PDA

View Full Version : Help for daughters hair

Aingeal
December 19th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Ive been trying to teach my thirteen year old how to care for her 2c curls and whirls, and she may finally be listening. She called me to her yesterday morning because she was having a bad hair day. I went in and omg. Her hair was a wreck. She straightens it all the time and piles gunk on it. It was bad. So I oiled it lightly and threw it Ina braid. Then when we got home I gave it a heavy oiling, let it set for a couple hours, and then gave her a good wash and acv rinse. We let her hair air dry and it looked better, but wow! She had severe flaking. I k ew she was flaking, but I did t know how bad. What can I do to help her scalp? She's never had flakes like this before. I'm sure it has to do with how she was caring for it.

Firefox7275
December 20th, 2013, 06:38 AM
See your family doctor or a dermatologist for a diagnosis then treat that, flaking is a symptom of many different dermatological disorders, you can easily worsen the problem self treating a self diagnosis.

If its seborrhoeic dermatitis avoid oils and butters rich in oleic acid (many of them) since research suggests that is the main irritant (in sebum and released by malassezia yeast). For any form of dermatitis review the diet making it as nutrient dense and anti-inflammatory as possible. This reduces systemic inflammation, balances hormones and alters the composition of her sebum.