PDA

View Full Version : To Those Who Had Their Hair Straight... What Methods Did You Use?

ChristmasFnatic
December 21st, 2013, 08:28 PM
Did you just go straight to the salon and have it rebonded? Or did you use other, maybe less damaging methods?

And to those who rebonded it... any tips on how you took care of it after? Maybe more co-wash than usual?

THANKS! Plan to have mine rebonded again after 5 years. Tired of my frizzy/wavy hair and wanna have a new style.

p.s. Yes Im a guy. lol

sakuraemily
December 22nd, 2013, 01:04 AM
I have a friend who has had her hair rebonded. It is damaging but that can be minimised by regular deep conditioning and moisture treatments and using salon products meant for your newly treated hair. So I think continue your routine but use products meant specifically for your treated hair. That's what my friend does and she rocks the straightened hair. You can't even tell sometimes that its not her natural hair.

ErinLeigh
December 22nd, 2013, 02:46 AM
I have a friend who has had her hair rebonded. It is damaging but that can be minimised by regular deep conditioning and moisture treatments and using salon products meant for your newly treated hair. So I think continue your routine but use products meant specifically for your treated hair. That's what my friend does and she rocks the straightened hair. You can't even tell sometimes that its not her natural hair.

I did keratin treatments for 2 years and my frizz was gone and I was left with stick straight hair that could be air dried. That being said 2 of them absolutely fried my hair. If the product is cheap and the stylist uses heat too hot or runs too many passes with iron you risk fried hair.
Also I personally believe you get less moisture into hair shaft after. I air dried hair after doing them but noticed more dryness and a lot more shedding than usual. So the good ones were excellent but too much shedding. The bad ones hair was ruined.

Now ow I stick to blow drying with a round brush to straighten. It works fine but I do frizz in humidity still and curl back up.

jacqueline101
December 22nd, 2013, 06:31 AM
I had mine straightened at the salon. It's been over a year ago and I was growing out a spiral perm. Now that the perm has grown out my hair is straight. There used to be a thread on here about straightening.

daredevil14
December 22nd, 2013, 09:54 AM
As a guy also here, I invite you to continue embracing your natural hair texture and DO learn how to properly take care of it, you may have hidden pattern of waves and even curls, check out this thread for inspiration: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110732

ChristmasFnatic
December 24th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Thanks all!!! Yeah I plan to have it straighten this weekend. Just for new style and whatnot.

Anyway its less than an hour before Christmas, so yeah MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL... AND YOUR FAMILIES!

Dark40
December 29th, 2013, 09:01 PM
I chemically relax my hair every 5 weeks, and while I have chemically relaxed hair I do protein treatments every week, and also deep conditioning treatments once or twice a month, and that minimizes the damage.