PDA

View Full Version : I hate wash day

tetisheri72
December 16th, 2013, 02:11 PM
I can't get my hair to stay in anything, and I don't want to leave it down. I hate that. Tomorrow will be better though.

shutterpillar
December 16th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Can you braid it? If I have an off day and my hair wont sit right in a bun then i'll usually braid it (an english or french braid) and that will work for me.

Demi-Plum
December 16th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I'm the opposite, but I have fine/thin hair that requires washing almost daily, lucky for me it's cold right now so I just wear hats.....

tetisheri72
December 16th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Can you braid it? If I have an off day and my hair wont sit right in a bun then i'll usually braid it (an english or french braid) and that will work for me.

I finally just put it up in an English braid. It's my go to when it doesn't want to do anything, but it didn't settle right. The hair is on my nerves today. I have a new paranda I want to play with too. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

tetisheri72
December 16th, 2013, 04:39 PM
I'm the opposite, but I have fine/thin hair that requires washing almost daily, lucky for me it's cold right now so I just wear hats.....

I have fine/thinnish hair too. I'm lucky. I can stretch a wash 7 days with no problem. I'm trying to make that last longer with adding in more CO washes. This time of year, I take a shower every other day, or every 3rd day, depending on whether or not I'm going out. I have extremely dry skin, and I just can't get enough lotion and such on it. I'm going to add in coconut oil for my hair, and see what it does for it.

ProverbsGirl
December 16th, 2013, 04:59 PM
I have the same issue. On wash day I cann't hardly keep it up because it slips right out of most holders. I used to love wash day and now I have to grit my teeth and bear it until the second day.

Naiadryade
December 16th, 2013, 05:27 PM
I've got the opposite problem too: When my hair gets greasy, it becomes unwilling to act as a unit... I'm forever redoing buns and braids only to find a loop of hair sticking out here, a missed chunk there... Right after I wash it it's much better behaved, but I can't help but wear it down much of the time because it feels sooo nice. :crush: There's sort of a sweet spot for buns and braids on days 3 to 5 or 6.

see_turtle
December 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM
I can not skip a day with out my hair being greasy AND dry. It's horrible no bun or braid will mask it either. Typically on Sundays stay home and do not wash it.

MeowScat
December 16th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Ugh, wash day means that it has to be worn down to fully dry and tangles take over. If I put it up too soon, then it's damp for everrr! WHY?!?!

Hootenanny
December 16th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Lol, we need a "Forever Damp" meme for this thread. :rollin:

jacqueline101
December 16th, 2013, 08:22 PM
I hate wash day because my hair takes so long to dry. I'm sort of impatient and wish it would dry in 50 seconds. Maybe I need to invent an instant drying potion. I hate dealing with tangles after I wash it. I don't have a lot of tangles but it still tangles.

embee
December 16th, 2013, 08:31 PM
I hate *winter* wash days. Icy cold hair dripping down my back for hours, ugh.

So I'm mostly NW/SO in winter. :)

0xalis
December 17th, 2013, 12:16 AM
I too, can stretch my washes to just once a week. I hate how long my hair takes to dry, and how cold it is!! My house has no insulation except in one room, and I want to be on my computer!!! I cannot believe I used to wash my hair every other day... that's insanity.

bekahleigh
December 17th, 2013, 12:54 AM
It's a love/hate relationship for me. I love the way washing my hair feel, gets in a nice long massage, feels clean, refreshes the smell of my lovely conditioner. Buuut the dry time sucks. I leave it all the way down until the top is dry, then pull half up to get the middle of my hair dry. Keep the tangles at bay with a detangler comb, VERY gently. About every half hour until it's all the way dry.

tetisheri72
December 17th, 2013, 04:27 AM
I have the same issue. On wash day I cann't hardly keep it up because it slips right out of most holders. I used to love wash day and now I have to grit my teeth and bear it until the second day.

I'm the same way. Wash day used to be great, but now I just hang in until the second day.

tetisheri72
December 17th, 2013, 06:22 AM
I've got the opposite problem too: When my hair gets greasy, it becomes unwilling to act as a unit... I'm forever redoing buns and braids only to find a loop of hair sticking out here, a missed chunk there... Right after I wash it it's much better behaved, but I can't help but wear it down much of the time because it feels sooo nice. :crush: There's sort of a sweet spot for buns and braids on days 3 to 5 or 6.

I've found that days 3-6 are the very best too. Trying to get the hair to do anything with it other than a simple English braid is a pain.

tetisheri72
December 17th, 2013, 06:27 AM
I can not skip a day with out my hair being greasy AND dry. It's horrible no bun or braid will mask it either. Typically on Sundays stay home and do not wash it.

I'm pretty lucky that it doesn't get too greasy even on day 7, usually.

tetisheri72
December 17th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Ugh, wash day means that it has to be worn down to fully dry and tangles take over. If I put it up too soon, then it's damp for everrr! WHY?!?!

Oh, the drying and tangling. Even with hair on the fine thin side, it's still a couple of hours before it's actually all try.

I hate wash day because my hair takes so long to dry. I'm sort of impatient and wish it would dry in 50 seconds. Maybe I need to invent an instant drying potion. I hate dealing with tangles after I wash it. I don't have a lot of tangles but it still tangles.

If you could invent a potion like that, you would have a built in customer base for sure.

I hate *winter* wash days. Icy cold hair dripping down my back for hours, ugh.

So I'm mostly NW/SO in winter. :)

Even with my nice warm house, it's nasty, cold, wet hair. Gets the back of my shirt wet, and makes me cold. I already have problems with being cold all the time. I don't need any help.

I too, can stretch my washes to just once a week. I hate how long my hair takes to dry, and how cold it is!! My house has no insulation except in one room, and I want to be on my computer!!! I cannot believe I used to wash my hair every other day... that's insanity.

Luckily we have insulation. My landlord is pretty good about making sure that the house is weather proofed. I can't believe how much nicer my hair feels and how much better it behaves since I started stretching washes. I just love how it feels. My husband likes to pet my hair because he likes how it feels.

It's a love/hate relationship for me. I love the way washing my hair feel, gets in a nice long massage, feels clean, refreshes the smell of my lovely conditioner. Buuut the dry time sucks. I leave it all the way down until the top is dry, then pull half up to get the middle of my hair dry. Keep the tangles at bay with a detangler comb, VERY gently. About every half hour until it's all the way dry.

Oh, I love the smell of my conditioner. I will sit and smell it for hours after washing. I like with stretching it that I can still smell it after a few days. It's totally yum.

Obviously I just remembered I could multi-quote. My brain is fried already.

jacqueline101
December 18th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Oh, the drying and tangling. Even with hair on the fine thin side, it's still a couple of hours before it's actually all try.

If you could invent a potion like that, you would have a built in customer base for sure.

Even with my nice warm house, it's nasty, cold, wet hair. Gets the back of my shirt wet, and makes me cold. I already have problems with being cold all the time. I don't need any help.

Luckily we have insulation. My landlord is pretty good about making sure that the house is weather proofed. I can't believe how much nicer my hair feels and how much better it behaves since I started stretching washes. I just love how it feels. My husband likes to pet my hair because he likes how it feels.

Oh, I love the smell of my conditioner. I will sit and smell it for hours after washing. I like with stretching it that I can still smell it after a few days. It's totally yum.

Obviously I just remembered I could multi-quote. My brain is fried already.

If I could really make a hair drying option wouldn't it be great. I'd keep you in mind as a customer.

tetisheri72
December 19th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Yes, please do remember me as a customer.

Applegirl84
December 19th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I like wash day and find my hair is the prettiest that day or the day after. Beyond that it's dry shampoo and updos. My hair is pretty fine though and dries quickly. Have you guys tried drying with paper towel? I find it speeds up my air drying time by 30min-1 hr. I dry as usual with my Aquius towel, but after using a wide comb I use a paper towel to squeeze as much water from my length as possible. Makes a huge difference for me.

tetisheri72
December 19th, 2013, 07:38 AM
That's something I never though of.

turtlelover
December 19th, 2013, 07:43 AM
My scalp gets itchy and nasty after a day and a half w/out washing. I envy those of you who can go a WEEK!

tetisheri72
December 19th, 2013, 08:01 AM
My head only gets itchy right under wherever I put my hair up, about 10 seconds after I put it up. Or when I get really tired. I always get itchy when I get tired.

Auburndreaming
December 26th, 2013, 01:28 PM
I hate wash day too, my hair takes quite a long time to dry and I hate when it drips EVERYWHERE haha, the only plus side is the nice smelling hair compared to how it is before I wash it... Not so good!

tetisheri72
December 26th, 2013, 01:54 PM
The nice shampoo/conditioner smell is always nice.

PixxieStix
December 26th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I always have to damp bun my hair on wash days, and let it down to finish drying after work.

walterSCAN
December 26th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Oh, I looooooove wash days! I wash on Sundays, and I'm always looking forward to it by late Thursday. (of course, this is mainly because being a new momma means wash day = the only full shower I get all week) I get washed-by-proxy through the week whenever the Booger needs scrubbing, but it's just not the same. The only thing I don't like about wash day is having to do a damp braid. Ickeh.

tetisheri72
December 26th, 2013, 03:58 PM
I remember the days of having a little one in the house and not being able to take a shower. Until my son was a year old, I hardly ever got a shower that lasted for more than 5 minutes, and I only got that because he had an exersaucer I could pull into the bathroom. The boy was a velcro baby, and daddy wouldn't do.

AngryVikingGirl
December 28th, 2013, 04:25 PM
If I could really make a hair drying option wouldn't it be great. I'd keep you in mind as a customer.

Totally offtopic but how funny is it just to switch two letters and get a completely right word that doesn't even stand out of the text? :D

Symphony
December 28th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I hate that I have to wait for my hair to dry naturally, and it being 10-25 degrees F here on a regular basis, I try to avoid going outside as much as I can, alas the dog needs walking!!! (no yard). If I could shower and have my hair dry in an hour, all would be well!

walterSCAN
December 28th, 2013, 05:20 PM
I remember the days of having a little one in the house and not being able to take a shower. Until my son was a year old, I hardly ever got a shower that lasted for more than 5 minutes, and I only got that because he had an exersaucer I could pull into the bathroom. The boy was a velcro baby, and daddy wouldn't do.

Mine too! Now he can stand on his own/ walk a bit, so he just comes in the shower with me. :)

tetisheri72
December 28th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Doing that makes everything much easier too.