PDA

View Full Version : How often do you trim your bangs?

teenerz
December 13th, 2013, 11:28 AM
I had bangs cut not long ago and although I love them and was happy for the change, they grow so fast! Fortunately at my salon you can get "bang trims" for $5, which is awesome, but I think I'd have to go like every two weeks to keep them out of my eyes. I am terrified of cutting my own hair or I'd do it myself!

ositarosita
December 13th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I cut my bangs (I cut/ trim my own hair) October 31st this year they have grown about 1.5" since then, I haven't trimmed because i want to see how long it will take them to become face framing layers lol ... but typically i think most people trim their bangs once a month.

alishaxmarie
December 13th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Biotin + bangs = trimming at least every other week (I did them myself).
Basically I just ended up letting them grow out lol they're a good indication of how quickly my hair is growing :)

biogirl87
December 13th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Last time I had my bangs cut in again, I liked them for a few days to a week but now I do not like them as much. I do not think I am going to get them trimmed at all as I think I want to let them grow out this time.

Misschilly
December 13th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I trim my once a month!

jacqueline101
December 13th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Mine used to get cut once a month but I got Bette Paige bangs and they're taking longer to grow out. I'm happy about that I get tired of trimming them.

Rio040113
December 13th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Every month or so :)

MandyBeth
December 13th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Every other week - $10 as mine are fussy to trim. No, I will not trim at home.

Mine are shaped, and while they aren't the Wednesday Mourning extreme, that's the idea. So very nit picky and need frequent shaping.

Rest of hair needs trim every eight weeks.

hanne jensen
December 14th, 2013, 02:38 AM
I trim my bangs when they start to flop into my eyes. Sometimes it's 3 weeks, other times 8-9 weeks. It depends on how fast my hair is growing. Bangs grow fast because they're constantly getting trimmed and there's not much mechanical damage. Bangs are a good indicator of growth rate if there's no damage. Of course if one wants to grow bangs down to the hemline it seems to take eternity.

Since your bangs are growing so fast, I wouldn't be scared to try trimming yourself. Just make sure that you tie the rest of your hair back so it doesn't get cut with your bangs. If you make a mistake, they'll grow out fast. Bangs are very forgiving. 5 bucks a shot adds up on a yearly basis. (new hairtoy, perhaps?).

joflakes
December 14th, 2013, 04:30 AM
I guess every 4 or 5 weeks depending on how short they're cut and growth rate. Too often!