PDA

View Full Version : some advice?

bekahleigh
December 17th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Soooo there's this parch at the back of my head that didn't wash clean when I washed out my oil treatment. I know it's suggested to put conditioner in to get it out, but how long should I leave it in? Is there a time that would be too long? Like if I put it in and fell asleep?

0xalis
December 17th, 2013, 01:33 AM
I don't think conditioner is going to hurt anything, especially on top of oil. Last time I used conditioner to get oil out of my hair I just did it like a CO-wash. I'm not an expert by any means, but I don't think it'll destroy your hair if you sleep on it. :)

ejking2
December 17th, 2013, 01:33 AM
There's no need to leave it in any longer than 20 minutes or so, but leaving it overnight shouldn't hurt. HTH :)

Dragon
December 17th, 2013, 01:44 AM
When I need to get a lot of oil out I usually leave it in for a few hours. It probably won’t hurt if you leave it in overnight either. I’ve left it in over night before when I was to tired to wash it out but it helps to wrap a towel around your pillow if you do because the stuff can leak out of the shower cap a bit.

bekahleigh
December 17th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Hmmm... I think i'll just put some in when I wake up and then shower after 30 minutes or so. I was going to wash it out tonight but I know i'll fall asleep and if I get stuff on the pillows again the bf will kill me lol

restless
December 17th, 2013, 06:42 AM
When I do oil treatments (mostly with coconut oil that I slather on in ridiculous amounts and let soak for some hours) I wash it out like normal; conditioner on for a couple of minutes (about 3 to 5) and then rinse it out with water. That method works fine by me, Ive never had any issues getting it out that way even though I dont leave it on for as long as some ladies in the thread.

moniquerenaud
December 17th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Restless, do you need to use shampoo at all? Like does your scalp turn out clean or greasy?