PDA

View Full Version : Omega 3 pills

moniquerenaud
December 15th, 2013, 03:12 PM
I've been taking omega 3 fish oil pills for about 3 weeks now, as recommended by a naturopath. Have any of you had any luck with them and aiding in your hair/nail growth? I want to take biotin but I'm so scared of getting acne

jacqueline101
December 15th, 2013, 03:21 PM
I take flaxseed the vegetarian version and I have noticed hair growth but I take every vitamin to man kind. I do like it and you could take it a while longer to help.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 15th, 2013, 03:22 PM
I did try taking them for several weeks and got a lot of nose bleeds so stopped taking them and the bleeds stopped as well.

moniquerenaud
December 15th, 2013, 04:04 PM
I think I'll keep taking them for now, check again in a month or two.

Libbylou
December 15th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Been taking Omega3,6,9 for years now, way before I started growing my hair. I take them for arthritis, and dry skin. When I run out and don't take them for a week, I really can tell the difference in my skin and bones. As for the hair, I don't know if it has helped it grow or not, as I have taken them for years. Two years to grow from chin length to MBL.

prettyinpink
December 15th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I take a flaxseed pill because it has a few different kinds of fats

kganihanova
December 15th, 2013, 06:04 PM
They help me with shine- but not much with growth...

swearnsue
December 15th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I've been taking fish oil, 1000 mg a day for years and recently added krill oil too. I can't tell if it helps or not but my hair and skin are healthy.

duchess67
December 15th, 2013, 07:11 PM
It's been more than a month since I started taking Omega 3 fish oil pills, don't know whether it's helping my hair grow faster or not. But I do have strong nails and healthy skin.