PDA

View Full Version : Ends and updos

truepeacenik
December 18th, 2013, 11:19 PM
This gets mentioned in many threads, but I can't find one that addresses the issue.
Is it easier to do updos with taper (not necessarily fairytale ends) than blunt, or U ends?
if you have fabulous blunt ends, do certain buns work better. Are any impossible or just not worth it?

I really like blunt ends on others and think I want them, but I like being able to have simple updos.

0xalis
December 18th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Everyone I've heard talk about ends and updo's have said that tapering ends make them a LOT easier, and I think I get why! My ends are very blunt because my hair is relatively short, and my hair is about the same thickness all the way down... it makes some updos near impossible :/

Wildcat Diva
December 19th, 2013, 12:08 AM
After I got a trim in April, it made some buns really hard for a month or two. I don't think it was that it was shorter, it was the bluntness of the ends. But in my case, it was only temporary for about a month until things leveled out.

bekahleigh
December 19th, 2013, 12:28 AM
When I had blunt ends I stuck to a ponytail because buns were just impossible. Now I dont have blunt ends, they taper, (I want fairytale ends), and it is waaaay easier to put my hair into updos.

Charybdis
December 19th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Even with layering my ends are relatively blunt - and, yes, it makes buns more challenging. Harder to tuck the ends in for a polished look.

eshta
December 19th, 2013, 12:47 AM
I have had blunt ends, a deep U shaped hemline and a V shaped hemline (artificial fairietale ends) and the V ends were very easy to tuck in. Blunt ends always escape my buns, always, at just about every length. I really liked the deep U, it's a compromise between blunt and V, I think they look nicer than V shapes and are easier to tuck in then blunt ends but that just my preference.

I love the lazy wrap bun with hair forks for blunt ends, it holds really well for me.

tetisheri72
December 19th, 2013, 05:15 AM
I have blunt ends, or at least I work hard to keep them blunt, because I like the look better. I haven't noticed any particular difficulty in buns with my blunt ends. But, the last time I had a V hemline or something that might be considered on the way to fairy tale ends, I didn't know most of the buns I do know. So maybe I just don't have the experience to tell the difference.

truepeacenik
December 30th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Good to hear the perspectives.

I think I'll lay off the attempting to even up my ends compulsion and just enjoy the ease of crazy ends.:)

TiaKitty
December 30th, 2013, 02:06 PM
I think we have similar hair types... I would definitely take layers/fairytales over blunt ends for buns and braids! It drives me crazy with blunt ends to try to do a cinnabun.

Madora
December 30th, 2013, 02:14 PM
I've had both and fairytale ends are a little easier to tuck in...but blunt ends can be done almost as easily. It's just a question of not braiding (if you're braiding) or twisting (if you're twisting) to the very ends. Do the style 3/4ths down, then simply cross the ends once, then tuck in the longer tail under the bun.