PDA

View Full Version : grey in a couple of months

Lenniemi
December 16th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I turned grey in a couple of months. My doctor said: it happened to me too. Nothing to do about it. I'm 31. I went through a tough period with lots of stress and didnt have the healthiest diet over the last few months. He didnt wanna take blood because he said that there was nothing to do about it. I dont know if he's right.
Has anyone had success with reversing greying?

Madora
December 16th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Dr. George Michael mentions success with returning hair to a natural color in his book "George Michael's Secrets for Beautiful Hair". Apparently, according to him, premature grey is due to major vitamin deficiencies.

I'd certainly seek another physician and get a second opinion about your problem. Perhaps a trichologist (hair doctor) would be able to advise you.

JessicaAnn
December 16th, 2013, 02:00 PM
I had a few greys when I was in high school, not a lot, but they were there. They gradually disappeared while I was in college. Home was stressful when I was a teenager and I always figured that was what triggered it. I don't really have any help beyond that for you, but I will be watching this thread closely. I'm your same age and I terrified that I'm going to start going grey (again) before my current shortish cut grows out.

Lenniemi
December 16th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I had a few greys when I was in high school, not a lot, but they were there. They gradually disappeared while I was in college. Home was stressful when I was a teenager and I always figured that was what triggered it. I don't really have any help beyond that for you, but I will be watching this thread closely. I'm your same age and I terrified that I'm going to start going grey (again) before my current shortish cut grows out.

I was a bit frustrated when I left the doctor's office. Just the words: there's nothing to do about it without checking things. I saw a pic of me taken a good yr ago and there was no grey at all.

There are vitamins available like getawaygrey. I dont think they'll work for a 70 yr old silver person but when it contains vitamins and minerals for hair color, it could still be a good shot.

longhairedlady
December 16th, 2013, 04:25 PM
I went through a really stressful time (was even hospitalized), and almost overnight developed a grey streak in the front part of my hair. I still have it but alot of it went back to its natural color. Now its just a few hairs so its almost not even noticable.

Lenniemi
December 16th, 2013, 05:12 PM
I went through a really stressful time (was even hospitalized), and almost overnight developed a grey streak in the front part of my hair. I still have it but alot of it went back to its natural color. Now its just a few hairs so its almost not even noticable.

http://www.vitalabs.com/Private-Label-Supplements/Age-Defying/Turn-Gray-Away.aspx

I've ordered these vitamins, seems to contain the right thing to defy gray. I'll try to exercise more and avoid stress as much as possible and give it a couple of months time.

jeanniet
December 16th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Really work on improving your diet, as that will be the healthiest thing for your body overall. Vitamins may help, but there are many nutrients that you really need to get through diet. Ditch processed foods as much as possible and eat as many fresh fruits and veggies as you can.

Hootenanny
December 16th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Dr. George Michael mentions success with returning hair to a natural color in his book "George Michael's Secrets for Beautiful Hair". Apparently, according to him, premature grey is due to major vitamin deficiencies.

If you have moment, can you mention what the vitamin deficiencies are? :)

Madora
December 16th, 2013, 08:11 PM
The vitamin deficiences (not to mention mineral ones too) are best determined by your physician. For the sake of your health, don't self medicate.

While the passage in the book is too lengthy to quote here, one statement of Dr. Michael's stood out:

"Gray hair is really the result of a vitamin deficiency! The vitamin lacking is para-aminobenzoic acid, otherwise known as PABA, one of the B-group vitamins."

Flor
December 17th, 2013, 12:33 AM
I'm not sure I understand... How can someone's hair turn grey in just a few months? Or even overnight? How is it even physically possible to deplete the existing hair strands from melanin in a short period of time without bleaching?

embee
December 17th, 2013, 05:57 AM
I'm with Flor - how does this work?

I can see if you have a buzz cut that in a couple months would be totally new growth, with all the old cut off - so "your hair is grey" could be accurate. But I can't quite imagine my yard long hair suddenly being grey without years of grey growing in.

Hootenanny
December 17th, 2013, 08:12 AM
While the passage in the book is too lengthy to quote here, one statement of Dr. Michael's stood out:

"Gray hair is really the result of a vitamin deficiency! The vitamin lacking is para-aminobenzoic acid, otherwise known as PABA, one of the B-group vitamins."

Thanks Madora!

lapushka
December 17th, 2013, 09:25 AM
I'm with Flor - how does this work?

I can see if you have a buzz cut that in a couple months would be totally new growth, with all the old cut off - so "your hair is grey" could be accurate. But I can't quite imagine my yard long hair suddenly being grey without years of grey growing in.

Exactly this. We're only talking about the root growth going gray all of a sudden then, right? The rest of the hair can't lose its color just like that. It's physically impossible.

woolyleprechaun
December 17th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I've never understood this either. I have heard a few people say that they suddenly developed grey bit and even knew a woman who went completely white haired over the course of just days....how?!?! I must know how this happens!!!
I'll be watching this thread :)

Unicorn
December 18th, 2013, 05:29 AM
I've heard of the length "going grey", in cases where someone with salt and pepper hair, looses much of the pigmented hair onver a very short period, leaving them looking more grey than previously.

Unicorn

Lenniemi
December 18th, 2013, 04:07 PM
In my case, it's the new growth.