PDA

View Full Version : Trimming hair and moon phases

swetz
December 16th, 2013, 09:20 PM
I have heard that trimming hair when new moon makes hair grow faster . Is it true? have any body tried? I ready to everything ,if that make my hair longer. :cool: :p

LauraLongLocks
December 16th, 2013, 09:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbHzgbhzMrk

Lucy has a video for that. I figure it can't hurt, so why not? I'm now only trimming when the Farmer's Almanac and the moon cycle are in alignment.

Sharysa
December 16th, 2013, 10:08 PM
I also trim my split ends by the new moon. Whether it actually helps my hair growth or just keeps me from going OCD with trimming every few minutes, it doesn't hurt at all.

Soullurre
December 17th, 2013, 03:26 AM
I've noticed a little from experimenting. Not a huge difference but a little. New moon in Leo is great.

swetz
December 17th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Thanks laura long locks for the link :)

Night_Kitten
December 17th, 2013, 12:23 PM
I also trim according to the moon phases but haven't noticed any change in growth rate... Maybe it's because I trim only once or twice a year...

ETA - It could be a placebo effect - a person believes a certain trimming schedule is beneficial to hair growth rate, and that is exactly what makes that schedule beneficial and causes faster growth rate :)

~*~Aspen~*~
December 17th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I also trim my split ends by the new moon. Whether it actually helps my hair growth or just keeps me from going OCD with trimming every few minutes, it doesn't hurt at all.

lol, that's awesome..

:D

(Okay, put-down the :scissors:- gently- to the floor-...)

duchess67
December 17th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Maybe I should give this a try and see whether it would affect my hair growth. A bit of extra growth is always welcome :)

Naiadryade
December 17th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Yeah, Moon worship! I S&D whenever because I embrace my OCD, but I never trim the ends on a full or waning moon. It just seems like it would be out of alignment with my intention of growing long hair to do so.

By the way, there's a great thread on this already: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69119 ...many thoughts and good links lie within.

Sharysa
December 17th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Oh, I was wondering where that thread went! I was looking for it, but the search engine wasn't being helpful.

Naiadryade
December 17th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I always use Google and just put site:longhaircommunity.com plus the phrase I'm searching for because of that. :)

duchess67
December 17th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Naiadryade, thanks for the link to that thread. I read quite a few pages, it was quite interesting. I've bookmarked the Lunar calendar and I am going to schedule my micro-trims according to moon phases.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, Moon worship! I S&D whenever because I embrace my OCD, but I never trim the ends on a full or waning moon. It just seems like it would be out of alignment with my intention of growing long hair to do so.

By the way, there's a great thread on this already: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69119 ...many thoughts and good links lie within.