PDA

View Full Version : You know the feeling ... ?

W2
December 12th, 2013, 02:53 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8195&d=1386885060

Of the Fae
December 12th, 2013, 03:19 PM
YES! I've gotta learn to self trim!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 12th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Yessir I know that feeling! I self trim nowadays.

Madora
December 12th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I'm lucky. Never happened to me because I showed the trimmer exactly what I wanted..and made him/her repeat it.

jacqueline101
December 12th, 2013, 04:11 PM
I love self trimming. I know I'm new to it but it has become my new friend.

swearnsue
December 12th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Tell me that didn't just happen to your thick silver hair!!!!!!

ejking2
December 12th, 2013, 05:26 PM
I know the feeling and I hate it. Now that I know how to self-trim, I don't have to trust anyone else near my head with scissors ever again. I know there are some amazing hairdressers out there, but this has happened to me way more times than is remotely acceptable.

lapushka
December 12th, 2013, 05:37 PM
I know the feeling and I hate it. Now that I know how to self-trim, I don't have to trust anyone else near my head with scissors ever again. I know there are some amazing hairdressers out there, but this has happened to me way more times than is remotely acceptable.

This. ^^ We self trim in my house, and it's awesome. My mom trims her own hair with Feye's method for a blunt cut, and she trims mine in layers (compact cut method, ponytail on forehead for short layers). We haven't spent any money on hairdressers in years. She also colors her hair herself. So major savings there too.

It's just not worth it. There are methods enough out there for you to be able to trim in the comfort of your own home, so there really is no longer any need to involve a hairdresser.

Naiadryade
December 12th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I haven't used a hairdresser in years and don't plan on it... but this moment of that movie was just, agh, heartbreaking!

tetisheri72
December 12th, 2013, 06:48 PM
Yes! That's how I lost 6 inches last year. That's why my husband now helps me.

0xalis
December 12th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Actually, not really, but that's what I'm afraid of. I'm never ever going to a hairdresser for a trim, ever! Only for chops! I leave all the trimming up to my mom.

endlessly
December 12th, 2013, 09:38 PM
100% agree! I haven't been to a hairdresser (or had any trims, cuts, whatsoever) in a very long time due to this problem. I've found a lot of hairdressers just cannot wait to get their hands on long hair...there's some sort of urge where they must cut it all off!

chen bao jun
December 12th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Yes. I. know. this. feeling.
NEVER AGAIN!!!!
P.S. I also did not see why they had to ruin that movie with the haircut at the end.

AmyBeth
December 12th, 2013, 10:01 PM
I'm so grateful to say, no I don't! I never bothered with trims until my big chop, and then, I only had myself to blame. I took it like a big girl and tried my hardest to like shorter hair for a few years. Now that I self trim, I don't have to worry about it. I am a little older and think now and then about maybe someday having to cut it (or lose it) due to health issues. But I suppose that if that happens, losing my hair would be the least of my worries.

Zindell
December 12th, 2013, 11:21 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8195&d=1386885060

Yes! This is why I learned how to trim my own hair. Haven't seen a hairdresser for years!

W2
December 13th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Tell me that didn't just happen to your thick silver hair!!!!!!

No no ... I would've been whining much louder!

teenerz
December 13th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Ugh, that used to happen to me before I found my current hairdresser - I'd ask for a trim of an inch and they would cut off 2-3 inches! So frustrating!

I love my hairdresser now, I'll ask for an inch and she'll cut off 1/2 inch and say "what do you think? another 1/2 or no?" She's the best! :)

Anje
December 13th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Yep, been there, done that. Not for years, thankfully, but it always feels like such a violation when they don't do what you ask for.

MandyBeth
December 13th, 2013, 11:57 PM
Kind of - but more in cutting in layer as fine texture, heavy thickness hair is flat and stringy without layers.

DD gets home trim and chop fun 90% of time. Now with no real unlimited damage, we may go once every three years - when critters get their three year rabies vaccination. More to reset her ends from waves and zigzags than anything else.

DFD is keeping her length the same, so I just tracked her growth weekly, then she comes with me for my vang trim and her trim every two weeks. Since she's a near teen, this involves dramatic acting. Her tippidity tips always are ready for a micro trim. With her right arm limited to doing nothing, she can only manage a pony tail, so no mechanical protection.