PDA

View Full Version : The hair is growing

kganihanova
December 15th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I don't know if any of you have ever had this but I have been at BSL forever! But last night when I checked my length, I noticed that I was an inch past BSL. Yahoooo!:D My ultimate goal is TBL. Any tips to ride out the mid back abyss?

KellieMai
December 15th, 2013, 02:18 PM
I felt like I was at waist for aaggges, but a few months ago I realised I was past it and a few inches until hip! I do wear my hair up quite a lot, and try not to think about how long it is too much and that seems to help the time pass. That and enjoying learning new updo's :)

kganihanova
December 15th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I felt like I was at waist for aaggges, but a few months ago I realised I was past it and a few inches until hip! I do wear my hair up quite a lot, and try not to think about how long it is too much and that seems to help the time pass. That and enjoying learning new updo's :)

I think I'm gonna try not to look at my length until the end of January at least....its time to step away from the measuring tape. Maybe it'll make it seem like its growing quickly! Its just so frustrating to take such good care of it and not see noticeable gains anymore :(

Sarahlabyrinth
December 15th, 2013, 02:40 PM
The usual advice, patience and benign neglect :)

Aingeal
December 15th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I feel you! I'm stuck in the midback abyss as well. UGH! I'm just wearing it up and taking good care of it. Hopefully I'll be there soon! I have another six months or so probably before i reach waist curly.

Tini'sNewHair
December 15th, 2013, 03:54 PM
I feel you!!! I really need to start ignoring my length, ive always taken progress pictures nearly every month since 1 1/2 years ago but since i joined this site, especially in the last 6 months or so ive been obsessively checking my length way more than normal and it has to stop. Watching hair grow is verrrry boring because its sooo slow!!!! We must ignore the growing...

Madora
December 15th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Daily massage helps!

Also, try experimenting with new styles. Here's a lovely one that should be doable with your length:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

kganihanova
December 15th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I feel you!!! I really need to start ignoring my length, ive always taken progress pictures nearly every month since 1 1/2 years ago but since i joined this site, especially in the last 6 months or so ive been obsessively checking my length way more than normal and it has to stop. Watching hair grow is verrrry boring because its sooo slow!!!! We must ignore the growing...

I started microtrimming at BSL and that just made it worse. Its necessary but cutting off growth for health isn't always easy...

kganihanova
December 15th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I feel you! I'm stuck in the midback abyss as well. UGH! I'm just wearing it up and taking good care of it. Hopefully I'll be there soon! I have another six months or so probably before i reach waist curly.

The waves have been slowly dying as I get closer to a blunt hem- can't say I'm too disappointed. Growing through the mid back abyss as a curly sounds like it would take a while.

kganihanova
December 15th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Daily massage helps!

Also, try experimenting with new styles. Here's a lovely one that should be doable with your length:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPHEzUr5bWQ

Aw thank you! I wasn't sure what styles worked w/ BSL. I can't do: LWB, nautilus, chinese bun, or an infiniti. I think I'm gonna need to wait til waist for that one. I have been wearing a disc bun fairly often :)

kganihanova
December 15th, 2013, 06:03 PM
The usual advice, patience and benign neglect :)

I can never actually go through with benign neglect...it works for a day or two than its back to obsessing. I'll have to work on that.