PDA

View Full Version : Has this bun been done before? What is this?

Kaelee
December 21st, 2013, 10:07 PM
It's not a nautilus, I don't think it's a normal cinnabun... :lol: Maybe it's a Cinnalus! Or a Nautibun?

I did it by wrapping a loose cinnabun, putting the stick in the middle, catching the end and then pushing the stick out above the loop. So it's kind of center held. After a couple of tries, it feels VERY secure and very comfortable. It doesn't feel like a cinnabun at all. My ends are of course sticking about the bottom because they like to behave like spring steel. :p

I'm tipsy right now and if I can actually still manage to accomplish this tomorrow maybe I'll do a video. :laugh:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/001_zps59d40d1f.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Danmara/media/001_zps59d40d1f.jpg.html)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a133/Danmara/002_zps81587e22.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/Danmara/media/002_zps81587e22.jpg.html)

Wildcat Diva
December 21st, 2013, 10:16 PM
Lol I am not the only one who gets a drink or two then plays hairstyles. Looks great!

curlsgalore
December 21st, 2013, 10:17 PM
Love it! Only I'm a visual person so not quite understanding how you did it. Looks lovely though :).

neko_kawaii
December 21st, 2013, 10:20 PM
LOL to the tipsy bit. I think I need a video to understand. *prepares the popcorn*

Kaelee
December 21st, 2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks!!! Right now, it's holding like a rock, which surprises me. I promise I will attempt to recreate it tomorrow and make a video. I don't promise that I will succeed. :laugh:

sakuraemily
December 22nd, 2013, 01:01 AM
I think i got what you did. I tend to do a center hold too. I think it still is a cinnabun basically.

Aingeal
December 22nd, 2013, 05:54 AM
I think i got what you did. I tend to do a center hold too. I think it still is a cinnabun basically.

Agreed! It looks fantastic!

Lol to being tipsy and playing with hair! Love it!

puddums
December 22nd, 2013, 08:18 AM
I do that bun when I use sticks to try to make a cinnabun! It just kind of happens that way... but I know what you mean in that it doesn't feel the same as a cinnabun. I'm just happy that someone else found this so I feel less crazy.

lapushka
December 22nd, 2013, 09:01 AM

:agree: Yes, no matter how you pin or attach it to your head!

Wildcat Diva
December 22nd, 2013, 09:08 AM
Agreed! It looks fantastic!

Lol to being tipsy and playing with hair! Love it!

SWI; styling while intoxicated. Maybe inhibitions are relaxed, muscle tension and coordination is affected, and complete hairdo rapture can be attained. Can we endorse this method (for those of legal age, and without addiction concerns of course)?

joflakes
December 22nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
well whatever it is, it's pretty! :D

swearnsue
December 22nd, 2013, 09:26 AM
The Tipsy Bun!

Kaelee
December 22nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
SWI; styling while intoxicated. Maybe inhibitions are relaxed, muscle tension and coordination is affected, and complete hairdo rapture can be attained. Can we endorse this method (for those of legal age, and without addiction concerns of course)?

:laugh: Honestly, I couldn't get it to hold that well this morning, it was pulling. I think there might actually be something to it.

Just STAY. AWAY. FROM SCISSORS! :bigeyes:

Aliped
December 22nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
I really love that hair stick Kaelee, where's it from?

Kaelee
December 22nd, 2013, 02:23 PM
I realy love that hair stick Kaelee, where's it from?

LadyIdun! I think the color is purple flame.

afu
December 22nd, 2013, 02:27 PM
Would like to see a video of this, I can never get cinnabuns tho hold with a single stick, they're a fork only style for me

Wildcat Diva
December 22nd, 2013, 02:29 PM
LOL yes, no scissors allowed. I'm more likely to fiddle around with changing out different hairtoys in the same epic bun. Sad, but that's what Drunk Divas do I guess.

Kaelee
December 22nd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Would like to see a video of this, I can never get cinnabuns tho hold with a single stick, they're a fork only style for me

Once I get good enough at it I'll do a video. It's a viable style, but it's hit or miss for being successful and comfortable right now.