PDA

View Full Version : Input on my routine?

Ashlbee
December 21st, 2013, 02:08 PM
Hi all!

I was wondering if I could get some thoughts on my routine and how I could improve it. I've been going through the CO thread but there is so much info it is sorta overwhelming!

What I do currently:

CO wash daily/every other day with Suave Naturals in coconut or green apple
Clarify with VO5 clarifying in kiwi ever so often when hair starts to feel build-up-ish (every few weeks or so)
Use coconut oil on my length when I remember, sometimes olive oil too

I'm pretty happy with my routine so fair. I've done it for about a year. I haven't noticed any of the shedding some COers have had trouble with and my hair now have real waves! (Thought it was straight my whole life)

My hair is a bit tangle prone though and can feel dry. I'm debating adding in some cones, like a leave in, for slip but I'm not sure. Suggestions?

The picture in my signature is current, but those are braid waves not my natural ones.

0xalis
December 21st, 2013, 08:44 PM
Sounds good to me! Go ahead and try using cones, it more than likely won't hurt anything. If it sucks you can just clarify and get them out :)

TheWhiteRabbit
December 21st, 2013, 08:55 PM
I agree that if you want to get slip, using the cones and seeing if that is what you want can't hurt. My hair is not wavy but cones are the only way I can get any slip.