PDA

View Full Version : My first dutch braid!

Zindell
March 19th, 2008, 04:53 AM
I am a hair klutz and can really only do ponytails, ordinary braids and half-updos with a barrett.

But I just now tried to do a french braid, just starting my braid far up and adding some hair from each side everytime i crossed my hair.

When I looked in the mirror it was a "perfect" Dutch Braid! Looked pretty darn good too if I may say so. :D

(I guess I crossed my hair under the braid and not over or something)

florenonite
March 19th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Exciting! It's always nice to expand your repertoire a bit.

Mary <><
March 19th, 2008, 05:09 AM
Do we get to see pics of the beautiful braid??? Congtatz on your success!!!

Zindell
March 19th, 2008, 05:21 AM
Thanks! :)

No pics atm since I am at work atm.
In fact this could very well be my new work-do. Looks much more professional than with my hair down. :D

FrannyG
March 19th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Congratulations! :hollie: It's wonderful to accomplish something new. I was a hair klutz too for 44 years. I was good with styles that involved hot rollers, curling irons, mousse and hairspray, but I didn't even know how to use a hairstick, let alone do a Dutch braid.

Now I'm a styling maniac! :)

You won't be a hair klutz for long!:cheer:

Robinlyn
March 19th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Congrats! I'm so bad at updo's and braids. The only one I have mastered is a french twist...LOL! But I will keep trying! Good for you, the dutch seems so hard to do yourself!

HeavenlyTresses
March 19th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Congratulations, I would love to see a pic! The first few times I tried to french braid it came out as a dutch braid, something about doing it on my own head made it come out backward I guess.

Zindell
March 19th, 2008, 06:54 AM
The only one I have mastered is a french twist...LOL!

I love french twists! I am still struggling to make a decent one myself. I think my hair need another inch or two before it'll stick though.

pookatrina
March 19th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Isn't it fun to learn a new braid? I know how excited I get when I learn a new one.

Chamomile betty
March 19th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Wonderful, it's always nice to discover a new style.

spidermom
March 19th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Congratulations. I love wearing dutch braids; they don't sag as quickly as a french.

MadPirateBippy
March 19th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Yay! Learning new styles is always great!

I need to learn to do dutch braids myself.

Gumball
March 19th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Congrats! I think the best part is you tried doing one thing, ended up with another and it turned out fantastic! Good going. I bet it looks amazing.