PDA

View Full Version : Hair Tattoo Milestones!

Ashflower89
December 21st, 2013, 07:13 PM
Guess who just got their first tattoo! It's actually 6 tattoos, symbols going down my spine to pay homage to my favorite videogame series ever, Legacy of Kain. And right after I got it done and somebody took my back shot, it made me realize, I can use my symbols as a way to measure my growth and be little mini-milestones! SL would be red, APL green, BSL between purple and teal, and WL at yellow. Lol sorry, I'm a dork.

Anyway, here's the picture they took:
P.S. The bottom is yellow, but the swelling makes it look orange until it heals more.
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac299/Ashflower89/1477641_774188102595860_1375414240_n_zpsdd7edb9c.j pg

blue_eyes
December 21st, 2013, 07:30 PM
That's so exciting! :D They look awesome. Tattoos are incredibly addictive. I've got 7 now XD I just got my entire arm done this year. You're totally right though, they're perfect for measuring your hair length!

Ashflower89
December 21st, 2013, 07:36 PM
That's so exciting! :D They look awesome. Tattoos are incredibly addictive. I've got 7 now XD I just got my entire arm done this year. You're totally right though, they're perfect for measuring your hair length!

=D That's awesome! I was super nervous, but I've been eyeballing this tattoo for years, and my 2 weeks off for the holidays was a perfect time to get it done and let it heal before going back to work. It didn't hurt NEARLY as bad as anyone warned me, and I love it. In a few months I can say "I hit the top of the red symbol!" lol

vindo
December 21st, 2013, 07:59 PM
What a great idea! You should document your journey really well. Like a photo whenever you reach a tattoo milestone!

And congrats on you tattoo! When I was growing my hair pre LHC one goal length of mine was for my hair to reach my lower back tattoo! :D

Ashflower89
December 21st, 2013, 08:12 PM
What a great idea! You should document your journey really well. Like a photo whenever you reach a tattoo milestone!

And congrats on you tattoo! When I was growing my hair pre LHC one goal length of mine was for my hair to reach my lower back tattoo! :D

Thanks Emichiee! I've already got a hair progress blog where I'm taking pictures on the 1st of each month, but I will definitely make posts here when I reach each symbol or completely cover one. Based on the tattoo, my hair's never made it past the middle of the green one since middle school.

ositarosita
December 21st, 2013, 08:49 PM
I do the same thing with my back tattoos lol because the hit from right at the hairline to BSL to it's a way for me to see progress while waiting to see progress lol

Stormcast
December 21st, 2013, 09:46 PM
Legacy of Kain is awesome! Cool tattoos!

sakuraemily
December 22nd, 2013, 12:55 AM
It looks awesome!
The fourth letter is in fact the hindi letter for something that sounds like gnyuh.

Ashflower89
December 23rd, 2013, 05:26 AM
Legacy of Kain is awesome! Cool tattoos!

Woohoo, another LoK fan! Did you know they're working on a free-to-play PVP game that takes place in Nosgoth? It's in the timeline where Raziel is laying in the abyss for his 1000 years or so, and the vampires and humans are warring. The vampire classes released so far are loosely based on some of the clans, and they fill in the storyline of what happened to Raziel's clan while he was gone. I'm pretty excited about it =D

It looks awesome!
The fourth letter is in fact the hindi letter for something that sounds like gnyuh.

Really? I've never seen it anywhere outside LoK, do you have some kind of link to a description of it? That's pretty interesting.

jacqueline101
December 23rd, 2013, 06:43 AM
I love your tattoo by the way. That's a very cleaver idea it would make a good photo album or video each time you reach a symbol take a photo.

Ashflower89
December 23rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
I love your tattoo by the way. That's a very cleaver idea it would make a good photo album or video each time you reach a symbol take a photo.

Thank you jacqueline101 =) I will definitely have lots of pictures up here on LCH and the blog for each symbol milestone lol.

vindo
December 23rd, 2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks Emichiee! I've already got a hair progress blog where I'm taking pictures on the 1st of each month, but I will definitely make posts here when I reach each symbol or completely cover one. Based on the tattoo, my hair's never made it past the middle of the green one since middle school.

Sounds exiting! I will be watching your tattoo symbol journey!

I just had a funny thought of a below classic length tattoo to indicate goal length lol. It would be funny if anyone did that. But as often as LHCers change their goal length...that could be a problem ;)

jacqueline101
December 23rd, 2013, 03:32 PM
Thank you jacqueline101 =) I will definitely have lots of pictures up here on LCH and the blog for each symbol milestone lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing this. Keep me posted.