PDA

View Full Version : The moment someone says your hair look thin and ratty, behind your back :(

kittymallow
December 13th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Today at work, one of my collegues told me that a costumer of her was talking about long hair on adulut women, and in this conversation the costumer told my college that the worst thing she would see was " women with long, thin and ratty hair like that girl over there!" and that girl over there was me. I just needed to get this of my chest, because i am really hurt and sad because of this. And I am almost in shock to know that this costumer actually said this while I was less than 3 meters away from her. I am glad that i did not hear it at that moment because I do not know how i would have reacted, but it makes me so incredibly sad and i feel like i have horrible hair now. I am maybe overreacting, but I was thinking that the place to talk about this, where i can get understanding is here with you guys :<3

Have anybody else here been in some kind of similar situation?
and if so, how did you manage to not feel sad about it afterwards?

And btw, i did wear my hair like i usally do at work, just like my profile picture.

Liz_park
December 13th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Today at work, one of my collegues told me that a costumer of her was talking about long hair on adulut women, and in this conversation the costumer told my college that the worst thing she would see was "women with long, thin and ratty hair like that girl over there!" and that girl over there was me.

No, the "worst thing to see" is a woman with no class or manners. That's too bad, I'm sorry that customer was so incredibly rude. Even if your hair was in poor condition (and it's NOT, your hair is gorgeous), a kind person would never make a comment like that.

In my humble opinion, your hair looks just beautiful. It's actually exactly what I'm aiming for myself. In fact, it's so lovely that I wonder if she was jealous? Or maybe there is a woman in her life that she strongly dislikes who also has long gorgeous hair, and so her resentment is displaced on you?

As for dealing with the hurtful comment, I would just try to forget it if someone said something like that to me. Anyone who says a hurtful thing like that about a perfect stranger who has never done them wrong is probably pretty unhappy. Happy people with fulfilling lives just don't say stuff like that. I don't think it was really about you.

Do a beautiful hair swish and shake it off. You hair is stunning. Don't forget that.

AmyBeth
December 13th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I wish I had long ratty hair just like yours. Maybe even longer:). Don't let the haters rain on your parade.

sumidha
December 13th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Wow, that's epically rude.

A few stronger phrases came to mind first, but they're not appropriate for this forum. But seriously, how do people think it's okay to offer their unsolicited opinions about other people's appearances? I just don't get it.

From what I can tell, your hair is very pretty, some people are just really really unpleasant. <3

Almendra
December 13th, 2013, 02:10 PM
That's a very mean woman. You have a very beautiful hair. In my country is very common seeing women with long hair, mostly the younger ones. I know that in some places is not a very usual thing, so I'm not impressed, but, people will always be very disrespectful. Ignore them is the best way to go. If your hair makes you happy, that's the only that matters :)

sarahthegemini
December 13th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Firstly, that woman is an absolute cow bag. Secondly, if she tgought your hair was "thin and ratty", i'd hate to imagine what her opinion of mine would be.

Hootenanny
December 13th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Keep in mind that nowadays so many people wear weaves and other fake hairpieces that many people don't know what natural hair even looks like. The idiot who made that comment probably bases most of her beauty standards on computer generated movie characters and photoshopped celebrities: fake, fake, and more fake.

(And, I have to add, it's somewhat obnoxious that your colleague told you about the comment.)

Your hair looks gorgeous and, from what I can see in your profile pic, it actually looks on the thicker side. You've got a great hemline too. And I, personally, would die to have that color. Ignore the haters and keep up the good work!

jacqueline101
December 13th, 2013, 02:27 PM
I'd flipped my hair at her and walked on. I'd gave her a cat walk strut. I'd forget it she's not a lady or decent human. I hate those kind of people.

breezefaerie
December 13th, 2013, 02:33 PM
I do agree that it was awfully rude of the customer, but what about your coworker?

COMPLETELY mean spirited to pass that remark on to you. Sorry that you are around awful people. :(
And your hair is lovely!

kittymallow
December 13th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Oh i love you guys <3 just reading your comments means alot to me! i almost have tears in my eyes now <3 thank you so much!

Almendra
December 13th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Oh i love you guys <3 just reading your comments means alot to me! i almost have tears in my eyes now <3 thank you so much!

:grouphug:

martyna_22
December 13th, 2013, 02:40 PM
What I would do to have your hair.. if I saw it randomly in a crowd, it'd definitely draw my attention, it's really pretty! Don't listen to rude remarks, if I had, I'd be at shoulder length with my hair colored 5 times colored in a row over a short period of time.
Once again, your hair is awesome. All those LHC members above just can't be wrong!

kittymallow
December 13th, 2013, 02:42 PM
I am btw working as a hairdresser. my co-worker did not mean anything hurtful. she was rather upset about the whole situation, so she just wanted to tell me becuase she could not understand how it could happen. the lady also told my co-worker that her hair was to long and was not pretty on adult women either, and she has about shoulder lenght hair. the whole situation must have been very unpeasant for my co-worker too. :/

CousinItt
December 13th, 2013, 02:52 PM
It's always hard to hear a negative opinion about yourself - I don't know how many times I've been told so-and-so thinks i'm fat/ugly/annoying. But it's just that, someone's opinion.

Oh well, so you're not their cup of tea, and while it's nice to be complimented, your entire day doesn't revolve around someone liking something about you either, does it? What matters is what you think about your hair - do you like it?

If you want one more opinion though, your hair looks like a smooth cascade, an effect i wish I could accomplish with my hair, but the wurls won't let that happen. Oh well. You carry on with your waterfall of hair, and I'll happily play with my white-water rapids hair ;)

makeminea99
December 13th, 2013, 02:55 PM
I am btw working as a hairdresser. my co-worker did not mean anything hurtful. she was rather upset about the whole situation, so she just wanted to tell me becuase she could not understand how it could happen. the lady also told my co-worker that her hair was to long and was not pretty on adult women either, and she has about shoulder lenght hair. the whole situation must have been very unpeasant for my co-worker too. :/

Crikey, how awkward! That's the sort of customer I wouldn't want to see ever again. What a sad person. Have pity on them - and enjoy your hair, I agree with the others on here, it's gorgeous! :)

breezefaerie
December 13th, 2013, 02:56 PM

Oh, I understand. I thought your coworker was being mean as well.
Sounds like that lady was just a nut.

Madora
December 13th, 2013, 02:59 PM
That woman needs an eye examination..immediately!

Your hair looks picture perfect, kittymallow! Some people have no sense of beauty...or intelligence!

Sillage
December 13th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Don't worry about it, Kittymallow. There will always be people who have nothing better to do than to criticize others. Absurdly judgmental people are all over the place-- I'm sorry you ran into one today. So please don't let a lone heffalump define your hair. She has zero authority to do that. Your hair is beautiful. Enjoy it and be proud :)

jessj48
December 13th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Some people have a weird idea that long hair is only for children. That's their opinion and everyone has different ideas of what is attractive. It sounds like she would have thought your hair is horrible no matter how amazingly thick and gorgeous it looked. She obviously has very different taste from you so you shouldn't worry about her opinion because it isn't relevant to you.

Meanwhile, wow that's nasty! She must be seriously inconsiderate to say something like that!

saskia_madding
December 13th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Hos ridiculously inconsiderate! Even if your hair wasn't gorgeous (which it clearly is!), that's still a useless comment. It's her own opinion, not fact, and should not have a value judgement attached. I think it comes from the fact that women's bodies are seen as public property - anyone is allowed to comment on their hair, bodies, breasts, clothes, whatever. It's appalling. People are allowed to have their opinions, but they also need to learn that their opinions actually ARE NOT important to wider life, and no one has to care about their opinions.

And therefore, they should keep their mouths shut, thank you very much! Honestly, what's the point of a comment like that? It doesn't change anything, and just makes people feel bad. What good does that do for the world???

DweamGoiL
December 13th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I, too, think your hair is very pretty, but outside of the aesthetic factor, you have a right to do with your grown self whatever you please. She was not only rude, but very disrespectful. Remember this; schoolyard bullies never really grow out of it ;)

spidermom
December 13th, 2013, 03:26 PM
I think it was in poor taste for your coworker to tell you about the rude comment. Other people's negative opinions about me are none of my business, so I hope to high heaven that no one ever feels obligated to tell me.

TrapperCreekD
December 13th, 2013, 03:31 PM
:rolleyes: Wow, that was totally uncalled for and mean. So sorry that happened! First of all, it's your hair, you can wear it however you want. And second, your hair is beautiful!

snakes&stuff
December 13th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Oh, I wish my hair could be as "terrible" as yours! Your hair is of the most gorgeous I've ever seen. I've had plenty of people say mean things to me about my hair, to my face too. The latest insult to my mane was a few days ago when a girl in one of my classes told me I was "curling my hair wrong." I haven't used heat styling in over a year. I told her that my hair naturally falls this way, and if she doesn't like it to look somewhere else. What other people think of me is none of my business. Your hair is YOURS and you shouldn't allow others to make you feel less than absolutely stunning. Because you are stunning. She's probably just jealous, or an all around nasty person. Probably both.

koolkittychick
December 13th, 2013, 04:07 PM
*looks at your avatar, blinking* The only thing I can come up with is that this woman is extremely mean, bitter and jealous, for you have very pretty hair. Let the haters hate, because their dull nastiness can never take away your shine -- from you or your hair.:)

Fairlight63
December 13th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Wow-that lady is incredibly mean! It is just her opinion-opinions are like belly buttons, everyone has one. I wonder what her hair looks like - I bet that yours looks a LOT better - sounds to me like she is jealous & wishes that she had long hair.

Also I think that it was not very nice of your "friend" to tell you what she said - she was NOT thinking of your feelings at all & how it would make you feel!

Also your hair is absolutely beautiful! I wish that my hair looked as good!

stachelbeere
December 13th, 2013, 04:18 PM
If you want one more opinion though, your hair looks like a smooth cascade, an effect i wish I could accomplish with my hair, but the wurls won't let that happen. Oh well. You carry on with your waterfall of hair, and I'll happily play with my white-water rapids hair ;)

I love the comparison! <3

what a stupid cow by the way. your hair is so beautiful :)

dreamingstar
December 13th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Your hair is marvelous, and I would suspect that mean-spirited woman did not have half as nice as hair as you do! Some people project their displeasure with their own appearance onto others - it's not fair, but it happens. You look great. Do not let someone else tell you otherwise!

chen bao jun
December 13th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Let me see. Waist length. Blonde. Silky smooth. Beautiful hemline. Just thick enough.
What did the woman have to say again?
Lalalala, I can't hear.....
and your co-worker may have meant well, but you can tell her nicely that it's difficult for you to hear negative remarks, and please not to repeat them in the future. Let the nasty person face you herself, if she wants to (I suspect she won't. People like this are cowards at heart).

melesine
December 13th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Your hair is beautiful, and I'm not one to give false compliments. From the other comments you posted that she made she sounds like one of those people that doesn't like long hair on anyone but children. That's her problem. You can guess what I think she can kiss. She can do what she wants with her own hair as can the rest of us. Her opinion matters to no one.

Arciela
December 13th, 2013, 05:15 PM
kittymallow, your hair is beautiful! That woman just sounds jealous >.<

swearnsue
December 13th, 2013, 05:17 PM
That customer and maybe also your coworker are jealous of your beautiful hair.

Enjoy your beautiful hair, who cares what that silly customer thinks.

Pamala513
December 13th, 2013, 05:20 PM
That is just selfish and uncaring! You have absolutely beautiful hair . Don't give this woman the power to dull your sparkle today or any other day,

Aliped
December 13th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I do agree that it was awfully rude of the customer, but what about your coworker?

COMPLETELY mean spirited to pass that remark on to you. Sorry that you are around awful people. :(
And your hair is lovely!

Agreed! I would not have passed that comment on.

LauraLongLocks
December 13th, 2013, 07:09 PM
the lady also told my co-worker that her hair was to long and was not pretty on adult women either, and she has about shoulder lenght hair.

Having no manners is not pretty on adult women, either. In fact, I'd say it's much uglier than thin, ratty hair on a woman, which yours, by the way, is NOT thin and ratty. It's absolutely sleek and beautiful. So sorry that this happened to you. For what it's worth, your hair is superb! I love it!

lunalocks
December 13th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Your hair is beautiful!!!

I have an aunt (by marriage, thank goodness) who criticizes everyone's hair, dress, clothing choices, life choices, how early another niece had her first baby (10 months after marriage, too soon for her, I guess), how over 25 is too old for long hair etc. etc. nothing nice EVER comes out of her mouth. (Could it be she was the customer?) I see this person about every 10 years and the last time I saw her I was certain I would get a "long, stringy" comment. But I curled my hair, into billows of bounteous curls. She kept looking and looking at me. There was nothing bad she could say. Finally she had to say something, like what is going on with your hair? I replied that what is the use of having long hair if you can't have fun with it. She was speechless.

There are small brained, insensitive persons who live in a box with very few things that bring them comfort. She is one, and so was that customer. People who criticize do not feel good about themselves.

jasper
December 13th, 2013, 08:04 PM

And your hair is lovely!
My thoughts exactly! What is with your coworker? I am not cutting her any slack for being included in the customer's rude remarks. She didn't need to spread the joy, so to speak.

Anyway, I am sorry you heard that comment and as invalid as the comment is, it would be hard not to feel sad about it. I don't think we can stop feeling things, but maybe we can decide how important particular feelings are, and which ones we want to focus on.

Tini'sNewHair
December 13th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Some people are SAD, BITCHY, NEGATIVE MORRONS !!! They need a kick in the butt!!
Your hair is what everyone is aiming for, its beautiful!!!! I hope you feel better now, just look at how many people you got here who admires your hair :)

FoxxyTallGrrl
December 13th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous. Two words for the woman that made that rude comment: Catty and Jealous! I cannot wait until my hair reaches your length. It is really beautiful.

Fairlight63
December 13th, 2013, 09:42 PM
"I am btw working as a hairdresser. my co-worker did not mean anything hurtful. she was rather upset about the whole situation, so she just wanted to tell me becuase she could not understand how it could happen. the lady also told my co-worker that her hair was to long and was not pretty on adult women either, and she has about shoulder lenght hair. the whole situation must have been very unpeasant for my co-worker too. "

I think that that "mean" lady is not very smart talking about other hairdressers hair & not liking it & all. What if she was to get that same hairdresser working on her hair as she had talked bad about? she could wind up with a hair cut or hairdo that was not so great - if you know what I mean. I would think that you would want to stay on the good side of a hairdresser & not make them mad at you!

~*~Aspen~*~
December 13th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Awesome support in this thread!

Yea that women had no right to make such a statement despite her "assumptive knowledge"...

0xalis
December 13th, 2013, 10:59 PM
I've recently realized that the real definition of a**hole is someone who cares far too much about what other people do with their lives! Some people feel the need to micro-manage EVERYONE and think that the whole world should just bow to them! That woman was a real a**hole!!

If anyone ever says anything like that to your face, just tell them "I'm not here to decorate your world" and walk away.

Sorry you had to go through that. :grouphug:

Tail Feathers
December 13th, 2013, 11:09 PM
awww... poor, pitiful wretch. it is fairly evident that she is suffering from
a near terminal case of ENVY. that acidic type of pathological envy that consumes one's
stomach lining and provokes the vomitting of comments like the one you were privy to.
the sort of envy that has Stupidity as its primary symptom. poor, miserable wretch.
grow your absolutely beautiful hair as long as you can to put her out of her Misery.

ErinLeigh
December 14th, 2013, 12:05 AM

Was she an older woman? I've noticed they seem to very a lot more free with their opinions on other women with long hair.
I always assumed it stemmed from their upbringing or "hair off face" and "keep it short and neat"
I hope I am not upsetting with stereotyping. It's just something I have heard often in comments

I get torn. Sometimes I think people see pretty long hair and it bothers them i.e envious. Other ones I truly think they are of the mindset that long hair is "Ick" and they are turned off by it.
It is an opinion that should be kept to ones self regardless.
I think that woman was out of line and I would have been hurt by those comments as well
Hair is very personal and not something that should be dissed just because it's not your taste.
I really wonder sometimes where common courtesy has gone. I am really sorry you had to experience this.

ErinLeigh
December 14th, 2013, 12:12 AM
This reminds me of one my my fav quotes
Great minds discuss ideas. Small minds discuss people.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 14th, 2013, 04:01 AM
How rude of her! I had a woman remark in a very loud stage whisper obviously intended for me "For God's sake cut your hair!!!"

Which I pretended not to hear and ignored. Yes it is very hurtful when people make such comments, I ignore them and remind myself that I am growing MY hair the way I want it. And they can have theirs the way THEY want it.

Your hair looks amazing. Listen to people who appreciate hair!

joflakes
December 14th, 2013, 04:35 AM
That's horrible! I cany believe your colleague even told you, either. Meanie. Fwiw, your hair looks lush. Haters gonna hate! She was probably jealous ;)

Applegirl84
December 14th, 2013, 07:35 AM
I'd be upset too. As if us fineys aren't self conscious of our ends enough! I think your hair is lovely btw

Bambi
December 14th, 2013, 08:08 AM
That some people even got the nerve to say such a thing! Mind your own business thank you very much...Thranduil out! Your hair is lovely btw:).

embee
December 14th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Hm. There is absolutely no accounting for personal taste. I think your hair is pretty.

Now if the lady would like to see ratty thin long hair, she should come to my house when I have my hair down and am combing it. That is ratty thin long hair with major fairytale ends (so nice for the updo, you know).

... just think, there are some folks who don't like chocoate or cheese too... poor things. ;)

kittymallow
December 15th, 2013, 08:54 AM
You People are just so incredible nice and supportive to me. You have helped me to get over the comment, but i cant stop thinking about how i will feel if she one day suddenly comes to me to do her hair. And for the people wondering, yes she was a woman in her late fifties with short black dyed spikey hair. I will keep growing my hair super duper long, even if some people think my hair is to thin to be long :-)

AmyBeth
December 15th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I think I can see in my mind's eye the hairstyle you describe her as wearing. To be honest, when I see a style like that, I always think "Why would anyone DO THAT to their hair- it's ugly!" That's what I think, I can't help it. But I wouldn't take the trouble of announcing to the woman's co-worker that I think she looks the worst. No point in hurting her feelings, right?:doh:

YamaMaya
December 15th, 2013, 10:21 AM
I don't know what it is, but putting yourself in a service position just brings out the worst in people. It's like people leave their brains at home when they go shopping or out to eat, it's terrible. It really annoys me working at a call centre, because that is the absolute worst of the worst abuse you will ever recieve. People think they can say whatever they want and talk down to you just because you can't see them.

Andeee
December 15th, 2013, 10:31 AM
People think they can say whatever they want and talk down to you just because you can't see them.
And even when you *can* see them!

LauraLongLocks
December 15th, 2013, 10:42 AM
You People are just so incredible nice and supportive to me. You have helped me to get over the comment, but i cant stop thinking about how i will feel if she one day suddenly comes to me to do her hair. And for the people wondering, yes she was a woman in her late fifties with short black dyed spikey hair. I will keep growing my hair super duper long, even if some people think my hair is to thin to be long :-)

If she comes for you to do her hair, you might just trade with one of your coworkers for the next customer, if that's possible. Or if you are snarky like me, you could say something under your breath about putting your 'thin and ratty' hair up and away before doing her hair, while you put it up in a quick bun before you touch her hair. That would let her know you know what she said about you. Maybe she would be embarrassed?

Short black dyed spikey hair... she probably doesn't even know what she doesn't know about hair. Sometimes, when you work with the general public, it seems you are on display for others to critique, like you aren't even a human being. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

dulce
December 15th, 2013, 01:11 PM
An older woman with dyed short spiky hair?I think I've met her and quite a few like her.I am 61 with silver butt length hair which I wear loose a lot[horrors!!] and everytime I get a nasty comment it's from someone older'' of that sort of look'' ,coincidence?Only short dyed salon styled product filled hair is ok with these type of ''ladies''.Pay her no mind,your hair is lovely and she is rude and small minded and did I mention mean spirited.Keep growing!!

Libbylou
December 15th, 2013, 02:00 PM
This woman's comment reminds me of my mother and her sister. Just say what ever comes to their mind. People have different taste in fashion just like food. I find it horrifying that this lady said such a thing. Why? Probably made her feel better belittling someone else.
I think your hair is beautiful.
So you have about 60 expert long hairs on your side so far. Spiky died black haired lady 1, herself (maybe)
I am in the same age group as that old bitty, I would never, ever say any thing so hateful. Real gem she is.

cranberrymoonz
December 15th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Customers can be very rude, I know! Some people just have a sh*tty day and feel like they have to make everybodies life miserable. Don't let it get to you! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous.

chen bao jun
December 15th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I think the lady was very rude but I don't think its a function of her (our) age.
I actually think older women in general are usually a lot less catty than say, junior high school age girls. It's always a function of how insecure you are, though, at any age. You have to be feeling pretty bad to go to so much trouble to make other people feel bad. Sad.

sharonluvscats
December 15th, 2013, 06:25 PM
OP, Your hair is gorgeous. I wouldn't even be commenting if I thought this lady had a point at all. What kind of hair did she have? I'm thinking she is just jealous!

longhairedlady
December 16th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Your hair is beautiful, and that person was obviously jealous. I understand feeling hurt though. I overheard a young girl talking about my hair and said something very similar along the lines of it being too long and stringy. I just turned around and stared at her and her ugly boyfriend and flipped my hair and turned back around like they were idiots.

0xalis
December 17th, 2013, 12:04 AM
@longhairedlady: How could someone even think that about your hair? It's so thick and healthy looking!! I mean, I can understand someone thinking "oh wow that's way too long" but STRINGY???? How stupid can they be? People really need to mind their own business and keep their rude comments to themselves! :steam

Flor
December 17th, 2013, 12:51 AM
She does sound insecure and envious. She was probably pursued by society and maybe some hairdressers in the past to keep her hair short. Maybe someone cut her hair in the past saying it was looking thin and ratty (I sure got a number of those comments from scissor-happy hairdressers or even family members before). Seeing how she was commenting on both your coworker and your hair being too long, it sounds to me that she was trying to apply the same rule to you, that's been applied to her before. Not saying it's right, there's a lot of wrong in how our society perceives long hair in general, but just trying to come up with some explanation for her words.

chen bao jun
December 17th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Flor, maybe she's just a nasty person in a bad mood. the kind of person who, if your hair is long, says it looks awful and if your hair is short, still says it looks awful. No pleasing them, so you might as well do what you want.
She also could just have been raised to be critical. I was. My family's major entertainment was to go somewhere and afterwards say how deficient everyone else looked. It has taken me years to stop doing this--and when I am around them, they get mad at me for not joining in and start criticising how I don't criticise. They are actually good and kind people who would help in a moment if you were in trouble, but they come from a small country where there was no tv, no movies or other entertainment, entertainment was gossiping and critising. All from idleness.

Agnes Hannah
December 17th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Short black spikey hair EEUUKKK!!!
Beautiful golden blonde long silken hair BEAUTIFUL
its official.
Manners don't cost anything, some people never get it.

lapushka
December 17th, 2013, 09:35 AM
If it makes you feel better, your hair is far from being thin; ii is not thin! And your hair doesn't look it either. So forget the stupid comment that woman made. It's not worth your time worrying about it. Let it glide off your back.

chen bao jun
December 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM
I dunno. some people look cute with short black spikey hair. Nobody should be ragging on anybody for their choice of hairstyle. it's the woman's mouth that's a problem, not her hair.

Sillage
December 17th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Amen, Chen!

truepeacenik
December 17th, 2013, 02:39 PM

So she's just a hater.

It's an opinion. Opinions are like armpits and b***holes. We all have them, they tend to stink.
Hers are especially fragrant.

And better ratty than bratty.

HintOfMint
December 17th, 2013, 02:48 PM
It really surprises me how rude people can be. Your hair is absolutely lovely, but if it wasn't, it still wouldn't give that woman the right to say something so mean and unnecessary.

gnome82
December 17th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I am sorry you were hurt. She sounds like a nasty pastie, I would think that her opinion is not worth much at all.

Maktub
December 18th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Your hair looks absolutely beautiful, like everyone else said.

I agree with many comments above. one thing that came to mind (and I guess we'll never know the answer and it probably has nothing to do with it) : is it possible that she had an interest in both of you loosing some business ?

I don't know about your colleague's hair, but I find your hair says "I really know how to take care of hair!" and may be very good advertising for a hairdresser. If you would cut your hair, maybe it would stand out less (be more banal) and impact business ? Even indirectly (ex. knowing someone who has interest in it...)

Of course, lots of people like more artificial looking hair (which is perfectly okay), or think long healthy natural hair is out of reach for them (and they envy it), or are really negative disrespectful people or lack social-kowledge of how to act with others public (mental-health related issues or not), etc.

Whatever the case, I'm sorry you had to hear this. Don't give it any meaning or power over your self-worth though.

bunnylake
December 18th, 2013, 08:31 AM
I happen to think that long thin hair is beautiful! It's like elven or fairy hair. Your hair in your profile pic is amazing.
This customer sounds like maybe there is something wrong with her... like she has issues socializing or she's very miserable and wants to spread the misery around. I've encountered people like that many times before, and it's best to just ignore them. I read this great quote recently that said "someone can only drive you crazy if you give them the keys."
:)

sally_neuf
December 18th, 2013, 09:13 AM
AHHHH!!! Kittymallow I see you're in Norway. I'm in Austria and I guess it is NOT common there (or here) to have long natural hair! (pixies, assymetrics or APL long is what's fashion)
And for what I see, your hair is like mine but in gold, and it is very pretty and shiny! And it is certainly NOT ratty!! (but I can see how static electricity might play some evil tricks on us ;D ) anyway, those people who can't KNIT (say things that are Kind Nice Interesting T... I forgot what the T is for!) they don't deserve a second look. I mean, where do they learn their manners? (unless it was just something her mother used to tell her all the time :( ? ) So you see, the only thing that is left is to feel sorry for not having a heart! don't pay attention at the poison coming from her mouth... (or anyone's for that matter) :blossom: