows: Nothing. No plucking. I'm pretty lucky.

Body hair: shave legs, armpits, and every once in a while, the bikini area.

emilylightning
December 23rd, 2013, 10:42 PM
I am very minimalistic when it comes to my routine, mostly out of laziness :p

Hair: Wash once a week. Diluted organix shampoo applied to scalp only, and then use a crap-ton of VO5 conditioner. Air dry after squeezing out excess water.

Skin: Apply lotion after every shower, or when I feel my skin needs it. I don't really wash my face, it just gets washed in the shower. In the hot months I have to use a LOT of sunscreen because I have fair skin and a mild sun allergy.

Nails: I keep them as short as possible, and never wear nail polish.

Makeup: On the rare occasion that I get noticeable acne [and it's usually like ONE pimple] I just apply some cover up to that area. Other than that I never wear makeup, not even on special occasions.

Zebra Fish
December 24th, 2013, 03:31 AM
Hair: wash 1 per week - condition length and wash scalp with diluted sls-free shampoo (wash it out over length), condition, a bit of coconut oil at half dry hair

Face: mostly water only and face cream, make up for some occasions

Body: mostly water only, depends what I'm doing - if needed soap or scrub, body oil/butter 2/3 x per week in winter, summer rarely

Nail: short and bear (nail polish for some occasions)

KittyBird
December 24th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Hair: Wash every 3-4 days with shampoo bar, conditioner, vinegar rinse and leave-in. Detangle before washing, after hair is dry, and whenever I feel it's necessary. My hair is bunned pretty much every day.

Skin: Wash with water morning and evening. Moisturize with salicylic acid moisturizer and sunscreen in the morning, and only salicylic acid moisturizer in the evening.

Makeup: Dark brown eyeliner, tinted lip balm and a bit of concealer here and there.

kitemera15
December 24th, 2013, 09:16 AM
Hair: wash every other day with sulfate free shampoo, followed by cone free conditioner or a catnip rinse. Coconut oil 1-2 times a month.

Face: daily wash with proactive solution

Body: almost everything gives me hives, so I use a mild lavender soap, and nothing else.

Nails: short and unpainted, filed if needed to keep an even shape.

Diamond.Eyes
December 25th, 2013, 06:02 PM
I'm probably high-maintenance, but I really do enjoy beauty rituals quite a bit. :o

Hair: My hair care routine probably isn't any more high-maintenance than anyone else on LHC.
I was every 3-5 days with diluted shampoo, followed by an ACV rinse, then leave my conditioner in anywhere from 20 minutes to overnight.
After rinsing out my conditioner I put some coconut oil in my hair, let it air dry then apply Nightblooming Panacea as needed.
It's up or in a braid 4-5 fine days a week, down and natural one day, and down and in curls one day.

Skin: My skin routine is probably where I spend most of my time.
I wash my skin nightly with a mixture of tea-tree oil, lavender, and chamomile oil then apply a skin oil for moisture and anti-aging benefits.
It is made up of sea buckworth oil oil, rosehip oil, vitamins A, E & C and essential fatty acids 3, 6, and 9.
I exfoliate weekly with a mix of organic honey, whole milk (lactic acid) and raw sugar crystals.
I use Boscia's SPF 50 sunscreen daily.

Lips: Exfoliate with raw sugar and coconut oil twice a week.
Moisturize lips using homemade lip cream made out of mango butter and sea buckworth oil.

Makeup: I haven't worn makeup for 2 weeks, which I have been enjoying quite a bit.
For work I will wear a BB cream, mascara, and lip gloss.
For a special occasion I will wear eyeshadow and possibly lipstick.

Body: Exfoliate once a week and apply coconut oil daily. I apply mango butter on my hands and feet for extra hydration.

Nails: Apply rosehip oil when I remember to. I haven't painted my nails in months and they have never looked better. :)

WilfredAllen
December 26th, 2013, 01:02 AM
hair: wash, conditioner, vinegar, blow dry

skin: exfoliate (brush), olive oil.

make-up: under eye concealer, mascara, eyeshadow, eyeliner

nails: cut short and usually painted

Eyebrows are frequently plucked.

Eichan
December 26th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Hair: Had it braided three days ago, left it up. Just took it down, plan to flaunt and rebraid it. I want to do a quick oil, then clarify (diluted) before I "Commit" to SO or stretching my washes out for a while. Before that I was CO once a week.

Skin: LOL I don't do ANYTHING for my skin. Sometimes, if I wear makeup, I'll use oil as a remover, but I don't use water or WASHWASH it.

Nails: Nothing, except I peel them off once a week or two when they start getting really long. I let my pinky nails grow out tho :)

Makeup (rarely): Tinted Moisturizer, Mascara, and sometimes a powder. I have really rosy cheeks so no blush, and I think eyeshadow detracts from my eyes. OH AND A LIPBALM that is colored!

LadyCelestina
December 26th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Skin:Wash 2x a day with water.Moisturizer with SPF in the mornings,benzoyl peroxide and aloe vera in the evenings.Sometimes I give my skin a break and do nothing for a few days.
Body: Wash and scrub in the shower with shower gel,moisturize after.
Makeup:Concealer and mascara are the only things I apply often enough to call it a routine.
Nails: Long and polished.I take off the polish when it's too chipped.Other than that I rarely moisturize.My hands get plenty of that from hair products and products I apply to my feet,since I have a pretty extensive foot care routine for health and aesthetic reasons.
Hair:Nothing minimalist here.I shampoo,oil and condition,then apply a leave in serum or more oil and blow dry gently or air dry.

sarahthegemini
December 26th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Hair:
Wash x2 weekly
Pre-wash overnight oiling with coconut oil
Co-wash with Asda Essentials Co
A small blob of GVN S.A.S as my RO
A pea size blob of Schwarzkopf as my LI

Skin:
Neutrogena face scrub every morning whilst in the shower
E45 moisturiser after the above face scrub
Simple cleanser + toner every night

Dove body lotion on body after showering
Soap & Glory Heel Genius foot cream after showering
Argan oil on elbows + knees

Make-up:
Usually, none.

Nails:
File and shape as needed (usually 1x week)
Sally Hansen nail strengthener on at all times

georgia_peach
December 26th, 2013, 06:51 PM
HAIR: Daily wash with WEN cleansing conditioner. Air dry or blow dry.

FACE: OCM every night. Rinse with water in the morning. Moisture morning and night with Cetaphil.

BODY: WO daily in shower with loofah. (Er..The loofah gets washed daily with soap.) Moisturize daily with Cetaphil.

MAKE UP: Merle Norman lasting foundation, creme blusher, cherry Chapstick

FRAGRANCE: None

NAILS: short and bare

butterflybutton
December 26th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Hair:
Oil massage day or two before I am going to wash.
Professional deep repair shampoo and treatment left overnight on wash day.
Wash once every two or three weeks.

Skin:
Frank body scrub in the shower once a week, and a deep moisturiser twice a day (still looking for the perfect one for my sensitive skin)
Always sunblock if I'm outside, and always covered up too. I burn!

Make-up:
Usually, none. Sometimes avada tinted SPF moisturiser.

Nails:
Cut as short as possible, then I leave them to grow really long until I have at least two chipped ones, or if there is a break and it snags.

I have very dry sensitive skin with eczema and psoriasis and I sunburn easily. So I have to keep things simple and lots of moisturiser.

MissBubble
January 7th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Hair: I wash it twice a week, shampoo, conditioner, once a week I leave all over the sculp an oil mask I make overnight, 2-3 times I use it on my ends or where there is frizz. I dye my roots every 6-8 weeks and use a mix with a semi dye and conditioner every 4 weeks to keep the color vibrant. I never use heat, once a week I sleep in foam curlers.

Skin, face: wash twice, morning and night, with a natural ingredients foam, it is like soap but doesn t contain any, day cream moisturizer, eye cream, and at night I also use a micellaire solutiom to remove make up and put some serum. Once a week I scrub and use an mild AHA cream.

Skin, body: shower every night and oil moisture every other night. Once a week I make a scrub mixing the oils with sugar.

Make up: I cant go minimal here, it is my thing! Foundation, concealer, powder, blush, lipstick or lipgloss is the less I use.

Nails: I do them once a week. i use only dark reds and browns or french if I am not lazy. I keep them for 5 days more or less, and put some oil on the day they are bare.

Xylia
January 7th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Hair--Co-wash with a Suave and VO-5 cone free conditioner, then work in the teeniest amount of Shea Moisture Curl Milk (not the whole name, but can't remember it at the moment). Once every couple of weeks I shampoo with a sulfate free shampoo.

Nails--Short and polished.

Face-- Wash with an Olay cleanser and use coconut oil for moistursizer.

Body--Usually a moisturizing shower gel, lotion and body spray of the matching scent. I use yet another matching scent in a body butter for rough spots. I also use coconut oil a lot.

Arciela
January 7th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Hair: wash once or maybe twice a week with its a 10 shampoo and conditioner.

Skin: one my face..nothing, not even water really. body is water only

Nails: I let them grow and leave em be...if they get too long I cut and file them a bit.

Makeup: none. I'll wear it rarely :flower:

ExpectoPatronum
January 7th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I'm pretty lazy about most things....My hair takes the most effort though.

Hair:
-Pre-shampoo oiled braid. Wash with SLS free shampoo. Condition. Leave-in. Smidge of oil. Cone-y serum to seal it all in and to make my hair soft. I'll swap the serum out for a gel if I want to play up my curls. Then I either let air dry or diffuse some of the 'wet' out. (On the low and cool settings, of course).
-I wash every other day and use rosemary tea in a spritzer bottle as a refresher.
-Braid and sleep cap at night.

Skin (face):
-If wearing makeup: remove makeup with coconut oil. Cleanse with cetaphil. Use homemade toner (contains ACV, witch hazel, tea tree oil and water...i LOVE this toner). Coconut oil and aloe gel to moisturize.
-If NO makeup: I use that toner. Seriously, that stuff has made the biggest difference in my skin. I rarely break out AND my acne scars are fading away. I use coconut oil and aloe gel to moisturize.
-My skin adores coconut oil...much more than my hair does.

Makeup:
-Most days I'm too lazy to bother.
-When I do, it ranges from just curled lashes all the way to a full blown face routine with every type of product under the sun...foundation, blush, bronzer, high-light, eyeshadow, liner, brows, lip products. Sometimes I just want to be fully glammed out :)

Nails:
-Toenails pretty much always painted.
-Finger nails...I'll paint them for a holiday.
-File in between cutting them.

Chiquita Banana
January 7th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I think I'm minimalist...

Hair - Coconut Oil and braid the night before washing (which is every 5 days). Shampoo and Conditioner. Finger comb and lightly oil again with coconut oil. Usually wear it up or braided every day. Still sleep with it down most nights. On non-wash days, I finger comb and put it up/braid it.

Face - Wash with the rest of my body in the shower once per day. Apply liberal amount of coconut oil. Sometimes wear eyeliner or mascara and always wear lip balm.

Nails - keep them fairly short. Polish only on toes (done by me) during the summer months.

I don't use any fragrances. Coconut oil on my hair, body, face, nails and I use it for deodorant. I love coconut oil. Met a woman once many years ago who was in her late 80's - looked like she was 40 - all because (she said) of daily coconut oil. I've used it ever since! lol

gnome82
January 7th, 2014, 12:59 PM
I prefer s/o for my hair but at the moment am w/o infrequently, with coconut oil everyday.

It is a very hot and humid summer so I have at least two showers a day with sorbolene soap, use coconut oil and shea butter on my skin.

Only used makeup over the holiday season otherwise just sunscreen if going out on the beach.

Don't like painting my nails.

ErinLeigh
January 7th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Hair: pre wash oil with Avocado or Coconut - then S/C or honey cowash
Leave in: a make shift blend mixing grapeseed oil, avocado oil, Giovanni leave in conditioner, aloe, water. If frizz is visiting, will use Pureology Precious Oils or a drop of hemp seed oil
Body: Dove Body Wash, then Shea Moisture Lavendar and Wild Orchid Body Oil
Nails: clipped short, unpainted (toes get polished)
Makeup: only special occasions, occasionally use a tinted moisturizer but even that is rare since I do not go out much now that I all I seem to do is work
Face: Simple Foaming Face Wash 2x week, raw honey 2x week, glycolic acid face wash 2 x week, OCM with hemp oil 1x week
Witch Hazel toner once in a while, daily use of aloe on face after shower, sometimes Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Moisturizer if skin feels dry.
Lips: smothered in lip balm always
Fragrance: none
Deodorant: Dove Sensitive Skin

caren
January 7th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Hair: CO wash 1x a week. Shampoo 1x month. Coconut/olive oil afterward, and then daily. (unless I am swimming: then I CO wash 3x week)
Leave in: Mane and Tail or SheaMoisture coconut
Body: Dove sensitive skin bar
Nails: clipped short, unpainted
Makeup: undereye concealer and liquid eyeliner (inconsistently)
Face: Same as body, Cetaphil moisturizer in winter (inconsistently)
Fragrance: Lavender EO diluted in jojoba oil
Deodorant: Crystal rock

esfand
May 26th, 2017, 08:56 AM
For my routine, I focus on convenience, budget, and hair health.

Pre-wash: I use beef tallow, sometimes coconut oil, but I am now using Softee Indian Hemp grease which is like $2 for a year's worth of use.
Washing: every 3-5 days with shampoo and conditioner/mask. I use any of the brand-name discontinued stuff that end up at the dollar store and stash em up. I've had Infusium 23 conditioner, Graham Webb deep conditioners, Sebastian shampoos, Clairol Professional shampoo, L'oreal Nature's Therapy hair masks... seriously, the dollar store is my go-to for affordable high quality products.
After wash: I usually don't use anything. I might use the Ion Silk Drops serum when I feel like it, but I usually don't use anything.

I spend about $1.50 a month on hair products.

H o n є y ❤
May 26th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Hair: Shampoo and style with mousse. I'll add more mousse as needed throughout the week.

Skin: Mist skin with water and add coconut oil.

Make-Up: Most days I use mascara. When I want to add more make up, I use bronzer & highlight, eye shadow, mascara, and lipgloss/lipstick. That's probably not so minimalist though lol.

Nails: I use nail polish every once and a while.

mira-chan
May 26th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Hair: Shampoo and conditioner once a week. This takes about 5 minutes usually, then air dry, usually in a ponytail so I can do things during.

Skin: Other than standard cleaning, half the time, nothing. Sometimes I'll do some fancy things for face.

Make-Up: Usually, none at all.

Nails: Uuhhh... I'll trim them... sometimes. I have used them as a screwdriver and scrapers, soo....

Groovy Granny
May 26th, 2017, 12:44 PM
HAIR: S&C weekly - detangle and bbb daily - protective styles

SKIN: glycerine soaps and oatmeal lotion - rosewater and glycerine spritzes (light fragrance/dry skin/Summer refresher)

MAKEUP: Brow pencil (medical issues = no brows) - cover stick for dark circles - hint of blush (pale skin lol)- tinted lip balms (special occasions).

NAILS: Cut/filed short (old school retired nurse lol)

Cherriezzzzz
May 26th, 2017, 01:19 PM
I'm definitely a minimalist also... I once read of somebody's mother who died with only owning her bible and a hymnal... that sounded so nice to me! Anyhow...

Hair: morrocainoil shampoo and conditioner, mostly daily. Morrocainoil leave in and treatment oil (original strength.) I've RECENTLY added that leave in conditioner... I love it, but it's not earned a permanent spot in my drawer... I'll just use coconut oil after my hair is longer for my braids.
Skin: baby mild castile soap (apply where needed, when needed.)
Face: EDA creme and panthenol spray for face... another recent purchasing... I'm starting to see fine lines at 35 years old:lala: tried to ignore them...

I almost never wear make up but when I do I use bare minerals and maybelline full and soft mascara. I keep wondering if I should throw it all out...

Everything else coconut oil fixes... I'll use up the EDA creme and see if I see a difference in my fine lines. If not, I'm going back to water only :)

This is a very fun thread!

mizukitty
May 26th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Hair: Oil, scalp massage, shampoo, condition, leave in cream. Done.

Skin: Cleanse, serum, moisturizer, sunscreen. Same for night, omitting sunscreen.

Nails: Cuticle dissolver, push, clip (gently!), paint.

Makeup: Mascara and brows if in a hurry. I don't always wear it!

I like to do things quickly and efficiently when I don't have time, but I do occasionally indulge in longer routines for the self care benefits. Unwinding while taking care of yourself is very soothing and relaxing for me :)

marvel-lover
May 26th, 2017, 02:05 PM
Hair: twice a week-Shampoo, condition, leave-in conditioner, silicone oil, occasionally- oil, SMT, clarify, always pulled up

Skin: wash twice a day with St.Ives, benzoyl peroxide cream, ELF night cream (at night) or Garnier Fructice day cream with spf 15, sometimes a face mask

Shower: Olay body wash, Jergens wet-skin lotion with green tea extract

Nails: clipped, cleaned

Makeup: Very rarely. I think I look fine without it, and I don't like the feeling of it. When I do wear it, I go all out.

lithostoic
May 26th, 2017, 02:30 PM
Hair: Weekly wash with SM african water mint shampoo. Condition with either the shea butter conditioner or the almond milk conditioner. In between shampoos I'll do one water rinse, may or may not condition. I sparingly use coconut oil when my ends are particularly dry.

Skin: Wash face once or twice a day with the Vanicream gentle cleanser. If once, I'll use just water for the other wash. The rest of my skin takes Dove liquid soap when I feel I need it. Most of the time, I just use it for the important bits and let the water take care of the rest. I don't shower every day or my skin would be dry as the desert.

Nails: I bite them when they get too long. Not out of habit, I'm very methodical with it. My job (unloading shipping containers from trucks) requires very short nails, and I prefer the rounded shape biting gives. They don't chip if they're rounded. For my toenails, I use the clippers haha. I don't paint my nails often but I definitely do my toes more than my fingers.

I prefer to let the polish naturally chip off and grow out rather than using harsh remover. But I do own it, for special cases. I also use coconut oil to moisturize my cuticles whenever my hands feel dry.

Makeup: Lol. Occasionally I'll stick my brows in place with aloe vera gel. I use the spoolie on the end of an eyebrow pencil. Don't use the actual pencil part though, since my eyebrows have grown back in. I trim them occasionally using the same spoolie and some cuticle scissors. Mostly I just pluck the strays. Once in a great while I'll curl my eyelashes and wear mascara. And I try to wear sunscreen every time I go outside.

lizardspots
May 27th, 2017, 08:48 AM
This is a great thread! I am always in favour of simplifying my routine. This is what I do:

Hair - Shampoo every 2-3 days followed by conditioner. Currently also using Minoxidil twice daily for hair regrowth. Finger combing with occasional use of tangle teezer. Go-to dos are english braid, french braid, or lazy wrap bun.

Face - Wash once daily with Cetaphil cleanser, scrub once very 2-3 days with St Ives Apricot scrub. Witch hazel as toner. Jojoba oil as moisturiser. Spot treatment with Oxy5 zit cream. Hydrating eye drops twice daily.

Body - Any old body wash I got on sale at the chemist, once daily during my morning shower. Any old body lotion once daily after my shower

Nails - Kept short and nail polish free, for work and my own preference

Make-up - Mattifying face powder and lip balm for work. Plus eye liner and mascara for going out. Plus diluted foundation, neutral eye shadow and nude lippy for special occasions.

Stub
May 27th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Hair: whenever scalp is itchy/greasy (4-5 days in winter, 2-3 in summer): 2-in-1 shampoo/cond, heavy cond for detangle in shower (so it's kinda like CWC only one less step, lol), vinegar rinse. Usually coney serum after and between washes as needed.

Face/body: shower once daily with homemade soap. Face an extra wash when it's super humid out in summer.

Nails: super short, no polish since it comes right off in my dish-washing job

No makeup ever.

truepeacenik
May 27th, 2017, 09:54 AM
Hair: pre oil on occasion, dilute shampoo 1-2x weekly plus conditioning. Maybe rinsing in between. Oil on ends as needed.

Face: soap, oil, home made scrub (salt, sugar or baking soda added to some very dilute dr bronner's) sulfur soap for rosacea about weekly.
Body: pits and bits get soap daily. The rest gets a scrubbing with soap and spa gloves weekly.

Nails: short and filed. No color, ever.

Make up: I have some. It's tinted moisture, mascara and tinted lip balm. But daily is sunscreen and plain lip balm. Does thrice a day hand lotion go here?

Dendra
May 27th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Hair: S/C every five days with Tigi Clean Up shampoo (SLS) and Davines Nounou mask (cones) used as a conditioner. Dry with a microfibre towel and spray in a leave in conditioner, then air dry. Coconut oil as a prewash.

Skin: Coconut oil as a cleanser and Dove baby lotion as moisturiser, which I also use for my body. Lots of hand cream every day, I use some sort of thick cream (again for babies - it may or may not have something to do with nappies. It has panthenol in it).

Shower gel: Dr. Bronner's lavender castile soap...smells amazing.

Nails: Trim 'em. Paint my toenails a few times during summer.

Make-up: None nearly every day. Sometimes I use a MAC brow gel to fill my brows in, a benefit mascara and/or a tinted lip balm from Lush.

Aredhel
May 27th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Hair: CWC once weekly, apply leave-in and pure argan while hair is damp.

Skin: Wash twice daily with Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser, moisturize with Moroccan Argan and Rose Moisturizing Facial Cream (from dirtydivasoaps on Etsy), tone with Neutrogena alcohol-free toner.

Nails: Usually kept short.

Makeup: I only wear makeup when I go out, which constitutes moisturizer, primer, eyeshadow, mascara, eyebrows filled in, foundation, concealer, contouring, highlighting... the whole 9. I rarely ever wear makeup, but when I do, I guess there's nothing simple about that routine.:o

Carochinha
May 27th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Hair: Wash once a week with shampoo on the scalp, conditioner on the ends.

Skin: Shower when I feel dirty... which can be anywhere between once a week to once every 2/3 days. Use random supermarket shower gel.

Nails: During school season - do nothing with them, bite them a lot; During Summer: paint once a week

Makeup: nope.

I'm the QUEEN of minimalist routines.

MoonRabbit
May 28th, 2017, 07:14 PM
Hair: Wash every 5-7 days. Deep treatment with my choice of the week, sls shampoo, conditioner.

Skin: Shower every other day with CeraVe Moisture body wash and CeraVe Omega Oil. St.Ivy Green Tea Facial Scrub. Sheet mask or Clay mask once a week and daily face moisturizer/sunscreen.

Nails. Kept short and plain.

Makeup: I do a full face for special occasions. My daily routine: Fill in eyebrows if they start to look funky, tinted moisturizer and some loose powder.

Ophidian
May 28th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Hair: Wash 2x week. Indian herbs, rye flour, WO, or dilute shampoo (infrequently as needed). Light damp oiling afterwards, Nightblooming salve as a leave in on the ends. For bed, scalp massage, ends oiled, hair braided under silk scarf. Scritch and BBB before wash, otherwise finger comb only. Protective styles during the day.

Skin: Mostly WO on body (soap if needed but usually water does the trick). Face is WO, honey, or oil cleansing with olive + castor. I make exfoliating scrubs for both using things like clay, grains/flours, herbs, honey, and rosewater depending on what I'm in the mood for and have lying around.

Nails: Short and clean.

Makeup: Very rarely.

Fia
May 29th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Hair: Weekly wash, GM Cream Shampoo/Cream Rinse, Biosilk or Moroccan oil serum as leave-in, airdrying, Madora wide-tooth comb for detangling, BBB nightly; braided at night, bun of some sort during the day

Skin: Daily or every-other day shower (depends on how the day's been and how dirty I feel), water only; skin lotion to keep eczema at bay

Nails: cut short

Makeup: nope

Pamberpestana
June 1st, 2017, 08:22 AM
I've become such a minimalist in more ways than just beauty!

Hair: s/c 2-3 times a week followed by a leave in. I'll do an oiling or a mask every other week though.

Skin: lotion on the body following my shower. When my face gets oily throughout the day I'll give it a quick wipe with a baby wipe (1-3 times a day depending on what I'm doing)

Make up: none! Maybe 1-2 times a month though I'll fill my brows and wear mascara just for fun.

Nails: nothing

A few years ago, I'd never leave my house without a full face of makeup, dying my hair every month, obsessing about nail length. And while it was fun, minimalism for me has helped me gain confidence, learn alot about myself, and focus in other things, like my kids, my art, stuff like that.

Hairkay
June 1st, 2017, 12:07 PM
Hair: Daily water wash, style once a week (one that will survive rinsing, there will be times when styling twice a week in the summer), conditioning DIY hair mask once on the weekend. Minimum or no hair ornaments. Occasional mild vinegar rinses or oat water rinses. Seal damp hair ends with a tiny bit of oil.

Skin: Use emollient cream to wash and then another emollient cream to moisturise skin asap I've dried my skin, sometimes have an oil bath with olive oil/coconut oil and or almond oil. Use of oat water when skin becomes too itchy. Limited use of steroid cream to treat eczema flair ups. Top up moisturising cream on hands and face throughout the day. No make up at all.

Nails: Keep clipped short so that they're easy to stay clean when hands are washed. Also there's less chance of chipped nails. No nail polish.

Arciela
June 1st, 2017, 10:44 PM
Hair: once a week wash with davines s/c. rest of the days its either put up entirely or down.

Skin: just water, if that.

Nails:just keep them plain and average length

Makeup: nothing. honestly when i wear it, it just makes my skin look dry and such...I prefer myself without it >_<

hayheadsbird
June 1st, 2017, 11:29 PM
Hair: CWC every 4 days. Detangle and protective style.

Skin: am, water splashies, rose water, Japanese toner, serum, light occlusive moisturiser, sunblock
Pm, oil cleanse, low pH gel cleanse, rose water, toner, serum, and 1 or 2 heavy night moisturisers. Sometimes a sheet mask after toner

Nails: longish and shaped, occasionally polish

Make up: very rare, even then just mascara and cushion foundation.

DameBridget
June 2nd, 2017, 12:46 AM
Hair: Wash every two to three days, I have quite an oily scalp, always have, the usual shampoo-conditioner for a few minutes while I brush my teeth-comb out tangles-air dry. Once or twice a month I'll oil my hair with coconut oil.

Skin: I've been struggling with acne so while I wait on my dermatologist appointment it's fairly simple.
Morning
Wash with a gentle foaming cleanser
SPF
Evening
Wash with an oil cleanser
Wash with a gentle foaming cleanser
Alternate between 4% niacinamide moisturizer and 2%BHA moisturiser

Nails: I adore nail polishes so my nails are always perfectly manicured, I never not wear nail polish :D currently rocking Essie Stones'n'Roses

Make-up: Rarely wear make-up because it just emphasises the dryness around my healing acne, but when I do it's fairly simple: BB cream, loose powder, blush, SPF balm, a tiny bit of eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil and gel and mascara. I love make-up but I'm not in a good place regarding my skin lately so I don't put on any. Also summer is coming and I live in the Mediterranean, so LOTS of sweating :S

upnorthmama
June 2nd, 2017, 05:53 AM
Hair: CWC every 4-5 days. I've been wearing it up as much as possible in a bun held with a claw clip (hair not quite long enough for fancy toys just yet). Occasional pre wash oiling with coconut oil.

Face: Morning, splash warm water on face, and follow with Swanson's Vitamin C Cream.
Evening, wash with homemade soap, and then apply face oil (recipe from the Dr. Axe website. It contains pomegranate oil, jojoba oil, frankincense, and lavender e.o)

Nails: trimmed and no polish.

Make-up: most days just a bit of under eye concealer, a dusting of powder, eyebrows (have seriously over plucked brows. Considering getting microblading done so that I don't have to fill them), and tinted lip balm. Will do liner and mascara if going out somewhere special.

Being minimal and low maintenance is very freeing, and makes getting ready to go anywhere a breeze!

yahirwaO.o
June 4th, 2017, 10:12 PM
Hair: Wash it every other or every two days with regular sulfate shampoo. Brush it at least twice a day, part it down the middle and sleek my weird bob tucked behind my ears some hairsprary and that's it. Sometimes I put it in a low baby ponytail if I feel like doing so.

Face: Splash and whatever soap around. Sometimes I exfoliate with sugar and lemmon, does leave it soft as baby skin.

Nails: Well just keep them short.

Make-up: Nothing although I sometimes use BB cream and maybe fill in my eyebrows for very special ocassions. Im a guy I don't have to that much really.