PDA

View Full Version : I kick my cat's butt at shedding...anyone else?

WoolSweater
December 13th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I've been shedding A LOT recently. This kind of thing would have freaked me out, except my hair feels as thick as it has ever felt. It also doesn't shed when I run my fingers through or anything, but mostly all over the back of my clothes... and my bathroom floor. Oh my gosh, it is the worst. After I've dried myself off after a shower, I look down at the floor and there are hairs everywhere. But there is seriously hair everywhere in the house/car/on my clothes, yet my hair isn't physically showing that I'm "losing hair", just the opposite.

Anyone else shed like mad? Is this pretty normal (we're out of the normal shedding months of the year...), or should I be concerned? After a week has passed, I seem to have collected enough hair to knit a pair of socks. (Not that I'd do that....ew..)

snakes&stuff
December 13th, 2013, 07:44 PM
I shed quite a bit, especially in the shower. I think it's just more noticeable for us because each strand is so long. It used to really concern me, but I have had no thinning issues. In fact, my hair is getting thicker. My boyfriend gets mad because he's found my shed hair in strange places... Like fish tank filters.

patienceneeded
December 13th, 2013, 08:15 PM
I shed constantly and never seem to lose any thickness. I have always been a heavy shedder. However, the German Shepherd in my home still wins the daily shedding contest hands-down.

BlazingHeart
December 13th, 2013, 10:35 PM
The dog and I make an impressive mess together. He sheds more volume, but it's my long hairs that bind it all into huge rafts of black-and-brown hair. We sweep at least weekly, but it always seems to be collecting in corners and behind things. The worst is under the bed, it looks like a living thing hiding under there.

MeganE
December 13th, 2013, 10:55 PM
I want hair socks!!! (And I haven't gone through an epic shed yet, but I'm sure it's on its way...)

Wildcat Diva
December 14th, 2013, 12:07 AM
Nope, my Siberian Husky wins hands down. Poor thing sheds pillows of hair in South Texas heat (although in our "winter" she's starting to retain her coat now... For NOW). So we let her in to cool off... and, how do you think my clothes look all covered in fur? We need to buy stock in the lint roller company.

MandyBeth
December 14th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Here, animals win. But, yeah, I shed enough that the hair catcher in the shower holds a gerbil it looks like.

WoolSweater
December 14th, 2013, 05:42 AM
I shed quite a bit, especially in the shower. I think it's just more noticeable for us because each strand is so long. It used to really concern me, but I have had no thinning issues. In fact, my hair is getting thicker. My boyfriend gets mad because he's found my shed hair in strange places... Like fish tank filters.

Hahaha I feel you on the strange places bit... I've found my hair in the refrigerator, around my watch, and just recently, in a pot with the lid on...??

Glad I'm not the only shedder/owner of a shedder, haha. My cat is black, gray and white so no matter what color clothing I'm wearing, his fur still shows all over me. He seems to be proud of the cat outline he leaves where he sleeps. ; P