PDA

View Full Version : Unique Hairstyle Problem

Normand24
December 18th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Hey guys, first of all I want to say that it's awesome to be here on the forum, I've done a bit of research but haven't seen my question answered, so here goes:

My hair is perfect....I mean perfect for the way I want it to look after I come home from the gym and after I wake up. I was wondering if there was any way to mimic that with products or a specific shampoo. My problem is that when I use anything post shower, my hair gets bunched in the wrong places and it tends to get too long/stringy, whereas after waking up/the gym it tends to be thick, but also shorter in that it's easier to move around and not have it look any worse.

A bit weird, but any answers/ideas would be appreciated. I currently have gel/moose/hairspray/wax and a hair iron (I'm a male btw), but I can't really seem to figure anything out post shower. Cheers!

ErinLeigh
December 18th, 2013, 09:49 PM
maybe one of those beachhead sprays? Sounds like you like the salty way your hair looks after a sweat? The bedhead look or beachy look?
The have some of those saltwater sprays in stores although they might be a lil rough on hair.
just guessing anyway :)

Firefox7275
December 18th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Welcome!

I don't really understand what you are describing TBH. Is your hair simply still damp after showering but dry after the gym or waking? Hair can feel dry long before it is. Also shampoo can mess with the electrical charge or pHof hair causing it to be unruly the first day. Solution may be to use a way gentler cleansing method, or to work better with your natural wave pattern. Many people with hidden waves find hair is especially unruly after shampooing, after brushing/ combing or when slightly damp.

Normand24
December 19th, 2013, 07:51 AM
maybe one of those beachhead sprays? Sounds like you like the salty way your hair looks after a sweat? The bedhead look or beachy look?
The have some of those saltwater sprays in stores although they might be a lil rough on hair.
just guessing anyway :)

Interesting, I will be looking into that. I appreciate the response

Welcome!

I don't really understand what you are describing TBH. Is your hair simply still damp after showering but dry after the gym or waking? Hair can feel dry long before it is. Also shampoo can mess with the electrical charge or pHof hair causing it to be unruly the first day. Solution may be to use a way gentler cleansing method, or to work better with your natural wave pattern. Many people with hidden waves find hair is especially unruly after shampooing, after brushing/ combing or when slightly damp.

Thank you for the welcome and thanks for the response.

Yes my hair is damp, but when it's damp I can almost style it very well, after it settles it tends to become deflated and lose it's look.

Here is a pic of what my hair looks like ideally, this was taken upon waking up:

http://i.imgur.com/fmCyac3.jpg

It holds to the side of my head very well and up top you can see it's thick/easy to maneuver, whereas when I put any products on it, it tends to part and you can see individual strands which I don't like or feel as though it looks good.

What would you suggest as far as a "gentler cleaning method," I've tried not shampooing before and that works pretty well and in general how often should I even be shampooing my hair?

breezefaerie
December 19th, 2013, 10:06 AM
You technically don't need to shampoo at all.

There are other methods of cleaning you hair, if you so choose. Conditioner only washing, baking soda and ACV, shampoo bars and of course there are some who do water only or nothing at all.

If not shampooing works for you, why not try it for a while and see how it goes?

ositarosita
December 19th, 2013, 10:20 AM
sounds to me like you enjoy your hair feeling a little or looking a little "dirty" .. because of the added volume .. have you tried something like this??? http://www.bedhead.com/en/#/products/styling/candy-fixations/sugar-dust ... it's a mix between a dry shampoo and a volume powder

velorutionista
December 19th, 2013, 11:08 AM
maybe a little coconut oil run through the ends to weigh them down post-shower? or maybe even try a dry shampoo (loose powder) sprinkled into damp hair and brushed out followed by finger tousling to break things up a bit?