PDA

View Full Version : Most painful/embarrassing hair incident?

Longlove
September 7th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Hi. I'm curious if you're all as klutzy and unfortunate as I am?

Please share (if you dare :o) your most painful or embarrassing story about getting your long hair caught.

Mine was last year. I had just gotten out of my car and was holding a heavy box under each arm. I then bumped the car door shut with my arse..... You know how just a nanosecond before you finish doing something really stupid, you start to realize that you're doing something really stupid???

Yep. I shut and locked my hair in the top of the car door. I couldn't squat to set the two heavy boxes of valuables down because my hair was caught so close to the scalp. I had no other choice but to just swing my head around forcefully enough to pull my hair free of the locked door......and plow my left eye into a tree branch!

My eye doctor was mesmerized at my story the next day. I had to keep chewing him out each time he'd start to laugh.

NEXT!

invisiblebabe
September 8th, 2008, 12:19 AM

Please share (if you dare :o) your most painful or embarrassing story about getting your long hair caught.

Mine was last year. I had just gotten out of my car and was holding a heavy box under each arm. I then bumped the car door shut with my arse..... You know how just a nanosecond before you finish doing something really stupid, you start to realize that you're doing something really stupid???

Yep. I shut and locked my hair in the top of the car door. I couldn't squat to set the two heavy boxes of valuables down because my hair was caught so close to the scalp. I had no other choice but to just swing my head around forcefully enough to pull my hair free of the locked door......and plow my left eye into a tree branch!

My eye doctor was mesmerized at my story the next day. I had to keep chewing him out each time he'd start to laugh.

NEXT!

LOL, nice :rolling:

Hmm, when I was in high school, I was a competitive gymnast. I had hip-length hair, and once on a beam routine I was doing a backward somersault, and I had to move my braid out of the way in order to complete the skill :P

I did do a great routine though, and I got 1st place on beam for JV that day! :D I was always very easy to spot in the gym, because not only was I very tall for gymnastics at 5'7" (yah, most female gymnasts are around 5'3" or shorter), I was the one who was always fixing her hair because the looped braid I wore kept coming undone! Yet I refused to sacrifice my hair to the altar of gymnastics. Good thing, too, because I ended up getting injured later on that year and had to quit :P

memphisluvr
September 8th, 2008, 12:24 AM
Mine's kind of gross, but not too much..

One afternoon I had gone to Sonic for one of their chili cheese coneys. This was several years ago, before they went to only footlong. I enjoyed my lunch and all was right in the world.

Until later that night. I can't remember what I was doing, but suddenly I smelled CHILI. Upon investigation, somehow there was chili in the back of my hair!

I have no idea how I managed that, but I certainly did! And boy, was I hot. I had just washed it too!

GoldenRed
September 8th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I was leaning over near my bed, looking under the raised bed. The VORTEX fan, sucked up my hair and proceeded to whip is about, tearing a big, thick collection of strands from my head.

OUCH!

Shanarana
September 8th, 2008, 02:01 AM
I try and be so careful with my hair when it's down. Once while brushing my teeth in the sink my hair fell in while I was spitting toothpaste out (gross). Need I say more?

DragonLady
September 8th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Burned off my own bangs -and singed my forehead- lighting a cigarette. :(

2luvmycurls
September 8th, 2008, 03:15 AM

NEXT!

Haha!!! :laugh:

Mine would be one time at college, a few friends and I decided to be crazy and pretend we were back in the 80's. We dressed up really dorky, and I brushed my hair out big time. I got the strangest looks when we went out of the dorm, and not funny looks, but "what's wrong with that girl?" kind of looks.

Another one was the time I got a curling iron way to close and burned a big mark across my forehead. It seemed to take forever for that to go away.

Arctic_Mama
September 8th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Oooh, I think it was the time I thought it was a good idea to try out my mom's small-barrel brush (her hair is a whole two inches) and nearly had to cut out/rip out the hair to get it undone. I was so embarrassed I worked on it myself for an hour before going to her, and of course I only made it WORSE!

Hurts just thinking about it.

longhairedfairy
September 8th, 2008, 03:39 AM
I remember when I was small I thought that the point of using a round brush was to make curls by wrapping the hair around it. My mom had to untangle it for me.
Once in a while I still get my hair sucked into a fan, but never long enough to do any serious damage.

berr
September 8th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I've caught my hair in fans, vacuums, the car window, the car door, the headboard, sheesh. Too many places to count. I try to keep it braided at all costs now.

My son had a rechargable mini model car when he was small. He decided to drive it on his sisters head. The wheels spun up her hair near the scalp. I had to carefully cut that one out. So glad it wasn't me.

Longlove
September 8th, 2008, 04:20 PM
I've caught my hair in fans, vacuums, the car window, the car door, the headboard, sheesh.

Yeah, I'm the mortal enemy of all vacuums. I kill at least one every year with my hair. I try to blame my white long-haired cat. Alas, it's always my brown hair found snarled around the smoking rubber carnage.

Islandgrrl
September 8th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Several years ago, when my hair was still knee-length, I popped my kiddos in the car and headed out to visit my mom, 60 miles away. Little did I know that I'd slammed my braid in the car door and I drove all the way to mom's house with about a foot of my hair whipping around in the wind as I rode down the freeway for an hour. It was one, greasy, oil covered, tangled disgusting mess (because of course the scrunchie that was holding the braid flew of probably five seconds after I slammed the car door and my braid had unraveled) that took me hours to straighten out and get clean.

Leisha
September 8th, 2008, 06:22 PM
LOL good stories everyone :p

I was out one night, had way too much to drink :oops: .

I remember a girl had cinnamon flavoured chewing gum - something I'd never seen before and I was intrigued. She gave me her last stick of gum and I vaguely remember chewing it for the rest of the night (ew).

The next morning, I woke up and as I sat up in bed, a string of gum stretched, firmly embedded in my pillow on one end and stuck in my hair on the other!! I'd fallen asleep still half-chewing the gum, then spit it out in my sleep and lay on it with my head. :rolleyes:

I was lucky, the gum was near the ends of my hair so I just cut it off - I was in no state to start trying to get the gum out any other way...

(actually, I have another similar incident involving pieces of a lollypop and erm, hair in another place on my body. But I assume we're talking about head hair in this topic :whistle: )

ajr
September 8th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Several years ago, when my hair was still knee-length, I popped my kiddos in the car and headed out to visit my mom, 60 miles away. Little did I know that I'd slammed my braid in the car door and I drove all the way to mom's house with about a foot of my hair whipping around in the wind as I rode down the freeway for an hour. It was one, greasy, oil covered, tangled disgusting mess (because of course the scrunchie that was holding the braid flew of probably five seconds after I slammed the car door and my braid had unraveled) that took me hours to straighten out and get clean.

That must have been an interesting sight for the other drivers :p I'm glad you managed to get it untangled, I might have given up in frustration.

Once when I was late to class I slammed the door shut with my hip and took of in a run. Only I didn't get anywhere because my braid was trapped in the door. My head got yanked backwards to the point where I almost had my feet pulled out from under me. And there were people nearby, it was spectacular.

berr
September 8th, 2008, 08:17 PM
(actually, I have another similar incident involving pieces of a lollypop and erm, hair in another place on my body. But I assume we're talking about head hair in this topic :whistle: )

My girlfriends young son was hiding his pack of gum from his sister. He hit it in the washer. Later she put on some panties not realizing that there was anything sinister lurking in them. When she tried to pull them down to go potty she found herself in a bit of pain. Many items of clothing were ruined on closer inspection.

SweetPea88
September 8th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Wow, this thread is making me shudder! :shudder:

Longlove
September 9th, 2008, 01:48 AM

Leisha, you big tease! :flasher: You must confess, now! Body parts were never restricted!

ChocoholicBec
September 9th, 2008, 07:15 AM
I remember when I was small I thought that the point of using a round brush was to make curls by wrapping the hair around it. My mom had to untangle it for me.

Aaaargh, I did that too! Worse, the round brush was plastic with those little bobbles on the end of the bristles... and I rolled it all the way up to my scalp before I realised "U R DOIN IT RONG" (sorry, couldn't help it!) I almost ended up cutting it out, but then I would have had a centimetre-long "fringe". My mother and father (I was too busy crying to help) took almost two hours to untangle.

Worse, however, was a much more recent stoooooopid moment. Although it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I was in Germany on a choir tour, and on the second-last day, there was a party, with music, food, games, and activities (e.g. face-painting) There was a hair-wrap stall, the sort where cotton wraps all around around a half-centimetre of hair and has a bead at the end? Yeah, I decided to get one.
It looked awesome. The blue next to the red looked pretty good, and it was just really cool.
Unfortunately...
When I got sick of showering with it (you either have to hold it out of the water stream or live with a wet strand of hair and cotton hitting your face for the next day), I decided to unravel it. But after having it for a week, the hair around it had tangled with it rather.
So I unraveled. And unraveled. And the hair got caught-er and caught-er until it was basically half-red, half-blue.
So what do I do?
I tug at the cotton, hoping that it'll magically come undone now that it's half unraveled. And I tug harder, and harder until...

RRRRRRIIIIIPPPPP!!!

I pull out a circular patch of hair about a centimetre in diameter.

Fortunately, I have a fair amount of hair anyway, so it didn't show if I was careful. But then it started to grow out - I had this one spot where all the hair was an inch long and stuck out! >_< It was awkward.

vampodrama
September 9th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Burned off my own bangs -and singed my forehead- lighting a cigarette. :(

I'm in the zippo-bangs club too.

I've actually done it more than once.

the funniest occasion was directly after a Rammstein gig - it was a no-smoking venue so I was really craving a cigarette once we got outside and up in flames went a decent portion of my hair. my friends were horribly amused and decided I should no more be allowed to see bands that use so much fire in their stage shows.:rockerdud

Darkhorse1
September 9th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Offical member of the spazz club. ;)

I think the funniest story was when I was 19, and my brother and I were having a water fight (indoors, with cups of water) and we were wrestling on the sofa, and my hair got caught under him. As I twisted (with full laughter), a good chunk of hair pulled out RIGHT from the roots! He looked mortified, but I just laughed. I mean, it looked horrid, but as I had a lot of hair, you couldn't really tell. It hurt later on (the scalp area), but it was still rather funny.

Then, there is the constant hair getting slammed in the car door scenario. :D

saracuda
September 9th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I was determined to do all of the work on my pink car myself, so I grabbed DH's creeper and rolled under the car to change the oil. I had a ponytail, I think, and put it in my shirt, down my back. As I was working, it must have come out, because when I tried to roll out from under the car, I found my hair wrapped in the creeper's wheels! I yelled for DH, and he dragged me out sideways, so the wheels wouldn't roll me up any further. He thought it was hilarious, but man, that hurt!

Leisha
September 9th, 2008, 04:40 PM
My girlfriends young son was hiding his pack of gum from his sister. He hit it in the washer. Later she put on some panties not realizing that there was anything sinister lurking in them. When she tried to pull them down to go potty she found herself in a bit of pain. Many items of clothing were ruined on closer inspection.
LOL! You just couldn't make that up :rollin:

Leisha, you big tease! :flasher: You must confess, now! Body parts were never restricted!
Well, it happened ages ago, so there's enough distance that I'm over the embarrasement, hehe.
I'm afraid this incident also involved copious amounts of alcohol :oops: and me accidently dropping a lollypop in my underpants while on the toilet - I have no idea how that happened.
I then promply forgot I ever even had a lollypop - until the next morning, that is. :uhh:

Alethia
September 9th, 2008, 04:48 PM
My crime is that I never learn. I often wear a braid to work. I sometimes demonstrate exercises on the Swiss ball to my patients. This is all very well in theory, but when you're lying back over the ball, the braid has a tendency to flop back over the ball. I tend to roll the ball over my braid while I try to get back up off the ball. Difficult when you're anchored by your hair! I look like such a t*t when I do that. :rolleyes:

Quirky&Perky
September 9th, 2008, 04:54 PM
well, first of all, my mom NEVER let me have gum (until I was about 12) and it was because she didn't want it all over my hair. However she did let me have silly putty and when I was about nine I was CRAZY for it. One night I went to sleep scrunching it in my hand- and I woke up with it all over my hair and my favorite pjs! It was like a spiderweb all over my hair- entangled everywhere. My mom did manage to get it out without cutting any of my hair but it too forever and was so messy. I was sooo upset!

racheal1234
September 9th, 2008, 05:29 PM
omg wow that must of hurt

longhairedfairy
September 10th, 2008, 10:50 AM
These are hilarious! And um... wow... how 'bout that lollipop story. We should call you "Leisha-lollipop" or "Leisha-pop" or something (just teasing ;)).

wintersun99
September 10th, 2008, 11:01 AM

florenonite
September 10th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Well, there was the time I got the round brush stuck in my hair, also thinking that it was to be used like curling tongs and had to go to the hairdresser to get it fixed.

I've also spat toothpaste on it and gotten sunscreen on it when endeavouring to apply it to my shoulders.

bjt
September 10th, 2008, 01:08 PM
funny stories!
I've done a lot of stupid things with my hair. The most embarrassing was when I was having... um...a good time... with my boyfriend (now my husband) in a tent on a sleeping bag and after we were done I realized that my head was stuck to a strip of velcro on the sleeping bag. It made a big knotted mess and took a long time to just get my head detached!

I also went out on my motorcycle once a few years ago and didn't braid my hair--I thought I was just going for a short ride, but ended up on the freeway (I was following my husband on his bike, he wasn't thinking about my hair!). I am sure I looked way cool with my hair (its past my waist, almost to my tail bone) flowing out behind me but when I got home I looked like the bride of Frankenstein. seriously. It took a whole bottle of olive oil and about 3 hours to get it all untangled.

And my last story was when I was in college working on a printing press (an old vandercook letterpress for those who like printing) that had motorized ink rollers. I bent over at one point to look at the type I was printing and got my hair close to the rollers--of course my hair was loose then so it got sucked up into the rollers and yanked my head down. Luckily my hair wasn't nearly as long then as it is now, so I was able to yank it all out before it got too wound into the rollers. scared the crap out of myself, and ended up with the lower half of my hair all covered in ink. It was another mess that took a while to clean up.

jeez, I sound like a hair menace now that I think about it! These days my hair is always braided on the bike, I stay away from velcro and my hair is always in a tight bun near any motorized equipment!! :-)

Medvssa
September 10th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I got some of my hair stuck in a power tool at jewelry school (like a mini drill, but as powerful as a big one), it basically got caught at the ends, got rolled around it in a millisecond, then the tool (my hand still attached to it) hit my forehead... OUCH! so stupid! :D
I could have seriously hurt myself in a million different stupid ways, but I only had a few hairs pulled out and a blue in my forehead.

missbexy
September 10th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Off the top of my head I can remember also getting my hair caught in a round brush, stuck to velcro and also caught in the back of a hairdryer on one of the few occassions I had ever used (when I was alot younger). More recently I have managed to get it caught in my boyfriends eyebrow bar and his shirt button when leaning on his chest.
I have grossly gotten toothpaste in it and for the past 3 years or so made sure my hair is tied in a ponytail everytime I brush my teeth.
My bf and I both get pens stuck in our hair (his is shoulderish curls).
I'm sure i've done something much more stupid and funny but I can't remember it right now. Must have blocked it from my memory

sherigayle
September 10th, 2008, 02:00 PM
My DH likes to lock the car windows from the driver's side when he drives to keep the kids from messing with them. He'll roll the windows up when we get on the highway and it never fails that my hair gets sucked out. Then, of course, I can't open the window because he has them locked. I'm glad he takes pity on me quickly. I don't think he realizes how much power he has over me at the time.:p

neenerbabe
September 10th, 2008, 03:07 PM
This thread is giving me gigglefits. Especially the lollipop debacle. :D

My painful incident (and this has happened several times) is when I'm at the movie theater and some lady going down the aisle behind my chair catches my hair in her purse buckle. And my hair is bunned. And I'm being dragged down the aisle with her, with her yanking her purse because she assumes it's just caught on a chair. shudder:I'm going to have to start wearing a kerchief at the movies just to protect myself from purse assault.

Oberon88
September 10th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Um, I think I posted somewhere else here a while ago, but I had my hair in a ponytail at physical therapy and I got my hair caught in the Total Gym and had to enlist the help of several kindly seniors to get me out. They all were very worried.

And today, I got into my truck and it was kind of windy, I slammed the door and didn't realize I had my hair caught in the door until I bent down to reach for something I dropped.
It really hurt but I was able to open the door and free myself.

Tangles
September 10th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Once in a while I still get my hair sucked into a fan, but never long enough to do any serious damage.

Waaait... I've always curled my hair that way :confused:

nessthing
September 10th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Mine happened just this summer. I went to the beach at Lake Erie the day after a giant storm and decided I wanted to play mermaid.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y83/nessthing/medfaire017.jpg

Vicky Veiss
September 10th, 2008, 10:54 PM
I'm not sure how old I was at the time, but my hair must have been around waist length. I was baking something, possibly a cake or cookies, that involved creaming butter and sugar with a hand-held electric mixer. I guess I was in a hurry, because I didn't tie my hair back, and and of course before I knew it, a big lock flopped into the bowl with the butter, sugar and the running mixer.

Ouch.

My head yanked down into the bowl as the beater caught my hair and rolled it up to within a few inches of the scalp! But I was able to shut off the mixer quickly, so I didn't actually get any hair ripped out. I just had to slowly and painfully unwind it from the beater, all coated in sugary butter, while my entire family stood around laughing at my stupidity (after making sure that I wasn't hurt!) I went and shampooed it all out right away. I don't remember if I finished making the recipe, though!

I've been careful around power tools of any kind ever since. In school, we were getting a tour of the wood shop and the teacher chose to pick up the end of my very long braid and point that out as the wrong hairstyle to wear when running any of the machinery! Well, I KNEW that -- we weren't turning on any table saws or drill presses right then, and on days when we did, I was always in a securely pinned crown braid! These days I'd probably tie a scarf over it for good measure, like Rosie the Riveter.

forestwitch
September 21st, 2008, 05:59 PM
These stories are fantastic! lol
When I was about 8 I had knee length hair which I always wore in a french braid. At the time I was taking an acrobatics course and I remember that whenever we had to do bridges I would always step on my hair. It doesn't sound that bad but when you're upside down and and in extreme pain from standing on your hair, it is almost impossible to figure out which foot to lift so that your hair is released.

Zippers are the worst!! Especially when it is someone else's coat. I was bending down to do up my shoes and this boy from my class was standing behind me as he did up his coat. He did up the zipper and caught a whole chunk of my hair in the zipper without realising. He tried to walk away ang I was pulled painfully backwards. Needless to say we were suddenly in uncomfortably close proximity. My hair was caught in the bottom of his zipper, so you can imagine where my head was pulled and the position I had to stay in as, eyes watering, my friends tried for several minutes to untangle me. arg...

Leisha
September 21st, 2008, 06:06 PM
These stories are fantastic! lol
When I was about 8 I had knee length hair which I always wore in a french braid. At the time I was taking an acrobatics course and I remember that whenever we had to do bridges I would always step on my hair. It doesn't sound that bad but when you're upside down and and in extreme pain from standing on your hair, it is almost impossible to figure out which foot to lift so that your hair is released.

Zippers are the worst!! Especially when it is someone else's coat. I was bending down to do up my shoes and this boy from my class was standing behind me as he did up his coat. He did up the zipper and caught a whole chunk of my hair in the zipper without realising. He tried to walk away ang I was pulled painfully backwards. Needless to say we were suddenly in uncomfortably close proximity. My hair was caught in the bottom of his zipper, so you can imagine where my head was pulled and the position I had to stay in as, eyes watering, my friends tried for several minutes to untangle me. arg...
LOL :D

You made me remember something: I used to do gymnastics (looooong time ago) and had a few painful hair-caught-under-own-foot incidents while doing front walkovers (http://www.flashmavi.com/gymnastics_how_to_do_a_front_walkover.shtml). Auch!!

sneakybea
September 21st, 2008, 07:22 PM
Do kitties count? Because I was sitting on the edge of a couch at my friends' house once, with their kitten curled up behind me. I knew she was there, so there was no danger of my squishing her, but what I didn't know was that she had her claws in my BS length hair, and when I tried to get up I heard this loud "meow!"as she was pulled off the couch by my hair. I quickly sat back down and she detached herself, but ouch!
I've also gotten a hot roller caught in my hair, and like a lot of other people a round brush. Neither one required cutting, but I think that's around the time I gave up on heat styling my hair. Can't imagine the damage a curling brush or iron would have done!

Oskimosa
September 21st, 2008, 11:51 PM
I got gum in my hair once when I was a kid, and my mom was on the phone and told me "Awww, we're going to have to cut it!" Well, I wanted to do it myself since it was going to have to be done anyhow. So I got the scissors and *snip*. Well when I showed my mom she freaked out and told me she was just joking. D'oh.

It happened again a couple years later and she said we could use peanut butter (didn't work) or ice water (didn't work either) to get it out. After working out as many strands as possible, some just broke off. I was a kid and didn't care much, though.

NeilTheFuzz
September 23rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
I've had plenty of those, but I do not intend to humiliate myself completely so I'm just gonna tell you the funniest one :p

It was in the morning, I was waking up, usual drousy not-wanting-to-get-up old me. Instead of sitting up, I flipped over onto my front and pushed myself up quickly. Unfortunatley I failed to notice a big strand of my hair that was trapped under my hand. Obviously I really badly pulled my hair and for some reason I tried to hold my head where it hurt and by doing so lost my support for the rest of my body, which in turn meant that my head fell and clunked off my beds head board. Which gave me a nice bruise :)

Neil

Paliele
September 23rd, 2008, 08:08 PM
When I was a kid I had tailbone-length hair. One day I had it down in a single braid, which was not a regular occurrence (it was usually up in something, courtesy of my mother. I could have cared less.) After going to the bathroom, I jumped off the toilet the end of my braid fell into the bowl. :rolleyes:

LilyMunster
September 24th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Most painful was when a horse grabbed a huge chunk of my hair and ripped it out of my scalp.
Most embarrassing.........? Can't think of anything.

Periwinkle
September 24th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I don't have any particularly amusing stories about myself, but here's something that happened to my friend a few weeks ago:

She straightens her hair, which is just above APL. She has shaping round the face, but it's almost all long enough to tie back. Anyway, she was straightening it with her iron, which is an old one that she's been using for a long time. Obviously, one of the plates had begun to detatch itself, but she hadn't noticed. On she goes, straightening, until her hair gets stuck behind the plate. She yanks on it but can't get it free until it's burnt right through her hair. By the time she's finished batting out the flames on the bit still attached to her head, the rest of the hair in the iron is burnt to a crisp and there's a lovely hole in the carpet.

The section she burnt off was at the front, a good few inches wide. She lost about four inches in the end and now has a very strange-looking fringe!

Tapioca
September 24th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I usually let Cricket eat fruit snacks while I do her hair in the morning. It keeps her still. Well, this morning, a strand of her hair found its way into her mouth and got chewed up with neon blue fruit snack. (My Little Pony, if anyone's interested.) She didn't even notice. ::sigh::

jtl45
September 24th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I made the painful mistake of letting my girlfriend roll my hair up in a ton of rods a few months back and trying to get them out the next morning was a painful nightmare!!!!
Never again!

Oskimosa
September 24th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I don't have any particularly amusing stories about myself, but here's something that happened to my friend a few weeks ago:

She straightens her hair, which is just above APL. She has shaping round the face, but it's almost all long enough to tie back. Anyway, she was straightening it with her iron, which is an old one that she's been using for a long time. Obviously, one of the plates had begun to detatch itself, but she hadn't noticed. On she goes, straightening, until her hair gets stuck behind the plate. She yanks on it but can't get it free until it's burnt right through her hair. By the time she's finished batting out the flames on the bit still attached to her head, the rest of the hair in the iron is burnt to a crisp and there's a lovely hole in the carpet.

The section she burnt off was at the front, a good few inches wide. She lost about four inches in the end and now has a very strange-looking fringe!

YYYYyyikes!!! :couch: That sounds awful. I used to straighten alot and dropped the iron once, and instinct told me to grab it. Of course I ended up with awful burns on the inside of my hand; but I kept aloe vera gel on it the whole day and got rid of all blisters.

Country Cowcurl
September 25th, 2008, 12:35 AM
i just had one today!! i got a dog toy stuck in my hair......hahaha.

daisy was playing around the house & i was laying on my bed reading. she jumped on the bed with a rubber yellow squeaky ball that has little spikes on it. she was looking for attention, so she was squeaking it right in my ear. i ignored her til she caught a mouthful of my hair.....i pulled away from her, then several minutes later she chomped on my hair & started pulling it!! it was then i realized that my hair had wound round & round the toy......a couple of phone calls & 15 minutes later i got it out :P

only me & daisy......hahaha.

karenpetal
September 25th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Ohh wow these are some hair raising stories -- I have had many such goofy times - the most ouch one was when my roommate was trying her straightening iron and she slipped it from my hair to back where I got a nasty burn and the most embarassing one was the one where I was trying to use a round brush to curl my hair ends and had to drive to my friends with comb still stuck in my hair

Honigwein
September 25th, 2008, 08:52 AM
All my life my hair was considered ugly being curled and dark brown, almost black. The ideal of beauty in my country(in general) was and is the very light blond and straight hair. I was teenager and wanted to be beautiful and so on... my hair was very long and I used lots of chemicals on it. It started to melt...you could pull it and it was elastic and melting!! I went to a saloon. Ok... the woman used a brown henna over it and the good news came: I cutted it almost ALL off!! It was a very depressing period of my life. It got ridiculmuchous, orange and the hair starting to grow dark brown. Since I have much volume my hair looked like an opened umbrella short. Blarg. I became the funny person of the class for some time.. Aff! What a shame!! KKKK

takhisis
September 25th, 2008, 10:41 PM
My boyfriend and I were sitting on the couch, and I was resting my head in his lap. He's a bit overweight and my hair got caught in the fold between his belly and his legs. He tried to get up, and you'd think my hair would become unstuck, but instead I'm being pulled along with him. The whole time our house mate is looking at us like we're crazy.