PDA

View Full Version : Back after a long & unwanted absence

Loviatar
December 20th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I have been a member since 2005 & have been unable to access the boards for months - maybe years? - due to a computer problem. I got an iPhone this week & am thrilled to see I can access LHC on my phone! I have missed the forum so much!

I finally have virgin / all natural hair for the first time since I was about 13. It's currently a short bob. I did my last pixie ever in March this year to get rid of my constant need to take my emotions out on my hair with bleaching, dyeing, cutting etc. Since March I've been using and loving shampoo bars from Chagrin Valley and the occasional CO. I do miss my punk colours but I finally start a new job soon (those who know me will know I've had a long period of unemployment due to redundancies and job cuts which has led to severe depression) and I think wild colours are a no no for the job. It's a complete change from my arts training and theatre/writing work and will need me to retrain but I'm really excited about it. So I won't think about colour til I reach BSL and that includes henna. I've been using cassia now & then and I'd like to try sidr / zizyphus spina Christi in 2014 to improve thickness.

I'm so glad to be able to use the site again, I have missed it so much!

P.s. Ignore the avatar, that's about two years old and covered in black dye ;)

camara
December 20th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Hi! Welcome back!

Addy
December 20th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Welcome back! I'm growing out a pixie cut too with all natural, virgin hair! Congratulations on your job!

Kimberly
December 20th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Good to see you back and posting. :-)

jeanniet
December 20th, 2013, 01:21 PM
I'm really glad to see you back--I was wondering where you had drifted off to. Congratulations on the new job, and I hope it goes wonderfully for you!

Beatnik Guy
December 20th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Hey! :waving:

jacqueline101
December 20th, 2013, 04:47 PM
I'm glad you're back. I did miss seeing you around. You were always on the forum and I'm glad your life has taken a positive turn. Good luck and again welcome back.

Amalthea
December 20th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Welcome back and congratulations on your new job!

I'm another long-term member who has had lots of stops and starts with the growing process. I remember your posts and I'm happy to see you around the forum again. :)

Anje
December 20th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Hi Lovi, long time no see! Glad you've got a job and web access now.

Alarice
December 20th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Congrats on your new job! Crazy colors are something that I'd like to try in theory, but like you I can't wear them to work...and since I'm allergic to a lot of conventional beauty products, hair dye probably isn't something my body'd like much anyway. The upside of my workplace is that I at least can (within reason) dress the way I want--a welcome change from my previous ugly fast food uniform. :rolleyes:

Wildcat Diva
December 20th, 2013, 09:46 PM
I remember reading your posts. I am glad you are back!

Micayla47
December 20th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Welcome back! looking forward to pictures :)

embee
December 21st, 2013, 04:46 AM
Glad you're able to access the board again. Hate computer issues.

Nice to hear things are looking up for you - now all you need is a new avatar. :)

Gabriel
December 21st, 2013, 07:10 AM
Hi! Welcome back! Congrats on the new job too! :)

lapushka
December 21st, 2013, 07:14 AM
Hi, so nice to hear from you again (I remember you posting) - welcome back! :)